Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates (1628 Views)

I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv / Apostle Chinyere Forgives Happie Boys, Restores Their Scholarship Programs / Why Doesn't Church Of Christ Celebrate Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by BLESSMME: 5:00pm On Apr 22, 2018
Am I the only one wondering? Are the organisers atheists
Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by naijafella(m): 5:21pm On Apr 22, 2018
Tell them, abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by CodeTemplar: 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2018
Good question. Why?

2 Likes

Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by GoodMuyis(m): 8:04am On Apr 23, 2018
God and Satan cannot feed the audience.
The aim of the programme is to mislead the people, hence bringing God will affect their agenda. moreso atheist worldwide will sue them to court fro bringing God into the TV show

Atheist are just drunkship of sadist

2 Likes

Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by BLESSMME: 8:21am On Apr 23, 2018
GoodMuyis:
The aim of the programme is to mislead the people, hence bringing God will affect their agenda. moreso atheist worldwide will sue them to court fro bringing God into the TV show

Wow
That's quite an observation. It is well

2 Likes

Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by BLESSMME: 8:22am On Apr 23, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Good question. Why?
I wish they can give an answer to this

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by Greenpage: 9:08am On Apr 23, 2018
They will loose traffic/viewers and it will become boring.

2 Likes

Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by kevoh(m): 9:12am On Apr 23, 2018
BLESSMME:

I wish they can give an answer to this
Is BBN a religious TV show? undecided Yes or No

GoodMuyis:

Sometimes, I wonder if it is only how to be dishonest that you guys learn from your different churches and making ridiculous claims.

DStv makes a TV show for entertainment and profit purpose, rates it R18+ and adds it to the number of over 100 TV channels they already have for their subscribers. Remember, they already have over four Christian TV channels and subscribers are not forced to view any channel, you can even choose to ask DStv to block or censor some channels if you want.

Despite all these factors, it is somehow the atheist's fault that a Christian is the victim and is dumb enough not to recognize an entertainment TV show that is rated R18+ and not forced on anyone to view it. I bow for una dishonesty !

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by GoodMuyis(m): 9:21am On Apr 23, 2018
kevoh:

No its a Satanic TV Show

Sometimes, I wonder if it is only how to be dishonest that you guys learn from your different churches and making ridiculous claims.

DStv makes a TV show for entertainment and profit purpose, rates it R18+ and adds it to the number of over 100 TV channels they already have for their subscribers. Remember, they already have over four Christian TV channels and subscribers are not forced to view any channel, you can even choose to ask DStv to block or censor some channels if you want.

Despite all these factors, it is somehow the atheist's fault that a Christian is the victim and is dumb enough not to recognize an entertainment TV show that is rated R18+ and not forced on anyone to view it. I bow for una dishonesty !

Mr Honesty.... A reality TV show encompass various lifestyle and they call it BB-Nigeria, religion is part Nigeria lifestyle, dont you hate to hear that.

Their purpose is hidden and pass as subliminal message, WYDKYDK

2 Likes

Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by BLESSMME: 9:43am On Apr 23, 2018
Mr Honesty.... A reality TV show encompass various lifestyle and they call it BB-Nigeria, religion is part Nigeria lifestyle, dont you hate to hear that.

Exactly my point, A TV reality show encompasses various lifestyles and as such, religion should be added. Three months is too long to just sideline religion abeg
Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by BLESSMME: 9:46am On Apr 23, 2018
kevoh:

It is a reality TV show and Religion is a reality. The various religion of people is what keeps them in check and gives them hope
Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by kevoh(m): 9:54am On Apr 23, 2018
GoodMuyis:

No its a Satanic TV Show

If it's a satanic show where you forced to press your remote to view the channel? Do you understand what R18+ means? Emmanuel tv, dove TV, EWtv, Islamic tv are all religious TV channels on Dstv, did any atheist complain about them being put there or being forced to watch them?

GoodMuyis:

Their purpose is hidden and pass as subliminal message, WYDKYDK
Mr. Dishonesty, a religious show is strictly for religious purpose. BBN is purely for entertainment purpose and purely serves to entertain it's viewers. And why would I hate to hear that.

Now let's tackle the phrase in bold fonts. Christians made majority of the participants of the show:

1. Miracle and Nina are Christians and were seen to pray and study their Bible sometimes at night, show me where an atheist complained about this? Also explain why as Christians they still went ahead to have sex after the prayers?
2. Bambam reads the Bible too, claims spiritual and was never stopped by big brother. Every one know how that ended for that Christian too.

And why would I hate to hear "that''. Housemates have been known to burst into worship song once in a while when they escape eviction , Tobi was seen singing Onise iyanu on a supposed satanic show, yeah that's a Nigerian lifestyle for you, where did an atheist complain or where were they reprimanded by Big brother.

The whole essence of this thread is pointless as you are never forced to watch the R18+ show in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by myself13: 10:01am On Apr 23, 2018
BLESSMME:

It is a reality TV show and Religion is a reality. The various religion of people is what keeps them in check and gives them hope

You mean unrealistic hope?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by kevoh(m): 10:05am On Apr 23, 2018
BLESSMME:

Is it a religious TV show? That is the question, stop dribbling around it! Sex, games, jokes, fights, quarrels, education, advert, awareness programmes are all parts of reality TV too and were duly represented as well. Go back and read my response to muyis.

Is it a wholly religious TV show? Can you explain what an R18+ classification is? Why will a religious TV show be rated R18+? Were you forced to view the TV show at the expense of other Christian channels or other entertainment channels available?

Answer these questions as honest as you can.
Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by BLESSMME: 10:14am On Apr 23, 2018
myself13:

You mean unrealistic hope?
Lol
You know it that Religion has helped a lot of people and even if you think it is false hope, the 'false hope' is the reason why sooo many people haven't given up on life.

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by BLESSMME: 10:18am On Apr 23, 2018
kevoh:

Is it a religious TV show? That is the question, stop dribbling around it! Sex, games, jokes, fights, quarrels, education, advert, awareness programmes are all parts of reality TV too and were duly represented as well. Go back and read my response to muyis.

Is it a wholly religious TV show? Can you explain what an R18+ classification is? Why will a religious TV show be rated R18+? Were you forced to view the TV show at the expense of other Christian channels or other entertainment channels available?

Answer these questions as honest as you can.

Do 18+ people not have any religion they are attached to? If 18+ people can watch every other activity, they should also watch Religious activities. It is a show that touches every area of people's lives, religion is a huge part of people's lives too
Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by hopefulLandlord: 10:23am On Apr 23, 2018
BLESSMME:

Lol
You know it that Religion has helped a lot of people and even if you think it is false hope, the 'false hope' is the reason why sooo many people haven't given up on life.

you're not looking at the other side of the coin of false hope

False hope is what makes a poverty stricken man and woman to marry themselves and give birth to 20 children because they have the "False Hope" that some imaginary friend would provide their needs

False hope is what makes us not to hold our political office holders accountable cuz there's a false hope that those politicians would die and burn in an eternal barbecue making chamber

False hope is what the religious leaders use to obtain our money on the promises of eternal paradise, divine protection and that their members should keep laying treasures in heaven by giving them their monies while the pastors turn around and use the monies to build mansions, hire bodyguards and fly private jets

False hope is what makes an AS genotype man marry an AS genotype woman while having the hope that all their children will be AS or AA so long they pray and when the many of the children are SS they'll go from church to church praying for their imaginary friend to change the genotype to something more favourable due to false hope again

and many other effects of false hope

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by BLESSMME: 10:34am On Apr 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

you're not looking at the other side of the coin of false hope

False hope is what makes a poverty stricken man and woman to marry themselves and give birth to 20 children because they have the "False Hope" that some imaginary friend would provide their needs

False hope is what makes us not to hold our political office holders accountable cuz there's a false hope that those politicians would die and burn in an eternal barbecue making chamber

False hope is what the religious leaders use to obtain our money on the promises of eternal paradise, divine protection and that their members should keep laying treasures in heaven by giving them their monies while the pastors turn around and use the monies to build mansions, hire bodyguards and fly private jets

False hope is what makes an AS genotype man marry an AS genotype woman while having the hope that all their children will be AS or AA so long they pray and when the many of the children are SS they'll go from church to church praying for their imaginary friend to change the genotype to something more favourable due to false hope again

and many other effects of false hope

Everything in life if not handled diplomatically will always have it's repercussions. For Christians, the holy bible advices that it's followers be moderate in all things, you don't just charge on for every given thing because it will have it's consequences, it also advice's that the followers should in all their getting get understanding, so anyone that is not tactical in their following have only themselves to blame. Religion even though people talk down on it has it's very positive impact in the society and shouldnt be neglected at all. Even Daddy freeze that is always speaking against some funny things in religion still believes in religion because he knows it's importance irrespective of the excesses of some people
Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by hopefulLandlord: 10:39am On Apr 23, 2018
BLESSMME:

Everything in life if not handled diplomatically will always have it's repercussions. For Christians, the holy bible advices that it's followers be moderate in all things, you don't just charge on for every given thing because it will have it's consequences, it also advice's that the followers should in all their getting get understanding, so anyone that is not tactical in their following have only themselves to blame. Religion even though people talk down on it has it's very positive impact in the society and shouldnt be neglected at all. Even Daddy freeze that is always speaking against some funny things in religion still believes in religion because he knows it's importance irrespective of the excesses of some people

Daddy Freeze is a Christian and doesn't speak against religion but against how religion is practised

With that being said, the examples I gave about false hope up there can be easily observed and proven to be happening over and over again. Its easy for the religious to tell us advantages of false hope without realising the terrible effects of false hope

Many people have claimed to have died and seen Abacha in hell and that reinforces the idea that we shouldn't bother much about the corruption that's eaten deep as every corrupt person would go to hell fire

Many people have married in poverty, gave birth to many children, one of the children hit it big and they're all out of poverty. that also enforces the false hope that one should keep overpopulating and god would provide

We hear stories of people claiming their genotype changed from SS to something else after prayer. This also enforces the false hope that AS should keep marrying AS

My examples are easily observed and claiming its against Christianity tenets is dishonest

I see NOTHING good in religion and anything good one is deriving from religion could've been derived elsewhere. I see religion as evil and detrimental to the human race
Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by GoodMuyis(m): 10:48am On Apr 23, 2018
kevoh:

If it's a satanic show where you forced to press your remote to view the channel? Do you understand what R18+ means? Emmanuel tv, dove TV, EWtv, Islamic tv are all religious TV channels on Dstv, did any atheist complain about them being put there or being forced to watch them?

Mr. Dishonesty, a religious show is strictly for religious purpose. BBN is purely for entertainment purpose and purely serves to entertain it's viewers. And why would I hate to hear that.

Now let's tackle the phrase in bold fonts. Christians made majority of the participants of the show:

1. Miracle and Nina are Christians and were seen to pray and study their Bible sometimes at night, show me where an atheist complained about this? Also explain why as Christians they still went ahead to have sex after the prayers?
2. Bambam reads the Bible too, claims spiritual and was never stopped by big brother. Every one know how that ended for that Christian too.

And why would I hate to hear "that''. Housemates have been known to burst into worship song once in a while when they escape eviction , Tobi was seen singing Onise iyanu on a supposed satanic show, yeah that's a Nigerian lifestyle for you, where did an atheist complain or where were they reprimanded by Big brother.

The whole essence of this thread is pointless as you are never forced to watch the R18+ show in the first place.

Goodluck to you as win the argument grin grin grin. who tell say I get TV

[img]https://s1/images/duckEyed.jpg[/img]

See how he dey serious like Olympic sportman
Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by budaatum: 10:50am On Apr 23, 2018
BLESSMME:

I agree with GoodMuyis for once. BBN is full of satan, and you are just asking for some bible in it so you can justify watching trash! My tv is programmed not to show such nonsense. It says something about me if I am sitting there watching people sleep (at least that's one of the things they use to show on the 24 hour BB channel!)
Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by hopefulLandlord: 10:52am On Apr 23, 2018
budaatum:

I agree with GoodMuyis for once. BBN is full of satan, and you are just asking for some bible in it so you can justify watching trash! My tv is programmed not to show such nonsense. It says something about me if I am sitting there watching people sleep (at least that's one of the things they use to show on the 24 hour BB channel!)

They want official religious activities to hold on a program that glorifies nudity, premarital sex, dirty talks etc

yeah right, why don't we invite Kumuyi to come and conduct the service Mr Goodmuyis?

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by BLESSMME: 11:01am On Apr 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Daddy Freeze is a Christian and doesn't speak against religion but against how religion is practised

With that being said, the examples I gave about false hope up there can be easily observed and proven to be happening over and over again. Its easy for the religious to tell us advantages of false hope without realising the terrible effects of false hope

Many people have claimed to have died and seen Abacha in hell and that reinforces the idea that we shouldn't bother much about the corruption that's eaten deep as every corrupt person would go to hell fire

Many people have married in poverty, gave birth to many children, one of the children hit it big and they're all out of poverty. that also enforces the false hope that one should keep overpopulating and god would provide

We hear stories of people claiming their genotype changed from SS to something else after prayer. This also enforces the false hope that AS should keep marrying AS

My examples are easily observed and claiming its against Christianity tenets is dishonest

I see NOTHING good in religion and anything good one is deriving from religion could've been derived elsewhere. I see religion as evil and detrimental to the human race
The only problem I see in religion is people who have refused to read the scriptures for themselves but blindly follow what they are told. For the Christians, Jesus Christ whenever he heals people always says 'go and check yourself'. So if people in love have prayed, trusted, had hope and they eventually go to the hospital and check themselves and they are still both As, then the mission should be aborted. They have to know that it is time to change plans. This doesn't change the fact that people's genotype has been changed b4, just that their case was different.
About people giving birth to so many, the bible says a man that can't provide for his household is worse than an infidel, it also went ahead to say that a wise man leaves an inheritance for his children, so anyone giving birth to children they can't comfortably raise and also leave an inheritance for has no one else but themselves to blame, that has absolutely nothing to do with religion.
For those seeing dead politicians in hell and people believing them, I have nothing to tell them. They are on their own
Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by kevoh(m): 11:01am On Apr 23, 2018
BLESSMME:

Do 18+ people not have any religion they are attached to? If 18+ people can watch every other activity, they should also watch Religious activities,
You keep dribbling around the questions asked you.
18+(age) people are free to do whatever they like including religious activities if they choose to, which was also done on the show which I am 100% sure you never watched. Read my reply to goo.dmuyis which you have conveniently avoided.

R18+ is a classification that can/will contain adult scenes. I have given you expo for one of the questions and answered your question despite asking you first. Now be a good sport and answer mine:

1. Is BBN a wholly religious TV show?
2.Can you explain what an R18+ classification is?
3. Why will a wholly religious TV show be rated R18+?
4. Were you forced to view the TV show at the expense of other Christian channels or other entertainment channels available?
Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by kevoh(m): 11:04am On Apr 23, 2018
GoodMuyis:

Goodluck to you as win the argument grin grin grin. who tell say I get TV

[img]https://s1/images/duckEyed.jpg[/img]

See how he dey serious like Olympic sportman
Yeye dey worry you ooo, you come make me dey expose all the vein for my head grin grin grin in the name of argument. tongue
Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by BLESSMME: 11:21am On Apr 23, 2018
kevoh:

You keep dribbling around the questions asked you.
18+(age) people are free to do whatever they like including religious activities if they choose to, which was also done on the show which I am 100% sure you never watched. Read my reply to goo.dmuyis which you have conveniently avoided.

R18+ is a classification that can/will contain adult scenes. I have given you expo for one of the questions and answered your question despite asking you first. Now be a good sport and answer mine:

1. Is BBN a wholly religious TV show?
2.Can you explain what an R18+ classification is?
3. Why will a wholly religious TV show be rated R18+?
4. Were you forced to view the TV show at the expense of other Christian channels or other entertainment channels available?
Answers
1. No, but a Reality show where other everyday human activities are carried out
2. 18+ means for adults above 18 years
3. I NEVER said it was wholly religious. I said since it is a reality show where every other daily necessary activities are carried out, religion should be included too (Few mins on Friday for Muslims and Few mins on Sunday for Christians).
4. The fact that I wasn't forced does not in any way mean I shouldn't suggest that a necessary part of human lives be included for few mins weekly.
Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by kevoh(m): 11:39am On Apr 23, 2018
BLESSMME:

Answers
1. No but a Reality show where other everyday human activities are carried out

This puts an end to the argument. There's nothing further to drag on since you have accepted it is not a religious show.
Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by BLESSMME: 12:11pm On Apr 23, 2018
kevoh:

This puts an end to the argument. There's nothing further to drag on since you have accepted it is not a religious show.
It was NEVER an argument in the first place. The fact still remains that Religion shouldn't be removed from a reality show where everyother thing is practiced. Thanks anyways for your time
Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by marttol: 12:12pm On Apr 23, 2018
Ask them
Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by BLESSMME: 12:27pm On Apr 23, 2018
marttol:
Ask them
Ok
Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by kevoh(m): 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2018
BLESSMME:

It was NEVER an argument in the first place. The fact still remains that Religion shouldn't be removed from a reality show where everyone thing is practiced. Thanks anyways for your time
Address your concerns to BBN and DStv on their Twitter handle or other complaint medium. Copy NBC and co. If that is not enough for you, it is a free world gather other Christians and start your own R18+ religious reality TV! grin grin

R 18+ material is restricted to adults. Such material may contain classifiable elements such as sex scenes and drug use that are high in impact. Some material classified R18+ may be offensive to sections of the adult community. A person may be asked for proof of their age before purchasing, hiring or viewing R18+ films and computer games at a retail store or cinema.

Source :

Thank you!
Re: Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates by BLESSMME: 12:32pm On Apr 23, 2018
kevoh:

Address your concerns to BBN and DStv on their Twitter handle or other complaint medium. Copy NBC and co. If that is not enough for you, it is a free world gather other Christians and start your own R18+ religious reality TV! grin grin

Thank you!

Thanks too

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Lucifer A Name That The Bible Uses For Satan? / “If Sango was that powerful,why didn’t he supply electricity to our cities,”-PSA / Pastor Odumeje Shows Strange Cult Sign On Cubana Chief Priest Live Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.