Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. (1807 Views)

Lawmaker Throws Microphone At Keyamo During 774,000 Jobs Rowdy Committee Meeting / Governor El-Rufai Takes Selfie In Isolation, Attends COVID-19 Committee Meeting / President Buhari’s Speech At The National Executive Committee Meeting Of APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by UcheSecondus: 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2018
Address by the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Prince Uche Secondus on the occasion of the Emergency National Executive Committee (NEC) Meeting of the Party at PDP National Headquarters, Wadata Plaza, Abuja, and 19th April, 2018.

Protocol.

Preamble.

It is with great pleasure and thanksgiving to God that I welcome you beloved leaders of our great party to this very important meeting.

State of the Nation.

As you must have been following the nation's political terrain, since our last meeting, you will agree with me that all is not yet well with our nation.

The situation in our country is very disturbing as the ruling APC has continued to show in all ramifications that it lacks the wherewithal to manage this country.

The ugly incident in the nation’s Senate on Wednesday 18th April, 2018 more than anything else underscores the fact that our democracy is seriously under threat.

Nigerians and international community watched horrified as the spokesman of President Muhammadu Buhari’s support Group in the Senate, Senator Ovie Omo-Agage led thugs into the hallowed chambers of the nation’s senate to steal the mace the authority of the Senate and kidnapped a Senator.

That these hoodlums passed through all the security checks and majestically worked into the chambers to cause such havoc leaves much to chew to all discerning minds.

As the President and APC leaders globe throttle meeting World leaders the legislative arm of the government, in fact the main symbol of democracy the legislature is being vandalised by agents sponsored by the government.

What happened in the Senate yesterday is a clear assault on democracy, a coup against the legislature and should not only be condemned but those responsible should be tried for treason as demanded by the law.

Herdsmen brazenly invade our homes and farms, rape, maim and kill our people daily, and thugs do the same in our parliament yet we have a government.

This obnoxious development has placed enormous challenge on us as the main opposition party to up our game and quickly rescue this country from the appalling APC administration.
Majority of Nigerians who are disillusioned about the state of affairs in the last three years, are excited that we are trying to get it right as we remain the last hope for our democracy.
We have also noted with disbelief, the continued de-marketing of this country by the President each time he travels outside the country.

This time he chose to abuse and deride our hard-working youths as lazy, a remark that is not only embarrassing but untrue. Our youths are not lazy, they are resourceful and indeed they are our future leaders.

On the 30th of April, 2018, our President is scheduled to meet with the President of the United States of America in Washington, the home of democracy and free speech, but back home in his country; anti-democratic weapons are being deployed against the Nigerian people.

We commend our elder statesmen and other patriotic Nigerians who have spoken up on the urgent need to rid the country of the current bad APC government and enthrone a government that will serve our needs.

ALL HANDS MUST BE ON DECK to achieve the great task of removing this APC government and replacing it with a government that will the hope and aspirations of Nigerians.

Widening our Scope

Because of this challenge, we have taken it upon ourselves as the leading opposition party to broaden our scope, open our doors and allow ideas to flow in for a more robust democratic development.

We therefore, invitee our brother, sister, youths and women from other political parties in this platform to join us to rescue our country that is in distress, socially, politically, economically and security wise.

In this country today over 3.1m citizens are languishing in various IDPs across the country yet we are not at war with any country.

Our consultations have taken us to meet with various interest groups who are willing to do business with us and I can report to you that it has very fruitful.

We expect in coming days to have a broader political family working dedicatedly to rescue this democracy and our beloved country from the hands of APC.

Reconciliation And Peace building

Since peace and unity in the party is key to realizing any of our aspirations particularly winning the Presidency, a peace and reconciliatory efforts were catalysed.

Permit me at this juncture therefore to place on record the yeoman role of the Chairman of our reconciliatory Committee His Excellency, Governor Seraike Dickson of Bayelsa state who has submitted his committee report to the NWC.

Also for special mention here is the former Senate President David Mark whose committee on Ekiti state has also been submitted.

Just yesterday myself, Senator Mark and members of NWC were in Ado Ekiti to put flesh to the recommendations and I can proudly report to you that Ekiti PDP is approaching July gubernatorial election as one huge family.

I must not forget to commend Governor Ayodele Fayose and other leaders of the party in Ekiti state for their cooperation.

We have also began the same process for Osun state where a successful congress was conducted and peace building process put underway ahead of September gubernatorial election in that state.

Conclusion.

As I end this address to you great leaders of our party, permit me to leave you with this quote from the 54th Speaker of the American House of Representatives Pau Ryan and he says
"Moving from an opposition party to a governing party comes with growing pains.

And, well, we're feeling those growing pains today. Doing big things is hard. All of us. All of us, myself included, we will need time to reflect on how we got to this moment, what we could have done to do it better"

cc; Lalasticlala

Thanks for listening.
PDP - power to the People
Power to the People-PDP.
God bless
Prince Uche Secondus

https://www.facebook.com/princeuchesecondus/posts/233539920529288

19 Likes 13 Shares

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by UcheSecondus: 4:42pm On Apr 19, 2018
More...

3 Likes

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by madridguy(m): 4:45pm On Apr 19, 2018
Fruitless meeting as usual. PDP is dead and cremated.

3 Likes

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by onubijoe(m): 4:54pm On Apr 19, 2018
PDP power to the people.thank God for the gift of intelligent personality
God bless PDP for Nigeria
God bless our chairman

UcheSecondus:
The 79th National Executive Committee (NEC), of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Venue: National Headquarters, Plot 1970 Michael Okpara Street, Wadata Plaza, Wuse Zone 5, Abuja.

5 Likes

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by bensonoriade: 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2018
PDP is going places and this is just the begining...

3 Likes

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by racoonboss12: 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2018
The party with the recuse vision and mission ..Pdp for Ever

2 Likes

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by sandraegun4: 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2018
PDP Reuniting... APC beware, we are coming for the throne. This is a game of thrones.

3 Likes

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by racoonboss12: 5:02pm On Apr 19, 2018
Its Time you wake up and be Alive..tune into the vision#RescueNigeria
madridguy:

3 Likes

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by temitemi1(m): 5:03pm On Apr 19, 2018
Bad belle grin grin grin
madridguy:

3 Likes

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by madridguy(m): 5:05pm On Apr 19, 2018
You guys should lease wadata plaza to me make I dey sell tomatoes as Baba don call us lazy yuut shocked

temitemi1:
Bad belle grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by onubijoe(m): 5:09pm On Apr 19, 2018
by the special grace of God PDP is coming back again to rebuild and regain the nation .
PDP is not dead still alive till tomorrow to make life better for you and your generation. don't be a disgrace to Nigeria, i guest that you are one of the lazy youth @mbuhari is talking about @APCNigeria is a failure and let failure be failure

madridguy:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by madridguy(m): 5:12pm On Apr 19, 2018
I would rather be a lazy youth than hoping on your satanic party. 16 wasted years under PDP is enough.

onubijoe:
by the special grace of God PDP is coming back again to rebuild and regain the nation .
PDP is not dead still alive till tomorrow to make life better for you and your generation. don't be a disgrace to Nigeria, i guest that you are one of the lazy youth @mbuhari is talking about @APCNigeria is a failure and let failure be failure

2 Likes

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by racoonboss12: 5:23pm On Apr 19, 2018
3 years crying and suffering hasn't given you brains to see right ..wake up to the restructuring ..PdP hasgot all the machinery and tools to bring back the lost glory of the great nation

madridguy:
I would rather be a lazy youth than hoping on your satanic party. 16 wasted years under PDP is enough.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by madridguy(m): 5:27pm On Apr 19, 2018
Wake up from your slumber.

racoonboss12:
3 years crying and suffering hasn't given you brains to see right ..wake up to the restructuring ..PdP hasgot all the machinery and tools to bring back the lost glory of the great nation

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by racoonboss12: 5:31pm On Apr 19, 2018
you are lazy in thinking and seeing the truth..smh

madridguy:
You guys should lease wadata plaza to me make I dey sell tomatoes as Baba don call us lazy yuut shocked

2 Likes

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by tuniski: 5:31pm On Apr 19, 2018
madridguy:
Lazy youth According to buhari!

1 Like

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by onubijoe(m): 5:33pm On Apr 19, 2018
Madrridguy, are u a graduate? Better plan for better future , 16 years no hunger, petrol 85 no records of herdsmen attacks , our education was 90% but now its drop to 23% because of illiterate among @APCNigeria . Since you cliam to be lazy forever so ahall it be for you

madridguy:

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by UcheSecondus: 5:33pm On Apr 19, 2018
More Pictures

1 Like

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by racoonboss12: 5:33pm On Apr 19, 2018
put your silliness together so you can be aligned to this dream

madridguy:
Wake up from your slumber.

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by UcheSecondus: 5:34pm On Apr 19, 2018
More pictures

1 Like

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by racoonboss12: 5:34pm On Apr 19, 2018
Great INDIVIDUALS with the right ideas and vision

UcheSecondus:
More Pictures

1 Like

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by UcheSecondus: 5:36pm On Apr 19, 2018
More pictures...

1 Like

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by TeeMaama: 5:37pm On Apr 19, 2018
We wait eagerly for PDP to take over power 2019. PDP! Power tp the people

2 Likes

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by onubijoe(m): 5:38pm On Apr 19, 2018
Action speaks louder than voice
no shaking

UcheSecondus:
Address by the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Prince Uche Secondus on the occasion of the Emergency National Executive Committee (NEC) Meeting of the Party at PDP National Headquarters, Wadata Plaza, Abuja, and 19th April, 2018.

Protocol.

Preamble.

It is with great pleasure and thanksgiving to God that I welcome you beloved leaders of our great party to this very important meeting.

State of the Nation.

As you must have been following the nation's political terrain, since our last meeting, you will agree with me that all is not yet well with our nation.

The situation in our country is very disturbing as the ruling APC has continued to show in all ramifications that it lacks the wherewithal to manage this country.

The ugly incident in the nation’s Senate on Wednesday 18th April, 2018 more than anything else underscores the fact that our democracy is seriously under threat.

Nigerians and international community watched horrified as the spokesman of President Muhammadu Buhari’s support Group in the Senate, Senator Ovie Omo-Agage led thugs into the hallowed chambers of the nation’s senate to steal the mace the authority of the Senate and kidnapped a Senator.

That these hoodlums passed through all the security checks and majestically worked into the chambers to cause such havoc leaves much to chew to all discerning minds.

As the President and APC leaders globe throttle meeting World leaders the legislative arm of the government, in fact the main symbol of democracy the legislature is being vandalised by agents sponsored by the government.

What happened in the Senate yesterday is a clear assault on democracy, a coup against the legislature and should not only be condemned but those responsible should be tried for treason as demanded by the law.

Herdsmen brazenly invade our homes and farms, rape, maim and kill our people daily, and thugs do the same in our parliament yet we have a government.

This obnoxious development has placed enormous challenge on us as the main opposition party to up our game and quickly rescue this country from the appalling APC administration.
Majority of Nigerians who are disillusioned about the state of affairs in the last three years, are excited that we are trying to get it right as we remain the last hope for our democracy.
We have also noted with disbelief, the continued de-marketing of this country by the President each time he travels outside the country.

This time he chose to abuse and deride our hard-working youths as lazy, a remark that is not only embarrassing but untrue. Our youths are not lazy, they are resourceful and indeed they are our future leaders.

On the 30th of April, 2018, our President is scheduled to meet with the President of the United States of America in Washington, the home of democracy and free speech, but back home in his country; anti-democratic weapons are being deployed against the Nigerian people.

We commend our elder statesmen and other patriotic Nigerians who have spoken up on the urgent need to rid the country of the current bad APC government and enthrone a government that will serve our needs.

ALL HANDS MUST BE ON DECK to achieve the great task of removing this APC government and replacing it with a government that will the hope and aspirations of Nigerians.

Widening our Scope

Because of this challenge, we have taken it upon ourselves as the leading opposition party to broaden our scope, open our doors and allow ideas to flow in for a more robust democratic development.

We therefore, invitee our brother, sister, youths and women from other political parties in this platform to join us to rescue our country that is in distress, socially, politically, economically and security wise.

In this country today over 3.1m citizens are languishing in various IDPs across the country yet we are not at war with any country.

Our consultations have taken us to meet with various interest groups who are willing to do business with us and I can report to you that it has very fruitful.

We expect in coming days to have a broader political family working dedicatedly to rescue this democracy and our beloved country from the hands of APC.

Since peace and unity in the party is key to realizing any of our aspirations particularly winning the Presidency, a peace and reconciliatory efforts were catalysed.

Permit me at this juncture therefore to place on record the yeoman role of the Chairman of our reconciliatory Committee His Excellency, Governor Seraike Dickson of Bayelsa state who has submitted his committee report to the NWC.

Also for special mention here is the former Senate President David Mark whose committee on Ekiti state has also been submitted.

Just yesterday myself, Senator Mark and members of NWC were in Ado Ekiti to put flesh to the recommendations and I can proudly report to you that Ekiti PDP is approaching July gubernatorial election as one huge family.

I must not forget to commend Governor Ayodele Fayose and other leaders of the party in Ekiti state for their cooperation.

We have also began the same process for Osun state where a successful congress was conducted and peace building process put underway ahead of September gubernatorial election in that state.

Conclusion.

As I end this address to you great leaders of our party, permit me to leave you with this quote from the 54th Speaker of the American House of Representatives Pau Ryan and he says

And, well, we're feeling those growing pains today. Doing big things is hard. All of us. All of us, myself included, we will need time to reflect on how we got to this moment, what we could have done to do it better"

Thanks for listening.
Power to the People-PDP.
God bless
Prince Uche Secondus

1 Like

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by madridguy(m): 5:46pm On Apr 19, 2018
Are you sure you're base here?

onubijoe:
Madrridguy, are u a graduate? Better plan for better future , 16 years no hunger, petrol 85 no records of herdsmen attacks , our education was 90% but now its drop to 23% because of illiterate among @APCNigeria . Since you cliam to be lazy forever so ahall it be for you

1 Like

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by deepumpin: 5:47pm On Apr 19, 2018
nice one peeps. Lets change the change and make hay
Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by Emmanuelxon: 1:00pm On Apr 20, 2018
Men of great caliber 2019 here we come PDP on point
Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by sanumohammed68: 7:06pm On May 02, 2018
Lets sue the FG to court we are with you all the way
UcheSecondus:

Protocol.

Preamble.

State of the Nation.

Widening our Scope

Conclusion.

cc; Lalasticlala

Thanks for listening.
Power to the People-PDP.
God bless
Prince Uche Secondus

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by sanuAhmad: 7:09pm On May 02, 2018
we are in full support of you mr chairman
UcheSecondus:

Protocol.

Preamble.

State of the Nation.

Widening our Scope

Conclusion.

cc; Lalasticlala

Thanks for listening.
Power to the People-PDP.
God bless
Prince Uche Secondus

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by Uchendubisi: 7:26pm On May 02, 2018
UcheSecondus, i like your zeal, you are a great man, the party will prosper under your leadership.
UcheSecondus:

Protocol.

Preamble.

State of the Nation.

Widening our Scope

Conclusion.

cc; Lalasticlala

Thanks for listening.
Power to the People-PDP.
God bless
Prince Uche Secondus

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by AkinSirika: 7:26pm On May 02, 2018
i strongly believe in your leadership and the reforms you will bring to the party, we are with you all the way
UcheSecondus:

Protocol.

Preamble.

State of the Nation.

Widening our Scope

Conclusion.

cc; Lalasticlala

Thanks for listening.
Power to the People-PDP.
God bless
Prince Uche Secondus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 79th National Executive Committee Meeting Of PDP Held Today In Abuja. by danladijohn29: 7:29pm On May 02, 2018
we have to unseat this APC govt. i strongly believe the leadership can under your stewardship
UcheSecondus:

Protocol.

Preamble.

State of the Nation.

Widening our Scope

Conclusion.

cc; Lalasticlala

Thanks for listening.
Power to the People-PDP.
God bless
Prince Uche Secondus

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC in crises as members exchange blows / How 'lagos Political Lion' Sent Ooni To 'deceive Igbo' Ahead Of 2023- Uko. / Buhari Hasn't Change His Office Portrait Despite Asking The Public To Do So (pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.