Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... (62367 Views)

You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians / Buy & Fix Your Motor Windscreen / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by shaddi(m): 12:30am On Jan 26, 2019
[quote author=shaddi post=75117462][/quote]

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by adejide2: 12:40am On Jan 26, 2019
Good morning car gurus in house. Kindly advice me on the choice of a good car considering its reliability, durability, ruggedness and easy maintenance and accord good status out of these cars. Road leading to my house is very rough. Highlander, Lexus rx, rav4 and Honda pilot. I am considering buy Nigeria used one at 1,500,000.00. Please don't forget the year and other relevant information
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by afuyebusayo: 4:59am On Jan 26, 2019
Where can I buy it in Ibadan?

quote author=MotorGuru post=75107819]

Use only Honda Dw1 ATF[/quote]
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by afuyebusayo: 5:01am On Jan 26, 2019
Where can I buy the Honda ATF in Ibadan
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by amiskurie(m): 5:42am On Jan 26, 2019
MotorGuru:
Free and unbiased consultations on vehicle diagnosis and fixes.

I am ready so Fire on!

Pls, what causes a car not to drive when it's started?

It's a Tokunbo Toyota corolla 2010 which i am supposed to go get from the Lagos port this morning.

I bought it from copart with the help of a brother.they didn't include transmission problem in the diagnosis details on the website when i bought it, that's why i am thinking it will be a minor issue.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by amiskurie(m): 5:46am On Jan 26, 2019
felmade:

How much would it cost to change the automatic transmission of 2010 Toyota Corolla?
I am also going to take delivery of a 2010 corolla, i was informed it didn't drive when started. But i think mine is just a minor problem because i bought it without inclusion of a transmission problem on the details.

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Ulrich01(m): 8:16am On Jan 26, 2019
MotorGuru can you recommend a car scanner product for me. One that is really good and accurate. Thanks
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:10pm On Jan 26, 2019
Nicholas4:
Good evening Motoguru. I posted earlier about my toyota corolla airbag light that didn't go off and suggested a new srs ECU. I'm about ordering another SRS ECU. Must the part number of the new one be identical with that of the old. The faulty one is 89170-02L00 while the one I'm buying is 89170-02190. Both 2004 corolla . Please will it work

Kindly provide your Car VIN.

Cc. Gazzuzz, Earthrealm
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:13pm On Jan 26, 2019
[quote author=shaddi post=75117516][/quote]

Your vehicle may be running lean.
Check the connections of your MAF sensor (what they call air flow meter). If Ok , remove sensor and clean with carburetor cleaner. If problems still persist replace sensor.

Ensure you do not have any vacuum leak.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2019
adejide2:
Good morning car gurus in house. Kindly advice me on the choice of a good car considering its reliability, durability, ruggedness and easy maintenance and accord good status out of these cars. Road leading to my house is very rough. Highlander, Lexus rx, rav4 and Honda pilot. I am considering buy Nigeria used one at 1,500,000.00. Please don't forget the year and other relevant information

add 300K and get a clean toks 2002/3 Rav4, Toks 1999 Lexus RX 300

If you insist on your budget, then i would advise your go for a V6 2001-03 Toyota Highlander(Naija used)

Please ensure you perform comprehensive Inspection before purchase. Most Nigerian used cars are pure evil.

2 Likes

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:18pm On Jan 26, 2019
afuyebusayo:

Cc. Timifakay
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:19pm On Jan 26, 2019
amiskurie:

It's a Tokunbo Toyota corolla 2010 which i am supposed to go get from the Lagos port this morning.

I bought it from copart with the help of a brother.they didn't include transmission problem in the diagnosis details on the website when i bought it, that's why i am thinking it will be a minor issue.

perform a VIN check on the car to ensure it is not a flooded vehicle. Check condition of ATF.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:21pm On Jan 26, 2019
amiskurie:

I am also going to take delivery of a 2010 corolla, i was informed it didn't drive when started. But i think mine is just a minor problem because i bought it without inclusion of a transmission problem on the details.
same as above.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:23pm On Jan 26, 2019
Ulrich01:
MotorGuru can you recommend a car scanner product for me. One that is really good and accurate. Thanks
Any Autel , Maxiscan or Launch product would be good.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nicholas4(m): 1:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
MotorGuru:

Kindly provide your Car VIN.

Cc. Gazzuzz, Earthrealm
2T1BR32E04C824035.
Thank you
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by adejide2: 1:47pm On Jan 26, 2019
[quote author=MotorGuru post=75131796]

add 300K and get a clean toks 2002/3 Rav4, Toks 1999 Lexus RX 300

If you insist on your budget, then i would advise your go for a V6 2001-03 Toyota Highlander(Naija used)

Please ensure you perform comprehensive Inspection before purchase. Most Nigerian used cars are pure evil.[/quote

Thanks very much for your response. I am thinking of highlander 2004or 2005. Any obejection?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:52pm On Jan 26, 2019
[quote author=adejide2 post=75132759][/quote]

Not bad.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by adejide2: 1:55pm On Jan 26, 2019
MotorGuru:

Not bad.
Does 2001/2003 Highlander has advantage over 2004/5?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by adejide2: 1:56pm On Jan 26, 2019
[quote author=MotorGuru post=75132899]

Not bad. [/quote
Does 2001/3 Highlander has advantage over 2094/5?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Ulrich01(m): 2:12pm On Jan 26, 2019
MotorGuru:

Any Autel , Maxiscan or Launch product would be good.

Thanks so much.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by CarGuideNG: 2:20pm On Jan 26, 2019
amiskurie:

MotorGuru:

perform a VIN check on the car to ensure it is not a flooded vehicle. Check condition of ATF.

Sometimes for several reasons some details about the degree of the damage to salvage vehicles are omitted from the auction details.

We recommend bidders not just rely on the information provided by the auction site, but get a more detailed history report.

Did the vehicle start, run and drive at the auction?

The ideal plan would be to have the car inspected prior to bidding, but that may not always be feasible or practical.

Get in touch with us for a FREE comprehensive history report for your vehicle. This covers flood damage, and much more.

https://www.nairaland.com/CarGuideNG

https:///+2347011116171
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by computerglobal(m): 3:10pm On Jan 26, 2019
amiskurie:

Auction companies wont tell you the level of damage on transmission.
You need to do the following before buying a used vehicle overseas

1)Vin check .You can contact Computerglobal on 08060365068 for your comprehensive vehicle report
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

2)Get an inspection :
Copart provides a list of professional Inspectors for your convenience.

Visit www.copart.com for more assistance or you can contact us for assistance

This gives you the total vehicle condition that you cannot find on vin checks/copart auction vehicles

There are some cases vehicles on auction will read <run and drive >and whem you are about to get your car out of copart yard vehicle wont start under its own power

MotorGuru:

perform a VIN check on the car to ensure it is not a flooded vehicle.

Free flooded car check on vehicles.
https://www.nairaland.com/4030035/free-flood-damaged-vehicle-checks

It is important to note that this is just a check to see if your car is flood damaged or not as it does not include a vin report that reports other concerning issues on your vehicle brands.

Contact us directly on Whats-app now . Just a click away.
https:///+2348060365068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by shaddi(m): 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2019
I have carried out this procedure countless times even changed the MAF sensor!... Drop your contact let's discuss if its possible!
MotorGuru:

Your vehicle may be running lean.
Check the connections of your MAF sensor (what they call air flow meter). If Ok , remove sensor and clean with carburetor cleaner. If problems still persist replace sensor.

Ensure you do not have any vacuum leak.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by timifakay(m): 8:02pm On Jan 27, 2019
afuyebusayo:

Leventis- between Sango and Premier hotel.

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Jbleenk: 5:38am On Jan 28, 2019
Been getting bad reviews about bmw. Is Bmw really that unreliable? I’m looking at buying a bmw 3 series I need as much info as possible.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:16am On Jan 28, 2019
Jbleenk:
Been getting bad reviews about bmw. Is Bmw really that unreliable? I’m looking at buying a bmw 3 series I need as much info as possible.

High cost of maintenance.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Moneystopnonsen: 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2019
Good day motor guru. My car issues are as stated

my whole car body plus engine, jerks when gear is engaged in drive or reverse, and the intensity of this jerk depends on how long i use the car.

The jerk is very minimal in the morning at first drive but subsequently, the more i drive around the more very very violent the jerk becomes.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by FrankFrenzy(m): 1:51pm On Jan 28, 2019
MotorGuru:
Here for you.

Greetings bro
Please how reliable is Honda accord 2004?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 3:38pm On Jan 28, 2019
Moneystopnonsen:

my whole car body plus engine, jerks when gear is engaged in drive or reverse, and the intensity of this jerk depends on how long i use the car.

The jerk is very minimal in the morning at first drive but subsequently, the more i drive around the more very very violent the jerk becomes.
What vehicle is this sir?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 3:39pm On Jan 28, 2019
FrankFrenzy:

Greetings bro
Please how reliable is Honda accord 2004?
Very.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2019
Moneystopnonsen:

What car is this sir?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by afuyebusayo: 5:16pm On Jan 28, 2019
Pls which office in particular?

quote author=timifakay post=75173670]

Leventis- between Sango and Premier hotel. [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video / Would You Buy This Joystick & Butt-Shaped Car? (Photos) / Man Uses "Juju" To Secure His Car After It Broke Down In A Ghetto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.