Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,303 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down (14609 Views)

Tiwa Savage's Marriage To Teebillz Is Over - Tiwa Reveals In An Interview / Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Rocks Black Caped Jumpsuit To Tony Elumelu Programme / Liam Payne Buys Wizkid £1.2Million Champagne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by oyewolejos(m): 10:49pm On May 17, 2010
When we talk about celeb 9ice is next to nothing if we are in a sane society.He was a puppet to Ruggedman when he was coming up and now he his trying to bite the finger that fed him.I could remember the day i met 9ice at a show with Rugged he was just like a body guard to Rugged.Now he has his time now to tell Rugged he his a celeb and he doesn't have the time to release a press statement to clear the air once and for all.Who made him a celeb.Without Rugged support and encouragement nobody will never buy his album.Rugged still remains his God Father.
let him come out or remain silent till Christ come.
Who cares whether Rugged bleep his wife?
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by dayokanu(m): 11:17pm On May 17, 2010
^^ Are you making sense to yourself?

Why should 9ice be bothering himself about non issues? If it bothers ruggedman then he should check himself
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by sulad82i(m): 11:53pm On May 17, 2010
This thread have what Toni and Rugged said on facebook about the issue. U'll need good internet cos it contain large files.

Toni Payne on 9ice

reading thru the post, u'll notice how rugged took it so personal and acted dumb to people's reply. I just think the guy's got something fishy with the whole issue. If he was "bangging" the lady or know someone who used to, then thats some BullSit. I would dump my wife for the same reason too cos the 9ice will just be a laughing stock among them if the what was said about the lady was true. But come to think of it, most of those in her position (makeup artist) are always being pass around from bed to bed. So 9ice should have known better b4 he jump into it cos it should be expected. Or maybe it he had the feeling or heard about it before but decided to go thru for his own sake (climb to the top) but now he's too much for that undecided who knows. But the fact is somewhere and I think his friends are bad for not pulling him back from it or maybe he just want to eat-and-chop-mouth but got stock. Awoof deh kill
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by Shola2009(m): 12:44am On May 18, 2010
Huh? 9ice was married?? grin
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by shilling(f): 6:45am On May 18, 2010
^ ^
lol.

Back to topic: This isn't any of my business what they do with their lives. But, good luck to both of them - hopefully, this doesn't affect the kid.
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by Dotman01(m): 8:18am On May 18, 2010
@Oyewolejos. . . . I dnt think u really understand wat u jus typed about rugged making 9ice a celeb?. . . O boi 9ice was featured on rugged's opomulero and added a lot of flavour to it (check modenine's deathblow pt.1). . . . He did gongo aso without any input from rugged. . . . So i dnt undestand it wen u said rugged made him a celeb. . . . . And again pls change ur signature ATIKU IS NO MORE IN AC. . . lmao
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by esteelv: 8:54am On May 18, 2010
9ice!9ice!!9ice!!!how many times did i call u?go and make up wit ur wife, she didn't drag u wit a rope to d alter.i hope dis doesn't affect ur career cos dat's wot am perceiving.(u don't cut off d finger dat fed u)
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by Nobody: 8:55am On May 18, 2010
hmmmmmm, very funny thou.
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by jokingmary(m): 9:18am On May 18, 2010
next page
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by sweetguy10(m): 9:48am On May 18, 2010
But why's he everybody putting the blame on 9ice ?? if it were you won't you do the same thing for crying out loud ?? Bloody hypocrites cover your face and get outta here jo . I am sure there is a reason behind this . Ruggedman is taking the matter too far , acts like a kid posting comments on Payne's facebook page at the same time abusing people like a 10 yr Old . I really like the way 9ice talked to him , he is on to greater things and he don't have time for cockshits like that . Rugged should put this behind him and act like a matured he- goat .

# Now playing gbamu gbamu !
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by Ranoscky(m): 9:50am On May 18, 2010
Dotman01 & sweetguy10

may god bless both of u for your comment, it's like u guys know what was on my mind.
i blame ruggedman for posting this sh!!t to the internet, can u imagin?
no be today we don dey hear of rummour. if rummour touch u, and u no dey guilty, shebi u go shut-up and make rummour dey rummour itself? . . . if u dey guilty, den make u carry your cross b'cos na u cause am
which 1 be say make 9ice go make a public speech about the matter? . . unto which level? dat 1 na child's talk.

If u ask me sef, i go say, the way wey d mata dey go sef, e b lyk say ruggedman don chop clean mouth!
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by chemali: 10:04am On May 18, 2010
cant believe you guys are blaming ruggedman

what would it cost 9ice to deny the rumours? he seems to forget that toni is the mother of his son and he wont be a celebrity forever. it is obvious from that tape that he is using the rumour to sell the album. an album to me that sounds wack. even the controversial 'twice beaten once shy' song: the instrumental does not really flow with the song.

i like what ruggedman did. it is obvious that he is hurt by the bad rumours. do you know what it means to be accussed of knacking another man's wife? and accussed of being behind the breakup of a lady's marriage? he made a good move by releasing the tape to the world. the conversation shows how poor and low 9ice level of intelligence is. what will it cost him to clear the air regarding the song. rather he has chosen to rubbish the mother of his son and his frend just becos he thinks he is a celebrity absolute nonsense !

i blame toni payne. thats why its always good to marry someone within your social class and status. toni na confirmed big girl. had been staying in USA for years at a time 9ice had never dreamed of flying past muritala airport. 9ice was nowhere near her level. she is well educated and well travelled. you need to hear her speak. unlike 9ice that covers his poor english language skills with pidgin english.

maybe if she had not gotten pregnant for him, she wont have married him. 9ice decided to marry just to avoid the scandal of being a 'seed sower' like 2face. because it was about the same period that 2face was getting back press for having kids from women he was not married to, that 9ice announced he was getting married to an already pregant toni.

she helped him financially regarding his first album. you need to see the album jacket to read the credits he gave to her. the truth is, she was highly influentially in 9ice career. setting him up with the right marketing and promotion agents. thats the truth and everyone including 9ice himself knows it !
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by sweetguy10(m): 10:18am On May 18, 2010
Wow , i just listened to the coversation , i like the way 9ice took the whole conversation up and ruggedman's voice was shaky , ha ha ha !! Go 9ice , Go Adigun !! Adigun ! adigun !! adigun !!!
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by sweetguy10(m): 10:28am On May 18, 2010
chemali:

cant believe you guys are blaming ruggedman

what would it cost 9ice to deny the rumours? he seems to forget that toni is the mother of his son and he wont be a celebrity forever. it is obvious from that tape that he is using the rumour to sell the album. an album to me that sounds wack. even the controversial 'twice beaten once shy' song: the instrumental does not really flow with the song.

i like what ruggedman did. it is obvious that he is hurt by the bad rumours. do you know what it means to be accussed of knacking another man's wife? and accussed of being behind the breakup of a lady's marriage? he made a good move by releasing the tape to the world. the conversation shows how poor and low 9ice level of intelligence is. what will it cost him to clear the air regarding the song. rather he has chosen to rubbish the mother of his son and his frend just becos he thinks he is a celebrity absolute nonsense !

i blame toni payne. thats why its always good to marry someone within your social class and status. toni na confirmed big girl. had been staying in USA for years at a time 9ice had never dreamed of flying past muritala airport. 9ice was nowhere near her level. she is well educated and well travelled. you need to hear her speak. unlike 9ice that covers his poor english language skills with pidgin english.

maybe if she had not gotten pregnant for him, she wont have married him. 9ice decided to marry just to avoid the scandal of being a 'seed sower' like 2face. because it was about the same period that 2face was getting back press for having kids from women he was not married to, that 9ice announced he was getting married to an already pregant toni.

she helped him financially regarding his first album. you need to see the album jacket to read the credits he gave to her. the truth is, she was highly influentially in 9ice career. setting him up with the right marketing and promotion agents. thats the truth and everyone including 9ice himself knows it !

I am sure You are drunk and high on a two days old fermented urine . Did 9ice mentioned anybody's name in the song ?? did he for once mentioned ruggedman's name ? listen to their conversation again , make a mental addition and deduction of it and see who has the upper hand . Ruggedman's voice's shaky , uncomposed . Imagine him telling 9ICE to make a public declaration about nonsenses that are not true . 9ice said it all , it's a mere rumor so he(ruggedman) should move on with his life and work on his forthcoming wack album or else Modenine will kill him again . I am sure Mode9 is watching this with crossed hands and he is ready to unleash Fire on rugged's butt ,
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by Dotman01(m): 11:20am On May 18, 2010
@chameli. . . . . I dnt think speakin pidgin english or mixing it wit yoruba when u're talkin to ur friend is a crime even sometimes most celebs(wande, 2face, psqaure etc) do dat wen being interviewed by press ppl. . . . Again u need to answer this questn, did 9ice force her to marry him? U said she's educated and a resident of usa. . .does dat mean dat she's superior in knowledge or has more talents than 9ice? Afterall 9ice didnt force her. . . . . On the track 'once bitten twice shy' 9ice DID NOT MENTION ANYBODY'S NAME, it could be fictions, he's a musician he can sing on anythin frm betrayal, love, money, swag, dance, sex, shayo to anythin he wishes. . . . The reasom am blaming rugged is why would he release d conversatn he had wit 9ice(someone u claim to be ur friend) to d internet or even mind the rumour ppl are spreading. . . . THEY ARE CELEBS, RUMOURS ARE PART OF THEM.
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by TewMuch: 11:52am On May 18, 2010
Based on the rumours, rugged man had every right to defend his name and his career.I don't blame him 9ice is a selfish punk.He's not Rugged's friend and he has proved that by what he said on the tape.He was making money through such malicious rumours.9ice is a mean and greedy person, he has lost my respect.Will never buy his album again.What an ass.
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by Dotman01(m): 12:07pm On May 18, 2010
@tewmuch. . . Base on the rumour he should also come out and clear id cabasa and 2face names also? Ok am tellin u now dat may be na banky or dbanj. . . . So he should add their names to abi? And also clear who he was referrin to in photocopy, safarawe, street credibility? Abi every time he releases any song he should release a statement. . . . and and and. . . . . Should i go on? Rugged is a joke.
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by joobreel(m): 12:23pm On May 18, 2010
In my opinion, Rugged's hands aint clean on the issue. the rumour was mild about cabasa too but for a while. and he did not make a fuss about it so y is rugged's own causing havoc.
the song 'once beaten, twice shy' is not just a musician's imagination, its a man's explanation of what happened to him.
if 9ice from the conversation decided not to come public on the issue, i guess he is just saving Rugged and Payne's faces.
my opinion
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by Ranoscky(m): 12:25pm On May 18, 2010
@chameli

i think u need to go and listen to dat conversation again! again!! and agin!!!
i was the one that posted that site for everybody to hear and confirm the real thing
but b4 postin it, i listened to it 5good times from begining to the end

9ice told ruggedman that ,  "ruggedman from me to u, i'm tellin u ho-ha, it's not ruggedman that i'm talkin to".
what else do u want 9ice to say again? or do u hear nice mention anybody's name in that music? abeg jare.

9ice made it clear that he is not referin to ruggedman, and he even said he is not referin to tony payne so what else do u guys want nice to do again for god sake? . . . 9ice said he has done what he gat to do by saying that he (9ice) and tony payne are nomore so ruggedman should not listen to whatever anybody say. . . u guys should use the right side of your brain and not the left side for god sake. this matter is simple!

@Tewmuch

your case is so simple
oyingbo market dosen't even know that 1person did not come.
so if u decide not to buy 9ice album anymore, that 1 na your wahala.
after all, musicians make more money through shows and not how much copy they sell.

no be 2day we start to hear rummour, i wonder y ruggedman just carry everythin for head after being told that he's not the 1.
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by funkybaby(f): 12:46pm On May 18, 2010
Ranoscky:

9ice told ruggedman that , "ruggedman from me to u, i'm tellin u ho-ha, it's not ruggedman that i'm talkin to".
what else do u want 9ice to say again? or do u hear nice mention anybody's name in that music? abeg jare.

which justifies ruggedman's reason for making the tape public. so now everyone knows that 9ice was not referring him to him or toni payne.
you cannot blame ruggedman, he had to bring out the truth from 9ice's mouth either by crook or by the book

Ranoscky:

9ice made it clear that he is not referin to ruggedman, and he even said he is not referin to tony payne so what else do u guys want nice to do again for god sake? . . . 9ice said he has done what he gat to do by saying that he (9ice) and tony payne are nomore so ruggedman should not listen to whatever anybody say. . .

and he had to do that by releasing a public statement via his publicist annoucing to the world that he is seperating from his wife. shame !

he should quit messing toni payne up this way. marriages do go wrong but he should learn to respect his ex-wife cos she will forever remain the mother of his son. what does he think will be his son's reaction if 20yrs from now, he learns that such terrible rumour was spread about his mum and all his dad did was sit down and watch all in the name of raking album sales. shame !!
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by Sauron1: 12:48pm On May 18, 2010
funkybaby:

which justifies ruggedman's reason for making the tape public. so now everyone knows that 9ice was not referring him to him or toni payne.
you cannot blame ruggedman, he had to bring out the truth from 9ice's mouth either by crook or by the book

Funkydiva, tell us what happened exactly.
Did Tony Payne polish Ruggedy's knob or what?
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by funkybaby(f): 12:52pm On May 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

Funkydiva, tell us what happened exactly.
Did Tony Payne polish Ruggedy's knob or what?

my dear, dem talk say 9ice catch toni payne as she dey suck ruggedy lollipop. grin grin
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by Dotman01(m): 12:54pm On May 18, 2010
@sauron and funkybaby. . . . Lmao, lwkmd, lol
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by Sauron1: 12:55pm On May 18, 2010
funkybaby:

my dear, dem talk say 9ice catch toni payne  as she dey suck ruggedy lollipop.  grin grin

That can't be TRUE.
I don't think Ruggedman can sink so low to do that to his friend, 9ice.

Anyways, where have you been?
U forgot to drop your email for the aso-ebi. wink
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by funkybaby(f): 12:58pm On May 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

That can't be TRUE.
I don't think Ruggedman can sink so low to do that to his friend, 9ice.

my exact thoughts.
and i do not think toni payne will be that foolish either. pricks yapa for US where she's based  grin

~Sauron~:

Anyways, where have you been?
U forgot to drop your email for the aso-ebi. wink

I dey kampe. You?
Which aso-ebi is this one oh?
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by spikedcylinder: 1:02pm On May 18, 2010
This has got to be the most over flogged issue of 2010.
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by funkybaby(f): 1:05pm On May 18, 2010
spikedcylinder:

This has got to be the most over flogged issue of 2010.

how's it over flogged? the so-called taped phone conversation was only 'leaked' last week.
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by Sauron1: 1:07pm On May 18, 2010
funkybaby:

my exact thoughts.
and i do not think toni payne will be that foolish either. pricks yapa for US where she's based  grin

9ice was just looking for someone to blame ni jor
For all you know, maybe it was 9ice that cheated sef and quickly tried to turn it on Tony Payne.

I dey kampe. You?
Which aso-ebi is this one oh?  

Our aso-ebi na.
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by spikedcylinder: 1:09pm On May 18, 2010
funkybaby:

how's it over flogged? the so-called taped phone conversation was only 'leaked' last week.

They should get their divorce and get a move on. The number of 'why they broke up' topics are alarming.
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by funkybaby(f): 1:19pm On May 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

9ice was just looking for someone to blame ni jor
For all you know, maybe it was 9ice that cheated sef and quickly tried to turn it on Tony Payne.

Very possible.

~Sauron~:

Our aso-ebi na.

Oh that  grin
You are dragging on for too long.

I just heard from unconfirmed sources that Ijebu boi will be going with an entourage led by the Awujale of Ijebuland to see Baba funke in the next couple of days  grin grin

So you had better restrategize  grin
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by rhymz(m): 1:20pm On May 18, 2010
Ordinarily, Ruggedy need not worry but when one puts one and two together U need no soothsayer to tell U who 9ice was talking about. . .and to even think that he had it all planned out by putting in a song and making it the selling pointing of his latest LP tells a lot about the way he values friendship and marriage. All the while U know she is a bitch, she has probably dated every1 in the industry, U didn't mind, perhaps becoz she was the sole sponsor of Ur career at that time; that to me sounds like a schemer to me. 9ice of course has insecurity problem and from the phone conversation, he sounds like a man who is acting up all friendly with a person he abhors. . Ruggedy is in the right with his action, if 9ice is actually not refering to him then let him use thesame time it took him to sit to compose the song and even announce his break-up-scheming bastard-just when he was abt to drop his akala music album, he sure knows how to creat buzz at other ppl's expense. . Ruggedy is an artist just like him, keeping mum might affect his own album too. . If he is sure he was not referring to Rugged, let him come out and clarify coz as it is, Rugged is the one taking the heat not 9ice. . Accusing sb of infidelity with someone else's wife is not a matter to be handled with kid-gloves. . .let him come out and stop making otherz look bad all becoz he wants to sell records or does he want to start playing riddles with other ppl's career and life . .
Re: Why 9ice's Marriage To Tony Payne Broke Down by funkybaby(f): 1:24pm On May 18, 2010
chemali:

spot on !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Artiste, Kylez, Dazzles In New Photoshoot! (PICS) / Davido Shows His Living Room / How Much Does Dbanj Earn Per Week. Is It Up To 20 Million Naira Per Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.