Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,980 members, 7,852,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:47 PM

Adesewa - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Adesewa (20406 Views)

Adesewa / [story] Sister Adesewa (true Life Story) _(episode 1- 17) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adesewa by cameeeeel(m): 10:03pm On Apr 28, 2018
Haba.. we need update boss.... More to ur ink
Re: Adesewa by youngproov(m): 10:41pm On Apr 29, 2018
ADESEWA

Episode 12

A love like you've never known is closer than you think...

Its been 3 years now since this incidence, I have completed my master degree and I was lucky to secure a good job at the airport and I was being paid well enough to cater for all my needings .
I changed my apartment then rented a comfortable two bed room flat.
Its been 3 years now and I still don't have the courage to tell Adesewa how i feel about her. I have been dying in silence all along. Most of the time, I planned expressing my mind to her, but I always end up saying something else.
My rival remain the same, since I came back to life, he has been scared of lunching another attack on me. I challenged him one day and that increased his fear towards me.

Me: hello gbenga, shock to see me?

Gbenga : you were dead.

Me: and now am no more dead.

Gbenga : how is that possible?

Me : ***grin*** I told you, you can't do anything to me. Now am giving you my threat. If you love your life so much, stay out of my line or else am gonna come after you. And its going to be a pay back. Understood?

Gbenga : yes.. Yes.. Yes

Me: very good.

One beautiful evening, I invited Adesewa over to my place for a dinner. With the aim of hitting the nail on the head. I spent hours preparing a very delicious meal after the food was done, I ran a call through to her and she arrived some minutes after.
I set the table and we began eating.

Adesewa : Ay don't tell me you prepared all this all by yourself?

Me: yes I did.

Adesewa : wao. Who taught you how to cook.

Me: mama does.

Adesewa : really? I would love to meet her one day. She will need to teach me too.

Me: oh

Adesewa: yeah... I never have a mother to teach me how to cook... I only learn how to cook through some cooking tutorials I watch on TV's. But it can never be like that of a mother.

Me: yeah I got it. Am sorry about that.

Adesewa: perhaps you could teach me.

Me: hmm... Am not really good at teaching, but for you I will say yes.

Adesewa : I trust you.

Me: yea... Adesewa I been wanting to tell you something for a very long time.

Adesewa : yea, what is it?

Me: I don't know how you will feel after you hear it.

Adesewa : just tell me first.

Me: its... I've been... Have you... I.. Mean... Do you like clubbing?

Adesewa : is that what you want to tell me?

Me: not really... Yes.. No... No... yes... No

Adesewa : what are you saying?

Me: No that's not it.

Adesewa: so what's it?

Me: I... I... I... Lov...

Adesewa : I love you too.

Me: ***surprise *** you mean you love me?

Adesewa : what took you so long?

Me: I was scared.

Adesewa : it obvious.

Me : I love you Adesewa.

Adesewa : I love you more ay.

Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life... Love gives us a fairly tale.
That was how the love story between I and Adesewa begins. The love like you've never known is closer than you think....
The love was so real and pure, so true but the circumstances surrounding us doesn't support our love. Gen Adelaja became a major threat for me. Starting from the day that he realize her daughter was in love with me. His attitude towards me changed. He began warning me to stay away from her daughter. If not for the fact that are daughter life was attached to mine he would have send me to another grave.
One day I visited Adesewa at home but I met Gen Adelaja instead.

Gen Adelaja : hey young man what are you doing here.?

Me: am here to see Adesewa sir.

Gen Adelaja : haven't I warn you to stay away from my daughter.?

Me: I love your daughter sir.

Gen Adelaja : will you shut up! If you ever say that, I will make sure you don't use that your mouth again!!!

Me: no one can stop me from loving Adesewa.

Gen Adelaja : maybe you don't get it. She is to be married to my friend son. Go look for someone else.

Me: she doesn't love him, she love me.

Gen Adelaja: will you shut up you demented bastard!!! OK may be I should put it this way. Am going to give you a check of 30 million and you will forget all about my daughter.

Me: am sorry sir you can't buy my love for Adesewa with money. My love for her is stronger than you could ever imagine.

Gen Adelaja : now I can see that you are very stubborn, if not for the fact that my daughter life rely on your life. I know what I would have done with you.

Me: I will be taking my leave now, tell Adesewa that I was here.

I was about exiting the compound when I collide with Gbenga, he was shocked to see me but I show no concern to him.

Gbenga : hey you, can't you apologize?

Me: for what?

Gbenga : are you blind? Don't you see me coming before you collide with me?

Me: you did physics?

Gbenga : yes what about it?

Me : you know of a collision theory under Newton's 3rd law?

Gbenga : so?

Me : very good. When two bodies moving in thesame direction, collided but did not stick together the formula giving is m1 u1 † m2 u2 = m1 v1 † m2 v2.

Gbenga : so what are you saying?

Me: since we did not stick together after collision, then we move in opposite direction making the formula m1 u1 – m2 u2 = m1 v1 + m2 v2.

Gbenga : meaning?

Me: meaning you should get lost you fool.

I made my way through him and head for the door.
I take the route that leads to my friends place and I update them with what the problems am facing.

Me: guys that's how it is ooo. Her papa no wan make I love her pikin ooo.

Michael : how can Gen Adelaja be so daft.

Taiwo : I wonder ooo.

Michael : that he plan on getting her daughter married to that lunatic of...

Taiwo: of a pig.

Michael : its just so absurd!!!

Taiwo : very ridiculous!!!

Me: na so I see am oo. So what do you suggest make I do?

Michael : don't stop loving her, let them do their worst.

Taiwo : I believe the love you guys share is going to make a way for you. Believe strongly in it.

Me : thank you.

Michael : we always got your back bro.

Me: thanks alot. I know I can rely on you.

Taiwo : what are friends for?

Month passed and my love for Adesewa keeps growing by the day. She visited me one evening , after we've both prepared dinner together. One things leads to other and I found myself kissing her. She disengaged her lips after a while. " that was my first kiss" she said. " really " I replied then I continue kissing her. The kissing upgrade to another level and I found myself undressing her...
And for the very first time in my life, I made love to a woman. All I have been having all my life was just sex based on lust not love. I disflower Adesewa that day and I empty everything in me in her. It was such a awesome moment I will always remember all my life.

A month later I was preparing for work when I received a call from Adesewa.

Adesewa : hello ay.

Me: yes my love.

Adesewa : I have two news for you.

Me: OK let me hear them.

Adesewa : a good news and a bad news. Which one will you like to hear first.

Me: tell me the bad news first

Adesewa : am to be engage to gbenga in a weeks time.

Me: hmmm... And the good news?

Adesewa : Am Pregnant!!!

This is just the beginning

To be continue...

What do you think will happen, let see who is reasoning the way I do. Pls comment something good. Am tired of seeing "next" it doesn't stimulate me for the next episode.

For those on WhatsApp. You can follow this link to join my story group on WhatsApp. Or you message me on this number 08105835201.

https:///3yf1EnhIAkx9jzLyFWirya

3 Likes

Re: Adesewa by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 29, 2018
I think he will ask for her hand in marriage, he would not want her to marry gbenga, since she is carrying his child. The child gives him an edge over gbenga. But when two parents are determined, you never know what may come out of it. The two parents will try as much as possible to get rid of the child (stumbling block to the engagement or marriage). So the decision lies with her father to choose - daughter's happiness or long time friendship. That is My opinion.
Typing this gave me a hard time, this is an indication that writing is not easy. Kudos to every writer out there!!! I hope i will be able to write one day. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Adesewa by YoungBruzzy(m): 12:49am On Apr 30, 2018
AY the sharp shooter.... We are watching you from high places... They just have to find means of breaking the news to general.. ��������

1 Like

Re: Adesewa by Ann2012(f): 7:53am On Apr 30, 2018
Tnx for the update
Re: Adesewa by youngproov(m): 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2018
ADESEWA

Episode 13

People who are meant to be together will always find their way back.
Sooner or later it wont all be about looks anymore, it will be about whats inside, trust, loyalty and honesty and finding true happiness.

"Why such a life . I was supposed to be the happiest man on earth but due to the situation on ground, my heart is heavily troubled by every seconds.
I was totally confused on what to do, Adesewa is carrying my baby, that was the good news ever... But her Father... What will he say when he knows. What will his reaction be? Now that he's about to betroth her daughter to Gbenga what will happen. I need to act fast. "

Immediately I head to my friends place and
explained the situation to them.

Michael : hmmmm... Am as confuse as you are Ay.

Taiwo : me too Ay. The matter on ground is very crucial.

Michael : Ay what do you think you should do?

Me: I don't know... I just don't know

Taiwo : what if General knows?

Michael : when will he not know? Tell me, when will he not know, pregnancy can never be cover, sooner or later it will show.

Taiwo : that's true, what if general asked her to abort the pregnancy?

Me: hun?

Taiwo : yes

Michael : No

Taiwo : yes

Taiwo : I say Yes

Michael : I say No.

Me: will you guys stop!!

Taiwo : so tell me why you say No?

Michael : why will you even think of such a horrible thing. Have you forgotten that she's his only daughter?

Taiwo : and have you forgotten that he's a General, trained to be heartless.

Michael : not with her daughter, everyman have a weakness. And that's the reason why Ay is still alive by now. If not for her daughter sake he would have eliminate him long long ago.

Taiwo : yea that's true. And what if he kidnap ay and...

Michael : and What?

Me: hey!! That's enough, I need you to advise me on what to do, I don't need all this that you are saying.

Michael : I would advise you to take the bold step.

Taiwo : that is crazy!!

Michael : No.

Taiwo : Yes

Taiwo : I say yes

Michael : I say No.

Taiwo : you expect him to confront that beast?

Michael : yes!!!

Taiwo : under the influence of tramdol or what?

Michael : okay tell me, if he don't what do you suggest then? .

Taiwo : I would suggest That... Adesewa should do that.

Michael : oh

Taiwo : she's in a better position to do that and if that doesn't work out then...

Michael : don't tell me you are thinking what am thinking?

Taiwo : absolutely

Michael : and its totally crazy

Taiwo : I pray it won't be a choice

Me: and what is that thing you guys are thinking?

Michael : its just a thought.

Taiwo : it won't come out from my mouth neither.

Michael : we were thinking...

Taiwo : maybe...

Michael : you...

Taiwo :should...

Michael : will you just shut up and let me say it.

Taiwo : I wasn't speaking

Michael : of cos you are.

Me: are you afraid of saying it?

Michael : absolutely...

Taiwo : not.

Michael : hun? I didn't mean to say not.

Taiwo : well I did.

Me: OK so what's it.

Michael : maybe you should just... Run away with Adesewa.

Me: What?

Taiwo : uh hun...

Me: ahh

Michael : I pray that won't be an option.

Me: am going, I need some time alone. But I love the idea of taking the bold step. Am not sure if Adesewa is strong enough to face him. And besides I don't want to stress her. She's heavy you know, and I don't want anything that will terminate her pregnancy. Am off to Gen Adelaja house To face my fate.

Michael : may God be with you.

I got to Gen Adelaja house feeling totally demoralized. I was shaking from head to toe. Luckily for me I met Adesewa at the entrance.

Adesewa : Ay, you didn't tell me that you are coming.

Me: yea, am here to see your Father

Adesewa : my father? For what?

Me: look Adesewa, I love you so much, I will not just fold my hands I watch you get married to that lunatic.

Adesewa : so you are here to...

Me: to claim you mine, you have my baby in your womb.

Adesewa : Ayo am scared. What if it doesn't happen the way you plan.?

Me : we can only be optimistic.

Adesewa : am afraid of loosing you and the baby to come.

Me: nothing will happen to us. Now let me go talk to your father.

Adesewa : I will be waiting for the outcome.

I kissed her then I head inside, I met Gen Adelaja reading a news paper in the living room. I greeted him and he answered.

Gen Adelaja : are you here to see my daughter again?

Me: no am here to see you.

Gen Adelaja : really? Has she told you that she will be having her introduction next week.

Me: yes she did...

Gen Adelaja : good that you know.

Me: and that's never going to happen.

Gen Adelaja : ha haha haha, you are making me laugh like a kid. Says who?

Me: says me.

Gen Adelaja : you guys are not right for each other.

Me:Don’t say we are not right for each other, the way I see it is …. we are not right for anyone else.

Gen Adelaja : you are still making me laugh. Anyway those muscles � of yours can be very useful in cutting fire wood. We need men to cut fire wood for the introduction.

Me: am not jobless, I have a good job.

Gen Adelaja : who say you are jobless? How much are you earning per month? Tell me?

Me: enough to take care of Adesewa and the baby.

Gen Adelaja :***laughing **** in your dreams perhaps. Wait did you just say baby? You are so funny, you are even planing an imaginary family.

Me: not imaginary.

Gen Adelaja : really?

Me: yes... Adesewa is carrying my baby.

Gen Adelaja : WHAT!!!

Me: yes, my baby is in her womb.

Gen Adelaja : this is not true!!! Adesewa can never be pregnant for you!!!

Me: she is. And that's why I said the introduction can never hold.

Gen Adelaja : You must be Crazy!!! ADESEWA!!!

(She answered from inside)

Gen Adelaja : ADESEWA, tell me that its not true.

Adesewa : it is. Am pregnant.

Gen Adelaja : what!!!

Adesewa : Yes!

Gen Adelaja : You just disgrace me!!!

Adesewa : I don't care anymore!!! You don't own my life!! Do you? I've been living by your rules all my life!! My future is mine and I have the right to choose who I love and whom to spend the rest of my life with. You say you love me and you are getting me married to that beast, someone that never care about me... Is that love? Father tell me? How I wish my mother is alive she would have understand me better. And listen dad, this child inside me and going to deliver it and there's nothing you can do.

Gen Adelaja : over my dead body!!!

Adesewa : you know what dad, have been silent with you all this while and that's because I love and respected you, anyone that want to come in between me and Ay. Am going to treat that person like an enemy. If you didn't support me, I will disown you as father then kill myself.

( after saying that, she ran inside her room, locking the door behind her)

Me : Adesewa ...

Gen Adelaja : will you shut up you demented fool.!!! Where are this boys self Kabiru!!!

( I soldier entered inside with us in the living)

Soldier Kabiru : yes sir!!

Gen Adelaja : take this fool and trow him away from my house, I don't ever want to see his leg here again!!!

Kabiru : yes sir!!!.

I sat down in my living room soliloquizing .
" oh God, why are things like this? Or Is this how you choose to punish me for my sins? Is it a crime to love a woman? God you and I know that I truly love Adesewa, I can't afford to see her in pain, God please I need your intervention in my Life, I don't want to lose Adesewa. Am just like a confused sheep show me the way. "

I heard a knock on the door so I stopped soliloquizing and head for the door. I opened the door to see Adesewa looking quite queasy.

Me : Adesewa what happened?

Adesewa : nothing just..

Me: just what?

Adesewa : I have been having sleepless night.

Me: oh...

Adesewa : how are you doing my love.

Me: not good.

Adesewa : you didn't go to work today why?

Me: yes I couldn't.

Adesewa : don't worry baby, everything gonna be all right.

Me: Amen. So how far with your dad

Adesewa : still the same, his heart is as hard as a rock.

Me: hmmm so the engagement is still holding.

Adesewa : gbenga's dad is still bringing yam.

Me : pathetic.

Adesewa : Ay can you do something for me?

Me: what is it?

Adesewa : do you really love me.

Me : more than you think.

Adesewa : I want you to do this for me and for the baby in my womb.

Me : anything you say.

Adesewa : I want us to run away.

To be continued...

Am sorry for not posting this yesterday due to some reasons. Pls accept my apology. Now back to story. Do you think running away is the solution? And also do you think Ay will quit his job, his life, everything just for the sake of love? This is a test of love. Let see who is reasoning the way I do. Are you thinking what am thinking?

For those on WhatsApp. You can follow this link to join my story group on WhatsApp. Or you message me on this number 08105835201.

2 Likes

Re: Adesewa by skubido(m): 7:43pm On Apr 30, 2018
To me i tink Running away will not help,, cuz she's pregnant already. Dey shld tink of another solution

Tanks a lot for d update. God bless

1 Like

Re: Adesewa by Iamfortune(m): 7:56pm On Apr 30, 2018
Wow, what a nice story, i think adesewa should talk to her father (in a more calm manner) and try to explain how and what she really feels. If her father truly loves her, all would be well if not then they can elope.

1 Like

Re: Adesewa by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 30, 2018
Running away is not a good option. But of them have to face it head on. They should go to Gbenga's dad informing him that Adesewa is pregnant, a reaction will follow which might help them or bring the worst. Thanks for the update. Expecting more.

1 Like

Re: Adesewa by youngproov(m): 9:55pm On Apr 30, 2018
ADESEWA

Episode 14

Sometimes you just have to run away... That doesn't make you a coward, neither does it make you brave, but there's always a difference between cowardice and prudence.

I never thought of running away with Adesewa, but the situation gave me no choice than to flee with her.

At Gen Adelaja residence, he broke the news to Mr falana, Gbenga's father but it doesn't goes well with him.

Mr Falana : am totally disappointed in you!!!

Gen Adelaja : please be calm

Mr Falana: don't tell me to be calm!! Is this our agreement? Tell me how the pregnancy issue came up.

Gen Adelaja : am sorry, she just brought shame on me.

Mr Falana : and who is that idiot that impregnated my son's wife?

Gen Adelaja : just a middle class guy...

Mr Falana : am going to make sure he regret this, I will castrate him life then kill him with my bare hands.

Gen Adelaja: No no no, don't do that, you don't have to do that.

Mr Falana : oh really?

Gen Adelaja : yes.

Mr Falana : you wait and see then.

Gen Adelaja : there's a way we can settle this.

Mr Falana : how?

Gen Adelaja : your son can still get married to my daughter.

Mr Falana : with that bastard in her womb.

Gen Adelaja : yes, I can't advice my daughter to abort the child.

Mr Falana : oh really?

Gen Adelaja : yes, if your son truly love my daughter, he will marry her the way she is.

Mr Falana : I don't think my son will want to.

Gen Adelaja : very well then. Let forget about the marriage and also the business deal.

Mr Falana : don't involve the business deal.

Gen Adelaja : of cos I will, our children union is the stamp. Without their union, no business deal.

Mr Falana : OK OK, I will find a way to talk to him.

Gen Adelaja : very well then. Let drink.

Fews days to the engagement, Gen Adelaja invited me to his house, I was shocked by the invitation but I go with an optimistic mind. I said a little prayer then I entered the building. I met him in the lounge with a glass of wine.

Gen Adelaja : hello my Boy.

Me: good morning sir.

Gen Adelaja : you will be wondering why I invited you here right?

Me: yes sir.

Gen Adelaja : good. Do you know the engagement will be holding in 4 days time.

Me: it will just be a normal Saturday.

Gen Adelaja: you think so? Well my daughter fiancee has accepted to take the full responsibility of the child in Adesewa womb.

Me: what?

Gen Adelaja : so the engagement will hold.

Me: that will never happen!!!

Gen Adelaja : have you for gotten who I am? You will be under house arrest if you dare try to interrupt the engagement.

Me: what if I?

Gen Adelaja : you won't want to know what am capable of. I will make you a living dead, you will wish you are dead but death will never come. I will paralyze you from head to toe, the only dynamic part in body will be only your eyes. Then in front of your very eyes. Adesewa will get married to gbenga. Don't push me to do this.

Me: I will take my leave now.

Gen Adelaja : go and never return.

Me : sure I will.

Immediately I exit the compound I head directly to my friends place. I was scared, troubled, confused and threatened. I need an advise on what to do. I can't just open my eyes and let another man raise my child. That will never happen.

Michael : Ay, there's fire on the mountain

Taiwo : a very big trouble.

Me: what do you guys suggest I should do?

Michael : I think...

Taiwo : the only way out is...

Michael : to listen to Adesewa.

Me : I haven't give so much thought about what she said.

Taiwo : I think you should.

Michael : the way I see it... That's the only way out.

Me: to run away?

Taiwo : yes.

Me : where will I start from?

Michael : no... You start a fresh

Me: hmmmm....

Michael :if someone is truly worth having in your life, you will go through anything to keep them there.

Me: hmm mm...

Taiwo : you have to do this or else you will lose everything.

Michael : completely

Me: hmmm..

Taiwo : you need to act fast, time is precious.

Me: thank you, I need to go now, I need to contact Adesewa.

Michael : okay, let us know as soon as you made up your mind.

Me: catch you later.

I left there and head home directly, to my out most surprise, I met Adesewa at my place.

Me : Adesewa what's wrong? You seem a little edgy

Adesewa: am losing you.

Me: No you won't.

Adesewa : I eavesdropped on my dad and Gbenga's dad today, they were discussing on how to get rid of you.

Me: hun?

Adesewa : its horrible, you wouldn't want to hear it. Ayo please we need to act fast.

Me: yes...

Adesewa : so?

Me: have gave in so much thought about what you said.

Adesewa : so?

Me: we are leaving tonight.

Adesewa : thank God, I love you so much dear.

Me: so how will you do it?

Adesewa : I will go home right now and pack some few things. I will be back when the day break.

Me : okay I will be expecting you dear.

I kissed her and she hurriedly go out. I entered my room and began packing some few things. I texted my friends about the latest development and they replied saying they will join me soon.

My friends arrived 10 minutes later and they help me pack some of my loads. Michael know of a driver, he called him and he bargain with him, he arrived in less than 30 minutes and my loads were packed to his car. Then we began waiting for Adesewa.

Exactly 11:30pm Adesewa arrived, I rushed towards her and hugged her passionately

Me: what took you so long.

Adesewa : its a long story, my father men are following me up and down, it wasn't easy deluding them.

Me: so how do you do it.

Adesewa : am a woman, have you forgotten?

Me: oh

Michael : lover birds, I think its time you go.

Taiwo : am sad to see you go.

Michael : its hurt me

Both of them couldn't hold back the tears. They try hard to hold it back but they failed. Tears were also running down my face too. Its sad to leave my best friends behind.
" taiwo and Michael " I said, " am very sad to leave you, but I need you to be strong for me, when we are gone General Adelaja will come after you two, he will torture you, torment you. Just for you to say our location, I need you to be very strong for me... Am sorry I will bring you so much pain, but no matter the distance between us our friendship will still be has strong as ever. Thank you so much for being a part of my life. Without you, life wouldn’t be so wonderful. As a great friend once said, if someone is truly worth having in your life, you will go through anything to keep them there. And now its the time to say goodbye. We will let you know of our location once we settle down. Goodbye "
We hugged each other tightly and I bade them farewell.We left the town that night to an another state in the east. To start a new life...

To be continued...

3 Likes

Re: Adesewa by skubido(m): 10:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
Gangan, intermission.

1 Like

Re: Adesewa by devilmaycry1(m): 10:47am On May 01, 2018
intermission 2 adesewa
Re: Adesewa by Ann2012(f): 7:51pm On May 01, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: Adesewa by samlog(m): 9:36pm On May 01, 2018
Intermission how will he cope in a new environment with a pregnant wife.....
Life will be Abit difficult for them. But with love for themselves, they will scare through
Re: Adesewa by tomgab(m): 6:29am On May 02, 2018
Sometimes you just have to run away... That doesn't make you a coward, neither does it make you brave, but there's always a difference between cowardice and prudence.

That's the simple truth. Run, live a worthy life and General will come begging. Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Adesewa by youngproov(m): 7:07am On May 02, 2018
ADESEWA

Episode 15

Love is not what you expect. It is not a bed of roses, its not a cup of tea, it’s a path full of thorns and a lake of fire.

Running away was the only option left, I could stay and lose Adesewa or run and have her. So I choose to flee. We have nothing to guide us both the love we shared.

We arrived at jos, exactly 10 o'clock in the morning, it was a beautiful sight for us, neither of us has been there before , the city was surrounded with hills and mountains and the weather was quite favorable.
" Adesewa, welcome to a new world " I said trowing a smile at her.
" yea, a world with the only man I love. That's all I ever dream of". she said.

it is a miracle to love a person who cannot love anyone except you. Adesewa is that person that show me what love really is.
No matter which stage of life you are at. If you are in love, it will keep you young and energetic.

We lodged at a hotel the first week of our arrival, then I later secure a self contain apartment which we later moved in the following week. I have some little savings and Adesewa also have some amount of money in her account, the little money we have helped us alot. I was able to buy some food stuffs in the house and also buy some needed things.

A month after our arrival, I set out to look for a job, the money we had left can barely feed us for a month, things are quite expensive and as a man, I need to work and feed my home.
I began going from one office to another, attending different interviews, tendering my certificate where needed be. I wrote a lot of applications but I got no reply. I was worried but Adesewa was always there to cheer me up. She's such a wonderful lady.
I went for an interview one day and I came back feeling totally bad. Adesewa welcome me home with a smile but my mind was very heavy.

Adesewa : my love what's wrong? You seem a little edgy.

Me: its about the interview.

Adesewa : how was it?

Me: it was a wash out.

Adesewa : am sorry dear, everything will be alright.

Me: Adesewa tell me when it will be alright. Am jobless how will I be able to take care of you and the baby to come.

Adesewa : my love, when there's life there's hope, don't be devastated. Even if you don't have a job yet, that will never change my love for you. I believe God will soon answer our prayer. So cheer up my dear.

Me: am so bless to have a woman like you.

Adesewa : and am happy to have a loving man like you.

Me: I love you so much Adesewa.

Adesewa : l love you too Ay. I prepared rice, let's go and eat together.

Me: where do you see money to prepare food?

Adesewa : you don't have to worry ayomi, let go and eat first you must be very hungry by now.

Me: Adesewa you are amazing

Adesewa : please, am not good at blushing.

Me: I know I can see it all over you.

Adesewa : hmmm... Ay let go and eat before its get cold.

We ate together in the same dish and we gisted throughout the day. The love was just so perfect, with no flaws. We are the real definition of true love, some say true love don't exist. But I believe true love still does. Adesewa was my first love and I was hers. She showed me what love really is. And it was a beautiful thing entirely.
I will walk up to her in the kitchen and cuddle her from behind, she will smile then place a kiss on my lips. Every night before going to bed, we do have a pillow fight. Kiss endlessly... Woke up in the morning to find her will a smile and a cup of tea for me. Sometimes she would wake up very early to prepare food and wake me up with a kiss. Our love was just so perfect. The only hassle was me not having a job. But the love we shared doesn't make me feel it.

After searching for job for so long, I quited the search for good job and engaged myself in some minor jobs that fetch me little money. I work as laborer, as brick layer. I do whatever job that will earn me money. The only thing I can't do is to steal.

Its been 3 month now, I tried contacting my friends but I've lost contact with them. I tried every means of contacting them but all my effort to contact them failed.

The child inside Adesewa is now 3 month old and with the little money I earn, I began buying some babies baby wares.
On a beautiful evening, I came back home to meet my beautiful Adesewa doing some house chores. I was lucky to earn more than the usual earning, so I bought her a romantic novel since she was found of reading novel. I crept saliently behind her and cover her eyes with my hand. " guess who? " I said in a masculine voice. " the one that owns my heart " she said. I uncovered her eyes then I kissed her. " how do you know " I said.
" well you tried changing your voice but you didn't change your body scent " she said.
" hmmm... You cheated, but guess what again? " I said.
"Hmmm... Am not good at guessing " she said.
"I bought you a novel " I said putting on a big grin.
" woa!!! Really. I love you so much dear " she said while trowing herself on me.
" my turn now guess what " she said looking directly in my eyes.
" you know am also bad at guessing so tell me " I said.
" okay I compose a poem for you " she said with a smile.
" wao!!! I would love to hear it " I said with a childish grin. "titled 'in my heart' Here it goes " she said.

"In My Heart

In my heart,
I hold your love close,
It's your love that I need the most.
I sit here as I watch the sunrise
In the morning dew,
I see the tip of it looking like a flame,
As I'm feeling this burning love for you.
I sit here alone with all my thoughts of you,
Watching the sunlght begin to fill the room.
Thinking of our future,
And all the things that we will do,
You holding me in your arms,
Your heart beating against mine,
As we get lost in time.
As I dream of that distant place,
Where you will always be mine.
In my heart you will always be,
The one, the only one for me!
I don't look forward going through the day,
Knowing you're not here with me.
Thinking of the endless hours,
And the days dragging by.
Why does it have to be this way?
I have a wish for you and me,
And I hope that the good Lord grants it,
For you see,
I wish that you would bring your love to me.
In my heart,
You will never leave,
So I don't have to grieve,
In my heart,
You're my only one,
And I want you with me always,
Till all our days are done."

I was lost in the ecstasy of her voice, she said everything so smoothly, I was just blushing over and over.
" Adesewa that was awesome, I never knew you have a talent like this " I said with a smile on.
" now you know my love " she said.
"You know something my love, I knew it from the very first moment, when I saw your eyes and your cute smile, that you are mine and only mine. " I said.
" really? I never knew I could change a bad boy like you " she said with a smile.
" Love for me was just like a fairy tale. But when I found you I realize how real it is with actual happy ending. Adesewa I want to remember each and every moment we have spent together. They are like beautiful dreams I ever have." I said then I put my lips on hers and we kissed.
" what will you like to name our unborn child? " she asked after disengaging her lips from mine.
" if its a boy, I will name him Romeo , funny isn't it? But if its a girl you will name her first. " I said looking at her in expectancy.
" I will name her EWATOMI". she said

To be continued....

2 Likes

Re: Adesewa by youngproov(m): 7:10am On May 02, 2018
ADESEWA

Episode 16

The most beautiful and amazing feeling on earth is love…but the most painful and dreadful feeling is losing that love.

The love between I and Adesewa is beyond human imagination. We were just made perfectly for each other. Even with our current conditions, we were still as happy as ever.

I came back from work on a hectic evening, I met Adesewa preparing food in the kitchen, I tip toe silently to her, I was about covering her eyes when I heard her saying something. I stopped along the way then burst into a laugh.
" I can smell your scent at a miles away, so stop walking like a cat " she said. I hugged her from behind then whisper silently into her ear. " you always got me, but today am almost close, I think I will try harder next time. "
She looked at me then smile. " even if you try harder than this, I will always know its you. " she said.
I kissed her then I move my hand down to her stomach.
" how are you and our baby " I said.
" we are both fine " she replied. " how was your day? " she asked.
"Never better, I know all will be well one day " I said then I head to the bathroom to have a shower.

Its been 6 months since we arrived in jos, in less than 3 month we will be expecting our child. Apart from the job difficulties, Adesewa do faces some little challenges also. Blessed are the beautiful, for they shall be disturb. Blessed are the uglys, for they shall not be disturb. Even With her present condition some crazy dude will still approach her and then be lamenting marriage proposal . I wonder why some men doesn't have any sense of humor.
I was lucky to caught one of them, I was in the room ironing some clothes while Adesewa was at the back yard grinding pepper. All of a sudden I heard a masculine voice calling on Adesewa, I peep on the window and I saw our landlord son gallivanting around Adesewa, I studied him for a while then listen carefully to what he was saying to Adesewa. After a while of insipid talks from him, he began making some silly move on Adesewa. At this very point, I came out from my hiding point and pounce on him like a cock mating with a hen. I beat him black and blue, he never get a chance to lift a hand in defense or retaliation, he was just screaming under me .I don't know where I got then strength to beat him, because He was stronger than I am. But when you are fighting for love, you will be the strongest person on earth. Love always win.

Back at Gen Adelaja residences, things are not quite well, he has sent for taiwo and Michael to be arrested and they where being tortured badly.

Police officer : if you did not tell me right now where your friend took Adesewa to, I will use this gun to pieces your head.

Michael : ha Oga olopa, I swear I don't know.

Taiwo : I don't know where they are ooo.

Police officer : so you think am here to play with you Abi.

Michael : who will want to play with you before.

Taiwo : Oga olopa, if you want to kill me, kill me. Cos what am telling you is the truth.but Before you pieces my head. Give me food to eat first, am starving.

Michael : and me too.

Police officer : and you think I will give you food?

Taiwo : yes na.

Police officer : oh really? What make you think so?

Taiwo : because they said police is our friend.

Police officer : nonsense!!!

Michael : show some hospitality please.

Police officer : it seems you don't know what you are into. I will make sure both of you rock in jail!!!

Michael : for what na? Do you have any evidence against us?

Taiwo : help me ask him ooo.

Police officer : will you shut up!

Michael : I will not shut up.! Ah! do you Think we are illiterate?

Taiwo : am a graduate for crying out loud.

Police officer : will you shut up!!

Taiwo : stop saying we should shut up!! We have the freedom of speech.

Police officer: your freedom of speech ends here, by the time they torture you both very well, you won't have mouth to talk again. Sergent Dada!! , deal with them.

Since Adesewa wrote me a poem, I really love it and i planed surprising her back with a poem also . I wasn't good at writing poems, but whatever that will make my Adesewa surprise and happy, am ready to go far for it.
After alot of tireless attempt, I was able to compose one. I memorized it off hand then search for a perfect time to recite it for her.
After dinner one evening, she was lying her head on my laps, and was slowly caressing her hair.
" Adesewa, I have something for you " I said.
"Really? What is it " she asked. I smiled at her then kiss her forehead.
" its a surprise " I said.
" a surprise? " she said.
" you just stay calm and listen to me" I said.

" Adesewa temi nikan so so,
Ife ti mo ni sio sowon,
Ife bi eji owuro,
To fun fun lele lowo,
Iwo ni enikeji mi,
Eni ti okan mi fe

Ife re ti pami bi oti ojo pe
Ife re tutu lokan mi bi omi ajipon
Ife ti mo ni sio po gan
Ife otitio
Ife ti ko labawon

Iwo ni eni ti okan mi yan
Ore mi
Ife mi
Okan mi
Iwo ni adun aye mi
Ato na mi

For the first time in my dismal life
I feel love flow in my heart
the same heart once thought cold and lifeless
fills with glorious joy and happiness
because of a woman
whose spirit is full of passion
her eyes that shine like sapphire stars
filled with warmth and beauty
a smile that brings happiness to my sad existence
I have never known love until now
because of the way she touched my heart
took hold of my depressed soul
and showed me the beauty of life's wonders
everything that I thought impossible
all seems to be within my grasp
I see everything in a new light
because of something I thought unworthy to feel
to feel love's tender kiss
and I bask in its beauty so
because of the feelings of a woman
whom I would love now and 'til
my heart beats its final note to life's great song.
Adesewa I will forever love you.

I think I got her surprise this time, she jumped on her feet then hug me passionately. She needn't to say anything, her heart says it all.
Love is the only feeling in which no words is required.
"I'm not sure what life could bring,
I'm not sure if dreams come true,
I'm not sure what love can do,
But am very sure about one thing.
And that is - I love you a lot! " she said then we kissed.

Faith makes all things possible. Hope makes all things work. Love makes all things beautiful.

I and Adesewa were in a beautiful world of our own. A world with true love. Since Adesewa time is nearby, I began doing all the works in the house, I will wake up very early in the morning and prepare food for her, tidy the house, fetch her bathing water then I will head to my working place. I also do wash her clothes, she didn't like the idea of me doing all the house chores. But I also can't watch her doing the works with her ball belly.

On a beautiful Wednesday evening, we were both in the kitchen preparing our dinner, actually am the one doing the cooking and she was doing the talking.

Adesewa : Ay can you believe that ever since you deal with that slot, he has been keeping his distance.

Me: you mean our landlord son?

Adesewa : exactly

Me: that's a good news. Anybody else disturbing you?

Adesewa : I got 50 more.

Me: you got to be kidding me.

Adesewa :***laughing *** am only kidding.

Me: I thought as much.

Adesewa : Ay have been thinking about my dad.

Me: huh?

Adesewa: yea, have never be away from him this long. I don't know how he is feeling right now.

Me: he denied you of true happiness.

Adesewa : yea I know, I have once disown him has my father... but I have forgiven him.

Me: yea you have to, cos he pushed you to run away. Am happy that you have forgiven him. That's why I love you.

Adesewa : have been thinking of giving you a pet name, I don't like calling you Ay anymore.

Me: really? So what's the pet name you wanna give me

Adesewa : hmmm... I don't know yet. Maybe I should call you Mine

Me: ummm.. Wao and I will call you Lilly.

Adesewa : thank you , am feeling dizzy I want to lie down.

Me: okay, do you need help?

Adesewa : no am OK.

I observed her for a while, she was lying but very restless.
" are you sure you are okay? " I asked.
" get me a water " she said. I was on my way to get her water when I heard her screaming. I ran back to her.
" Adesewa what is it? why are screaming " I asked with a shaking voice.
" I think the baby is... Ahhhh.. The baby, the baby " she said in voice full of pain.
" stay calm am going to take you to the hospital " I said then I quickly run inside am pack some things

At the hospital, I wasn't allowed to go in with Adesewa to the labour room, so I stayed outside impatiently and praying. Whenever I see a nurse I will approach her then ask about Adesewa, but non of then give me a satisfactory answer.
After some time the doctor came out.
" are you Mr Ayo? " he said. I answered him back with several yes.
"Your wife gave birth to a female child" he said. On hearing this I jumped up then hug the doctor.
" but sir.. " he said
" what is it sir " I asked immediately.
" your wife lost alot of blood... We tried our best... am sorry we lost your wife. " he said.
I look directly at him. " I don't get you sir" I said.
" I mean your wife is no more " he said.

To be continued....

Am sorry

1 Like

Re: Adesewa by teanumi(f): 8:02am On May 02, 2018
chai....why u kill adesewa naaah she better wakes up in ur next update......u re doing a great job thumps up

1 Like

Re: Adesewa by skubido(m): 8:33am On May 02, 2018
Haaaaa, die ke, wahala dey oooo.. C gobe..

1 Like

Re: Adesewa by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 02, 2018
Thanks for the update. Thumbs up.
Re: Adesewa by tomgab(m): 9:33pm On May 02, 2018
No no no no no, Adesewa cannot die o, it just have to be a dream, once adesewa dies, the story becomes meaningless
Re: Adesewa by Princiology(m): 9:44pm On May 02, 2018
This is undoubtedly one of the best novellas on okadabooks! It also here on Nairaland. Check it out, and share some love!

http://www.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_incredible_journey_/18004

Re: Adesewa by Princiology(m): 9:47pm On May 02, 2018
We do have Incredible writers in Nigeria. Keep it up! cool grin
Re: Adesewa by youngproov(m): 11:22pm On May 02, 2018
tomgab:
No no no no no, Adesewa cannot die o, it just have to be a dream, once adesewa dies, the story becomes meaningless

I don't think so. the journey of life are always not straight
Re: Adesewa by youngproov(m): 7:40am On May 03, 2018
ADESEWA
(Darkest days)

Episode 17

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I’d walk right up to Heaven and bring Adesewa back to life again.

A week after, I sat down alone in the living room with Ewatomi sleeping beside me, I was staring at Adesewa picture and tears were running down my face.
" oh death... Why do you took away my only source of joy, the only reason for my happiness. You took away my love, the only woman I ever loved. Why!!! Adesewa you didn't promise me this. You promised to always be by my side. You promised to raise this child together with me. But you broke your promises, you left me behind with our daughter. You left us!! Adesewa why? Should I blame death for taking you away or you for breaking your promise!!! How do you expect me to survive without you? You are the only reason that keeps me going. Now you are gone. Am finished!!! My life is finished!!! You expect me to take care of Ewatomi alone? Adesewa its not fair, this is not fair!!! Ewatomi needs you, I need you Adesewa!!! My heart is shattered Adesewa, my heart is worn. There's nothing left in me. Am just an empty soul without you. Death why are you so wicked, you took away Adesewa at the very time I needed her most. Adesewa what do you expect me to tell your dad? You left me alone in this strange town. I have no one here except you. Now that you are gone, am all alone here with Ewatomi. Only if I could turn back the hand of the time, may be I could make things right... "

I lied down on the chair thinking about Adesewa then all of a sudden I found myself in a beautiful garden, I saw Adesewa plugging some apples. I approached her immediately. " Adesewa what are you doing here let go home " I said.
"Ayo why are you so sad? " she said." Don't be sad Ayo, I didn't wish to die, but that was how I was destined. I left you, but I left someone behind for you, she's my duplicate, take care of her for me, be strong for our daughter, you are all she got. I can't change my fate. Its my time that was up. You might not have me with you there, but you have my love and Ewatomi to look after. wake up now my daughter is crying. "

I woke up to found Ewatomi crying loudly, I quickly carry her and pet her to stop, she didn't stop the cry so I reach for her food. I gave her the food then she stopped crying. I looked into her eyes. she look exactly like Adesewa. Some drops of tears run down my face but I quickly wipe it off.
" welcome to the world Ewatomi, your mother might not be here with us, but I promise to always be there for you. " I said then I kiss her forehead.

When the going get tough, the tough get going. Its been a year that Adesewa died, but its always look like yesterday to me. Since Adesewa died, things has been very difficult for me. I have no one to leave Ewatomi with, so I will tie her at my back then head for my bricklayer work. This go on for some months. I was called aside by my boss one evening. His name is Mr daudu, he happens to be a tough man that have no pity or compassion on any human being, he only believes in working hard.
I was feeding Ewatomi her food when he called me aside.

Mr daudu : I can't continue seeing you like this.

Me: like how sir?

Mr daudu : you can't be feeding child and be working with me.

Me: but you know her mother is no more and there's no one I can leave her with.

Mr daudu : I don't care. You will have to choose between this job and that child. Choose one.

Me: ha Oga please don't do this.

Mr daudu : take this five thousand and leave here. I don't need a baby sitter in this bricklayer work.

I collected the money and left there with tears, that was my only source of income and now its gone. I walked back home with Ewatomi in my arms, no sooner had I stepped inside the house that the landlord banged in without knocking.

Me: ha Oga landlord good afternoon.

Landlord : hold your greetings, I need them not.

Me: Oga landlord are we fighting?

Landlord : we are going to combat if care is not taken.

Me: Oga landlord kilode?

Landlord : kini ko de? Your house rent is due since 6 month ago. And you are asking me kilode? Fila lo de.

Me: Oga landlord sebi I told you that I will pay your money.

Landlord : am tired of all this!!! Am giving you the grace of this week. If you didn't pay my money this week, I will trow your load outside you this destitute.

After he left, I put down Ewatomi and pet her to sleep. I sat on the floor and began reminiscing about the old good days, tears were falling down my eyes as Adesewa picture flashes back my mind. I remember how she do comfort me whenever am losing hope. I remember the moment we spent together, the memories were hurting me badly. I felt like dying but I couldn't because of Ewatomi. Who will take care of her if I die. I made up my mind to search for another job the following day. I felt hungry and I check the house for food but I found non except for Ewatomi pap. I lied on the floor and sleep with an empty stomach.

The following day, I woke up as early as 6 am, bath for Ewatomi, change her napkin then tie her on back. I head for the market with her in search of any job or work. After walking for like 3 hours with no sign of vacancy, I rested under a shop and began thinking of what to do. Beside where I am was a wheel barrow. The wheel barrow was for renting business. an idea quickly struck my brain, I could rent this wheel barrow and be using it to transport goods for people in the market. Immediately I rented the wheel barrow then head inside the market. I found a woman standing by the road side with some goods beside her so I approached her.
" excuse me Ma, can I help you carry your goods to where you are going " I said.
" no problem, but are you going to carry this load with this child at your back. " she said.
" she will be fine ma" I replied. She look at me for a while then she gave me the go ahead signal. I was so happy. I quickly take the load on the wheel barrow then push it forward. I drop the load at her destination and she gave me five hundred naira. " am suppose to give you two hundred naira but because of the poor child you are carrying am giving you five hundred naira, buy food for her " she said and I thanked her. I went back to the Market to continue the business. I found many customers that day and most of them give me additional money because of Ewatomi. I went back home that day with some little money and I was able to buy some food for myself and Ewatomi.
This continue for a week and I began getting famous in the market. I returned home one evening to found my loads outside, my apartment has been lock with another padlock. The landlord step outside with his son beside him.

Landlord : I gave you only a week grace and the week is up.

Me: Baba landlord, I swear I will pay your money. Am still gathering it.

Landlord : you are still gathering what? For your information, I have already rented this your apartment out to someone else, do yourself a favour by packing your loads away from here.

Me: ha baba landlord please don't do like this. Just give me a week more.

Landlord : a week what? I said have rented it out. Are you deaf?

Me : baba landlord, e se anu mi. I have no where to go.

Landlord: how is that my business, common get lost from here.

I pleaded with him but he turn deaf ears to my pleadings. I head back to the market in search of a place to sleep but I found non, so I spent the night with Ewatomi under the bridge, the cold was much but I cover her with all the cloth to prevent her from having cold. I couldn't sleep all the night, I was scared of the unknown but God watch over us and nothing bad happens to us.
The following morning I was able to secure an affordable room apartment at the rate of one thousand naira per month. It wasn't a good place but its better than sleeping under the bridge. I continue my pusher business and within a month I become popular and most people do prefer me to any other pusher . Ewatomi was a blessing to me cos I do get extra money because of her. Little do I know that have started to have enemies. Since most people prefer me to any other pusher, I began having enemies among the others.
I was challenged by one of the pusher one day, he name was dragon. People do call him dragon because of his eyes which were as red as a fire.

Dragon : hey you stop there.

Me: are you talking me?

Dragon : no na your father. Idiot.

Me: am sorry I didn't know.

Dragon : don't follow me speak English abeg no be only you go school.

Me : OK sir. Can I go?

Dragon : Abi sango want to kill you ni? I dey follow you talk you wan dey waka. Koni da fun e.

Me: am sorry.

Dragon : I just wan warn you ni ooo.

Me: am I in trouble ?

Dragon : since you join this business, you don spoil all business for us. Abi you dey use our Glory ni?

Me: no sir

Dragon : make you hear wela, you don dey pass your boundaries, if you no give your self brain you will regret joining this business. Now leave my sight.

I quickly move away from him as my leg could carry me. After the day break I returned back home with Ewatomi, I noticed that Ewatomi has been crying more than the usual the whole day and she hardly eat the food I gave her. When I got home I bath for her and I found out that her body temperature is high. On observing this I quickly rush her to the hospital. We got to the hospital and a nurse attended to her. After waiting for anout 20 minutes she came out.

Nurse : are you the father of Ewatomi?

Me: yes I am.

Nurse : you daughter is suffering from a maleria fever, but what took you so long to bring her here.

Me : am sorry nurse, I didn't notice when I should have.

Nurse: where is her mother.

Me: hmm... She left us.

Nurse : Ehya some women are so wicked.

Me: thank you so how is she feeling?.

Nurse : she will be fine just pay your bill and always bring her here every evening for check up.

Me: OK, thank you.

I pay the bills and Ewatomi was discharged. I take her back home and use the drugs prescribed for her to use. I wasn't good at nursing a baby, Ewatomi was my first so I have to adjust and learn fast.

My daily business continues, I was able to save alot of money and buy a wheel barrow of my own. But something terrible happened one day. Normally after the day work, there is a place where I do pack my wheel barrow. Then I will pick it up the following day. I arrived at where I do pack my wheel barrow and I found some goods, hide under the wheel barrow, I approached it and I found some expensive jewelries and wrist watch. Am very sure someone stole it and hide it under my wheel barrow, I turned back to call for help but I found two police men standing behind me.
" excuse me sir, I found this goods under my wheel barrow and I don't know how it got there" I said. One of the police officer stared at me in furry and said.
" will you shut up you thieve!!! We have caught you today. You are under arrest " before I could speak a word I saw Dragon laughing loudly at me. And before I knew it, I was being surrounded by crowd and they began calling me a thieve. Dragon led a gang of some street thugs and they began making false accusations on me. Doing this process, someone collected Ewatomi from my back, I tried to stop that person but the person quickly disappear into the crowd. Dragon gave a sign and I was beating by the surrounding crowd.
" let burn him alive" dragon said and a tyre was being fetch for.

To be continued....

2 Likes

Re: Adesewa by skubido(m): 8:34am On May 03, 2018
Hmmmm, human being sha,

Re: Adesewa by tomgab(m): 6:06am On May 04, 2018
Nice twist, well done
Re: Adesewa by youngproov(m): 8:21am On May 04, 2018
ADESEWA
Episode 18
The journey of life are always not straight, tedious with burning soil, sometimes its unimaginable…
I was at the edge of being set ablaze, when a woman from the crowd suddenly voiced out.
” let him go he’s innocent!!! I know who is responsible! I know who stole the goods. That young man is innocent. Dragon stole the goods. I saw him with my very eyes. Am not the only one that saw him, some of us here saw him but are afraid of voicing out, I would rather say the truth than watch this innocent young man die for what he know nothing about. ” she said. There was a humming in the crowd for a while then everyone began proclaiming me innocent. I was in the the middle of the crowd crying, not because of the narrow escape of death, but because of Ewatomi. She was no longer with me. I was set free and Dragon and his goons where arrested. Immediately I was free I set out in search of Ewatomi. Everyone I asked her from said they see her not.
” how can I lost Ewatomi, Adesewa will never forgive me ” I said silently to myself. I began moving from one shop to another with tears in my eyes asking from anyone if they happen to come across someone carrying Ewatomi.
The rest of the day was horrible for me. I reported at the police station for my missing daughter and they promise that they will help me find her, but that wasn’t enough to comfort me.
Its been three days now and am still yet to see Ewatomi. I sat down beside the roadside in the market, crying bitterly.
” oh my dear Ewatomi, please come back to me, I don’t know how long I can stand this, i cant help not seeing you beside me. Have missed you my baby, I just pray nothing bad has happened to you ” I said, then I noticed someone standing beside me. I looked up at her then fixed my gaze on her ” please ma’am do you help me see my daughter ” I said. She look at me for a while then she nodded in response. My heart skip a beat.
” she’s with me ” she said. Immediately I jump up on my feet, ” where is she!! ” I shouted . She looked at me then smile, ” be calm she’s in good hands, I will take you to where she is. ” she said then she mentioned me to follow her. She took me to her home and I found Ewatomi sleeping peacefully on her bed.
” am sorry I took her away from you, I was only protecting her from the danger, I thought you are going to be killed, but you escaped death miraculously… Your daughter has been crying ever since I brought her here, I think she needs you and besides she was ill ” she said.
” how do you know that she was ill? ” I said.
I was at the hospital the day you brought her for a maleria treatment, that’s how I met your daughter, remind me of her name please” she said.
“Ewatomi ” I replied.
” I’m motunrayo ” she said bringing her hand forward for a shake.
“I’m Ayo thank you so much ” I said.
“You are welcome ” she said.
“So can I take her now? ” I asked.
” of cos you can, but promise to always bring her here to play with me, I love little children. ” she said.
I thanked her then I head for my daughter, I kissed her fore head and she open her eyes. Immediately she saw me, she began smiling.
” papa is back my love” I said then I carried her.
My joy has no limit, everyone I ever known celebrated with me when they see me back with Ewatomi. I wasn’t popular all by myself but because of Ewatomi. She has been a blessing to me.
Life continues, I do take Ewatomi to motunrayo for a visit and I noticed something about her, she didn’t have any child and that explains her love for Ewatomi.
Its been 3 years since the death of Adesewa and the memories are still fresh in me. Ewatomi looks exactly like Adesewa. Even her voice is the same with Adesewa.
And whenever I look at her I remember my dear Adesewa, there was no day I won’t shed tears just because I was lost looking at Ewatomi. And sometimes she do ask of her mother, but I will look away and avoid her questions.
I was lost thinking about Adesewa one evening then I fell asleep. I had a dream and I saw Adesewa in my dream. She was planting a flower in the dream.
Me: Adesewa when will you leave this garden and come back to us?
Adesewa : I hate to disillusion you. Am never coming back to you.
Me : are you saying…
Adesewa : yes, I want you to keep believing and never lose hope. I know its very difficult for you now but the darkest days will soon be over.
Me: the darkest days can never be over. Without you, I will always have the darkest days.
Adesewa : everything happened for a reason, its my time that was up. Try living a happy life.
Me: you know I can never leave a happy life without you near me. I can never be happy without you.
Adesewa : my daughter needs a happy father. Bye for now.
I woke up and I check the time, its almost 8 pm, Ewatomi would be hungry by now. I quickly make dinner for her then we both go to bed.
So far so good, I was at the market doing my daily pusher job. I saw a lady standing by the roadside with some loads besides her,I guess she needs someone like me so I quickly approached her .
” good afternoon ma, may I help you with your loads? ” I said looking directly at her. She look at me then shifted her gaze to Ewatomi.
” Ayo!!! ” she shouted. I was shocked and at the same time scared.
” do you know me? ” I said with a trembling voice.
” am peace I met you years back at Lagos, I almost run you over with my car then, just because you were thinking and wasn’t looking where you are going ” she said giving me a playful punch.
” oh I remember ” I said looking directly at the floor.
” so what are you doing here in jos and why this kind of a job? ” she said putting on a serious face. I look at her for a while then smile.
” its a long story ” I said.
” and is this your daughter? ” she asked.
” yes she is” I said with a smile on.
” she’s so beautiful, I would love us to meet again and talk more, have my business card, try to give me a call. ” she said. I collected it from her then put it in my pocket.
” so where are you taking your loads to? ” I asked.
” my car is not far from here, its over there ” she said pointing at the direction where her car is. I load her things on my wheel barrow then transport her loads. She dip her hand in her purse and gave me ten thousand.
” ma’am I only charge two hundred naira.. ”
” I know, the money is for your daughter, she’s so beautiful, don’t forget to give me a call, bye” she said then she entered her car. I didn’t know how to appreciate her so I kept quite and watch her in wonders as she zoomed off.
I look at Ewatomi and I smile to myself.
” Ewatomi that aunty gave you a big money, with this money she gave you, I can now buy a uniform for you and take you to a school next week, won’t you want to go to school? ” I said with a smile. She put on a big grin and nodded in response.
A week after I enrolled Ewatomi in a kg class, I was washing clothe at the back yard when I saw peace business card in my pocket. I called the number on it and she picked at the first ring.
Me: hello
Peace : yea, who am I on to?
Me: emmm.. Am Ayo you gave me your business card.
Peace : oh Ayo, why are you just calling.
Me: am always busy.
Peace : busy thinking as usual right.
Me: perhaps.
Peace : so how can we meet.?
Me: any time you say Ma.
Peace : what about tomorrow evening?
Me: its fine by me.
Peace : I will send the address to you.
Me: OK Ma.
Peace : don’t call me Ma you know my name.
Me: OK Ma bye bye Ma.
She send the address to me some minutes later and I saved it.
The following day at 4pm I head to her residence. She was leaving in quite a big mansion decorated with beautiful flowers. And that flowers reminded me of Adesewa.
I was ursherd in by one of her maids. I sat down in the living room appreciating the beautiful art works on the walls. After some minutes, she joined me in the living room.
Peace : my guest what will you like to take?
Me: am very fine Ma. I ate before coming.
Peace : what about soft drinks.?
Me: am full, I drank too much of water.
Peace : I get it, you are shy, you don’t wanna take anything no problem then.
Me: thank you Ma. I don’t know if your husband is at home, I would love to greet him.
Peace : whose husband ?
Me: yours Ma.
Peace : am not married.
Me: oh…
Peace : so tell me what led you here in this city.
Me : its really something very sad…
Peace : care to share.
Me: you won’t want you to see me crying.
Peace : I will understand.
I look at her for a while then take my gaze away from her, cloud of tears has already fill in my eyes.
” I met Adesewa in a very unusual way, she happens to me the daughter of a powerful General that never allows a flies to go near her let alone someone like me. I had a good job that pays well, but I was a bad boy. I don’t believe in love only in lust…
A miracle happened, i fell in love.for someone like me to fall in love is really a miracle. I fell in love with the most unexpected person without knowing. I fell in love with Adesewa. She taught me what love really is. We were in great love, but Her father don’t want me with her, unknown to him that we are made for each other. He planned to get her married by force to someone she didn’t love… During this period I got her pregnant… She pleaded with me for us to run away. And since we have no choice we escaped here to Jos. With the hope of starting a new life… We do have a new life, a world with true love. She loved me unconditionally. I was jobless when I got here, but she was always there to give me hope of better days to come. I loved her with all my heart. She was the only woman I ever loved and she will be the only woman I will ever love. We were living happily until her time to give birth was up.. . She gave birth to Ewatomi… And death took away my love from me. She died leaving me and Ewatomi behind… She was my happiness and now that she is gone, I can never have a happiness till I die… ” I said with tears in my eyes.
“Ayo am really sorry I didn’t mean to open an healing wound ” she said.
” you got it wrong, it was never a healing wound, it can’t heal” I said.
She look at me then stand up and face the wall.
” everyone has a story to tell, I also have one, I killed the man I loved ”
To be continued…
A new WhatsApp group has been created for every update of this story. join by clicking the link ( https:///LVoq1Z3PysVHvp95hHmNq6 ) down below or message me on 08105835201, if you miss any of the episode.

https:///LVoq1Z3PysVHvp95hHmNq6

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesewa by Missmossy(f): 9:58am On May 04, 2018
Aww such a bittersweet story, keep it coming. Thumbs up!!!
Re: Adesewa by skubido(m): 12:23pm On May 04, 2018
Hmmm, tank for d update

1 Like

Re: Adesewa by devilmaycry1(m): 2:55pm On May 04, 2018
thank for the update oo cant wait to hear her story
Re: Adesewa by youngproov(m): 9:01pm On May 04, 2018
ADESEWA
Episode 19
Nobody has a perfect life. Everybody has problems. Some just know how to deal with it in a best way.
I stared at peace in disbelieve.
“I don’t quite get what you mean”. I said looking directly at her for a better explanation.
She took a deep breath, then she began talking.
” i was once in love with my father driver. I can’t recall how i fell in love. But I do remember being in love. The feeling was awesome, so that makes me understand how you feel for you late love. His name was chibuke, all I know is that I love him… I was blinded by a fake love, I thought he love me the way I do, but I was wrong… He was only using me. He was only interested in my father wealth. It took a very long time for me to realize this. He pretended to love me, and promise me alot of beautiful things. He was able to convinced me to hand over all my father property documents to him… I was a fool, I gave them all to him. A month after, we started realizing some things, before we knew it, he sold all my dad’s properties. We are left with nothing. Due to this my father had an heart attack… I confessed to him but he later died. I felt guilty for his death, cos I know am responsible for his death. But I was able to receive his forgiveness before he gave up the ghost. After his death, the suffering began. I was brought up with a golden spoon, I know nothing about how cruel the world is. I apply for a sales girl in one big restaurant, and that was where I got to meet chibuke again… It was a horrible experience, he treated me like a s--t. Humiliated and disgrace me publicly . He called me a w---e, a slot, I ran back home and cried all my eyes out… I tried to forget him and move on but it was hard. On this red later day, I came back home and I found him inside, I knew his intentions cant be good. I tried to run out but he caught me by my hand I push me hardly on the floor. he tried to have his way with me… I fought back but he was very strong, he overpowered me and have his way with me. He raped me. He got up off me after he was done doing is devil act. Beside where I am was a table knife, I took it and I stabbed him with it. He died at the spot. I never imagine I will kill the man I once love with my hands. I was arrested for murder. And there was where I met attorney Desola. She happens to be someone that believe strongly and fight for women right. I narrated my story to her and she promise to help me win this case. And by God grace she won the case for me and I was set free. She said I killed him in self defense but I know deep down in me was out of anger, and I know she knows also. She just say it to cover me up. Desola gave me a chance to start a new life and who I am today is all by her help. She was an angel sent from above . And that’s my story and ever since then, I took all men as a devil, but your story make me realize that not all are devil… Ay and that’s my story ”
I was completely speechless, totally short of words, I never imagine someone like her would have gone through such a horrendous challenges. Then I began to understand the life quote that says ‘ what I survive might kill you ‘.
“Peace am sorry I need to go now, my daughter will be expecting me by now, I ought to have pick her up from school ” I said. She look at me then smile.
” I have a gift for your daughter, least I forgot, how old is she? ” she asked.
“She’s three years old, going to four” I replied. She smile then she head inside, she come out with a two shopping bags.
” here, this is for her. Extend my regards to her” she said. I look at the packages with full surprise.
“Wao, I really appreciate this, thanks alot ” I said with a smile on.
” I will asked my driver to drop you ” she said the she see me off to the car.
Later in the evening, I open the packages and I found some clothes, provisions and toys for Ewatomi.
Ewatomi : dad did you buy all this for me?
Me: its a gift from someone to you.
Ewatomi : really? I like it.
Me: I know you will.
Ewatomi : dad, when is mom coming back?
Me: very soon, why did you ask?
Ewatomi : am sad. at school today, my mate were talking about their moms and…
Me: it’s okay dear, mom will come one day.
Ewatomi : OK, let me try the cloth on.
I rested my back on the chair and watch her as she try all the clothes on. She has inherited everything in Adesewa. She resemble her, talks like her even eat like her. I can’t help myself from thinking about Adesewa whenever I look at her. I fell asleep after some time, I opened my eyes and I see Adesewa sitting beside me.
Me : Adesewa, your daughter is waiting for you at home let’s go home.
Adesewa : you still believe am coming home right ?
Me: yes, I make your daughter believe so.
Adesewa : and you too?
Me: yes, somehow.
Adesewa : hmm… I have something for you.
Me : what is it?
Adesewa : its a poem.
Me: oh, I can’t remember when last I listen to a poem OK am all ears.
Adesewa : its not for you, but for my daughter.
Me: oh…
Adesewa : I need you to recite the poem to her.
Me: no problem.
“Sleep, sleep, my beloved,
without worry, without fear,
although my soul does not sleep,
although I do not rest.
Sleep, sleep, and in the night
may your whispers be softer
than a leaf of grass,
or the silken fleece of lambs.
May my flesh slumber in you,
my worry, my trembling.
In you, may my eyes close
and my heart sleep.
One day I’ll come swimming
beside your ship or someone will
and if you hear the siren
listen to it. For if you close your ears
only nothing happens. You will never change.
If I speak of death
which you fear now, greatly,
it is without answers.
except that each
one we know is
in our blood.
Don’t recall graves.
Memory is permanent.
I may not be with you there Ewatomi
But my Love is always there for you
I love you my daughter
And I know you do
Even if am not there with you. ”
I opened my eyes and I found out that have been dreaming since. I look beside me and I saw Ewatomi staring at me.
” what is it dear” I asked her.
She look at me for a while then shuggle her shoulders .
” you were talking in your sleep ” she said.
“Oh do you hear my say any poems? ” I said.
“poems ? Like the one am thought at school? ” she asked innocently.
I look at her then smile.
” yes, its something your mom cherished, don’t worry, I will recite all her poems for you” I said then I hug her.
Motunrayo has now become a very consistent friend to Ewatomi and i. Sometimes she will take Ewatomi with her for the weekend. I always pray that God should answer her prayer and grant her a child. According to what she told me, she has been married for 10 years without being conceive of a child, Her husband relatives became her feared enemies, they torment her life and promise to trow her loads out, if she didn’t conceive. Her husband happens to be someone that love her unconditionally, if not for him, the relatives would have trow out her loads. I noticed that her happiest moment are always with Ewatomi. And the two are very fond of each other.
On a very stressful day, after the day work around the evening time, I lied inside my wheel barrow resting, a young boy of about 10 years old approached me.
” excuse me sir, I need to take some loads down the road, can you be in my service ” he said. I look at him for a while then I answered.
” am sorry boy, am already done for today. I don’t work late, go see if you will find another person ” I said. He look at me with a sad face then he prostrated pleading with me. After a while, I consider his pleas and followed him. On getting there, I found a lady standing beside the goods, and with the facial resemblance Am sure the lady will be his sister.
” Lizzy, didnt I tell you I will see one, and here he is ” he said facing his sister and pointing at me.
” are you sure this one can carry all the loads? ” she said giving me a nasty look, I remain quite and didn’t say a word out.
” of cos he can, he is a gentle man, ” the boy said with a big grin on.
” Gentle man you say? A gentle man dont do such a job and beside I don’t like him, he is too dirty and his breath stink, don’t let him touch my things please ” she said giving me another nasty look and a long hiss. Well I felt embarrassed and I made to move when the boy suddenly stop and pleaded with me not to be annoyed.
” please sir, don’t be mad with my sister, she is always like that, I beg of you ” he said.
” its okay boy, am not angry, take care “. I said then I find my way. On my way back I saw a two men buying some stuffs in a near by shop, their voice sound familiar so I took a closer look at them and to my total dismay its no one but Gbenga and his father.
To be continued….
What did you think will happen if they see him?
A new WhatsApp group has been created for every update of this story. join by clicking the link down below or message me on 08105835201, if you miss any of the episode.
https:///LVo999q1Z3PysVHvp95hHmNq6

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? / Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah / Made In Nigeria English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 229
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.