Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,629 members, 7,955,307 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:03 PM

The Layzee Saga: Don't Add Salt To Injury. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Layzee Saga: Don't Add Salt To Injury. (315 Views)

The Numbers Don't Add Up In Imo State After Supreme Court Ruling / Nass: Adding Salt To Injury / Stop Adding Salt To Injury, You're Running A Gestapo State, Makarfi Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Layzee Saga: Don't Add Salt To Injury. by PediakAuthor: 11:23pm On Apr 20, 2018
The “LayZEE” saga: Don't add salt to injury.

It goes without saying that; "every Journalist is a Writer, but every Writer is not a Journalist". Eventually, most of the internet commentators in Nigeria have suddenly turned to Journalists. What a paradoxical situation.

To my biggest bolt from the blue, the phrase "LayZEE" appears in 7 out of my 8 recent Facebook feeds. I have been keeping hushed about this narrative, but I need to crack the silence at this critical point while sitting on the fence.

I will not deny the fact that every Nigerian citizen is entitled to a constitutionalized freedom of expression. But I need to counsel you guys to always mull over the pros and cons before hitting the submit button whenever you are protesting online.

In case you don't know, by promoting the hashtag #LayZEE_NahijiRhiyaN_Youths online, you are indirectly impeding Nigeria's socio-economic development. How? By creating a negative media perception to the international community. Such a gesture might impede FDI - Foreign Direct Investment in Nigeria. Infact, make i speak pijin: "the people wey never hear am before, go dey see am for instagram, twitter, nairaland and facebook na". Why not just let the sleeping dogs lie!

Let me give you guys a little insight about the SEO - Search Engine Optimization Technology. In case you don't know, in the nearest future, if anybody in any part of the world types in the phrase "Nigeria" in any search engine, the cache meta tag "LayZEE" will always appear in the search results. This might affect Nigeria's international relations if care is not taken. And besides, such an attitude is not good for a nation struggling to get out of the peninsula of under-development.

My fellow Nigerian youths, don't under-estimate the Google Cache Technologies, be cautious of what you type online. What goes around comes around. We need to stop all these negative propaganda about Nigeria and get back to work.
We are good people and not bad! Simple as ABCD. We don’t need to aggravate the present state of affairs.

I clearly understand the present quagmire conditions of the Nigerian economy which have led to the issues of Youths' under-employment and unemployment. Many are out there to show their sourness with respect to the unsightly situations in the Nation. Believe me; Nigeria will rise up again if we can jointly rise up to the task of stimulating a sustainable socio-economic framework for the development of our dear nation.
In my oft-recited maxim of national development; in the nation building process, the Government and the people both have crucial roles to play. While the leaders create a beneficial environment for the full-flowering of businesses, the people must be ready to take responsibilities, most especially by changing the already flecked narratives about Nigeria to a better one.

With God on our side and with the level of our patriotism to have a better Nation, Nigeria shall be great again.

Thank You.

By Jawolusi Oluwaseun Solomon

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Youths Lazy Or Nigeria Media Lazy? / Gov. Wike Suspends Loan Scheme For Private Hospitals / Glo Engages Huawei To Lay Submarine Cable, Glo 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.