Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,022 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

What Are My Chances Of Paying My Last Respect To My Dad In US - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are My Chances Of Paying My Last Respect To My Dad In US (700 Views)

Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? / My Chances In Netherlands? / Rescued Thailand Boys Pay Tearful Respect To Dead Navy Seal Diver(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are My Chances Of Paying My Last Respect To My Dad In US by Gentlesleek: 10:54pm On Apr 18, 2018
Good day house, please I need your candid advice. My dad died in the US last year but I was not able to travel to pay my last respect due to the nature of my job. Now, I have been granted leave from my workplace and I want to visit US with my son and wife to see where my dad was buried.
I was told that I will have to prove to the VO that he is my father, however, all I have is his death certificate and the conversation I had with the medical examiner at the hospital where he passed on. Let me also mention that we do not have any pictures together and I lost my birth certificate a long time ago.
What are my chances of getting a visa to the US?
Re: What Are My Chances Of Paying My Last Respect To My Dad In US by lillaowow(m): 11:14pm On Apr 18, 2018
Gentlesleek:
Good day house, please I need your candid advice. My dad died in the US last year but I was not able to travel to pay my last respect due to the nature of my job. Now, I have been granted leave from my workplace and I want to visit US with my son and wife to see where my dad was buried.
I was told that I will have to prove to the VO that he is my father, however, all I have is his death certificate and the conversation I had with the medical examiner at the hospital where he passed on. Let me also mention that we do not have any pictures together and I lost my birth certificate a long time ago.
What are my chances of getting a visa to the US?

Question:

How do you plan to prove he is your dad?

2 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances Of Paying My Last Respect To My Dad In US by Gentlesleek: 11:25pm On Apr 18, 2018
I am thinking of using their marriage certificate as well as the declaration of age my mum sworn on my behalf. Though this looks a bit complicated.
Re: What Are My Chances Of Paying My Last Respect To My Dad In US by oladimejiayowol: 11:46pm On Apr 18, 2018
@gentlesleek. the funniest part of it is that you might not be asked for any document or proof.

1. you need to go along first and fill in ur form reason for travelling and you still have dependent left behind. that will tell them you will return cos of your wife and kid.

2. who you are staying with and how long ( quote working days eg 10 working day) that will signal its annual leave. and make sure your stay is above 2-3 weeks. leave days is within that period and not less.

3. when they ask you questions about yourself or what you do, dont stop talking until he or she stops you.

4. be calm and dont look despite.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are My Chances Of Paying My Last Respect To My Dad In US by TheCongo2: 11:58am On Apr 19, 2018
Gentlesleek:
I am thinking of using their marriage certificate as well as the declaration of age my mum sworn on my behalf. Though this looks a bit complicated.

You are applying for a visiting visa ro the US and not an immigrant visa.
Documents to prove relationship aren't required for a visit visa

1 Like

Re: What Are My Chances Of Paying My Last Respect To My Dad In US by Gentlesleek: 2:32pm On Apr 19, 2018
Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Multiple City Flight Booking / Nigerian Females In Quater / Nigeria Deports Four Ghanaian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.