Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Is Having Tv A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Having Tv A Sin? (350 Views)

Is Having BOOB-JOB A Sin / Masturbation Is A Sin, No Matter Your View About It / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Having Tv A Sin? by FreshGreen: 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2018
IS HAVING TV A SIN?
I remember many years ago in Deeper Life Bible Church, that members were instructed not to have TV at home because it was a Satan’s box. As it’s now, I’m not saying Television itself is a sin, because we can use it with our video player to watch Christian movies, but I don’t see how right it would be using it to watch TV stations or many of these channels. We have a TV in our family but we only use it with our DVD player to watch Christian movies, we don’t connect it to any TV station and we are not subscribing to any cable or satellite TV. I don’t know how safe you will keep yourself from the pollution on air when you open your TV to any TV stations; the music and movies are controlled by the gods of this world – the god of the spirit of lust that many of these musicians worship, the spirit of worldliness, worldly styles and disobedience that are being imparted into the lives of many people especially the children and youth.

Many Christians say having their TV connected to TV stations or subscribing to cable TV is not wrong, that they can control what they watch, but here I’m not talking about what you can, but what you have be able to do, how far have you and your family, including your children, been really able to control what you have been watching on those TV stations? How far?

Many Christians are using their money to pay for the pollution of their souls; when you subscribe your TV with such as DSTV, and you are loaded with several channels, you are creating temptations for yourself and children at home to have a look at those satanically polluted stations like 24/7 worldly movies, African Magic, Hollywood, Nollywood or those Indian movies, or those evil programs like American idols, BBNaija, ultimate search, etc. If you are a Christian and you freely watch any of those things, you need deliverance of repentance.

..from the message: THE DANGER OF TV STATIONS & THE BLESSINGS OF CHRISTIAN MOVIES
Re: Is Having Tv A Sin? by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 22, 2018
Here we go again.
Re: Is Having Tv A Sin? by paxonel(m): 7:30am On Apr 22, 2018
This days, kumuyi they watch dstv like mad for him sitting room (thanks to Jerry) and there are some church members who still have that old belief that having TV at home is a sin thereby cutting themselves away from the general world at their own peril (not kumuyi again).

That is their own cup tee
Re: Is Having Tv A Sin? by Goalnaldo(m): 7:46am On Apr 22, 2018
I just weak abi make I prepare to go church.

Re: Is Having Tv A Sin? by Samsimple(m): 8:11am On Apr 22, 2018
Ur pastor sef get tv 4 house..
Re: Is Having Tv A Sin? by Blackfire(m): 8:55am On Apr 22, 2018
The greatest scam deeper life ever ran on Nigerians....

Bad+sad memories.

(1) (Reply)

Ofm Rhema For Living Daily Devotional 24/04/2018 Tuesday / The Christian Sister / Police Arrest Popular Lagos Pastor For Propagating ‘hate Speech’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.