Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,686 members, 7,840,692 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves (18110 Views)

Fcmb Or FINA TRUST Microfinancebank / See How Lagos Women Seeking For Job From SURE-P Turn To Sex Slaves / The Plight Of AIT/RAYPOWER STAFFS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by dammytosh: 2:16pm On May 18, 2010
harakiri:

If i called you a blind-arrogant-dummy, it would be an understatement. If it was a cleaner or driver that was earning N25k a month, that would be understood but we are talking about OND,HND and B.sc holders earning salaries that are not even enough to get them decent clothes not to talk of paying transport, phone bills etc. These people are given huge tasks with little or no tools to work with. This is not a matter of whipped up sentiments.

That is where your Ignorance comes in. Let me educate you on how these things play.

That type of job is meant for OND and the steal is the commision you collect from the deposits you bring in (I heard of somebody who collected 3million. i have no idea of what percentage the commision is).

Some graduates, do beg to get all this job and later they come out to complain . All these things are clearly written on the offer letter.(And the truth we are shying away from is the fact that you can walk away any time)

He never mentioned that there is any commision attached to this.

So @Kirikiri. Open you brain and read posts with unbiased mind.

Not everybody with a good job, big cars, nd high position got it because of cheating as your poverty stricken Nigerian Mentality is pushing you to assume

G-reycells:

Interesting. I know someone who was hired by FCMB to do same. Today he is a full staff, earning good quid monthly.

He did that for 6 months and cos he met his targets, he was converted to full staff.

Tell them again !

During this recession, almost all the banks have done mass retrenchment but from the information at my disposal, FCMB has not. so why the attack on FCMB as if ,
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by harakiri(m): 2:30pm On May 18, 2010
dammytosh:

That is where your Ignorance comes in. Let me educate you on how these things play.

That type of job is meant for OND and the steal is the commision you collect from the deposits you bring in (I heard of somebody who collected 3million. i have no idea of what percentage the commision is).

Some graduates, do beg to get all this job and later they come out to complain . All these things are clearly written on the offer letter.(And the truth we are shying away from is the fact that you can walk away any time)

He never mentioned that there is any commision attached to this.

So @Kirikiri. Open you brain and read posts with unbiased mind.

Not everybody with a good job, big cars, nd high position got it because of cheating as your poverty stricken Nigerian Mentality is pushing you to assume

Tell them again !

During this recession, almost all the banks have done mass retrenchment but from the information at my disposal, FCMB has not. so why the attack on FCMB as if , 

@dummytosh

From the "logic" you've been advertising, the fact that everything was written on paper makes it "right". . .right? Also, the fact that you might be more fortunate than others is due to the 2.1 you had from school (which no one else in the country has) means they laid their own beds? Right? It's in your previous posts.You're level of reasoning is beyond pathetic.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by iyatrustee(f): 2:35pm On May 18, 2010
i
dammytosh:

Some graduates, do beg to get all this job and later they come out to complain . All these things are clearly written on the offer letter.(And the truth we are shying away from is the fact that you can walk away any time

but how man go do? what is good for the goose is good for the gander
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by afrobaby(f): 2:43pm On May 18, 2010
This topic is really pathetic and it is not new in the country
@poster, I want you to understand that there are three categories of people responding to ur post
[list]
[li] Those that are not employed: They are thinking in their mind that , what is wrong with this guy, he has one that is already fetching him money and yet he is complaining, let him leave the job jare so I can get the job, forgetting the fact that , the cane that was used to flog the first wife is just under the bed to flog the new wife[/li]
[li] Those that earn more than #100000 per month: They feel too big and doesnt want anybody to be as rich as they are, they only want to be the rich guys and nothing moe, whatever u think, go to hell, we own the town, we are the big people[/li]
[li] Those that earn the same amount or similar to the one u are earning: The fact is,these people are wicked,, they shud not go unpurnished[li]
[/list]

But lets be real, I first got a job for #25,000 at sunplast but refused it, why , cos I have sisters and brothers taking care of my needs, not all of us have that opportunity to be financed by siblings, so if u are saying he shud resign, first think of reasons he took the job

BEFORE U WRITE ANYTHING AGAIN, PUT URSELF IN THE POSTER'S SHOE AND ASK URSELF, WILL I BE HAPPY IF AM THE POSTER
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by ud4u: 2:49pm On May 18, 2010
Is pathetic, the problem here is that even if some people decline to take the job, many will clamour for it because they are hungry. OOhhh Nigeria!!! the gaint of Africa!!!!!!!!!!, I weep for you cry cry cry
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 18, 2010
harakiri:

I've come across all sorts of  callous talk on this forum but this one tops the charts. I know your type of people. . .your types are the ones who had all their exams written for them from secondary school to university, year one to final year is settlement or "sorting" of lecturers.Having paid your way through, you feel you own your "achievement" and look down on others.People like you who may be fortunate to have good jobs are only there because of the people you know and not because of the peanut sized brain in that over sized head of yours.It's people like you that grill workers unnecessarily just to make yourselves "relevant".People lose their jobs daily because of self righteous bullies like yourself.I know your type. . .they come a dime a dozen.Someday, you will fall and when you fall, i'll see if you still have this "moral upstanding" going for you.

@NL in general

I didn't want to comment but this posters arrogance is really irritating.

Amen
The a$$ taster probably got a 2-1 by cramming books without necessarily understanding $**t. Cramm and vomit everything on an exam paper then prostrate b4 ur lectures for the extra grades. He probably cant utilize what he learnt [ or crammed] in school to make him a better employee.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by harakiri(m): 2:52pm On May 18, 2010
afrobaby:

This topic is really pathetic and it is not new in the country
@poster, I want you to understand that there are three categories of people responding to your post
[list]
[li] Those that are not employed: They are thinking in their mind that , what is wrong with this guy, he has one that is already fetching him money and yet he is complaining, let him leave the job jare so I can get the job, forgetting the fact that , the cane that was used to flog the first wife is just under the bed to flog the new wife[/li]
[li] Those that earn more than #100000 per month: They feel too big and doesnt want anybody to be as rich as they are, they only want to be the rich guys and nothing moe, whatever u think, go to hell, we own the town, we are the big people[/li]
[li]  Those that earn the same amount or similar to the one u are earning: The fact is,these people are wicked,, they shud not go unpurnished[li]
[/list]

But lets be real, I first got a job for #25,000 at sunplast but refused it, why , cos I have sisters and brothers taking care of my needs, not all of us have that opportunity to be financed by siblings, so if u are saying he shud resign, first think of reasons he took the job

BEFORE  U WRITE ANYTHING AGAIN, PUT URSELF IN THE POSTER'S SHOE AND ASK URSELF, WILL I BE HAPPY IF AM THE POSTER

Well said sister. I couldn't have said it better myself.Some people are just unrealistic with their postings because they are fortunate enough to be working in Uncle Lagbaja's company or Mommy's connection got them an MD job somewhere.

@dummypost

From the 3 examples stated above, you already know where you belong.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by unite4real: 3:13pm On May 18, 2010
How much is the permanent staff being payed in this Bank?
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by harakiri(m): 3:35pm On May 18, 2010
Babzilla:

Amen
The a$$ taster probably got a 2-1 by cramming books without necessarily understanding $**t. Cramm and vomit everything on an exam paper then prostrate b4 your lectures for the extra grades. He probably cant utilize what he learnt [ or crammed] in school to make him a better employee.

Spot on!
grin grin cheesy
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by dammytosh: 3:37pm On May 18, 2010
unite4real:

How much is the permanent staff being payed in this Bank?

Wellsaid,
I thought that is one of the questions @Kirikiri nd his NL kinsmen should have asked before jumping and attacking me like a frustrated fellow as if it is compulsory i reason the way they reason where he belongs.

harakiri:

@dummytosh

From the "logic" you've been advertising, the fact that everything was written on paper makes it "[b]right". . .right?[/b]

But a signature was appended saying i agree with this contract terms before resuming.

I think i am wasting my time replying your post. If you don't understand simple things like contract agreements on paper, then i quite understand why you are really @kirikiri

-----------Six Blind Men Of Indostan, Non Was Right And Non Was Wrong. They Saw The Elephant From Different Perspectives.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by koolhenry(m): 3:42pm On May 18, 2010
WE ALL MAY BE CORRECT IN OUR OWN WAYS BUT THESE QUESTIONS CONTINUE TO BUG ME,
IS FCMB THE GUILTY PARTY HERE?
IS FCMB THE ONLY FIRM GUILTY OF THIS PRACTISE?
WHERE R OUR LABOUR LAWS WHEN IT COMES TO THE WAY FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS TREAT THEIR EMPLOYEES?
LET'S ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS AND IN ONE FELL SWOOP JOINTLY ATTACK THIS UNWHOLESOME PRACTISE IN NIGERIAN FIRMS.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by harakiri(m): 3:56pm On May 18, 2010
koolhenry:

IS FCMB THE GUILTY PARTY HERE?
WHERE R OUR LABOUR LAWS WHEN IT COMES TO THE WAY FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS TREAT THEIR EMPLOYEES?
LET'S ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS AND IN ONE FELL SWOOP JOINTLY ATTACK THIS UNWHOLESOME PRACTISE IN NIGERIAN FIRMS.

Spot on bro.You took the words out of my mouth (or fingers rather. . .lol grin)These are where solutions to the problem come in.

@dummypost

Do you see how your logic fails you? Simply because you got a bank job as MD due to mommy's connections and your 2.1 in home economics doesn't make the issue right.Thank goodness you know a thing or two about "contracts". . .this issue of slave wages is disturbing.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by dammytosh: 4:28pm On May 18, 2010
koolhenry:

[b]IS FCMB THE GUILTY PARTY HERE?
LET'S ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS AND IN ONE FELL SWOOP JOINTLY ATTACK THIS UNWHOLESOME PRACTISE IN NIGERIAN FIRMS.[/b]

@Koolhenry,
Thanks for your reasonable post.

What happened here is an issue of a firm coming out to say that :

1. Apart from my work force, i need extra hands.
2. For these extra hands, this is the grade and this is the amount i can afford (Which i think is more than the minimum wage).

So if somebody applied, and i give the person that amount, why should i be attacked ? Besides, there is an extra pay based on the amount of sales you make at the end of the day.

It is not as if that is the amount every entry level staff in FCMB goes home with and not compulsorily the amount every contract staff goes home with in FCMB.

So dragging the employer into this is not fair and not necessary.

Even if there is a labour law that says xyz, if an employee reads the terms and conditions of the job and still signs it, i don't think such company should be considered liable.

That is my own take on the issue.

-----------Six Blind Men Of Indostan, Non Was Right And Non Was Wrong. They Saw The Elephant From Different Perspectives.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Ajike: 4:32pm On May 18, 2010
Nymph Node:
Thats why I love Bank PHB!  Someday banks will run themselves,  at Bank PHB we are already thinking about it

Bank PHwot? they're the worst. where they exploits HND as if they're rags, honestly i pity this country
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Ajike: 4:38pm On May 18, 2010
[b]afrobabay, This topic is really pathetic and it is not new in the country
@poster, I want you to understand that there are three categories of people responding to your post

Those that are not employed: They are thinking in their mind that , what is wrong with this guy, he has one that is already fetching him money and yet he is complaining, let him leave the job jare so I can get the job, forgetting the fact that , the cane that was used to flog the first wife is just under the bed to flog the new wife
Those that earn more than #100000 per month: They feel too big and doesnt want anybody to be as rich as they are, they only want to be the rich guys and nothing moe, whatever u think, go to hell, we own the town, we are the big people[li] Those that earn the same amount or similar to the one u are earning: The fact is,these people are wicked,, they shud not go unpurnished[li]

BEFORE U WRITE ANYTHING AGAIN, PUT URSELF IN THE POSTER'S SHOE AND ASK URSELF, WILL I BE HAPPY IF AM THE POSTER[/b]

God bless ur soul
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Ajike: 4:52pm On May 18, 2010
Cvibe, @ Poster, best to think of starting out on your own.

Can u pls advise him on how to save from the miserable N25k to start his own business
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Faroe: 5:00pm On May 18, 2010
I met these guys who sell a software that you can install on your phone and I later got to understand that they are agents who get a commission according to a predefined formula - I am just wondering if this is the same model that is being used here.

I guess it it almost like giving people a platform to earn according to how they perform which would not have been a  problem if the economy was good and people had money to deposit. I still think that it is better to leave the choice in the hands of the people; what i mean is, people should be free to try out things and leave them if these things do not work. Life is a journey and generally it is cathodic such that you cannot get to one position without passing though another and we continually build upon our experience and opportunities.

The government needs to do more in encouraging entrepreneurship and then there would be jobs and real choices and for those who choose to remain in banks as sales agents, there will actually be money for them to open accounts with and no one would notice the 25K allowance because all agents would be earning huge commissions on sales!

I strongly agree that every one who works should be well rewarded but I also do not want to pay COT and I do not like to pay high rates on my loans and sometimes I have defaulted even after re-structuring my loans nor do i like it when no dividends are paid on my investments so really, it is always easier to point a finger at someone else.

Just Imagine if we had uninterrupted power supply, many of graduates will chase their own initiatives and there will be real choices and the economy would be in motion like never before.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by koolhenry(m): 5:02pm On May 18, 2010
@dammytosh

I get ur drift loud n clear but,

I agree FCMB made all clear in an Offer Letter to these guys but does that take from the fact that it is highly questionable employment practice?
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by afib4all(m): 5:23pm On May 18, 2010
i cant jst believe that, and i dont blame the banks, pls dont we in nigeria av a kind of organisation that can fight this course av all this FCMB is not even own by a nigerian I guess.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by BIGERBOY1: 6:00pm On May 18, 2010
sory I haven't been able to reply because fcmb takes to much of my time but let me reply all the hundreds of comment in this summary;

1. I am the original poster

2. My transportatin around ----- alone (with taxi drops) is more than 30k a month (thats without the phone bills) yet they pay us 25k

3. For those who ask of my qualification here its; BSc Economics (2:1 in Nigeria), MA Finance & Investment (Merit, UK), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA level one: pased, Shanghai)

4. am just less than 28 yrs old

Bottom line I can sit at home and my allowance I get is more than enough to sustain me but I want to work and so far this is what i have and I pray I get a better offer. But it is just pathetic that this is what is happening and even more horendous is that some posters/people are ok with it. Godhelp us all.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by BIGERBOY1: 6:11pm On May 18, 2010
sory I haven't been able to reply because fcmb takes to much of my time but let me reply all the hundreds of comment in this summary;

2. My transportatin around ----- alone (with taxi drops) is more than 30k a month (thats without the phone bills) yet they pay us 25k

3. For those who ask of my qualification here its; BSc Economics (2:1 in Nigeria), MA Finance & Investment (Merit, UK), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA level one: pased, Shanghai)

Bottom line I can sit at home and my allowance I get is more than enough to sustain me but I want to work and so far this is what i have and I pray I get a better offer. But it is just pathetic that this is what is happening and even more horendous is that some posters/people are ok with it. Godhelp us all.  [tr][/tr]
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Omolulu(m): 6:53pm On May 18, 2010
BIGER BOY:

brother this one bad, with ur qualifications and age dem suppose try, nonetheless just try sit down for ur job while u search for a better opportunity

Bottom line I can sit at home and my allowance I get is more than enough to sustain me but I want to work and so far this is what i have and I pray I get a better offer. But it is just pathetic that this is what is happening and even more horendous is that some posters/people are ok with it. Godhelp us all.  [tr][/tr]
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Omolulu(m): 6:53pm On May 18, 2010
BIGER BOY:

brother this one bad, with ur qualifications and age dem suppose try, nonetheless just try sit down for ur job while u search for a better opportunity

Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Akosbaba(m): 8:26pm On May 18, 2010
This is pathetic
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by SUKKIE(m): 8:57pm On May 18, 2010
BIGER BOY:

Bottom line I can sit at home and my allowance I get is more than enough to sustain me but I want to work and so far this is what i have and I pray I get a better offer. But it is just pathetic that this is what is happening and even more horendous is that some posters/people are ok with it. Godhelp us all. [tr][/tr]

Dude,u are having a laugh!With the above u earning 25k,cos I ve got 2 friends with similar qualifications and they r holding sensitive positions in the bank.These are just smart(soji) dudes with no connections.Even Ladi d (CEO) has preference for foreign certifications and all dat since he graduated from East Anglia and Harvard as such he surely knows the value.Also,it is nt rocket science for their HR to ve seen that u way too qualified for such a role man,hence ur potential is being underutilised. IMO,dis is very strange.All the best with ur job search cos I dont think u ve got 1 thou.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by AGARIautos: 1:59am On May 19, 2010
BIGER BOY:

Bottom line I can sit at home and my allowance I get is more than enough to sustain me but I want to work and so far this is what i have and I pray I get a better offer. But it is just pathetic that this is what is happening and even more horendous is that some posters/people are ok with it. Godhelp us all.

PLEASE, SEND YOUR C.V. TO THE E-MAIL BELOW THIS POST WE COULD GET YOU SOMETHING IN OUR GROUP MUCH BETTER THAN YOUR PRESENT CONDITION AFTER VERIFICATION OF YOUR EDUCATIONAL PURSUITS. WITH US THE SKY WILL BE YOUR LIMIT IF YOU ARE HARDWORKING AND INNOVATIVE.

CHEERS.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by StRichy(m): 5:07am On May 19, 2010
Dere's a guy in my class dat work wit fcmb. A mech. Engr graduate and a master degree student. Since last week friday wen we started our 1st semester exam, he is d only felow dat has been absent till date. I av heard of mass sacking of bank workers, I am waiting for day the "enslaved bank workers" will resign massively! I blive it will help make things rite. Untill then, just take heart "D LORD IS UR STRENT".
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by StRichy(m): 5:40am On May 19, 2010
If i may add, wit d "shining" qualification u quoted and at ur age, dere several tins u can do to make beta pay dan ur present or same wit less stress. If u add ur sound knowledge of economics 2 d miserable experience u ve acquired at fcmb u ar sure going to be a good ENTERPRENEUR! Guy if u give ur personal biz d same time u ar investing working 4 fcmb, u will b a milionaire in few months.
I av operated a biz i started wit only #8,000 yet it returned an average of #1,500 to me daily (sometimes double & rarely, triple). Drop ur pride (i'm sure bank sales people ar not proud wen marketing), invoke d production factors of what, how, where, And design a small biz base on d capital u think u can raise, ur talent / creativity and what u av passion for etc. An engr shouldnt b teaching an economics biz factors! Remember: BIG TINS ALWAYS START SMALL! So always Tink big but start small so dat u can grow great! Lol from St. Richard's Y F (Nig.)
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Nobody: 9:21am On May 19, 2010
@ poster the truth is that you have courage and some humility.To have those shiny qualifications and still want to work with that kind of offer is commendable.your tabling the maltreatment of contract staff in fcmb is also good let the world knw for goodness sake,just to let you know i believe you are learning something from this experience right now you may not see it but i believe evry situation we find ourselves in is meant to teach us something i just hope u'll learn whatever u are suposd to learn,another good thing you are able to recognise is that this is not where you want to be but this is where you are now just stay focused and everything will fall into shape dont let them demoralize you.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Greycells(m): 3:16pm On May 19, 2010
harakiri:

This happens to a lucky few.A lot of corporate organizations would rather reshuffle their contract staff from time to time rather than give them full employment status. . .they do this to save "operational costs".

No facts otherwise to contradict your position. Common sense and a little understanding of the capitalist economy says u maybe right.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by hixxx1(m): 5:21pm On May 19, 2010
@dammytosh: it like you are suffering from colonial mentality. Better go and have your stupid head examined.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by stereotype: 5:25pm On May 19, 2010
, if i send my son to the UK/US to get an M.sc degree and he comes back looking for a job, i would whoop his ass. The UK / US  educational system focuses on making you an entrepreneur but because of our naija mentality, we start thinking of working for blue chip orgs and earn juicy packages off the bat (b4 all u sensitive posters eat my head)   fault my statistics, but 50% of grads from foreign schools who relocate to naija have startup companies of their own, why can't u join the 50%?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Npower Batch C Stream 2 Shortlist Is Out / Dangote Group Fresh Job Recruitment (16 Positions) / UNDP Graduate Placement For 20,000 Nigerian Youths Countrywide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.