Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users (8819 Views)

Twitter Added 1.6M Daily Active Users This Past Week, Another All-time High / FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians / How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by BrandSpurNG: 9:46pm On Apr 22, 2018
Truecaller just announced that it has hit 100 million daily active users globally. With this new achievement, Truecaller in less than a year has moved passed from 100 million monthly active users (MAUs) to 100 million daily active users (DAUs).

Trucaller started off as a simple Caller ID and spam blocking application and has evolved into a full-fledged communications platform with calls, SMS, Flash Messages and payment services. The company has also said that Trucaller has become a resource for women’s safety in many countries and has helped in e-commerce and courier services around the globe to facilitate the difficult last mile of delivery or allow more people to experience a data-only product in offline mode.

Commenting on the same, Alan Mamedi, CEO & co-founder said:

It was so big, in fact, that Truecaller is pleased and excited to announce that we now have more than 100 million daily active users using our app for their daily communication. There are only a handful of mobile-only services that impact as many users each and every day, and we are humbled to be able to join this exclusive group. 

We’re continuously working to make your communication more safe and efficient and the fact that so many of you have joined us validates our mission. We’re excited to see what the next decade and 100+ million users bring us. So, to all millions of users who helped us get here – thank you

With more than 20% of its user base in Africa, Truecaller app service identifies more than half a billion calls a monthly in the region, and 50 percent of SMS received are spam. In Nigeria the application blocks and filters more than 13 million calls and 25 million spam SMSes per month.

The world has come a long way
From people predominantly using Nokia and BlackBerry phones to a wide array of Androids and Apple’s, technology is constantly evolving around us. The cost of both mobile phones and data continues to plunge, people all around are now armed with connected devices.

In emerging markets, there is an increased importance placed on smartphones in peoples’ daily lives. It’s their primary gateway to the internet, their connection with family and friends, people abroad, and increasingly their main banking and finance tool.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/truecaller-reaches-100-million-daily-active-users/

5 Likes

Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by postbox: 7:03am On Apr 23, 2018
cool
Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by Jh0wsef(m): 7:23am On Apr 23, 2018
Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by okomile(f): 7:23am On Apr 23, 2018
Aiit
Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by inoki247: 7:23am On Apr 23, 2018
Foolish apps... Daz aw Someone saved my Grandma numba with Witch... She callled my number the next thing i saw is witch... i couldn't pick the call cause i start tinking witch av started tinking my mata.

31 Likes

Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 23, 2018
angry. Na em dem Commander Abba Kyari use Catch Evans grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by Oyindidi(f): 7:24am On Apr 23, 2018
And so?
Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by 9aiboard: 7:24am On Apr 23, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by Taidi(m): 7:24am On Apr 23, 2018
Almost every Nigerian makes use of it

1 Like

Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 23, 2018
nice one
Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by SamuelTurner(m): 7:25am On Apr 23, 2018
170000000 x 30 naira Was bbnaija total votes
Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by mysteriousman(m): 7:25am On Apr 23, 2018
This is quite dangerous, do we know if this app have a feed back system where all your data, emails, calls and messages can be remotely accessed and monitored. The more the network expands the more information the app gathers for its owners and this can be used yo influence a whole lot of events

1 Like

Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by Nathdoug(m): 7:26am On Apr 23, 2018
All thanks to Yahoo Yahoo Boys...
Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by danysi(m): 7:27am On Apr 23, 2018
USE OF ENGLISH:

" **We have a very young population; our population is estimated conservatively to be 180 million. More than 60 per cent of the population is below the age of 30. A lot of them have not been to school and they are claiming that Nigeria has been an oil producing country, therefore they should sit and do nothing and get housing, healthcare and education free* .

1. Identify where the word " LAZY" is hidden in the statement above. (30 marks)

2. Summarize the paragraph above in one sentence. (30 marks)

3. Is the statement above true or false.(10 marks)

4. Does the statement offend you? If yes, why? (30 marks). Good luck

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 23, 2018
grin cheesy cheesy Make you start to use am wink
Oyindidi:
And so?
Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by osaigbovo16(m): 7:28am On Apr 23, 2018
Abeg truecaller is bae.. Like is you enjoy, share if you don't.

8 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by latexxbro(m): 7:28am On Apr 23, 2018
wow this is creativity,Hod should bless me with this kind of Idea so I can prove that I'm not lazy
Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by Louiscutedude(m): 7:28am On Apr 23, 2018
Okay... So what is next?
Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:29am On Apr 23, 2018
inoki247:
Foolish apps... Daz aw Someone saved my Grandma numba with Witch... She callled my number the next thing i saw is witch... i couldn't pick the call cause i start tinking witch av started tinking my mata.
you can lie sha

1 Like

Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 23, 2018
grin grin angry
danysi:
USE OF ENGLISH:

" **We have a very young population; our population is estimated conservatively to be 180 million. More than 60 per cent of the population is below the age of 30. A lot of them have not been to school and they are claiming that Nigeria has been an oil producing country, therefore they should sit and do nothing and get housing, healthcare and education free* .

Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by Oyindidi(f): 7:29am On Apr 23, 2018
Fukafuka:
grin cheesy cheesy Make you start to use am wink
I dey use am. The the dey show my name to callers as Oyin. E dey annoy me cos them go dey ask me annoying question like your name na oyin?
Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by lenghtinny(m): 7:29am On Apr 23, 2018
danysi:
USE OF ENGLISH:

Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by engrjacuzzi: 7:30am On Apr 23, 2018
I dey find work Nairalanders..
Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by inoki247: 7:31am On Apr 23, 2018
VIPERVENOM:
you can lie sha

Dt apps dey lie for people name ooo.. Daz aw i saw someone calling me d oda day Too... i Saw ACID i run for my life

1 Like

Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by akeentech(m): 7:31am On Apr 23, 2018
engrjacuzzi:
I dey find work Nairalanders..
see my signature
Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 23, 2018
Oyindidi:
I dey use am. The the dey show my name to callers as Oyin. E dey annoy me cos them go dey ask me annoying question like your name na oyin?

Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by omoadeleye(m): 7:32am On Apr 23, 2018
all these Chinese apps dan upload our info to their country
Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by SalamRushdie: 7:37am On Apr 23, 2018
Impressive

1 Like

Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by martineverest(m): 7:38am On Apr 23, 2018
omoadeleye:
all these Chinese apps dan upload our info to their country
is Truecaller a Chinese app?
Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by tokrizy: 7:39am On Apr 23, 2018
I'm no1 tru3 caller user
Re: Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users by LushGreenz: 7:39am On Apr 23, 2018
Soon it will be acquired by another tech giant. And all tech giant will be handed over to AI

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Am Enjoying My Samsung Galaxy S4 Clone - Pictures / Please How Do I Reset My Smile 4LTE Password. / I Have Xiaomi Mi 11, Ask Me Any Question.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.