Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,710 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (93068 Views)

Memoirs From Chile / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by kalu61(m): 9:20am On May 08, 2018
philip0906:

My friend, you never see life. You are just a young man with imaginary fantasies in his head. I will double 4 million naira bla bla bla...Men wey get empires dey retrench staff, companies with millions/billions in value are shutting down you are shouting upandan. Even the ones wey still dey survive, get solid plan B because e no sure for them- Dangote, Forte Oil e.t.c How much have you ever doubled? I mean tangible dough? If you don ever double, you for just dey double dey go na till you hammer or till your doubling reach the 4Milla na. You still dey use style dey find 4 milla to double-Nonsense! How much have you touched? I mean real money? You just dey yarn many many for this thread like say you don see life. Have you ever entered a plane and gone outside the shores of Nigeria but you are attacking people who have seen both sides of the coin. Even we wey don enter ordinary southy, no say difference dey.

You dey form inventor: "top secret". Yeye! youthfull exuberance dey do you. E go soon clear
Stop being a kid. Did you read about a 22 years old who turn nothing to 3mula up there. Age is just a number indeed
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by kalu61(m): 9:25am On May 08, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

That mindset is very dangerous. You need to plan my man.
like l will pick up my bag, book a flight and land in Dubai. I dikwa risky
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by obonujoker(m): 10:52am On May 08, 2018
kalu61:
Don't have you time. I have lectures by 10. Just find a life. That's all I can tell you. You have never made any positive advice on this forum. Just talking thrash all the time. May be you thought monies are picked on the street outside the shores that was why may be you thought a flight would solve your problems. I know millions of youths are creative and if given the level playing ground will never think of going offshore
with 4m. That was my stand on this trend not down playing the achievement of the dude but don't forgettg that out of every ten persons that leaves Nigeria only one survive with something to show for it. Go through my history you will discover am real, bearing my igbotic name. l haven't accomplish anything yet, yes because somebody gave his hubby 40m Porsche and am not 2% close to that.

Lol... lectures this guy na small guy sha... u never see life... bro I told you earlier, if you have the opportunity, you better leave, and make yourself better, and come back home later if you wish... you need to expand your horizon....

12 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by philip0906(m): 11:14am On May 08, 2018
obonujoker:

Lol... lectures this guy na small guy sha... u never see life... bro I told you earlier, if you have the opportunity, you better leave, and make yourself better, and come back home later if you wish... you need to expand your horizon....
Lol...Like I just dey laugh since cheesy. I can imagine how small his world is. He wants to even change the world with N4 million naira grin grin.

14 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by obonujoker(m): 11:18am On May 08, 2018
philip0906:

Lol...Like I just dey laugh since grin grin.

Lol....I don't think he knows what he is saying... if he realizes that 4m is like 4k, he would have said otherwise....

Funny thing is most of us were like him when younger....

15 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by philip0906(m): 11:39am On May 08, 2018
obonujoker:

Lol....I don't think he knows what he is saying... if he realizes that 4m is like 4k, he would have said otherwise....

I tell you. Few years back, straight out of school I raised similar amount from investors in the tech space. The reality of doing business in Nigeria, soon hit me as my euphoria soon turned into angst as my forecasts and projections became a mirage. The money soon evaporated into paying salaries, recurrent expenditure and the wobbling naira soon nailed the business.

It's a jungle out here. I regret not taking the leap years back, especially the almost 3.9 milla spent getting a Bsc at a foremost private uni (money wey I for use bail grin). I am ok here in Nigeria, but I want to secure my kids future, want to see some sanity for once.I have been privileged to visit south africa and can see how a system works-good roads,24 hours electricity. Imagine what it would look like in a first world country. I will most definitely make the move at the right time, just bidding my time.

18 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by obonujoker(m): 12:19pm On May 08, 2018
philip0906:

I tell you. Few years back, straight out of school I raised similar amount from investors in the tech space. The reality of doing business in Nigeria, soon hit me as my euphoria soon turned into angst as my forecasts and projections became a mirage. The money soon evaporated into paying salaries, recurrent expenditure and the wobbling naira soon nailed the business.

It's a jungle out here. I regret not taking the leap years back, especially the almost 3.9 milla spent getting a Bsc at a foremost private uni (money wey I for use bail grin). I am ok here in Nigeria, but I want to secure my kids future, want to see some sanity for once.I have been privileged to visit south africa and can see how a system works-good roads,24 hours electricity. Imagine what it would look like in a first world country. I will most definitely make the move at the right time, just bidding my time.

[quote author=philip0906 post=67380194]

I dey tells you bro... I also went to a private uni too at Edo state... grin... I had the opportunity to go before and after, I was like no no, Nigeria will be better, even as an engineer, I had to drop to become a technician started my own HVAC maintenance, buh roadside engineers no let person chop....

I'm bidding my time too, after I do engagement with my wife, I'm off o... don't care anymore....

11 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by philip0906(m): 12:52pm On May 08, 2018
obonujoker:

Lol...No time brotherly. Nigeria is a jungle. Anyone who has the means to leave, I'll advice such person not to think twice. You fit still come back naija when you don achieve for up town and build base for there. But leave first...

Look at our political space and the ruling class; a good number of our leaders have that "Foreign touch". From our ministers (take a look at their cvs)to a great number of the governors to even Buhari grin. Many of them schooled uptown, hustled and made money up town, have their kids born and bred uptown and still have links uptown.

Look at the great captains of Industry; From Adenuga, to Elumelu and a host of top CEOS. They either schooled and worked uptown and brought in forex and expertise when they were made there. They ALL still have solid links uptown.

Look at the Techspace and the biggest performers ; From Konga, paga jumia,Irokotv,Hotels.ng, Paystack etc. Their founders ALL have that foreign touch. They were either born abroad, have dual citizenship, schooled abroad or hustled abroad. So even if their ventures fold, they have what and where to fall back on.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by obonujoker(m): 12:55pm On May 08, 2018
philip0906:

Lol...No time brotherly. Nigeria is a jungle. Anyone who has the means to leave, I'll advice such person not to think twice. You fit still come back naija when you don achieve for up town and build base for there. But leave first...

Look at our political space and the ruling class; a good number of our leaders have that "Foreign touch". From our ministers (take a look at their cvs)to a great number of the governors to even Buhari grin. Many of them schooled uptown, hustled and made money up town, have their kids born and bred uptown and still have links uptown.
Look at the great captains of Industry; From Adenuga, to Elumelu and a host of top CEOS. They either schooled and worked uptown and brought in forex and expertise when they were made there. They ALL still have solid links uptown.
Look at the Techspace and the biggest performers ; From Konga, paga jumia,Irokotv,Hotels.ng, Paystack etc. Their founders ALL have that foreign touch. They were either born abroad, have dual citizenship, schooled abroad or hustled abroad. So even if their ventures fold, they have what and where to fall back on.

You are very right o... under a small minded person will think otherwise, well some pple don't think big though, they believe wen dey collect 1k from repairing mobile phones , its enuf for them....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by kalu61(m): 1:19pm On May 08, 2018
obonujoker:

hahaha, l told you I don't need to do that. What you see is different from what I see. Business opportunities too much bro. if you have or can access one I can bail you out with idea but you know one thing about passion. If you want to succeed, you see that only one good reason amidst thousands bad one but if one is not, one sees that only one bad reason amidst a thousand good one, how he/she wouldn't succeed. Let me give you one example. Last year may I discover an opportunity here in nairaland. Guess what? Picking and selling of used cartons. I told one of my friends to venture into the business while l supported it with little finance(50k) for transport as well as provided a space for storage of the carton. Though a graduate, he was into in because l was busy managing by brothers site. Guess what? In 3 months time we got 700kg of carton, some from near by sites myself.
The good news is that we sold the cartons to a middle man(got his contact from online research myself) who said he works for a tissue paper company in Ogun axis. How much was it. 1.2m including transportation from East to west. I later discovered that a tone of it goes for 2.5m. I'm currently looking as the real estate sector now. When there is the will, the heart achieves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by kalu61(m): 1:47pm On May 08, 2018
obonujoker:

one thing is sure, if you have 4m in your account now, you wouldn't make this statement. Even if your are given 10m it will look like 10k in your hands. That clearly shows your level of creativity. l mean know insult pls

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by kalu61(m): 1:54pm On May 08, 2018
philip0906:

Lol...Like I just dey laugh since cheesy. I can imagine how small his world is. He wants to even change the world with N4 million naira grin grin.
Changing the world starts with nothing. It starts from the heart.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 6:11pm On May 08, 2018
I can't count the number of times I have rolled my eyes, laughed, smiled and left my mouth open with surprise after reading a lot on this thread so far. It's been an eye opener.

This is why during visa interviews, they sometimes ask if the applicant has ever traveled out of the country and ask where. Blind patriotism will be out the window once a first-timer walks out of JFK airport in Newyork and sees the difference between a developed country and where they are coming from lol.

Despite being here for what seems like ages now, I still visit some parts of the country and get wowed like a first timer. Nigerians complain about paying taxes abroad, they never talk about what the tax payers' money have done to the level of development (infrastructure) or that at the start of the year, people get back some of their taxes to do whatever they want. I got $9k as my tax return in March.

When you hear "Million", you think it's a fortune lol. Well, I hope people's dreams come true and they survive wherever they choose to be. I'm glad fate smiled upon me and sent me here and made all my dreams come true. It remains the best thing to happen to me. God bless America. smiley

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by obonujoker(m): 7:50am On May 09, 2018
kalu61:
one thing is sure, if you have 4m in your account now, you wouldn't make this statement. Even if your are given 10m it will look like 10k in your hands. That clearly shows your level of creativity. l mean know insult pls

Lol... aanu mi lo shey e.... grin.... bro, I wish you well

6 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by peacengine(m): 8:45am On May 09, 2018
theamerican:
I can't count the number of times I have rolled my eyes, laughed, smiled and left my mouth open with surprise after reading a lot on this thread so far. It's been an eye opener.

This is why during visa interviews, they sometimes ask if the applicant has ever traveled out of the country and ask where. Blind patriotism will be out the window once a first-timer walks out of JFK airport in Newyork and sees the difference between a developed country and where they are coming from lol.

Despite being here for what seems like ages now, I still visit some parts of the country and get wowed like a first timer. Nigerians complain about paying taxes abroad, they never talk about what the tax payers' money have done to the level of development (infrastructure) or that at the start of the year, people get back some of their taxes to do whatever they want. I got $9k as my tax return in March.

When you hear "Million", you think it's a fortune lol. Well, I hope people's dreams come true and they survive wherever they choose to be. I'm glad fate smiled upon me and sent me here and made all my dreams come true. It remains the best thing to happen to me. God bless America. smiley

Baby, people travel abroad for vacation, they pass through JFK, Heathrow, still return to their jobs here.
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nig4Greatness: 10:20am On May 09, 2018
theamerican:

@OP, congratulations once again on your accomplishment so far but i asked few questions earlier which you ignored for whatever reason but i thought its just a normal thing for you to give a detail introduction of yourself so your audience,at least those you are trying to reach can see something to run with.i indicated my intention to comment where necessary as well.
That being said,i ask people what SUCCESS means to them,am sure it means different things depending on their situations and to an average white american,the word AMERICAN DREAM means different thing to them as it does an immigrant especially coming from Africa as I noticed the phrase has been thoroughly abused and used out of context.
to the OP, i understand how excited you are by achieving that dream of being an america citizen and you cant wait to share it to those that care to listen but hey,when you try to advise or encourage people to abandon their (God forsaken)home country and move to a foreign land without giving a clear cut pathways on how to accomplish that decision is unfair,at least the tread you created i assume is to be for that purpose.
to rest your curiosity,i am an AMERICAN by all standard and also a full bloodied Nigerian and my loyalty is to my home country and as well to my my adopted country.i own businesses in both countries so i can relate very well on any subject matters.
you see,you cant compare the US with Nigeria because they didn't start the same time,US is over 240yrs in existence whereas Nigeria is just less than 60yrs, forget the issue of corruption,there is corruption in every system but american citizens stayed and sacrificed a lot for their country,the place every one is dreaming to be now.please get to the library close to you and rent or watch these documentaries/movies may be it makes some meaning to you (1.the war that made america,2.who we are as an Americans,3.Obama america)(they are US govt properties).If we put half of efforts we put in here in our home country,Nigeria would have been a better place.
No matter what you become,you are still a second class citizen way different from what you are called in your home country.once again,lets engage on this issue and some others as this will educate and encourage your audience in their decision making.
@bolded, are you married with kids and what kind of job you do that would offer you that much in refunds?,you see these stuffs are things your audience need to know,taking them through the process and not just the result.as far as i know,government receive more in tax refund that they pay out.so don't think its just a simple Christmas largesse.

P.S i sent you a pm so as to caution(as i noticed you are still new on the forum) the kind of figures you throw around,there are american citizens on this forum,US government officials and even IRS operatives,so you know.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Ugosample(m): 10:41am On May 09, 2018
Nig4Greatness:

@OP, congratulations once again on your accomplishment so far but i asked few questions earlier which you ignored for whatever reason but i thought its just a normal thing for you to give a detail introduction of yourself so your audience,at least those you are trying to reach can see something to run with.i indicated my intention to comment where necessary as well.
That being said,i ask people what SUCCESS means to them,am sure it means different things depending on their situations and to an average white american,the word AMERICAN DREAM means different thing to them as it does an immigrant especially coming from Africa.
to the OP, i understand how excited you are by achieving that dream of being an america citizen and you cant wait to share it to those that care to listen but hey,when you try to advise or encourage people to abandon their (God forsaken)home country and move to a foreign land without giving a clear cut pathways on how to accomplish that decision is unfair,at least the tread you created i assume is to be for that purpose.
to rest your curiosity,i am an AMERICAN by all standard and also a full bloodied Nigerian and my loyalty is to my home country and as well to my my adopted country.i own businesses in both countries so i can relate very well on any subject matters.
you see,you cant compare the US with Nigeria because they didn't start the same time,US is over 240yrs in existence whereas Nigeria is just less than 60yrs, forget the issue of corruption,there is corruption in every system but american citizens stayed and sacrificed a lot for their country,the place every one is dreaming to be now.please get to the library close to you and rent or watch these documentaries/movies may be it makes some meaning to you (1.the war that made america,2.who we are as an Americans,3.Obama america)(they are US govt properties).If we put half of efforts we put in here in our home country,Nigeria would have been a better place.
No matter what you become,you are still a second class citizen way different from what you are called in your home country.once again,lets engage on this issue and some others as this will educate and encourage your audience in their decision making.
@bolded, are you married with kids and what kind of job you do that would offer you that much in refunds?,you see these stuffs are things your audience need to know,taking them through the process and not just the result.as far as i know,government receive more in tax refund that they pay out.so don't think its just a simple Christmas largesse.

P.S i sent you a pm so as to caution(as i noticed you are still new on the forum) the kind of figures you throw around,there are american citizens on this forum,US government officials and even IRS operatives,so you know.

When I hear stuff like second class citizen, I just laugh

Except you are among the political or business elite in Nigeria, you are a second class Nigerian citizen in Nigeria.

Cross their path, and your eye go clear.

The most important tho is to find fulfilment in Life, because one day you will die.

Nigeria is not ready for development, as much of the population still have tgeur mentality stuck in the stone age, And there is a price for development, a price must Nigerians are not willing to pay.

As for me o, th six months in Nigeria and six months outside that I have designed for myself suits me.
overtime it will be 3 months Nigeria anf 9 months outside

ultimately, when the stuff im working on is complete, i don move completely be that.

Those in Nigeriashould develop Nigeria, I'm okwith my second class status cheesy grin

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nig4Greatness: 10:56am On May 09, 2018
Ugosample:

Except you are among the political or business elite in Nigeria, you are a second class Nigerian citizen in Nigeria.

The most important tho is to find fulfilment in Life, because one day you will die.

Nigeria is not ready for development, as much of the population still have tgeur mentality stuck in the stone age, And there is a price for development, a price must Nigerians are not willing to pay.

As for me o, th six months in Nigeria and six months outside that I have designed for myself suits me.

ultimately, when the stuff im working on is complete, i don move completely be that.

Those in Nigeriashould develop Nigeria, I'm okwith my second class status cheesy grin
My brother,been a second class citizen is easy on paper but tough in practice and accepting such status now depends on your purpose in life as you rightly mentioned.
Talking about Nigeria,if you think the country is underdeveloped,please who is to blame.....the citizens or the leaders ??.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by peacengine(m): 11:02am On May 09, 2018
Ugosample:

Bro, after you run come back for visit and blame Northerners for taking over
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by philip0906(m): 11:03am On May 09, 2018
Nig4Greatness:

you cant compare the US with Nigeria because they didn't start the same time,US is over 240yrs in existence whereas Nigeria is just less than 60yrs,

Oh please! Same tale our corrupt elite hawk around. When did China' rise to industrial, economic, political dominance begin? We were faring better than them in the 70s.
When did the UAE begin building the Dubai, Abu Dhabi and other emirate cities that have become the wonder of the world architecture,infrastructure and economic wise? Nigeria was faring better than the UAE in all indexes in the 70s.

forget the issue of corruption,there is corruption in every system but american citizens stayed and sacrificed a lot for their country,the place every one is dreaming to be now.please get to the library close to you and rent or watch these documentaries/movies may be it makes some meaning to you (1.the war that made america,2.who we are as an Americans,3.Obama america)(they are US govt properties).If we put half of efforts we put in here in our home country,Nigeria would have been a better place.
Lol...but at least you were smart to have gotten the Green card FIRST. Let those that want to go get the green card just like you did, then we'll all come back together and build Nigeria.

No matter what you become,you are still a second class citizen way different from what you are called in your home country
Na so. Second class citizen indeed. We hear that alot. Here in Nigeria, first class citizens are being owed salaries months on months, herdsmen are chasing and killing, SARS and police are shooting young boys, Men in the armed forces are shooting boys protesting in the east aside the innocent civilians already been beaten on an almost daily basis...I can go on and on

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Ugosample(m): 11:03am On May 09, 2018
Nig4Greatness:
My brother,been a second class citizen is easy on paper but tough in practice and accepting such status now depends on your purpose in life as you rightly mentioned.
Talking about Nigeria,if you think the country is underdeveloped,please who is to blame.....the citizens or the leaders ??.

The leaders are also citizens, so my answer is the citizens.

Living in other countries (two poorer than Nigeria tho) over the ladt few years have made me see Nigeria somehow undecided
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Ugosample(m): 11:05am On May 09, 2018
peacengine:

Bro, after you run come back for visit and blame Northerners for taking over
lol

wetin man go do na
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Ugosample(m): 11:11am On May 09, 2018
philip0906:

Oh please! Same tale our corrupt elite hawk around. When did China' rise to industrial, economic, political dominance begin? We were faring better than them in the 70s.
When did the UAE begin building the Dubai, Abu Dhabi and other emirate cities that have become the wonder of the world architecture,infrastructure and economic wise? Nigeria was faring better than the UAE in all indexes in the 70s.

Lol...but at least you were smart to have gotten the Green card. Let those that want to go get the green card just like you did, then we'll all come back together and build Nigeria.

Na so. Second class citizen indeed. We hear that alot. Here in Nigeria, first class citizens are being owed salaries months on months, herdsmen are chasing and killing, SARS and police are shooting young boys, Men in the armed forces are shooting boys protesting in the east aside the innocent civilians already been beaten on an almost daily basis...I can go on and on

Those at the lower rung of the ladder in Nigeria are even third class citizens, then those who are fooling themselves saying that they are "middle class" are the second class citizens.

the "first class citizens are the business and political elite, and those close to them.

Is it not Nigeria that I grew up in again?

7 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nig4Greatness: 11:30am On May 09, 2018
philip0906:

Lol...but at least you were smart to have gotten the Green card FIRST. Let those that want to go get the green card just like you did, then we'll all come back together and build Nigeria.

Point of correction....I never discouraged people from leaving but the question is for what purpose??...because the country is bad??...hell no,its because we don't want to play by the rules.every country pass through a transition and I was glad you mentioned china.go and read China rise to freedom and learn more if we are never closer to what they did.
Yeah the advantage I got from.being an American is the freedom I get to travel anywhere in the world period.I run same business in nigeria and United States and I make bold to say I make more money in Nigeria than I do in the US.
Let me share this,every time I file my tax returns in nigeria,those Irs guys will ask me to manipulate the figures and tip them.so they can wipe it off for me in their system.....and many more like that....and you want the country to progress??.hear this sgain,the operating budget of Nigerian with close to 200million in population with less than 40% implementation is N8T (about $25b) which is less than that of poor state of Georgia with just 10million in population and you want rapid development??.a particular government introduced a mere land use charge and all hell broke loose and yet you want development??.this hypocrisy has to stop sooner.
My personal msg to the OP is not to castigate and run down her home country because her adopted country is doing better than the former.
The last time I check,there's are still places in the US without proper telephone and network services.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nig4Greatness: 11:32am On May 09, 2018
Ugosample:

Those at the power rung of the ladder in Nigeria are even third class citizens, then those who are fooling themselves saying that they are "middle class" are the second class citizens.

the "first class citizens are the business and political elite, and those close to them.

Is it not Nigeria that I grew up in again?
If.you feel so,that's how other citizens in other countries feel.so.too.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by philip0906(m): 11:58am On May 09, 2018
Nig4Greatness:
Point of correction....I never discouraged people from leaving but the question is for what purpose??...because the country is bad??...hell no,its because we don't want to play by the rules.every country pass through a transition and I was glad you mentioned china.go and read China rise to freedom and learn more if we are never closer to what they did.
Yeah the advantage I got from.being an American is the freedom I get to travel anywhere in the world period.I run same business in nigeria and United States and I make bold to say I make more money in Nigeria than I do in the US.
Let me share this,every time I file my tax returns in nigeria,those Irs guys will ask me to manipulate the figures and tip them.so they can wipe it off for me in their system.....and many more like that....and you want the country to progress??.hear this sgain,the operating budget of Nigerian with close to 200million in population with less than 40% implementation is N8T (about $25b) which is less than that of poor state of Georgia with just 10million in population and you want rapid development??.a particular government introduced a mere land use charge and all hell broke loose and yet you want development??.this hypocrisy has to stop sooner.
My personal msg to the OP is not to castigate and run down her home country because her adopted country is doing better than the former.
The last time I check,there's are still places in the US without proper telephone and network services.
Lol...You are indeed an American. You have lost touch with happenings here. Let me brief you

1. For donkey years, the elite have run ragged the treasury. They have looted at will, are still looting and will still loot. Billions and billions of dollars unaccounted for.
2. As a result of the above, the common man doesn't trust the political elite.Will you blame them for resisting a hike in land use charge? After working his butt off, he will now be charged monies that would only be looted back and you expect him to keep paying?
3. Every economists out there knows that for Nigeria to attain these lofty heights, more investment has to be made. The problem is, while the state of Georgia judiciously uses its monies, the sh.it hole called Nigeria misuses it's "little earnings" via looting,mismanagement and gross nepotism. Little wonder, 60 years after, Nigerians are still shouting UP NEPA. The country can barely generate 6000 megawatts.
4. Many well thinking Nigerians who have decided to effect change in their own little way, are frustrated by either the political structure they have no control and power over. They are frustrated by ethnic and tribal bigots. They are frustrated by religious extremists whose allegiance is to their religion than the common good of Nigeria.
5. The reasons above are the exact reasons, why smart ones are bailing out.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 09, 2018
kalu61:
Stop being a kid. Did you read about a 22 years old who turn nothing to 3mula up there. Age is just a number indeed

Bros your a big nuisance. Kindly leave this thread and stick to your Nigeria. This is no debate thread. Walk out now and focus on your life

8 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Ugosample(m): 12:09pm On May 09, 2018
Nig4Greatness:

Nigeria no be better country

Full stop.

I get you are trying to be patriotic and all, but the truth is a truth

the op castigating the country is out of annoyance and frustration.

The level of ignorance I see in Nigeria is kind boggling undecided

4 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by peacengine(m): 12:12pm On May 09, 2018
Nig4Greatness:

I hail Chairman. Your boy is loyal, you make good points bro

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nig4Greatness: 1:46pm On May 09, 2018
philip0906:

Lol...You are indeed an American. You have lost touch with happenings here. Let me brief you

1. For donkey years, the elite have run ragged the treasury. They have looted at will, are still looting and will still loot. Billions and billions of dollars unaccounted for.
2. As a result of the above, the common man doesn't trust the political elite.Will you blame them for resisting a hike in land use charge? After working his butt off, he will now be charged monies that would only be looted back and you expect him to keep paying?
3. Every economists out there knows that for Nigeria to attain these lofty heights, more investment has to be made. The problem is, while the state of Georgia judiciously uses its monies, the sh.it hole called Nigeria misuses it's "little earnings" via looting,mismanagement and gross nepotism. Little wonder, 60 years after, Nigerians are still shouting UP NEPA. The country can barely generate 6000 megawatts.
4. Many well thinking Nigerians who have decided to effect change in their own little way, are frustrated by either the political structure they have no control and power over. They are frustrated by ethnic and tribal bigots. They are frustrated by religious extremists whose allegiance is to their religion than the common good of Nigeria.
5. The reasons above are the exact reasons, why smart ones are bailing out.
Most of the things you wrote out there are happening in those countries you dream about,so no system is perfect and no Country can provide adequate quality life for her citizens....the type you seek.there are many poor Americans too.
Make no mistake about it,the smart ones are those making things happen in Nigeria while the desperate ones bailing out as you said are those crying for survival.
Meanwhile,I spent most of my time in Nigeria as am currently doing and know everything that goes around there.
Remain there and keep complaining while the country keep making millionaires by the day.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Sharonose: 2:06pm On May 09, 2018
Nig4Greatness:
Most of the things you wrote out there are happening in those countries you dream about,so no system is perfect and no Country can provide adequate quality life for her citizens....the type you seek.there are many poor Americans too.
Make no mistake about it,the smart ones are those making things happen in Nigeria while the desperate ones bailing out as you said are those crying for survival.
Meanwhile,I spent most of my time in Nigeria as am currently doing and know everything that goes around there.
Remain there and keep complaining while the country keep making millionaires by the day.
enough guys! Travel if u want or stay back...it's a small world,75years from now we are all gone...do Wat makes you happy and mind your business...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nig4Greatness: 2:08pm On May 09, 2018
Ugosample:

Nigeria no be better country

Full stop.

I get you are trying to be patriotic and all, but the truth is a truth

the op castigating the country is out of annoyance and frustration.

The level of ignorance I see in Nigeria is kind boggling undecided

The truth is the truth...sure but there's a saying in IT world like GIGO.....(garbage in garbage out).it's a simple natural law of success,whatever you sow you reap.
No Country can produce more than what her citizens sowed into it.when the country is bad,let's accept responsibility and work it right and stop blaming the leaders or elites who are also products of the same societies.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) / Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) / Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.