Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,839 members, 7,841,190 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Adesewa - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Adesewa (20385 Views)

Adesewa / [story] Sister Adesewa (true Life Story) _(episode 1- 17) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adesewa by azcute(m): 7:20pm On May 05, 2018
interesting and very touching.... I most confess I salute writing creativity.. more bro

1 Like

Re: Adesewa by Malaymoney(m): 11:15pm On May 05, 2018
mehn youngprov these your story is so so interesting i felt sober when adesewa died.... and please what about general don't tell he hasn't learnt dat his only daughter is dead

1 Like

Re: Adesewa by Shawen99(m): 8:20am On May 06, 2018
If you are caught Mr AY, call your parent that they should prepare a grave for you cause, you are a gunner.
Re: Adesewa by devilmaycry1(m): 2:14pm On May 06, 2018
hmmm i think ay will know some secret
Re: Adesewa by emperorblog(m): 2:53pm On May 06, 2018
make your sunday lively read cool and interesting story here www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: Adesewa by lady25(f): 10:57pm On May 06, 2018
Lovely... More ink to your pen.cant wait to read more
Re: Adesewa by PortableToDynam(m): 11:06pm On May 06, 2018
#SUSPENSE

GOD bless your golden ink
Re: Adesewa by Bdemmy4real: 8:01am On May 07, 2018
More ink to your pen.....more update pls
Re: Adesewa by samlog(m): 9:47am On May 07, 2018
Kudos, beautiful storyline and engaging contents

More updates plz. And I can't access the WhatsApp group through the link
Re: Adesewa by itsandi(m): 6:20pm On May 07, 2018
Interesting story smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Adesewa by samlog(m): 6:54pm On May 07, 2018
We are patiently waiting for updates ooo
Re: Adesewa by ibez007(m): 5:28am On May 12, 2018
Great Write Brov!.

I need a Mention Next time Man.
Re: Adesewa by teanumi(f): 11:38am On May 12, 2018
no updates niiii embarassed
Re: Adesewa by youngproov(m): 12:42am On May 20, 2018
ADESEWA

Episode 20

Sometimes we just have to stop running...

Immediately I realize who they are, I didn't wait a seconds before I took to my kneels. I left my wheel barrow and run as fast as my leg could carry me. I was on a running motion when I almost collide in with peace car.
"what the hell!!! I could have run you over "
She screamed out.
" yea but you didn't, I least this won't be your first time of a close call like this with me. Can you please take me away from here " I said. She signal to me to enter and I entered. When I got inside, I took a deep breath then relax myself on the chair. I looked at peace but she seems a bit carried away.
" thank you peace " I said with a smile. She didn't reply me but focus on the driving. Judging from her facial expression its seems she's thinking of something.
" is anything the matter? " I asked.
" not really, let me just take you home" she said.
"Thank you, and where are you coming from by this time of the day, I thought you close from work by 2, its almost 7: 30, you had a hectic day? " I asked.
" you are too inquisitive, anyway I went to see my pastor, am coming from the church. Satisfied? " she said looking pointedly at me.
I directed her the way to my house and in less than 5 minute we arrived at my place. I felt a little bit ashamed cos my place wasn't that good looking, I had a little furniture and some dead electronics. I guess she wasn't expecting something less than what she's seeing . She smiled and alated from the car.
" is your daughter home " she asked.
" of cos she's home.. " before I could finish my statement, Ewatomi run out of the house to welcome me home. I hugged her then carry her up. She smiled then shifted her head towards peace.
" good evening ma, dad who is she? Is she my mother cos she's smiling at me. Aunty are you my mother? " she said. We were both shock by what she said and before I could say a word peace has already given her an answer.
" yes am your mother, you can call me mom" she said, I look at her with a wierd expression of " what the hell" I wanted to tell Ewatomi that she isn't her mom but I hold back my words when I see both of them hugging each other passionately.
" so mother and daughter can we go inside " I said trowing my eyes away.
We both all entered, and before I knew it, they both engaged in a conversation.

Ewatomi : am not happy with you mom.

Peace : oh why?

Ewatomi : you left dad and I all this years

Peace : you have every reason for you to be mad at me, am sorry dear. There's a reason I left you,you will get to understand later.

Me: Emmm you...

Peace : please ay stay out this, the ladies are talking.

Me: issokay.

Ewatomi : now I won't be sad about you again. I will tell all my class mate tomorrow that my mom is back, will you follow me to school tomorrow?

Peace : emmm... Sure I will

Me : seriously?? I think you should stop this comedy.

Ewatomi : comedy? What is comedy?

Peace : don't mind your dad, he is naughty sometimes.

Ewatomi : am happy to see you mom.

Peace : not as I am.

Ewatomi : my dad said you cherished poems. Is that true.

Peace: emmm... Yes and stories.

Ewatomi : really? Can you tell me a story then?

Peace : emmm... Ok I will.

Me: issokay, the play is about to be over.

Peace : OK, I will tell you a story about love and time.

Ewatomi : really?

Me: we are all ears.

Peace :

Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, knowledge, and all of the others, including Love. One day it was announced to the feelings that the island would sink, so all constructed their boats and left the island, except Love.

Love was the only one who stayed. Love wanted to hold out until the last possible moment.

When the island had almost sunk, Love decided to ask for help.

Richness was passing by Love in a grand boat. Love said,

"Richness, can you take me with you?"

Richness answered, "No, I can't. There is a lot of gold and silver in my boat. There is no place here for you."

Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by in a beautiful vessel. "Vanity, please help me!"

"I can"t help you, Love. You are all wet and might damage my boat," Vanity answered.

Sadness was close by so Love asked, "Sadness, let me go with you."

"Oh! Love, I am so sad that I need to be by myself!"

Happiness passed by Love, too, but she was so happy that she did not even hear when Love called her.

Suddenly, there was a voice, "Come, Love, I will take you." It was an elder. So blessed and overjoyed, Love even forgot to ask the elder where they were going. When they arrived at dry land, the elder went her own way. Realizing how much was owed the elder,

Love asked Knowledge, another elder, "Who helped me?"

"It was Time," Knowledge answered.

"Time?" asked Love. "But why did Time help me?"

Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom and answered, "Because only Time is capable of understanding how valuable Love is"

And that's the end of my story.

The story wasn't meant for Ewatomi but for me, I tried to hide my tears but I guess peace noticed my mood and she quickly give Ewatomi a money and ask her to go buy a biscuit for herself. Ewatomi look at me if its okay for her to collect the money and I nodded for her to. She collected the money and speed out joyfully with the money.
" is that are mother,? " she said pointing at the the wall picture.
" yea, that's Adesewa " I said trying to restrain myself from crying. But I later failed as the tears came running down my face.
" its okay ayo, don't weep no more, your tears won't bring her back, just find a happiness in your daughter, am sorry I lied to her, but you lied to her first. You didn't tell her that her mother is dead. Well i will be her mother till you open up to her " she said.
" I don't know what to say peace " I said.
" you don't need to say anything, I told you that I was coming from church right, my pastor saw a vision that am I will almost hit someone on my way back. And I was told to keep the person close. I don't have any friend, will you be my friend. I mean best friend " she said with a smile.
I looked at her then smile in returned, Ewatomi entered with three biscuits.
" you brought 3 biscuits? " I said.
" yes, one for me, one for my dad and one for my mom" she said stretching the biscuits to us we collected it and we both eat together.
Peace stayed till around 11 pm before leaving for her home, she prepared dinner for us and we both eat it together, she waited till Ewatomi is far asleep before leaving.
" I really thank you for what you did today, am really greatful" I said.
" you don't have to, what are friends for. Goodnight " she said then she gave me a hug..

The following morning. Ewatomi wake up and found out that peace was no longer beside her.
" where is mom!!! " she shouted.
" emmm.. She's probably in the bathroom " I said. She ran to the bathroom and run back to me.
" she is not there " she said.
" have you check the kitchen? " I said.
" she is not there " she retorted .
"Probably... " she cut in.
"Probably what?, she promised to follow me to school and where is she now"
" over here dear " we look to the direction the voice came from and there stood peace with a lunch bag in her hand. I was surprise to see her cos I wasn't expecting her.
" i do keep my promise dear, I prepared this food for you, eat up and let go to school " she said.
I move closer to peace and look at her in astonishment.
" you ought to be in work by now " I said feeling a little concern.
" am the boss and its my company, case solved? " she said. Then she made her way to Ewatomi. I left them inside then I head to market for my daily business.
At mid noon, a call entered my phone from an unknown number.

Me: hello

Unknown : am I on to Mr Ayomide.

Me: yes sir, may I know you please.

Unknown : am the director of P. C oil company.

Me: OK...

Unknown : congratulations sir

Me : congratulation? For what.

Unknown : you have been giving a job here in our oil company.

Me: for real, I don't even know your company let alone submit any of my C. V to your company.

Unknown : am Mr Adetula, I will be expecting you tomorrow for proper orientation. Once again congratulations.

To be continued...

For those on WhatsApp. You can follow this link to join my story group on WhatsApp. Or you message me on this number 08105835201.

https:///3yf1EnhIAkx9jzirya

1 Like

Re: Adesewa by youngproov(m): 12:47am On May 20, 2018
ADESEWA

Episode 21

There are only two things that shape a life. people around you & your attitude...

It wasn't a dream come true, cos I never dream of having such a good job. My joy has no limit. I ran a call through to moturayo and inform her about the news. She was very happy for me and wish me success. Immediately, I drop my wheel barrow and head all the way home. On getting home I brought out Adesewa picture then began staring at it. Then followed by a soliloquy
" Adesewa, how I wish you are alive here to share this news with me. How I wish... But destiny and fate can't be changed. I miss you my love, I promise I won't love any other lady except from you. Even if you are not here with me, my love for you will continue and never change. I love you so much dear. With this new job am going to make sure our daughter won't know any suffering. I promise you that. Now am going to the company tomorrow, my love which cloth do you think I should wear "
" I think you should wear a suit " says a voice behind me. I turned back to see peace and Ewatomi looking at me with a smile.

Me: oh peace you are back.

Peace : yeah, I went to pick Ewatomi up from school.

Me: oh I have forgotten that today is Friday.

Peace : now you know, Ewatomi go hug your dad.

Ewatomi : good afternoon papa

Me: good afternoon pikin. How was school today.

Ewatomi : it was awesome, I showed those demented bastard my mom today.

Me: demented bastard!?

Ewatomi : yes, that's what I call whoever that insulted my mom.

Me: well I got a good news for you, but go change your uniform first.

Ewatomi : good news? Let me guess, hmmmm... You got a new wheel barrow?

Me: just go change your cloth.

Ewatomi : OK dad. One more guess, you brought a cow �

Me: for what!? not only a cow but a demented cow.

Ewatomi : demented cow? Just like demented bastard?

Me: yes, now go off your uniform.

Ewatomi : OK dad.

Me: peace thank you for looking after my daughter.

Peace : she's also my daughter.

Me: oh... I Have a good news.

Peace : yea, I heard you soliloquizing the other time. So what is it all about.?

Me : have gotten a job!!

Peace : really!!!

Ewatomi : you don't mean it dad?

Me: yes, but I thought I told you to go off your uniform?

Ewatomi : of cos you did, but you didnt ask me to off my ears from eavesdropping.

Me: oh God, Adesewa can you hear your daughter.

Ewatomi : Adesewa? Mom so that's your name.

Peace : emmm...

Me: I brought a biscuit for you, why don't you go devour it.

Ewatomi: is it my favorite?

Me: absolutely

Ewatomi :yes!!!

Peace : am so happy for you ayo.

Me: thank you, you know the mysterious part of it, I have never been to this company before. I didn't write any application, didn't submit any C. V, didnt go for an interview and am being offered a job there. It's a miracle.

Peace : just be thankful for every good and bad things that happens to you. After rain comes sunshine.

Me: hmm thank you.

Peace : speaking about the cloth, you would like to wear..

Me: emmm.. I don't really have a good cloth.

Peace : care for a shopping.

Me: emmmm...

Ewatomi : hell yes!!!

Me: huh?

Ewatomi : papa is a very shy man, but am not.

Peace : I know you are not, go wait for us inside the car. So ay what are you saying.

Me: emmmm...

Peace : OK I get it, you will drive us there, have the car key, we will be waiting for you in the car.

The following day, I kit up in an Italian suit, yesterday shopping was still ringing loudly in my ear, I can't believe peace could spend such a huge amount of money on just a shopping. I checked myself well on the mirror then head to the company. I got there then meet with Mr Adetula.

Me: good morning sir.

Mr Adetula : good morning. You are Mr Ayomide right.

Me: yes sir.

Mr Adetula : oh, have been waiting for you. Have your seat please.

Me: thank you sir.

Mr Adetula : your C. V was sent to me by someone you might know and I received an order from above to fix you in the fields surveying section. Your salary will five hundred thousand per month for the first year then it will increase the following year . So are you accepting this job?

Me: with so much joy. Sorry sir may I know who brought my CV here.

Mr Adetula : I don't know the person, am only doing my job.

Me: OK sir.

Mr Adetula : so when are you resuming here.

Me: next week Monday will be fine, I will need to schedule some things.

Mr Adetula : very well then. Congratulation to you. You can call me Isaac, that's my name, my surname is Adetula.

Me: oh I still prefer Mr Adetula. Ain't you married?

Mr Adetula : No, and besides you are now my boss from now on. Cos once you resume I will be receiving orders from you.

Me: oh...

Mr Adetula : least I forget, the company will give you a house and a car once you resume fully.

Me: that's another wonderful offer.

Mr Adetula : congratulation once again sir.

Me: thank you Sir.

Just like a dream, everything changed from bad to good. The popular wheel barrow pusher now became someone living like a king. Peace was always there as a mother to Ewatomi, the nature of my job didn't allow me to spend more time with her but peace was always there for her. Sometimes she will take ewatomi with her for weeks and sometimes she will spend the whole week with us.
There's one thing wired about peace, she knows all my favorites, including food and outfit. I do wonder how she knows all this things cos the only person that knows all this was Adesewa and she's no more.

One evening, I came back from work and I found peace clad on one of Adesewa cloth that I kept secretly to remember Adesewa. When I first saw her, I thought I was seeing a ghost cos her back was turned to me, I move closer Sliently to her with trembling legs.
" Adesewa" I said. She smiled then look back.
" its not Adesewa, its peace " she said.
"Oh meh!! You scared the hell out of me and where did you see that cloth? " I said.
" in your wardrobe " she replied.
" its Adesewa's " I said.
" I know " she answered before I could make any statement.
" so why do you wear it? " I asked. She look at me for a while then she smile and answered.
" I want you to see Adesewa in me" she said. I looked at her in perplexity.
" I don't quite get what you mean" I said in confusion.
" don't worry, you will understand one day, go change your cloth and have a shower, my daughter is sleeping in the room I won't want you to disturb her " she said with a wink.
" yes ma, have heard you " I said then turn and head to the bathroom.

After am done bathing, I was in my room drying up myself when peace entered without knocking.

Peace : oh sorry I forgot to knock.

Me: well am aint naked.

Peace : nice packs.

Me : oh those packs.

Peace : yes.

Me: I got them from a military torturing.

Peace : really?

Me: yes, I forced Adesewa against her will's and she got me dealt with.

Peace : what did you did to her? You kissed her.

Me: no, I forced her to take a selfie with me. She didn't like taking pictures, I still have the selfie picture with me, nothing will ever make me to lose that.

Peace : you must have love her so much.

Me: yes, with my whole life, I can't love anyone else from her.

Peace : oh... And that is the problem am having with you.

Me: you mean.

Peace: don't worry, I came to tell you that food is ready.

Me: and what did you prepare

Peace : one of your favorite dish.

Me: which is?

Peace : pounded yam.

Me : wao, just like Adesewa, your future husband is going to enjoy you.

Peace : yea... He is.

Me: you say?

Peace : let go and eat.

Me: ok ma, after you.

I was in my office one afternoon when my secretary told me I have two guest waiting for me. I requested her to ursher them in. In less than a minutes they were both in my office. I moved my head up to see the guest and found out to my dismay that its no one but Gbenga and his dad

Why am I seeing this people .?

To be continued....

For those on WhatsApp. You can follow this link to join my story group on WhatsApp. Or you message me on this number 08105835201.

1 Like

Re: Adesewa by youngproov(m): 12:49am On May 20, 2018
ADESEWA

Episode 22

The best revenge is happiness, because nothing drives people more crazy then seeing someone actually having a good life.

I was very shocked to see the see the both of them, but I didn't make it visible for them to see, its seems they didn't recognize me so I pretended as if I know them not.

Both : Good afternoon sir.

Me: Good afternoon, please have your seat.

Both : thank you sir .

Me: welcome to our company.

Gbenga : thank you sir, sorry your face look like someone have seen before.

Me: oh really?

Gbenga: yes, have you been to Lagos before.?

Me: yes on business trip.

Gbenga : am sorry just that your face looks familia. Abi dad what did you think.

Gbenga dad: if he is who you are thinking of, I can assure you with guarantee that's he is not the one. He would be somewhere by now suffering if not even dead.

Gbenga: hmm... I just wish I meet him one day.

Gbenga dad: if I ever see him, I will kill him with my bare hands.

Gbenga: no dad, I got to apologize from him, who knows maybe he is the reasons for all that is happening us.

Gbenga dad : of cos he is!!!

Me: excuse me sir's how may I help you.

Gbenga dad: we are sorry sir, see God will bless you.

Me: amen.

Gbenga dad : your enemies will not overcome you.

Gbenga: you will know no suffering.

Gbenga dad: all your enemies will beg before you.

Gbenga dad: you will not die.

Me: amen, please can I know what you want.

Gbenga dad: my son as you can see us like this, we are really suffering. You might see us dress like a rich people but we are in great suffering. This young man sitting beside me is my son. He is as good as jobless. I lost all my properties to a fire and my son here got scammed by a 419.as you are seeing us, we haven't eat anything today. Sir I want you to help us, just give us any job in this company, even if its a driver or gardener we are ready to do it just help us please.

Me: give me a reason why I should help you.

Gbenga dad: maybe you need me to prostrate to you. We are badly suffering, we came here all the way from Lagos just to search for any job. Things are very difficult for us. We can hardly afford a meal to eat. If you don't help us we might die, please help us.

Me: hmm mm... Anyway there's no vacancy here, but I will see what I can do to help.

Both : thank you very much sir.

Me: here have this money and buy yourself something to eat.

Both: we are very greatful sir.

Me: come back here next week, I would have been able to sort some things out.

Gbenga dad : God will bless you.

Me : amen

Gbenga dad: your glory will shine.

Me : amen, please if you will excuse me, I got some work to do.

Both: OK sir, goodbye sir.

I got some that day feeling quite queasy. I met peace in the living room helping Ewatomi with her assignment. I greeted them then head to the bathroom for a shower. Some minutes later I was in my room thinking about what happened during the day when peace entered in with me.

Peace : Ay, are you okay? You seem a little edgy.

Me: I will be fine.

Peace : are you sure.

Me: yea.

Peace : if Adesewa is here, you will probably tell her what is worrying you. And since she is not here, you only have to share your problem with people around you.

Me: yea I know, is just that...

Peace : yea, I know there is something so just tell me.

Me: you remember who Adesewa was to be affiance to.

Peace : yea you told me about him.

Me : I saw him and his father today.

Peace : oh my God.

Me: but they didn't recognize me.

Peace :thank God. So what happened.

Me: they need my help.

Peace : your help?

Me: yes, they told me they lost are their properties and they are looking for a means to make ends meet.

Peace : oh what a pity.

Me: I didn't know if I should help them or not, they make my life miserable!!!

Peace : you know what ay.

Me: what?

Peace :Sometimes you have to forgive & forget. Forgive them for hurting and forget they even exist.

Me: I can't forget they exist. Forgiving is easy but forgetting is hard.

Peace : you are right, but I do think you should help them. Although they have once been your feared enemies they have been the people that make your life miserable. But God has brought them back to you for a reason. God has made you a superior over them. They came at your foot begging for your help. All you are today is by God Grace. So never stop doing what is right or good just because of past memories. I would advise you to assit them since you have the power to.

Me: thank you, I think I will do what you say.

Peace : exactly!!! That's why I like you.

Me: hmm thank you.

Peace : emmm... Now I also need your help.

Me: Really?

Peace : yea, I want you to pretend as if you are my man.

Peace : there's this guy I want to get rid off. He has been disturbing me for a very long time even when I told him that am married he still didn't let go off me.

Me: oh no, am too old for a wild goose chase.

Peace : ay please, you wouldn't say No, would you.

Me: what's the plan.?

Peace : he works at the beach, so we are going to dress and act like a couple at the beach.

Me: act and dress.

Peace : yea have seen to all that, I brought two rings and a three same clothes yesterday for you, ewatomi and I.

Me: so ewatomi is in?

Peace : that makes it more real and romantic.

Me: I studied GPS, I have no idea about acting.

Peace : its very simple just imagine that am Adesewa.

Me: oh, you think it will work?

Peace : yea, go get ready.

Me: ladies and their day to day wahala sha.

Peace : your daughter is also a lady.

Me: yea I know she got hers.

Ewatomi : dad you really need to do something about my ears.!!!

Me: don't tell me you can hear us there in the living room!!!

Ewatomi : I heard you saying I have wahala!!!

Me: maybe we need to flash your ears!!!

Ewatomi : there won't be need for that!!!

Me: really!!!

Ewatomi : I love the idea of going to the beach!!!

Me : oh she heard that also. What other thing did you hear.!!!

Ewatomi : I wasn't listening to you, only when I heard the word beach, then am began listening.!!!

Me: listening or eavesdropping,!!!

Ewatomi : whatever you call it!!!

Peace : like father like daughter.

On the D Day we all dressed in the same outfit, sincerely speaking we look like a family. With little Ewatomi which nailed it all. We head to the beach and we began having some beach play. It really fun that I forgot my mission there. Not quite long, some set of people approached us. They happens to be magazine writers and editors.
" excuse my sir excuse ma, are you two couples? " one of them asked. Before I could say a word, peace has already answered them.
" of cos we are, and this is my beautiful daughter ewatomi " she said with a smile.
" wao I just love what am seeing, a family having fun together at the beach, its really a romantic one, please if you don't mind I will like to take a picture of you all together. I need to publish it in the front page of tomorrow magazine. Am sure it will be the talk of the town. " says of one them.
"Very well then " peace said and a photograph of us were taking.
I looked at peace in suspicious.
" I hope this is not part of your plan" I said.
"Believe me, I know nothing about this " she said.
" I believed you " I said. I look beside us and we see a quite huge guy approaching us in fury.
" that's him, he is coming " peace said with a trembling voice.
" so what should I do? Start a coup? " I said.
" don't be daft" she retorted.
" so what now? " I said again.
" just kiss me" she said. I guess I didn't see that coming cos I flinched.
" kiss... You? What the hell?" I retorted.
" do it!! " she shouted
"I can't!! " I said.
"You can" she retorted. And within an eyes blink her head shifted and her lips met with mine. I couldn't do anything so I just close my eyes and let the kiss fire on. The kiss was quite long and i was lost. I was brought back to life by the clapping of hands and the sound of photo cameras.
I opened my eyes to see that we are surrounded with crowds and they were all clapping and some even put us on video.
" is this the man you told me about? " says a voice behind us. I look up to see the huge guy standing a feet from us.
" yea, its him" peace said.
"Hmm... Its hurt me to say this, but I think he deserves you. he is handsome, I wish you both a good life " he said then he turned and leave.
" only if he knew that all this aint true" I said. Peace hugged me from behind then whisper into my ears.
" I told you it will work " she said.
" yea, its did, but am just feeling the pain in his words. " I said.
" yea, it just that we are not meant to be together. " she said.
" so who is meant for you " I said looking directly at her.
" its getting dark, let go home" she said.

I wasn't surprise when I saw the family photograph we took at the front page on the entertainment magazine. But I was shocked and surprise when I saw the picture of peace and I kissing. I read the story under it and I laugh loudly to myself.

I met with Gbenga and his dad the following week, its quite unfortunate that there is no vacancy left in company for them. But I was able to fix gbenga amoung the company driver. I gave his dad some amount of money to start a little business, at least that will help them to sustain a living.

I came back from work one evening and I saw a letter on the table that says read me. I opened the letter a read the content.

Dear Ayo

You and I ,
were probably never meant to be but I loved
every single second thatI spent with you.
Since the first instant,
I love and adore you. Ever since I first laid eyes on you I was certain they would never again picture sweeter image.
Your handsomeness and finesse seduced me right away. Your voice reached my ears like the sweetest melody, beating the lustful pulse of my aching heart.
Ever since that first glance my life shifted as a whole, because in an instant I understood what love really is, because I understood that when love and joy are shared, move intense they become, and that grief and hardship are a lesser burden when faced with clarity and trust.
Loving you makes me feel safer and more alive. Bring me the courage to search, in purest spring, the water that will quench our trust, the strength to reach for the ripest fruit that insisted in growing in the highest branch, energy to overcome each and every obstacle and to have a forever open chest and a willing heart to keep you warm, body and soul, always.
I will always be aware of this love and a constant readiness to review this feeling is a promise, of a truthful worship I have towards you.
Have absolute certainty that my biggest fulfillment is knowing that I can make you the happiest man and the most beloved in this earth, because I dedicate my seconds to this goal.
Receive this with all my love

With care,
Peace.

The door opened and peace and Ewatomi entered.

Peace : oh you are back.

Me: yea, not long. Ewatomi how was school today.

Ewatomi : it was fine dad.

Me: no demented bastard?

Ewatomi : not at all.

Me : good, go change your cloth.

Ewatomi : OK dad.

Me: oh peace am sorry, I saw a letter on the table, I didn't know it wasn't for me.

Peace : its for you

Me: for me? Form who?

Peace : from me to you.

Me: I don't get you, the content of the letter were quite perplexing.

Peace : all what the letter is saying is that... I love you.

Me: come again please. I didn't hear you well.

Peace : am in love with you.

Me: you are what!!! Have you been drinking?

To be continued....

1 Like

Re: Adesewa by youngproov(m): 12:51am On May 20, 2018
ADESEWA

Episode 23

Love is the beautiful thing that ever happened to me, and the most horrendous thing you could (not have) possibly desire (sexcapade with neighbors daughters)

Am certainly sure that I didn't see it coming. I stared at her for a moment without saying a word. It was an eclipse of total speechless.

Me: am certainly not in mood for jokes, so please stop.

Peace : am not joking!!!

Me: you can't be serious about it.

Peace : of coz I am!!!. Or don't you ever wonder why I leave everything behind and come in here with you.

Me: I thought it was because of Ewatomi.

Peace : yes because of her and you. She needs me and I need.... you.

Me: am sorry peace, I can't love you.

Peace : why?

Me: I promised Adesewa that she will forever be the lady I would love. And I still love her still.

Peace : she want a happy life for you. But you choose to live a sad life.

Me: yea, I can never have a happy life without her.

Peace : of cos you can.

Me: I don't think so.

Peace : its hurt to love someone and that person ever for once think about you.

Me: am sorry peace...

Peace : she said he was in love but he was dying in silent , for 4 years, he was scared to say I love you. So I told him myself.

Me: I didn't remember telling you that. How did you know?

Peace : I... I.. Forgive me please.

Me: for what.

Peace : I found her diary.

Me: whose diary?

Peace : Adesewa.

Me: she has a dairy?

Peace : yea, it seems you didn't like touching her things.

Me: and how did you found her diary.

Peace : I was searching for your C. V when I came across it.

Me: my C. V? Is it what am thinking?

Peace : oh... Am sorry I didn't tell you.

Me: you are the one that submitted my C. V to the company am working with.?

Peace : am sorry, I never want you to feel somehow. That was why I was silent with it.

Me: am speechless.

Peace : all I ever want is for you to love me. Even if its not much as I do. A little of your love is enough for me.

Me : peace what you are requesting me to do is impossible.

Peace : the day I met you, I told you I was coming from my pastor. I actually took the names of those who are disturbing me for a marriage. He prayed to the names and he told me that non of them is meant for me. He told me I will come across the man of my dream on my way back home. And that person was you. I took your name back to him and he said I should never let you go no matter what. And I will never let you go, I will wait patiently for the day you will come for me. Even if it will take forever. I will wait for you. I have grow to love you so much and there is no going back for me. Because am certainly sure about how I feel. My heart seek for no one but you. Am ready to sacrifice everything in this world just for you. I may not be Adesewa, all i know is but we have one thing in common, and that thing is that we both love you... Unconditionally .

Me: I need some time alone.

I locked myself in and I began to think about peace words .

" no... peace you shouldn't have fallen in love with someone like me, you deserve someone better than me, am just an empty nut shell. All my feelings has died with Adesewa. I can't possibly love you, even if I want to... It won't be true. Oh God what am I to do. She's ready to die just to have me, I don't wanna hurt her by telling her that I love her. I don't want to lie to her. And I also don't want her suffer because of me. You have used her to assist me and am feeling somehow ungrateful. Teach me what to do lord "

I was carried away by an unexpected sleep, and not long had I close my eyes that I found myself in a beautiful garden. I saw Adesewa playing happily in the garden. The last time I saw her, she was planting the flowers but now the flowers are blooming.

Adesewa : my oriole. Do you love the flowers?

Me: of cos I do.

Adesewa : plug some for yourself.

Me: I rather watch it closely with my eyes.

Adesewa : you wanna know the secret of my flowers?

Me: yes. Tell me

Adesewa : all this flowers are planted by me, but it get to a stage that they began to wilted due to no rain, I prayed to God for a rain and God sent a rain to my Garden and that's why my garden are blooming.

Adesewa : what do you think will happen if it fails to rain

Me: the flowers won't bloom.

Adesewa : that's it. The flowers represent you and Ewatomi. And the rain it something you both need to bloom. And the rain will also be useless if it falls on just an empty ground. It will become a flood and be very useless . The joy of the rain is to see the flowers blooming. So the flowers and the rain are something not meant to be apart. Cos they finds joy in each other. Bye bye.

I woke up to realized that it was all a dream. I took a cold shower then head to the living. Peace and Ewatomi were both watching cartoon when I entered. So I joined in with them. A knock was heard on the door and Ewatomi head for the door. I heard her shouting as she jump at the person by the door. I wonder who the person might be, Ewatomi ran back to me saying. "Aunty motunrayo is here. "
Motunrayo entered with a man besides her in which am very sure will be her husband. I welcomed them in and they both sat on the sofa.

Me: its quite a while.

Motunrayo : abi ooo, your daughter is now more beautiful. Meet my husband Goke.

Me: good evening sir.

Goke : evening sir.

Me: yea meet my...

Ewatomi : my mom!!!

Peace : good evening ma, you can call me Peace.

Motunrayo : evening ma, am motunrayo, its nice to meet you ma.

Peace : the pleasure is all mine. Ewatomi told me about you and and really thankful for your care towards her.

Motunrayo : she's a very lovely girl.

Me: Mr Goke why don't you let us leave the ladies here and go to my mini bar over there and have some drinks.

Goke: that will be great.

While having drinks with Goke, we began to share some life experience and I found out that not every person you see smiling is really not having a happy life.

Goke: I like this wine, which brand is it?

Me: yea, its a very strong wine. Its a Romanian wine.

Goke : I thought as much cos am already feeling it in my body system.

Me: noooo we are just getting started.

Goke : I love your taste, its quite expensive.

Me: yea, there's a quote that says real men drink real wine.

Goke : and why did you drink.

Me: sometimes to clear minds from worries and to be happy. What about you.

Goke : I drink to forget about the world and my predicament.

Goke : yes, I have been married for more than 10 years now with no child. Its really something that tears my heart apart, I love my wife so much... We have gone for several check up, all what the doctors said was that nothing is wrong with us, we have tried traditional ways too but all never works. My wife always cry everyday just because she hasn't conceive. My families even make life miserable for her. I am the only one giving her hope everyday. But I don't how long this will last cos and already losing fate.

Me: hmm... You don't need to lose fate. I believe your wife will become pregnant at the right time. God is only testing your patience, be strong in your fate and miracle will happen soon.

Goke: thank you I really appreciate this.

Me : let have another wine.

(Peace and motunrayo entered the bar)

Peace : no no no. That's okay, we have prepare food, so stop the drinking and let go and eat.

Me: oh, but I still think will should finish this bottle before going. Or what do you think sir.

Goke : nice idea.

Me: so the drinking should continue.

Goke : with immediate effect.

Motunrayo : which immediate effect common let go and eat jor.

Goke: this women leave us alone na.

Me: oro won ti su mi ooo.

Peace : maybe you need me to drag you both from there.

Me: with that broom hand of yours?

Goke: I wonder ooo, OK let do it like this, let finish this cup then we will join you.

Motunrayo : nooo that one cup will turn to 20 cups now.

Goke : just one cup, you can't wait.

Me: opari niyen, odabo we are not eating again.

Peace : oya please.

Motunrayo :emabinu

Me: them don dey beg us.

Goke: Yoruba people will say ' omoale ni abe, ti ki gbo ebe'.

Me: yea that's true, they won at last.

Goke : abi na.

I was in my office one afternoon when my secretary told me that one of the company driver wishes to see me. I asked her to let the driver in and Gbenga entered.

Gbenga: good afternoon sir.

Me: oh its you, good afternoon. Have your seat please.

Gbenga: thank you sir.

Me: you said you want to see me.

Gbenga: yes sir, i have learnt one thing in this life and its to be appreciative of everything in this life. I really want to say thank you to you for everything you have done for my dad and I. You did all this even without knowing us, am really greatful.

Me: its nothing to be thankful of.

Gbenga: it is sir. Whenever I see you. You remind me of someone have hurt so badly in the past, I even attempted killing him but he was saved in a way I never understand. I was once a spoilt brat, that do have all things done all in my ways. My father planned for me to marry his friend daughter just because his friend was very rich and all his wills are on her daughter. So once I marry her, all the properties will all be mine. My father pushed me to this and my greed too. I never care about the happiness of the lady, all I care about is how I will have all the property in my possession. She was in love with another man, whose happens to be my barrier and obstacle. I made life miserable for him... But he later ran away with her. We searched for them but we found them not. My father had a fight with his friend during this time. He blamed my father that he was the one that let her daughter run away that he would have happily join her daughter together with the man he ran away with if not for him. He promised to join the two of them together whenever they come back, but they never did. I realized my mistakes some years back and I set out in search of the two of them. Just to tell them that they should return home and also to seek forgiveness. Till now, am still searching for them. I know one day I will come across them.

Me: hmm.... What is the name of the lady.

Gbenga: Adesewa.

Me: and her father.

Gbenga: he was a General, Adelaja by name.

Me: hmmn... Today is the day. You are speaking him.

Gbenga: as in?

Me: am the person you are searching for.

To be continued....

1 Like

Re: Adesewa by youngproov(m): 12:55am On May 20, 2018
ADESEWA

Episode 24

A love like you've never known, is closer than you ever think...

Gbenga stared at me in disbelieve. He pointed his finger at me, with his mouth wide open as if to say something but nothing came out from the opened mouth.

Gbenga : you are him?

Me: am not him, am Ayo.

Gbenga : sweet heaven!!! I found you!!!

Me: I guess you did.

Gbenga : I can't believe it, so you are Ayo? I thought I would never see you again.

Me : I guess God brought us back together.

Gbenga : Ayo please forgive me, I know I have wronged you but your forgiveness is all I needed. Am no more the same person I was, i have turned a new leaf. Have learnt my lesson in a very hard way. My happiness relies on your forgiveness, please forgive me.

Me: its okay, have forgiven you.

Gbenga :thank you so much. am really grateful, I can now be happy. whoever thinks I be someone begging for your help and forgiveness, but our God is a God of wonders, no one knows tomorrow.

Me : yea, that's how life is.

Gbenga : where is Adesewa? I want to see her and ask for her forgiveness too.

Me: em mm..

Gbenga : is she busy?

Me : not at all.

Gbenga : please I need to see her.

Me: hmm... Very well then. If you say you wish to see her... I will take you to her.

Gbenga : thank you so much, I wish she will forgive me the way you did.

Me: she has a softer heart than I do. And I think she would have forgiving you a long time ago.

Gbenga : I hope its true.

Me: get set and let go.

I drove him to the cemetery, he wore a puzzled face has he asked several questions all along the way.

Me : here we are.

Gbenga : here we are? She works here?

Me: No she lives here.

Gbenga : I don't understand?.

Me: We live in a tragic world where a cat dies out of curiosity, but humans die without a reason.

Gbenga : Ayo am not getting you

Me: that's Adesewa over there... That's her tomb.

Gbenga : What!!!

Me: hmm... She passed away immediately after given birth to our daughter.

Gbenga : oh no!!!

He fell on his kneels as hot tears roll down his face.

" Adesewa am sorry please forgive me, Adesewa please forgive me, am the reason why you left your father and run away, I was the reason why you had pains, I was the reason for your tears, I ruined your life with my selfish interest. Adesewa please forgive me... Am not worthy of your forgiveness but I want you to please and forgive me wherever you are" says Gbenga with tears in his eyes.
" its okay Gbenga, am sure she has forgiven you. You know one thing about the past...
The past can hurt but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it. Its getting late, Let go. " I said then I help him up to his feet.
We entered the car and I drove him home.

Gbenga : am so sad about Adesewa death.

Me: not as sad as I am.

Gbenga :Putting myself in your shoes its really a painful thing.

Me: yea it is. We both suffered together. I went through alot of hell... But she left when her time was up, there's nothing i could do. I don't know who to blame, is it God or death or Adesewa for choosing such a destiny to make me suffer. But all thesame.. She left something for me to look after. So I have to be strong. And hope for the future.

Gbenga : its so sad. Am really greatful for what you did for me today. I pray God will always forgive your sins.

Me: Amen.

Gbenga : will you come in and say hi to my father?

Me: you and your dad live together?

Gbenga : yes, you know we are struggling. The little help you did for us is the reason why we are still alive today. If not for that we would have been long dead.

Me : am scared of seeing me.

Gbenga: why?

Me : he is your dad. You know him well. You heard him saying he will kill me with his bare hands if he ever see me. So how do you expect me to face him.

Gbenga : leave that to me. He is a hard man but I know his weakness and i also know how to talk things right into is head.

Me: hmm... Maybe I will see in some other time, when you've talk things into his head.

Gbenga : well if that is the case, no problem.

Me: i rather be on my way , my daughter will be waiting for me.

Gbenga : oh its a she. What's her name?

Me: Ewatomi

Gbenga : hmm... Ewatomi. Adesewa named her right.

Me: yea before she was born, how do you know. You guess?

Gbenga : no I didn't guess.

Me: really?

Gbenga : yea, that was her mother name, she never get to see her mother. I guess she named her Ewatomi just for her to always remember her mother.

Me: I never know.

Gbenga : now you do. My regards to her.

Me: I will. Goodbye.

I drove home thinking about how Gbenga whom I knew to be an arrogant person changed to someone beyond my imagination. No one knows what the future holds. No one knows tomorrow.

I got home and I met Peace and Ewatomi playing hide and seek in the garden. And that reminds me of the last dream I had. The garden, the flowers and the rain. The dream still puzzle me. Ewatomi saw me and she ran to me.

Ewatomi : welcome daddy.

Me: how are you today.

Ewatomi : fine, fine and fine.

Me: good to know.

Ewatomi : yea.

Me: hi peace. How are you.

Peace : not bad. You are quite late today.

Me: yea, some things came up.

Peace : care to share.

Me: of cos, if I don't share it with you, who will I share it with.

Peace : hmm...

Me: yea... Wait a minute, are you blushing.?

Peace : what do you expect?

Me: like seriously. You are?

Peace : no am not.

Me: then why are you staring at the floor, why can't you look me in my eyes.

Peace : I can't.

Me: you can't?

Peace : yes.

Me: why?

Peace :I am scared of looking at you because the more I do, the more I fall in love with you.

Me: oh... There she goes again.

Peace :Words can’t express how much I love you. You are my love now and forever.

Me: oh... Now am the one blushing.

Peace : like seriously. You are blushing?

Me: no am not, its only Adesewa that can make me blush. I just imagine she's the one speaking.

Peace :Dont let the imaginary person in your head keep you from loving the real one right in front of you.

Me: imaginary you say?

Peace : yea.

Me: she's right here in my heart all the time.

Peace : God what kind of man is this.

Me: anything to eat?

Peace : go screw yourself.

Me: oh please, am damn hungry.

Peace : just leave me alone.

Me: are you angry?

Peace : so you expect me to be happy? You are hurting me. My feelings. You are making me look cheap.

Me: peace am sorry.

Peace : am going back to my house.

Me: is it up to that?

Peace : its more than that!!!

Me: please don't.

Peace : so you don't want me to go.

Me: yes... Ewatomi needs you.

Peace : exactly!!! She needs me the way I need you. Is it a crime to be in love? Don't you ever consider my feelings? I love you!!! Have never said that to any man before. You are the first person I will say that to, I put aside my pride as a lady and tell you right before your face that I love you. And all you ever care and think about is Adesewa. So you expect me to be happy. Tell me!!! Don't you have any heart!!! You are killing me by not loving me. Its just so sad.

Me: emm... Peace... Is.. not...

Peace : its okay. Don't say a word. You better go eat your food before its get Cold.

Ewatomi : mom, are you crying.

Peace : no my daughter , I mistakenly apply a balm on my eyes. It will soon dry up, so let go play.

She won't understand me, so I guess I need to understand her.
The unusual sleep came and I found myself in beautiful garden again.

Adesewa : my oriole, you look sad.

Me: yea my heart is troubled.

Adesewa : your heart needs not to be troubled. You didn't understand my garden secret. Do you?

Me: I don't.

Adesewa : the garden is you, the flower is Ewatomi. When the flower dies, the garden lost its beauty. And the rain its someone else who is to represent me.

Me: are you saying...

Adesewa : my daughter needs a mother.

Me: a mother...

Adesewa : if you didn't want the same fate I had for my daughter, find her a mother. I was brought up only by father. And so was my mother. But I don't want that for Ewatomi. She needs a mother love to survive. I might not be there to give her the mothers love, but the rain will. Find the rain.

Me: hmm...

Adesewa : The rain is always around you. Now promise me you will find the rain.

Me: I promise.

Adesewa : and one more thing.

Me: what?

Adesewa : home

Me: home?

Adesewa : you need to go back home. You have spent years in a foreign land. Its Time you go back home.

I was waken by the sound of my phone, I was too weak to pick it up so I just leave it ringing. Its rang more than twice, but my mind wasnt in the phone. I was thinking about the dream I just had.
" the rain and home" I said.
I was interrupted again by my phone, so I angrily check the caller and I found out that it was motunrayo.

Me: hello motunrayo.

Motunrayo : Ayo you won't believe it.

Me : what is it tell me.

Motunrayo : Am pregnant!!!

To be continued....

Adesewa is coming to an end. Stay tune for the finale episode.

2 Likes

Re: Adesewa by aprilwise(m): 6:41am On May 20, 2018
well done .
Re: Adesewa by teanumi(f): 1:01pm On May 20, 2018
we can't wait oo
Re: Adesewa by Ann2012(f): 1:08pm On May 20, 2018
Well done, I'm really enjoying d story
Re: Adesewa by tomgab(m): 1:13pm On May 20, 2018
Really touching story, I'll never forget this. as for your writing skills, just keep writing. One day you'll find the right result from your work
Re: Adesewa by Bdemmy4real: 4:42pm On May 20, 2018
Awwwww
Soo touching embarassed
Re: Adesewa by skubido(m): 7:10pm On May 20, 2018
Hmmm. Nice wan.

Tanks a lot for the update. Jah bless
Re: Adesewa by YoungBruzzy(m): 8:37pm On May 20, 2018
this is just great...
Re: Adesewa by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 20, 2018
Thanks a lot for the plenty plenty updates. God bless. Keep it up!!!
Re: Adesewa by devilmaycry1(m): 10:26pm On May 21, 2018
wow thank for the update o
Re: Adesewa by marvewhale(m): 12:08pm On May 22, 2018
You are really gifted guy. ride on
Re: Adesewa by princesshansy(f): 5:21pm On May 23, 2018
I really love ur story... Ride on plssss
Re: Adesewa by youngproov(m): 8:11am On May 28, 2018
ADESEWA
(Finale)

Episode 25

Every successful person has a painful story and every painful story has a successful ending. Accept the pain and get ready for success.

That was the wonderful news ever from a woman that has be barren for over 10 years. I wasted no time in sharing the news with Ewatomi and peace.

Peace : like seriously?

Me : she told me herself.

Peace : wao!!!

Ewatomi : aunty motunrayo is expecting a baby?

Me : hell yes!!

Peace : this call for celebration.

Me: absolutely, get me my car key, we need to go drink some champaign with them.

Peace : yes oooo.

We got there some minutes later, we found them playing romeo and Juliet all around the lounge They don't even notice our presence.

Me: excuse me sir, excuse ma, don't you think you two are too old for a wild goose chase?

Goke: wao, what a peasant surprise and to answer your question. Love don't grow old. Ours is has strong as a diamond. Nothing can break it.

Me: hmmm anyway we came Here to celebrate the great news together with you.

Motunrayo : thank you. my joy has no limit.

Peace : am so happy for you.

Goke : as you normally say, let leave the ladies alone and go have some drinks and also some men talks over there.

Me: after you sir.

We left the ladies to have some drinks, but after a while of non stop drinking, my bladder was full and I need to free up some space for the comfort of the body. I head to toilet to free up my bladder, on my way back I over heard the ladies saying some things,
" ladies and gossiping sha. " I said to myself. I stopped on my track when I heard my name from one of them, firstly i thought I being called on, not until I realize the gossip was centered on me. I hide myself behind the door and strain my ear well enough to hear them both.

Motunrayo : so what about the trick I taught you.

Peace : you know its wasn't really a trick. The only trick there was when I said am leaving him.

Motunrayo : and what was his reaction?

Peace : and your trick worked there. He didn't want me to go . He want me to stay.

Motunrayo : very good. One thing about men, they are easy to understand and easy to capture. Should I tell you something about ay.

Peace : yes?

Motunrayo : he love you, I can see it in his eyes. Its not that clear but believe me, he wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you. Tell him you are in love with someone else, wait and see his reaction.

Peace : no, I can't do that, I might lose him forever.

Motunrayo : no you won't, I will help you pIan everything, very soon he will be the one begging for your love after he realize how precious you are . There is this common quote that says we don't cherish what we have until we lose them.

Peace : you think it will work?

Motunrayo : its always work.

I slowly turn back to take my leave but I saw Ewatomi beside me. I was surprised to see her.

Me: Ewatomi what are you doing here.?

Ewatomi : the same thing you are doing dad.

Me: and what am I doing?

Ewatomi : don't pretend you don't know.

Me: I certainly don't have any idea.

Ewatomi : okay am just leaning by the wall, as you doing and straining my ear to the air.

Ewatomi : and what do we call that dad?

Me:exercising the ear, I guess.

Ewatomi : oh really?

Me: I think so. Or what do you think.

Ewatomi : I think its called eavesdropping.

Me: oh...yea, its a kind of exercise.

Ewatomi : now I know who I inherited the good hearing from. Its from your gene.

Me : am off to drinking.

Ewatomi : am off to telling her.

Me : wait a minutes, you wouldn't do that would you?

Ewatomi : only on one condition

Me : now you want to black mail your dad.

Ewatomi : the last time I checked, eavesdropping is a punishable offense by the law.

Me : oh ooo, now she's coating the law.

Ewatomi : are you in or not .

Me : seems I have no choice, okay let me hear you.

Months passed and I kept on having the same dream every day, I shared the dream with peace when Its getting too consistent

Me: that's it, the problem is am scared of going home, what will I tell her father. the last time I checked he was a General. He will kill me if I return without his daughter.

Peace : but you have his grand daughter.

Me: do you think that will prevent him from harming me?

Peace : hmm, I think so. And besides since all this years, he wouldn't have been the same man has you left him. Am very sure he will welcome you with open hands.

Me: hmm.. Am just scared.

Peace : you don't need to be scared. I will go with you.

Me: thanks alot.

Peace : and I also think, you will need a company of a friend.

Me: who?.

Peace : Gbenga.

Me: oh, I never think of that.

Peace : just speak with him.

Me: I will.

Peace : and one more thing.

Me: what is that?

Peace : the truth.

Me: truth?

Peace : you have to tell Ewatomi who her real mother is.

Me : hmmm... Have been thinking about that also.

Peace : lies can go for a thousand years but the truth will come one day. She needs to know who her true mother is.

Me : hmmm... I will see to that. Perhaps I should do that now.

Peace : should I excuse you.

Me: no, you should stay. You are also part of the family. I just don't know how ewatomi will receive the truth.

Peace : it will hurt, but it will hurt more if you delayed the truth.

I called on Ewatomi and she half run, half jump into the room with us.

Ewatomi : dad whats the problem?. You look worried.

Me : am fine...

Ewatomi : and you too mom you look sick.

Me : am not sick am okay. Your father have something serious to tell you.

Ewatomi : OK dad am listening.

Me: you see the lady in that picture .

Ewatomi : yea, what about her.?

Me: she is... Your mom.

Ewatomi : funny you. My mom is over here with me. Nice joke.

Peace : he is not joking... Am not your biological mother.

Ewatomi : please stop this joke.

Me : am sorry am just telling you now. Your mother passed away immediately after giving birth to you. Her name was Adesewa.

Ewatomi : I can't believe this.

Peace : that's the bitter truth Ewatomi. Am just your father friend.

Ewatomi : dad, I can't believe you lied to me.

Me: am very sorry.

Ewatomi : just leave alone me, I don't want to see you again.

She ran out of the room jamming the door behind her. I ran after her but she was quick to lock her room door behind her.

Peace : leave her, let her go. I will take it from here. She's probably angry, but her heart will soon be soft then I will speak to her. You just go speak with Gbenga.

Me :hmm mm, have never see her angry before.

Peace : its normal. Now we both have a job to do.

The following week I mentioned Gbenga to see me in my office. Few minutes later he arrived.

Gbenga : good morning sir.

Me : morning sir, please sit down.

Gbenga : and thank you for the promotion.

Me : oh forget that. I want to have some talks with you.

Gbenga : OK sir.

Me: am scared of going back home.

Gbenga : you needn't to be scared.

Me: what will I tell Gen Adelaja..

Gbenga : the truth, nothing but the truth. And besides he's been looking for you for years. Am sure she will happily receive you.

Me: what if he don't.

Gbenga : I would rather be optimistic.

Me: hmm mm...

Gbenga : least I forgot, my dad want to see you.

Me: your dad?

Gbenga : yea, I talk to him.

Me: and?

Gbenga : he needs you help to reunite him back with his friend, Gen Adelaja.

Me: oh.

Gbenga : don't worry, I will be by your side when you meet him.

Me : I pray all will go well.

Gbenga : it will.

Peace was able to change Ewatomi heart, but even after knowing the truth, she still call her mom.

So we set on the journey to Lagos. We were five in numbers. I, Ewatomi, peace, gbenga and his father. I was too scared to drive, so gbenga do the driving.
Around 4 pm in the evening we all arrived in Lagos. I took a deep breath of the evening fresh air blowing, then said to myself.
" its good to be home".
We first drive to Michael and taiwo house, but i found to my dismay that they have relocated to somewhere else. But we are able to get their new address from the new occupant. I will want the both of them to be by my side when I meet with Gen Adelaja.
We got to their new residence, with what am seeing, they are living quite rich.
We entered inside and we met the two of devouring eba like a hungry baboon. They still never leave their old ways. Even after being blessed with wealth, they still live the old ways.

Me: last don.

Michael : who am I seeing.

Taiwo: na who be dis?

Me: its me.

Both : A.weedy!!!

Me: Na me ooo

Michael : Aye mi. Na A.weedy be this ooo.

Taiwo: see as his face dey fresh.

Michael : guy I don miss you ooo.

Me : I do too.

Taiwo: where our wife dey na.

Michael : yea, where Adesewa.

Me: she's no longer with us.

Taiwo: wetin you mean na.

Michael : una fight?

Me: no... She has passed away.

Taiwo : Ina oooo!!!!

Michael : sango oooo!!!

Taiwo: how you take do am na.

Me: its a long story.

At the gate of Gen Adelaja, I said a little prayer then will all entered.
I saw the old General sitting on a plastic chair enjoying the evening breeze.
I hold Ewatomi by the hand and the rest followed behind .
On sighting me, he was shocked as if he's seeing a ghost.
"Good evening sir" I said. He looked at me with his mouth wide open. Then he rush forward and hug me. I very was surprised at his reaction, cos I wasn't expecting something like that from him.
" kabiru!!! Come over here my joy has arrived. go and make preparation for a party " he said to one of his guards.
I looked at him in expectation of my feared question. But it came later shortly after.
" where is Adesewa, where is my daughter " he said. I hold on to Ewatomi tightly and take a look at peace and the rest before speaking.
" she passed away immediately after giving birth to our daughter " I said with one mind and in expectation of the worst.
But I was surprise as I see the old man on his kneel crying. I felt a little compassion for him as I move closer to him and tried consoling him. After a while he speak up.
" is that my grand daughter " he said.
" yes, her name is Ewatomi. Ewatomi go meet your grandfather " I said as I push her forward to meet him. I watched as the both of them hug tightly.
" she look just like her mother, Adesewa. But its so sad that I will never get to see my daughter again. But am happy to see my granddaughter. Have always dream of seeing my grandchild. And now the dream is here. My days in this earth are very short. But before I say goodbye to this earth. Am willing everything I have for my granddaughter and her father. Ayo I want you to find it in your heart and forgive me. I treated you wrong and I regretted ever doing that. Please forgive me" he said.
" all is well sir, you didnt wrong me. You only gave me a life lesson and am greatful for that. " I said.
Gbenga father came forward and hug with Gen Adelaja. I know all their misunderstanding in the past would have been long forgotten.

A months after, I was in a big crowded and expensive dinner party, I ran a call through to peace telling her my location and where to meet me.
After waiting for an hour she showed up but beside her was a guy, holding her closely as if they are in for a date.

Me: hello peace. You are quite late.

Peace : yes, I have to wait for my man to bring me here.

Me : your man? You didn't tell me that you have a new driver.

Peace : funny you. He's not my driver . he is my man. Not a driver.

Me : oh...

Peace : his name is Gabriel. Gabriel meet Ayo... A friend.

Gabriel : how do you do?

Me : I do do.

Peace : if you will excuse us, we have a date.

Me : seriously?

Gabriel : as you can see, am here for a date with her.

Me: wao!!! This is awesome.

Peace : indeed.

Me: and very hilarious. I can't just stop laughing

Peace : I see nothing funny here.

Me: Mr Gabriel, am sorry to say this, but how much do they pay you for this soap opera.

Gabriel : pardon? Peace is he drunk. ?

Me: of cos not, perhaps it would have been better if am drunk. The question is how much do they pay you for the drama you are acting?

Peace : Ayo!!!

Gabriel : I have no idea about what you are saying.

Peace : Ayo!!! For crying out loud, you are embarrassing my man.

Me: please stop saying "my man" its sound too fake.

Peace : I don't have your time.

Me: really?

Peace : hell yes!!!

Me: ain't you scared of losing him forever?

Gabriel : what is he saying.

Me: you just don't worry she knows. Hmm... I heard everything.

Peace : as in?

Me: your conversation with motunrayo, the trick, the fake lover, everything.

Peace : oh my God.

Me : Is the soap opera still on? Mr Gabriel?

Gabriel : emmm...

Peace : you son of a bitch!! You screwed up all my plans.

Me: I will say you are being unfair this time.

Peace : it wouldn't have make any difference to you. Would it?

Me: hell yes!!! I won't be able to stand it.

Peace : huh?

Me: listen up everybody, can you all spare me just 5 minutes out of time. I got something to say to the woman infront of me. My apologies to does eating.

Peace : is this happening or am I dreaming?

Me: you just remain quite and let me do the talking. Mr Gabriel I need you to do the video man.

" I never have the opportunity to say this to Adesewa, but am happy I finally have someone to say this to.

I have a feeling
That I can comprehend
In my deepest thoughts your are
More than just a friend.

I wouldn't want to
Rush us now
As love we explore
But there's a growing love inside
That we just can't ignore.

I love the times we
Spend together. We are comfortable
And free. I think of you when we are
Alone. I think of you and me.

We have a share
Secrets to uncover. There’s more
To life then we will both discover.
I love you always.

I’ll love you when you're dumb,
I’ll love you when you're smart,
I’ll love you anyway you are,
Right from the start.

I’ll love you if you're tall
I’ll love you if you're short,
I’ll love you if you're pretty,
Or just an ugly dork.

I’ll love you if you're toothless,
I’ll love you if you're blind,
Anything that's wrong with you,
To me you'll be fine.

My heart is opening up now,
Unlike it used to do,
I see the pain that's in your heart
And sometimes I feel it to.

I’ll love you tomorrow,
I’ll love you today,
I’ll love you forever,
And forever always.

Peace I have few questions for you
And I only need a answer from you.
Peace will you be the mother to my daughter.?
Will you be the mother to my child to come?
Will you grow old with me?
Will you be my life partner?
Will you marry me? "

Everywhere was silent as the people all await a response from peace. And it came with tears and joy.
" yes! Yes! I will marry you " she said. I reached for her finger then insert in the engagement ring.
And right there in front of anyone who cared to look, we kissed.
Not long that we disengaged our lips, that a call entered my phone I check the caller and I see that it is motunrayo.
" perfect timing " I said to myself as I press the receive button.

Me: hello motunrayo.

Goke : this is not motunrayo, its Goke.

Me: oh Goke, guess what!

Goke : am too happy to guess right now.

Me: really? Good news travels faster. So you've heard?

Goke : Ay guess what?

Me: am also too happy to guess right now.

Goke: motunrayo has been put to bed.

Me: and?

Goke : she gave birth to a twins. A boy and a girl.

Me : you don't mean it!!!

Goke: its a miracle!!!

Me: baba ibeji am on my way.

A love like you have never known, is closer than you ever think...
"Adesewa have done all that you've requested me to do. I know you will be happy by now. But no matter how much tume passes.. You will always be in my heart. "

All is well that ends well. I got married to peace and we were blessed by two male child.

THE END.

Once again it is time to say a thousand thanks to everyone who has been so much a part of the journey of my story ADESEWA.
My gratitude is endless to you all. I love you all.
Another thanks goes to all the group members of "keeping you online " thanks for blooming the group with messages.
Also thanks to every member of nairaland that follow ADESEWA to the end. this platform is indeed a great one. thanks for your encouragement. And also thanks for reading my story.

I might I bleeped up along the way with my late post... Am sorry for that.
And till we meet again for another series of an interesting story... Goodbye for now.

5 Likes

Re: Adesewa by marvewhale(m): 9:07am On May 28, 2018
Nice Ending Boy
Re: Adesewa by skubido(m): 9:36am On May 28, 2018
Wow, nice ending. U too much

God bless u with wht money can buy and can't buy In Jesus Name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? / The Children Of Thunder / Getting Lost In Lust (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 212
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.