Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,774 members, 7,820,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

My Chances In Netherlands? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Chances In Netherlands? (10750 Views)

Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? / What Are My Chances Of Studying Abroad. / 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Chances In Netherlands? by limsycutey(f): 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

Please what are my chances of getting admission into a Dutch university with a 2:2. I studied law but I'm applying for an MBA because even though I have my LLM, my law degree is useless there.

I picked Netherlands because it's the easiest and cheapest option for me because I'm traveling with two kids and my sister (a permanent resident, Married with kids) will be housing us for the duration of the masters, at least until i can get a decent job.

I'm about to register for IELTS and GMAT, I just want to know my chances before investing all that time and money into it.

I have been checking but I can't seem to find any major thread on Netherlands.

1 Like

Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 29, 2019
Get there first and believe every other things will get better
Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by limsycutey(f): 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2019
azimo:
Get there first and believe every other things will get better

I need the admission to get there. undecided
Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by Heritantrade(m): 12:46pm On Nov 30, 2019
Apply at Witteburg University in Apoldron,they accept 2nd class lower holders,best of luck!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 01, 2019
limsycutey:

I need the admission to get there. undecided
then apply with reasonable documents that's all
Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 18, 2020
limsycutey:
Hi everyone,

Please what are my chances of getting admission into a Dutch university with a 2:2. I studied law but I'm applying for an MBA because even though I have my LLM, my law degree is useless there.

I picked Netherlands because it's the easiest and cheapest option for me because I'm traveling with two kids and my sister (a permanent resident, Married with kids) will be housing us for the duration of the masters, at least until i can get a decent job.

I'm about to register for IELTS and GMAT, I just want to know my chances before investing all that time and money into it.

I have been checking but I can't seem to find any major thread on Netherlands.

Even me I haven't seen any thread on Netherlands
I wan to apply for permanent resident and work permit don't even know how to go about it
Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by drnoel: 11:01am On Mar 18, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

I wan to apply for permanent resident and work permit don't even know how to go about it

If u want to apply for EU blue, u need to have a job offer already on ground. If u have a sister already there, let her do Ur homework for u. Best ways to move are either u have a job and apply for Blue card or u get masters and go as a student. The student route is good but there are no assurances that u will get a job after the masters. So I would say the job offer is the best route, since u already have family on ground.
Let ur sister contact headhunters and find out possibility of finding jobs for someone in Nigeria. Chances are scarce though cos they prefer someone already on ground.
Also jobs making waves now and easily gotten are IT jobs, Engineering and health jobs. So if u don't have documents or certification in these areas, the job aspect may be slim, unless Ur sister knows someone who has a law firm and is willing to employ u for a few years.
I doubt u would get much information on NL for the Netherlands for someone who has a law degree. So pls refer back to Ur sister, if she doesn't know let her ask her husband who I would suspect has been there for donkey years. Let him ask around.

1 Like

Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by drnoel: 11:05am On Mar 18, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Read my last comment. If Ur area is IT, Engineering or healthcare then u are good to go.
Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 18, 2020
drnoel:

If u want to apply for EU blue, u need to have a job offer already on ground. If u have a sister already there, let her do Ur homework for u. Best ways to move are either u have a job and apply for Blue card or u get masters and go as a student. The student route is good but there are no assurances that u will get a job after the masters. So I would say the job offer is the best route, since u already have family on ground.
Let ur sister contact headhunters and find out possibility of finding jobs for someone in Nigeria. Chances are scarce though cos they prefer someone already on ground.
Also jobs making waves now and easily gotten are IT jobs, Engineering and health jobs. So if u don't have documents or certification in these areas, the job aspect may be slim, unless Ur sister knows someone who has a law firm and is willing to employ u for a few years.
I doubt u would get much information on NL for the Netherlands for someone who has a law degree. So pls refer back to Ur sister, if she doesn't know let her ask her husband who I would suspect has been there for donkey years. Let him ask around.
Pm bro I studied mechanical engineering in the polytechnic of ibadan just ND
But I don't want to go as a student because after my studies if mistakenly I don't get a good paying job if I extend just a day there am already an illegal immigrant and this is what I want to avoid.
And I don't know anyone there
I think my chances of getting there is not sure
And I also heard they don't give Nigerians visa
But from what I read up there you sound like you know more about
My question is - Have you applied for their visa before.?
Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 18, 2020
drnoel:

Read my last comment. If Ur area is IT, Engineering or healthcare then u are good to go.
Thanks bro for reaching out to me
I studied mechanical engineering I think am good to go
But I know no one there
But I read it in one thread that they don't give Nigerians visa
Am thinking of going to some of this UAE country
To Hussle and after two years of work I can go
From there
Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by drnoel: 4:59pm On Mar 18, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Pm bro I studied mechanical engineering in the polytechnic of ibadan just ND
But I don't want to go as a student because after my studies if mistakenly I don't get a good paying job if I extend just a day there am already an illegal immigrant and this is what I want to avoid.
And I don't know anyone there
I think my chances of getting there is not sure
And I also heard they don't give Nigerians visa
But from what I read up there you sound like you know more about
My question is - Have you applied for their visa before.?

No I haven't applied for their Visa so can't advise u as regards Netherlands. Though have lived in Germany for years so I know the EU cos am well travelled around Europe.
Am sure u know the idiom "nothing ventured nothing gained". Make attempt.
Since u don't have people in Netherland, go the student way. U could be lucky to wed a citizen and that would solidify Ur status but only do it for love. U may be lucky to come across someone that likes exotic origins and it clicks for u both
Cheers

3 Likes

Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by drnoel: 5:01pm On Mar 18, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Thanks bro for reaching out to me
I studied mechanical engineering I think am good to go
But I know no one there
But I read it in one thread that they don't give Nigerians visa
Am thinking of going to some of this UAE country
To Hussle and after two years of work I can go
From there

Pls take note. Most western countries are looking for professionals to boost their workforce so I doubt Netherland will refuse u visa if Ur application is solid

1 Like

Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 18, 2020
drnoel:

No I haven't applied for their Visa so can't advise u as regards Netherlands. Though have lived in Germany for years so I know the EU cos am well travelled around Europe.
Am sure u know the idiom "nothing ventured nothing gained". Make attempt.
Since u don't have people in Netherland then go the student way. U can look for s citizen and marry for to solidify Ur status but only do it for love. U May be lucky to come across some that likes exotic origins and it clicks for u both

Cheers
Thanks bro for your concern I really appreciate it
But how is life in Germany over there
Can you advise me on going to Germany
And on which travel route aside from studying

1 Like

Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by drnoel: 8:05am On Mar 19, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Since u are still young and unmarried. There are many options. There are many threads on traveling abroad here. Just take Ur pick and study it.
Go to the Canadian EE thread and read from beginning. There are also threads for Australia, UK and Germany. UK now offers chances to work so it's also a possibility.
Educate urself.
Cheers
Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 19, 2020
drnoel:

Since u are still young and unmarried. There are many options. There are many threads on traveling abroad here. Just take Ur pick and study it.
Go to the Canadian EE thread and read from beginning. There are also threads for Australia, UK and Germany. UK now offers chances to work so it's also a possibility.
Educate urself.
Cheers
Thanks bro for enlightening me
You're a brother from another mother
Gonna check those thread out
Thanks once again
Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by drnoel: 8:47am On Mar 19, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

grin not everything on Nairaland is bad. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by Nairalandmonika: 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2020
drnoel:

Does work experience and grade matters in getting a job over there?
Will they consider HND?
I just completed my service
No work experience yet apart from internship.
I have an uncle in Netherland though we don't talk that much.
Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 14, 2020
drnoel:

The student route is good but there are no assurances that u will get a job after the masters. So I would say the job offer is the best route, since u already have family on ground.
Getting a student visa to Netherlands is easy as long as you get admission and pay the tuition. The problem is getting a job after the you get your 1 year post graduate work permit. Many Nigerians end up back home.

It is hard to get a job there because they put Dutch Nationals,EU citizens first before they look at your application.

1 Like

Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by hodari: 5:09am On Apr 15, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Getting a student visa to Netherlands is easy as long as you get admission and pay the tuition. The problem is getting a job after the you get your 1 year post graduate work permit. Many Nigerians end up back home.

It is hard to get a job there because they put Dutch Nationals,EU citizens first before they look at your application.
Not only that, you need to speak Dutch very well even to work in McDonalds. I’m a former resident of Limburg.

1 Like

Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by Stephenmoka4(m): 1:40pm On Apr 15, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Netherlands, hmm you will have to live there for like 5 years before you can apply.
Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 15, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Netherlands, hmm you will have to live there for like 5 years before you can apply.
Is it not better
Than USA
Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by Stephenmoka4(m): 2:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Is it not better
Than USA
I'll pick USA over Netherlands, for me Netherlands is more of a vacation place
Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 15, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Ahhh bro abeg try to make your research grin
More of vacation or wetin you talk
I get person there wey I meet for this forum
He tell me say the country mark sense
USA kee na people like you dey make Trump dey pompous lol grin

1 Like

Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by Stephenmoka4(m): 2:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Ahhh bro abeg try to make your research grin
More of vacation or wetin you talk
I get person there wey I meet for this forum
He tell me say the country mark sense
USA kee na people like you dey make Trump dey pompous lol grin
It's definitely going to make sense when compared with Nigeria, one European country I will consider is England (UK) the rest are just for vacation to me.
Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
If you can learn the language and get a white collar job that pays well, I would say you will enjoy Netherlands and USA equally.
States in America like Florida,Texas and California have weather similar to Nigeria, so if you live in those states you will prefer USA over Netheralands.
It snows in Netherlands during winter.
Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Work there for 5 years and then you are able to apply for permanent residence. That was the requirement when I lived there, not sure if they changed reduced the number of years you can work until you can apply for permanent residency.
Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
hodari:

Not only that, you need to speak Dutch very well even to work in McDonalds. I’m a former resident of Limburg.
If you can get a job in a multi-national company like Shell,Phillips,Unilver, not speaking Dutch will not really be an issue. However, your growth will be stagnated and you will not reach management if you can't communicate with the majority of the staff in their language. And some of your bosses will refuse to speak to you in English and your co-workers. Happened to one of my Dad's friends and you will be forced to learn the Dutch to be able to communicate with them.
Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
It's definitely going to make sense when compared with Nigeria, one European country I will consider is England (UK) the rest are just for vacation to me.
Bro even UK self no be Europe
It's British colony
I won't say anything again grin just do your research
And let me know when you are done
For better results
Just press Netherlands to chrome and read very carefully shalom grin
Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by drnoel: 5:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Does work experience and grade matters in getting a job over there?
Will they consider HND?
I just completed my service
No work experience yet apart from internship.
I have an uncle in Netherland though we don't talk that much.

I can't disprove or confirm Ur statement
Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
drnoel:

I can't disprove or confirm Ur statement
It doesn't matter if you get work experience and obtain the best grade from a University in the Netherlands. If you don't find a job that qualifies for permanent residence after you receive your 1 year post graduate work permit, you will be back in Nigeria or can choose to remain illegally and live like slave.

1 Like

Re: My Chances In Netherlands? by drnoel: 5:54pm On Apr 15, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

People should be advised that unlike Canada getting permanent residency in most EU countries is thru legal immigration and it takes about 5-8 years after the person has received his/her temporary residence permit. Not before.
The student route is the best one. Ofcos traveling with a job offer is better than the students route but very difficult to achieve.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays / 9 Tips For Convoy Driving – By FRSC / What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.