Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) (37806 Views)

Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller / How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? / Here's Why You Can't Call Your Number From Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2018
Does Truecaller invade your privacy? If yes, there is little you can do about it. If you have once added your number to Truecaller with certain details, then you can remove your number and clear other details.

The following steps will show you how to remove your number Truecaller and unlist it. Removing your number means your stored details eg Name, Email and Website will be erased.

Click on that three dotted people icon at the upper left

https://www.mazinoweb.com/2018/04/how-to-remove-your-number-from-truecaller.html

8 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2018
Click on Settings

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 29, 2018
Click on Privacy

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 29, 2018
Click on Deactivate

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 29, 2018
After deactivation, go to the Truecaller unlist page to unlist your number. Enter your number and click UNLIST PHONE NUMBER.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2018
According to Truecaller, it will take up to 24hours for your number to be completely removed from their directory. You can confirm by asking others to check for you.

Culled https://www.mazinoweb.com/2018/04/how-to-remove-your-number-from-truecaller.html

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by kunleweb: 2:09pm On Dec 29, 2018
Cool
Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by Flirtyjane(f): 5:32pm On Dec 31, 2018
Interesting. I needed this.

1 Like

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by Albert0011(m): 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2018
g
Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by timilehing(m): 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2018
You can only remove your profile. Your number and names will remain as long as people that uses truecaller stores your details on their phone

219 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by corpersforum(f): 8:43pm On Dec 31, 2018
nice
Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by 1x2x3: 8:43pm On Dec 31, 2018
I simply registered my number as ************* so that's what you will always see.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by Emu4life(m): 8:44pm On Dec 31, 2018
Educative

2 Likes

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by neezar: 8:44pm On Dec 31, 2018
Another food for scammers

This thread should be closed

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by stalwart123(m): 8:44pm On Dec 31, 2018
grin

My question is, can I still use it to detect other unknown numbers?

This robot below me is right. The name is already in their pool of contacts.
Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by Hotfreeze: 8:44pm On Dec 31, 2018
Guys, don't be misled, this is false.

Even if you delete your account with Truecaller, provided someone using Truecaller stored your number as a contact on his phone, the name used by the person for you would show on Truecaller app.

Read this
https://techcabal.com/2018/05/02/your-data-is-our-data-a-truecaller-breakdown/

35 Likes

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by akeentech(m): 8:45pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hotfreeze:
Guys, don't be misled, this is untrue

Nice one Op, Incase you have any difficulty on any IT related stuff contact me
Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by Onlinealaba(m): 8:47pm On Dec 31, 2018
This thread is for scammers..truecaller help me exposed alexwallace that scammed me..I will get you bro you can't hide forever ur female handle can't save u either.

10 Likes

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by DanDeeBoss(m): 8:48pm On Dec 31, 2018
I don't even use Truecaller...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by Premiumwriter: 8:50pm On Dec 31, 2018
1x2x3:
I simply registered my number as ************* so that's what you will always see.
wrong except you're a premium user. If not it's the most common name used to save your number that will be displayed.

3 Likes

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by Damfostopper(m): 8:50pm On Dec 31, 2018
I don't use truecaller abi falsecaller..... Wat's tha business

1 Like

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by Bantino(m): 8:51pm On Dec 31, 2018
Ok
Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by khaniku(m): 8:53pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hotfreeze:
Guys, don't be misled, this is false.

Even if you delete your account with Truecaller, provided someone using Truecaller stored your number as a contact on his phone, the name used by the person for you would show on Truecaller app.
Actually the Op is correct. I unlisted my number a year back and my number does not show up with any name on people’s phone with true caller. Doesn’t matter if the other party has true caller and saves your name as whatever, as long as it’s unlisted, it doesn’t show anything.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 31, 2018
mazinoweb:
Does Truecaller invade your privacy? If yes, there is little you can do about it. If you have once added your number to Truecaller with certain details, then you can remove your number and clear other details.

The following steps will show you how to remove your number Truecaller and unlist it. Removing your number means your stored details eg Name, Email and Website will be erased.

Click on that three dotted people icon at the upper left

https://www.mazinoweb.com/2018/04/how-to-remove-your-number-from-truecaller.html

Bull shyt, some1 added my business phone number on true caller without even I noticing till a friend told me , when he dials that particular number it shows my name + my business name.
e.g
Seun Nairaland grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by OlujobaSamuel: 8:59pm On Dec 31, 2018
One app I despise so much

2 Likes

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by bobbiiee: 9:02pm On Dec 31, 2018
Someone scammed my dad by giving him fake insurance cover. After I got the number, I went on truecaller, fortunately, I got his full name there. I initiated a chat with him, he acted as if the insurance cover was genuine. I took it up with the head office. They request for his name and phone number. Thanks to true caller. After 3 weeks of investigation, SUNU sent me another insurance cover with apology.

16 Likes

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by speedyconnect3: 9:03pm On Dec 31, 2018
Premiumwriter:
wrong except you're a premium user. If not it's the most common name used to save your number that will be displayed.

Which one is most common name.

It uses first name used by a true caller user to save your contact. This sounds logical

1 Like

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by Protein0: 9:03pm On Dec 31, 2018
timilehing:
You can only remove your profile. Your number and names will remain as long as people that uses truecaller stores your details on their phone
leave them na.

Except if people no save your number again cheesy cheesy

I think this thread should be closed. Truecaller has been useful to bursting crimes

2 Likes

Re: How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) by Fr33born(m): 9:04pm On Dec 31, 2018
I have removed mine several times and people keep adding it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Samsung's 8K TV, Q800t (2020) Worth 2.5 Million Naira?! / Hilarious Replys Of Nigerians On MTN FB Page For Their PROMO. / BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.