Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,875 members, 7,810,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

"We Are Not Lazy". Nigerian Youths Reply Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We Are Not Lazy". Nigerian Youths Reply Buhari (641 Views)

2023: Igbo Youths Reply El-rufai On The Abolition Of Zoning System / 'We Are Not Lazy,' Nigerian Youths Slam President Buhari On Social Media - CNN / No Amount Of Bullets Can Stop Us, Wounded Ekwulobia Youths Reply Obiano, Buratai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"We Are Not Lazy". Nigerian Youths Reply Buhari by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 19, 2018
Reactions have continued to pour in from the youths and a few politicians over the insinuation by the president Muhammadu Buhari that Nigerian youths are lazy and would rather sit and wait for oil money than work for themselves.

Buhari had made the statement on Wednesday during the Commonwealth business forum in the UK.
The president had said Nigerian youth just want to sit and do nothing, relying on the notion that Nigeria is an oil-rich nation.

Irked by this unfair accusation, many Nigeria youths who have been grappling to fend for themselves under the harsh economic conditions in the country characterised by high rate of unemployment, lack of power, water and other infrastructures, have taken to the social media to voice their annoyance and backlash at their president, whom many of them voted into power trusting in his promises of 'change'.

In a viral reaction to this rather harsh statement, several Nigeria youths and politicians have countered the President's remarks under the harsh tag #LazyNigerianYouths which is currently tending on Twitter.
Below are some of their reactions.

@Adeekehinde. I'm a graduate of Food Science and Technology with National Diploma and Higher National Diploma. As @MBuhari came on board in 2015, I graduated. Since Buhari couldn't provide me a job, I started my tailoring business @KAN_Royale, guess it qualifies me as a #LazyNigerianYouths

@Solaadio. #LazyNigerianYouths One of my female followers in her mid-20s told me she is a carpenter. She manufactures and delivers furniture to homes and offices. She has her own workshop with employees.
@ms_yesirat. I work as a customer care executive and I sell yam, elubo and spicy kulikuli too. "I am not one of the #LazyNigerianYouth"

@ArinzeVictoria1. I am a final year student in unilorin and run an online/offline store @Vickysaccessories both on IG and twitter..i have up to 8 students on my payroll who work for me as distributors..not even hit my 2 decades yet..in months tho.I am not lazy!!We are not #LazyNigerianYouths

@JustSeyi. I’m an educational consultant, a teacher , an educational marketer, a writer and I own https:///Y94JuSe8N0 I am not a #LazyNigerianYouth

@OsasCruz. We pay for everything, Security i pay 700 naira for civil defense every month, pay for water, pay for the non-available electricity every month.A president whose son is doing nothing but riding power bike said we are lazy. #LazyNigerianYouths I'm not lazy... I worked to put myself through the University.. Nigerian youths are not Lazy!! Nigerian Youths are not Lazy!!
Nigerian Politicians are Lazy!!Nigerian Politicians are Lazy!!#LazyNigerianYouths

@benmurraybruce Whoever says Nigerian youths are lazy should just buy a mirror and he or she will see the real definition of laziness! I have over 1000 Nigerian youths in my employ and not one of them is lazy.

@atiku. I will never refer to Nigeria's youth as people who sit and do nothing. They are hardworking. I should know, I have thousands of youths working for me all over the country who have been the backbone to our success.

With another general election just around the corner(2019) and the youths making up more than half of the country's populace, the president recently announced his intention to run for another second term.

However, such statements by the president against the Nigerian youths may only serve to reduce further his already dwindling popularity among the Nigerian people who seem to be waiting for the next election to pay him back by showing him the exit door.

http://www.naijascribe.com/2018/04/we-are-not-lazy-nigerian-youths-reply.html

1 Like

Re: "We Are Not Lazy". Nigerian Youths Reply Buhari by ja2ken(m): 2:52pm On Apr 19, 2018
The dullard ll soon blame God for creating Nigeria... sad grin grin angry

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Police Recover Senate’s Stolen Mace: Where It Was Found Will Shock You / Breaking News! Oyo State Speaker Is Dead / Governor Bello Reportedly Threatens To Sack Aides Over Failed Melaye’s Recall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.