Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) (5432 Views)

Upsa- Ghana, West Africa's Prettiest Public University Campus / Five Reasons Why You Shouldn't Attend A Public University / Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 20, 2018
There's no power failure in this community.

The College of Medicine -cum-Lagos University Teaching Hospital, CMUL/LUTH, of the University of Lagos, has achieved a feat that could only be emulated by other institutions of learning in Nigeria.

The institution now generates electricity that could power her activities without power failure seven days a week, 365 days a year.

The University's Gas Plant could power the theatres, clinics, wards, residential quarters, student hostel, lecture/seminar rooms, etc without any hitch. There's no more fear of power failure in key places like the Theatres, Intensive Care Units, Labour wards, etc.

In fact, the campus is completely off NEPA.

The students leave electricity supply in the hostel while going for their daily activities around 8 or 9am in the morning, and meet light when they come back around 5pm in the evening. All through the night and weekend, "power does not blink!"

This has further set the celebrated College of Medicine of the prestigious University of Lagos far above her peers.
Kudos to the management!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 20, 2018
lovely if it is true
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 20, 2018
Water flows freely in the toilets and bath.
The environment is bright night and day.

3 Likes

Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by obi4eze(m): 1:21pm On Apr 20, 2018
Lagos is just a country on its own

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 20, 2018
this is a big fat lie. one of them is this. we leave the hostel by 8/9 at which time light goes off. it returns around 4/5 when some are just returning but a lot are already in the hostel. some say it's better than phcn, others prefer phcn. once in a while though it is left for 24 hours maybe once in two weeks...

15 Likes

Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by dan9ice(m): 1:51pm On Apr 20, 2018
This no suppose to be news na... Other country are doing it why here is like a magic.. Buhari angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by babyfaceafrica: 1:55pm On Apr 20, 2018
So we should fry beans?
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by davbravo(m): 2:10pm On Apr 20, 2018
Partially true though....The power supply in CMUL/LUTH is now 24/7 but they usually cutoff power supply to the hostel btw 9/10am and 4/5pm from Mon-Fri so has to channel more power to the hospital during these active period. Besides most students will be in class during this period , so it's not much of a big deal....

2 Likes

Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 20, 2018
Interesting!
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by toideve(m): 3:12pm On Apr 20, 2018
DeHEIGHTS:
There's no power failure in this community.

The College of Medicine -cum-Lagos University Teaching Hospital, CMUL/LUTH, of the University of Lagos, has achieved a feat that could only be emulated by other institutions of learning in Nigeria.

The institution now generates electricity that could power her activities without power failure seven days a week, 365 days a year.

The University's Gas Plant could power the theatres, clinics, wards, residential quarters, student hostel, lecture/seminar rooms, etc without any hitch. There's no more fear of power failure in key places like the Theatres, Intensive Care Units, Labour wards, etc.

In fact, the campus is completely off NEPA.

The students leave electricity supply in the hostel while going for their daily activities around 8 or 9am in the morning, and meet light when they come back around 5pm in the evening. All through the night and weekend, "power does not blink!"

This has further set the celebrated College of Medicine of the prestigious University of Lagos far above her peers.
Kudos to the management!

Electricity is 24hrs a day in PTI

2 Likes

Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 20, 2018
OneSentence:
this is a big fat lie. one of them is this. we lease the hostel by 8/9 at which time light goes off. it returns around 4/5 when some are just returning but a lot are already in the hostel. some say it's better than phcn, others prefer phcn. once in a while though it is left for 24 hours maybe once in two weeks...

I cannot make any sense from what you posted here.

Do you understand English Language at all? Go through your contribution again.

You "lease the Hostel" to who, under what capacity? Guess you're either a potter, or something in the system.

From what I can pick from the post, the OP implies:

CMUL/LUTH of UNILAG:
1. Generates her electricity via Gas Plant, and effectively cut-off NEPA.
2. Key places like the theatres, ICU, Labor wards, etc enjoys 24/7 light, as there's no power failure.
3. Hostels have light all night till 8/9am, & from 5pm till d following 8/9am daily.
4. There's light in the hostels on weekends all through
5. The electricity can power all the institution's activities.
6. Taps and showers runs always in bathrooms and toilets.
7. Enter LUTH 24/7 you would see light, especially in key places.

Which of the above is a lie? Tell the world. And show us the evidence that the hostels have been leased by you.

Learn to appreciate something positive, no matter how small, if indeed you're a member of the community.

If we have that amount of electricity in every part of our nation, I am sure Nigeria would be a better place. So, learn to appreciate something good.

Thumb up to UNILAG, my alma mater!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 20, 2018
Ornament2003:

You "lease the Hostel" to who, under what capacity? Guess you're either a potter, or something in the system.

CMUL/LUTH of UNILAG:
2. Key places like the theatres, ICU, Labor wards, etc enjoys 24/7 light, as there's no power failure.
3. Hostels have light all night till 8/9am, & from 5pm till d following 8/9am daily.

Which of the above is a lie? Tell the world. And show us the evidence that the hostels have been leased by you.

Learn to appreciate something positive, no matter how small, if indeed you're a member of the community.

If we have that amount of electricity in every part of our nation, I am sure Nigeria would be a better place. So, learn to appreciate something good.

I actually meant to type 'leave' and not lease. all u have said is true now as opposed to what was first put up. remember that the students are the ones who majorly stay in school 24 hrs so from my point of view it's not 24 hours. sorry for the error. though u might need to think outside the box when reading posts on NL. not all will come with the kind kind of English you expect and besides just one word shouldn't be enough to make make whole post senseless.

2 Likes

Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 20, 2018
Ornament2003:

CMUL/LUTH of UNILAG:

no. 6 is definitely a lie...

that said. I believe the situation will improve with time
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Advans(m): 4:53pm On Apr 20, 2018
What is the big deal here? They use dia IGR to burn fuel using d popular expensive technology. They shd lead by providing renewable energy sources like solar, nuclear....
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by hardbody: 5:14pm On Apr 20, 2018
Ornament2003:

CMUL/LUTH of UNILAG:

UNILAG generally, but this post is specifically about LUTH....

1 Like

Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Samuelkirk(m): 6:11pm On Apr 20, 2018
quite true wink
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2018
OneSentence:

no. 6 is definitely a lie...

that said. I believe the situation will improve with time

If Number 6 is the only one you think it's a lie, that means the OP has just said the obvious truth.
And it may be that you students are not putting pressure on the potters. If there's electricity for that length of time per day, what stops them from pumping water? In our days, we put the potters on their toes. If you guys are not on their neck, then it's your fault.
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by mjames: 11:27pm On Apr 20, 2018
Good news
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by laribari(m): 11:48pm On Apr 20, 2018
The shower and tap dey use light too?
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Chubhie: 1:01am On Apr 21, 2018
I was once configured to perpetually believe that constant electricity was expensive and impossible to achieve in Nigeria...

I look back in hindsight and marvel at the level of unserious people called leaders we have. Then, it hit me that a people deserves the leaders they get.

This should be improved upon and replicated by other institutions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by rusher14: 2:10am On Apr 21, 2018
Advans:
What is the big deal here? They use dia IGR to burn fuel using d popular expensive technology. They shd lead by providing renewable energy sources like solar, nuclear....

Which one you don do before?

angry
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by modik(m): 3:01am On Apr 21, 2018
Chubhie:
I was once configured to perpetually believe that constant electricity was expensive and impossible to achieve in Nigeria...

I look back in hindsight and marvel at the level of unserious people called leaders we have. Then, it hit me that a people deserves the leaders they get.

This should be improved upon and replicated by other institutions.

Those leaders who, for the greater part of their lives, got every thing for free, without providing anything are the ones looking for who to blame for their ineptitude.

Uninterrupted power supply is not a rocket science.... Ask power minister.
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Nobody: 3:47am On Apr 21, 2018
laribari:
The shower and tap dey use light too?

Yes now.
You need electricity to pump water na.

Abi how una dey pump water for una side?
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Nobody: 3:49am On Apr 21, 2018
toideve:

Electricity is 24hrs a day in PTI

What's PTI?
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by laribari(m): 7:13am On Apr 21, 2018
DeHEIGHTS:

Yes now.
You need electricity to pump water na.

Abi how una dey pump water for una side?

Even with generator you can pump water naa! For uniben in those days, dem dey pump water for us with generator morinng and evening. So you won't really feel it when. Generator can give you electricity too. Your other examples are spot on but the water is not really a strong example. Without phcn, you can still have water for almost 24hrs if you pump for morning and evening into the campus tanks and reservoir. Even without light, water dey run.
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by AlhajiAbdul: 7:44am On Apr 21, 2018
A lot of uneducated folks in this country
How can a gas plant generate electricity ?
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Elouise: 8:51am On Apr 21, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 21, 2018
AlhajiAbdul:
A lot of uneducated folks in this country
How can a gas plant generate electricity ?

Alhaji wetin, park well.
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 21, 2018
laribari:

Even with generator you can pump water naa! For uniben in those days, dem dey pump water for us with generator morinng and evening. So you won't really feel it when. Generator can give you electricity too. Your other examples are spot on but the water is not really a strong example. Without phcn, you can still have water for almost 24hrs if you pump for morning and evening into the campus tanks and reservoir. Even without light, water dey run.

MEDILAG was also using generators before, but now it has stepped up.
And that's the improvement we are talking about. No noise, and long hours of electricity supply.
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by AlhajiAbdul: 9:30am On Apr 21, 2018
DeHEIGHTS:

Alhaji wetin, park well.

Young man, a gas plant cannot generate electricity
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Badb0y4lyf(m): 9:42am On Apr 21, 2018
Lol school in the north Zaria don’t have a power station but nepa gives light 24/7

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Owo, Ondo-state. 2009/2010 Admission. / Unilag Diploma/foundation Programme Admission 2013/2014 / Breaking News:fut Minna Release Supplementary List.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.