Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,569 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv (192 Views)

Busola Dakolo: Nigerians To Protest At COZA Church On Sunday Over Rape Allegatio / Why Doesn't Bb Naija Hold Religious Programs For The Housemates / Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv by Firefly2017(f): 11:07am On Apr 07
So for some years now I don't go for Sunday services regularly, reason being that I always come back feeling empty and unfilled, however, I prefer to watch these American pastors on TV and I must say I have grown a lot spiritually and I can confidently say I'm a better person for it, I truly understand the Gospel and the essence of this life from listening to these men of God.
Their way of teaching the Gospel is totally different from our African pastors who focus only on prosperity, without teaching on how to connect with God by the way you live your daily life.
And truly I do not feel any guilt or burden in my heart for stopping church as I eagerly look forward to spending time listening to these men of God on TV every weekend.

My question now is, I'm I wrong for not going to church on Sundays, since it is written, to not forsake the gathering of belivers
Re: I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv by helinues: 11:18am On Apr 07
Going to church every Sunday is not possible apart from those who are idle.

Productive can't meet up
Re: I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv by immortalcrown(m): 11:28am On Apr 07
Do you go to work because your workplace is the best? Your workplace is definitely not the best but you go there hoping that you will one day move to a better workplace.

Do you go to school because your school is the best? Your school is definitely not the best but you go there hoping that you will one day go to a better school.

The hospital you go to when you are sick is probably not the best but you manage it.

Lack of dedication is the reason you stopped going to Church. You stopped going to Church because you do not understand that showing respect to God is part of why you should be going to Church. If the Church you attend leaves your mind empty, why not join another Church?
Re: I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv by immortalcrown(m): 11:43am On Apr 07
helinues:
Going to church every Sunday is not possible apart from those who are idle.

Productive can't meet up
So, the more you miss Church on Sundays is the more you become productive?
Re: I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv by helinues: 11:44am On Apr 07
immortalcrown:
So, the more you miss Church on Sundays is the more you become productive?

I didn't say that. It's not just possible for people to be attending church every Sunday apart from those who are faking it.

You can't work from Monday to Friday, Owambe's on weekends and till make going to church a priority. Ko possible
Re: I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv by immortalcrown(m): 11:45am On Apr 07
helinues:
I didn't say that. It's not just possible for people to be attending church every Sunday apart from those who are faking it.
So, any student that does not miss classes fakes being a student?
Re: I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv by helinues: 11:47am On Apr 07
immortalcrown:
So, any student that does not miss classes fakes being a student?

Is class same thing as church?
Re: I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv by immortalcrown(m): 11:49am On Apr 07
helinues:
Is class same thing as church?
Dedication is why a student will not miss classes. Dedicated is why a Christian will not miss Church on Sunday. It is illogical for you to say that a Christian that goes to Church every Sunday is fake.
Re: I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv by gohf: 11:49am On Apr 07
Firefly2017:
So for some years now I don't go for Sunday services regularly, reason being that I always come back feeling empty and unfilled, however, I prefer to watch these American pastors on TV and I must say I have grown a lot spiritually and I can confidently say I'm a better person for it, I truly understand the Gospel and the essence of this life from listening to these men of God.
Their way of teaching the Gospel is totally different from our African pastors who focus only on prosperity, without teaching on how to connect with God by the way you live your daily life.
And truly I do not feel any guilt or burden in my heart for stopping church as I eagerly look forward to spending time listening to these men of God on TV every weekend.

My question now is, I'm I wrong for not going to church on Sundays, since it is written, to not forsake the gathering of belivers
when you are in pain and need encouragement who will come to you, will it be the man on TV, will he pass through the TV and come to you.

Ministry is for we ministers to equip those we minister to, to be of service to the body of Christ and new believers.

The question is, what do you do after listening to televised or online messages?
Re: I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv by helinues: 11:52am On Apr 07
immortalcrown:
Dedication is why a student will not miss classes. Dedicated is why a Christian will not miss Church on Sunday. It is illogical for you to say that a Christian that goes to Church every Sunday is fake.

If you missed a Sunday service, it makes no different as the message would be repeated but if you missed several classes, carry over is inevitable
Re: I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv by immortalcrown(m): 11:56am On Apr 07
helinues:
If you missed a Sunday service, it makes no different as the message would be repeated but if you missed several classes, carry over is inevitable
Be specific, what exactly will make you miss Church on a Sunday?

Meanwhile, Christians go to Church not just for preachings but to respect God.
Re: I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv by helinues: 11:56am On Apr 07
immortalcrown:
Be specific, what exactly will make you miss Church on a Sunday?

Absolutely nothing cos whatever messages are repeated ones
Re: I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv by immortalcrown(m): 11:59am On Apr 07
helinues:
Absolutely nothing cos whatever messages are repeated ones
Maybe this happens in your own Church. Muslims repeat their prayers but they continue to go to Mosques. Dedication is the key thing here.

Meanwhile, preaching is not the only reason for Christians to go to Church. Showing respect to God is part of the reason Christians go to Church. So, stop fooling yourself.
Re: I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv by helinues: 12:00pm On Apr 07
immortalcrown:
Maybe this happens in your own Church. Meanwhile, preaching is not the only reason for Christians to go to Church. Showing respect to God is part of the reason Christians go to Church. So, stop fooling yourself.

My own church? I can't even remember the last time I stepped into any church. What are they doing there?
Re: I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv by immortalcrown(m): 12:01pm On Apr 07
helinues:
My own church? I can't even remember the last time I stepped into any church. What are they doing there?
You can't remember the last time you entered a Church but you are sure that every Church repeats sermon?

Mention those Churches that repeat sermons for you.

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv by Fakeallah: 12:13pm On Apr 07
helinues:

Could please just help is with this notorious troller.

Thank you

If you can't take the heat you leave the kitchen

Cry Cry gbegiri 😁😁😁
Re: I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv by TimiRume(f): 1:02pm On Apr 07
I understand you. Go for Bible studies or weekly fellowship if you can. They are cell-like and more likely you will feel included though most are nothing to write home about.

Keep an open mind, pray and expect to meet genuine believers you can relate with.
Re: I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv by Goodlady(f): 1:38pm On Apr 07
Firefly2017:

You still v to go. Just try and find a true church. Highest you can do is not to join their workers but you v to be in church to get regular teachings. Live matches at stadium no be like the one on TV. Also, keeping touch with church blends you more in the ways of God. If ya personal relationship come dey bring see finish or some kinda extreme issues, just be an ordinary member.

Re: I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv by Emmanuel30a2: 5:02pm On Apr 07
Firefly2017:

You are asking stupid or foolish question? You may wants to ask, how its is foolish or stupid...
Re: I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv by Kobojunkie: 5:48pm On Apr 07
Firefly2017:
My question now is, I'm I wrong for not going to church on Sundays, since it is written, to not forsake the gathering of belivers[
Whether you are watching the American ones or the Nigerian kind, it's all the same religious scam. And no, you haven't grown at all "spiritually" as you claim, rather the delusion has become more convincing to you. undecided

If you spent much of that time practicing a new hobby or learning a new craft, you would gain a lot more meaning to you. lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional / Let God! Not Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.