Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? (34352 Views)

N65 Charge On Third-party ATM Withdrawals Takes Effect Today / CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms / N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by eros(m): 7:42pm On Jun 04, 2010
I will simply advise you block your ATM and go the traditional way of withdrawing your money over the counter. Ever since this same incident happened to a close friend, i went to the bank to block my ATM and go to bed with peace of mind.

Getting a lawyer or going to court might be a waste of time and money. I will suggest you go to your bank branch, engage them in a shouting bout, threaten them with CBN and let the manager strike a deal with you. angry angry angry The shouting bout and CBN threat works wonders. wink wink wink
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by ojesus: 8:42pm On Jun 04, 2010
am sorry 2 hear u & really feel ur pain, diplomacy cud work out btw d 2 of u with a lot less effort & a lot less expense
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by wazobiang: 9:08pm On Jun 04, 2010
your case is fishy. honestly. how are you going to prove they did not send you an sms. if they did not send you an sms then it means its a gtb insider job. thats a more damning accusation and i find it hard to see gtb own up to such. the law is complex because if their system show that they sent you an alert, any judge can restfully assume that your dog intercepted the sms messages and deleted them before you could read them. and that is whether you have a dog or not. after that he's going to have a glass of whisky content with striking out yet another phony claim.

this is an all new claim bros. sorry.
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by papaejima2: 9:30pm On Jun 04, 2010
My wife is a banker and she tells me that majority of ATM frauds are inside jobs. So all these talks of compromising your PIN physically do not hold water. Even if someone knows your PIN, he would need to clone the card and you can not do this without knowing the account name and card number. The most common way to compromise your PIN is online.

The banks know that majority of these ATM fraud are perpetrated by their staffers but they will always pass the buck to you. For the poster, If you can afford it (it might take some years), I advise you to gather some evidence that can be admitted in court. You can do this if you can get an insider there to cooperate with you. Their failure to send transaction alerts to you is an indication of an inside job and is your best tool to argue for negligence in court. Alternatively, you can go to your branch and make a lot of noise, real noise that will capture the attention of other customers and their managers. One thing that the banks don't like is negative publicity and they will surely hear you out. Even this thread is enough negative publicity for GTB.
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by papaejima2: 9:34pm On Jun 04, 2010
My wife is a banker and she tells me that majority of ATM frauds are inside jobs. So all these talks of compromising your PIN physically do not hold water. Even if someone knows your PIN, he would need to clone the card and you can not do this without knowing the account name and card number. The most common way to compromise your PIN is online.

The banks know that majority of these ATM fraud are perpetrated by their staffers but they will always pass the buck to you. For the poster, If you can afford it (it might take some years), I advise you to gather some evidence that can be admitted in court. You can do this if you can get an insider there to cooperate with you. Their failure to send transaction alerts to you is an indication of an inside job and is your best tool to argue for negligence in court. Alternatively, you can go to your branch and make a lot of noise, real noise that will capture the attention of other customers and their managers. One thing that the banks don't like is negative publicity and they will surely hear you out. Even this thread is enough negative publicity for GTB.
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by wallex1983(m): 10:27pm On Jun 04, 2010
Why should as much as N1000 be deducted from our accounts in the name of mastercard? cant we be informed b4 anytin of such is done? Why should it even cost as much as N1k? this is INJUSTICE
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by bigfoot79(m): 11:33pm On Jun 04, 2010
@ poster .Of course you can seek redress in the court of law. There are a couple of similar cases am currently handling now just that i am representing not the customers but the banks that had been sued, by people like yourself. So you can also do it, but note that litigation (which is your best bet )is slow and time consuming, Hope your bank is not one my clients sha.
@wazobia that is easy to establish, the court will order his network provider to print out his message history for that period
@ ojesus no amount of diplomacy wil make the bank cough out a dime if they can't see a threat in his case
@eros, Error error error shout in a bank? Haba
@RelATE yours is a simple problem of internet it will always be solved easily as long you complain on time
@Samuella you seem to know much about this stuff EXCEPT THAT HE MAY WIN THE BANK IN COURT, the judge is a human being remember
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by bigfoot79(m): 11:48pm On Jun 04, 2010
@ poster .Of course you can seek redress in the court of law. There are a couple of similar cases am currently handling now just that i am representing not the customers but the banks that had been sued, by people like yourself. So you can also do it, but note that litigation (which is your best bet )is slow and time consuming, Hope your bank is not one my clients sha.
@wazobia that is easy to establish, the court will order his network provider to print out his message history for that period
@ ojesus no amount of diplomacy wil make the bank cough out a dime if they can't see a threat in his case
@eros, Error error error shout in a bank? Haba
@RelATE yours is a simple problem of internet it will always be solved easily as long you complain on time
@Samuella you seem to know much about this stuff EXCEPT THAT HE MAY WIN THE BANK IN COURT, the judge is a human being remember
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by GurusForum: 11:58pm On Jun 04, 2010
I read all the advice and complaint about ATM fraud and GTB.

To be frank with you, I have two accounts with GTB, one with
UBA and another one with FirstBank. In all, GTB is not better
than any of them.

I have suffered lots of damage because of GTB and I think I
should get out all my money and say to them "Good bye". The
same thing happened to my colleagues. They make lots of noise
but they don't have strong insider security control.

If you adopt lots of internet banking facilities, you should
provide strong mechanism for stopping ambitious thieves working
in the IT dept of the bank from altering client's info. But it
seems, they don't.

It's better we shine our eyes and bank with other better banks.
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by mistakay: 1:05am On Jun 05, 2010
I Love GTB kiss
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by vasill(m): 9:46am On Jun 05, 2010
My guy, sorry once again. D truth is dat banks generally are SCAMMERS (thieves). I hv always made it a standing principle never 2 use ATM after my ordeal wt UBA. So I moved 2 Fidelity bank, unlike previously were u open an account without asking questions, I did:
1 Do u charge online transfers? Ans; No
2 Do u charge any form of service charges? Ans; No.
3  Must I use d Atm card? Ans; No.
4 Any hidden charges? Ans; No.
So I opened the acc. Banks as a matter of law ar mandated 2 give a customer, monthly statement of acc. but they don't, so dat u don't see d ridiculous charges on ur acc. So out of curiosity I demanded 4 one, only 2 discover dat am been penalize 4 every withdraw less than 50k because I ws nt using an Atm. Each charge ws 100naira & within d period of 3months it was 1200naira. D most funny aspect was dat 4 a savings acc. d interest was 664naira(interest been once quarterly). Now I hv decided 2 move my money. Banks generally think because they hv access 2 ur acc. they can deduct at will. This is a clear case of official fraud using CBN practising license. Say no 2 bank tricks.
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by usbcable(m): 10:19am On Jun 05, 2010
mistakay:

I Love GTB kiss
love kor love ni.
when the customer base of an organization skyrockets beyond its means and projections suddenly, expect occurences like this.
GTB profited most from the sanusi saga but their infrastructure was not upgraded in consonant with the customer growth thats why their banking halls are more crowded than ever, their A.T.M and other electronic banking channels experience more down time and fraud, and its harder keeping up with transactions volume requests.
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by neuro: 12:30pm On Jun 05, 2010
@Jeffman and countryman, thanks a lot, may i communicate wt u guys via email?
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by erico2k2(m): 12:50pm On Jun 05, 2010
Im waiting for the day somebody would take them Banks to the Court and win,that wil teach them something, here in the Uk,banks are laible if your money was stollen as far as they cant prove you did the withdrawal yourself.But in Nigeria i think most of the banks still operate in the one layer security system on bank cards, but last time I was in 9ja I noticed some banks have upgraded to the 2nd layer technology in first bank they call it Verve card I think. and it seems most people on here are confusing CHip and PIn technology with the ordinary swipe cards even though there is a chip and you use pin code,in swipe cards which are the ordinary cards there is an intaraction between your card and the bank Via interswitch but with verver car which has 2nd layer security its intaraction is just with the ATM and the card end of,so for your card to be compromised the thieves physically need to have your card in thier hand and cloned or you put your card fru a compromised ATM and also they very importantly,they dont need your pin.
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by neuro: 1:08pm On Jun 05, 2010
embarassed @ Knotty , @ Agitator, I thank u for at least contributing bt i mst tell u i am highly incensed by ur comments suggesting dt dis post is jst an attempt @ publicity or advertisement. OMG!!! hw cd u thnk like dt? Now for d records and for d sake of others who may toll ur lines of thnkn hear dis
I dnt knw any of d people u talked abt.
2. I dnt even live in nigeria!!! check my ip address if u cn , u will see i'm communicating frm Italy!! The incident happened last year while I was in d country.
3. The acct is domiciled at GTB Ilupeju, u cn go and find out
im tryn nt 2 get angry bt im compelled to hate dis nonsense! Many people hv said things dt r nt exactly complimentary bt suggesting a publicity stunt is jst an opinion carried too far for God's sake
check my profile and u will see dt i joined NL a couple of weeks ago, I dnt sell books, I am a doctoral student in an italian lab
type my real name Oyadeyi A.S on Google and you will see some of my scientific publications and d fact that I work for a Nigerian University as well
I am angry , very angry
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by neuro: 1:37pm On Jun 05, 2010
I thank u all for d different shades ot opinions and suggestions
I hv nt been replying to individual posts cos i did nt get a reply notification frm NL, maybe its cos i changed my email ad sometime ago or cos d post was moved frm another section.
anyway thank u all.
Well, i cnt understand hw d PIN cd hv been compromised,d odds r stacked heavily against it.
At no time did the ATM card leave my possession. When i went to complain @ d bank I showed them my ATM card
The bank said it wld investigate and get back to me, I just sent them a reminder
Yes i was receiving transaction notifications well before d incident, but shortly before d fraud withdrawals they stopped, and almost immediately after d acct was emptied the resumed.
Yes i knw dtits extremely to prove that there ws no PIN compromise, yes , dts why my argument is on d negligence of d bank in sending alerts, a service for which they charge me. Dt i cnt prove dt there wnt PIN compromise does nt mean there was,there r many thns we knw r true bt which we cn neva prove.
I read extensively abt d different ways fraudsters perpetrate dis evil, and it may interest those people who support d PIN COMPROMISE THEORY dt there r many ways this thn is done. Just pray u dnt fall a victim
I thnk we will continue to use ATM anyway, every technology has its archille's heel.
Again, i wrote to get suggestions and advice, nt to try a publicity stunt, i hv nothn 2 gain frm dt rubbish
Thank you all well-meaning NLanders, im most grateful.
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by tundekas(m): 3:25pm On Jun 05, 2010
Why is it common wit GTB? same thing happend to my neighbour, a student. we stay in abeokuta.someone in festac deducted N5000 from her account using a cloaned ATM card. All GTB could offer is for her to apply Another ATM MASTERCARD. she has accepted her fate. i run the gtb as well. i get all sort of fradulent email on daily basis. something has to be done.
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by tundekas(m): 3:25pm On Jun 05, 2010
Why is it common wit GTB? same thing happend to my neighbour, a student. we stay in abeokuta.someone in festac deducted N5000 from her account using a cloaned ATM card. All GTB could offer is for her to apply Another ATM MASTERCARD. she has accepted her fate. i run the gtb as well. i get all sort of fradulent email on daily basis. something has to be done.
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by johndavid1(m): 6:26pm On Jun 05, 2010
@ poster sorry oh! it has happened to me but in oceanic bank
my advice to you is that if you know that you don't have enough money for this you better leave it oh
there is a saying that he that fight and run away lives to fight another day oh undecided undecided undecided
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by teric(m): 6:48pm On Jun 05, 2010
In my own opinion, i think some GTB staffs knows so much about this act cos most of the ATM frauds happen thru their bank. Greater percent of you guys will simply agree with me you do receive series of fraudulent mails from these people with GTB emails addresses, so I strongly advise people to stop using ATM cards.
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by frdolaclub(m): 6:54pm On Jun 05, 2010
I only pray you dont fall a victim. It can happen to anybody. Just be on the guide!
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by polys: 9:05pm On Jun 05, 2010
It happens in every bank. I lost N80,400 last year from my Oceanic account. They claimed it was withdrawn from a Fidelity ATM close by. I approached Fidelity and they boasted of having a picture of the thieve. After stringing me along for 2 months, they told me they can't release the picture unless my Oceanic branch writes to the Oceanic headquarters in Lagos and the Headquarters writes to their head quarters and they recieve instructions. Then they will send the photo through same channel to my branch. Why would Fidelity bank try to protect the identity of a thief? At that point, I realized what was going on.

Money is not being withdrawn by anybody. The banks have insiders who steal customers money. Unfortunately for them, they have no infrastructure in place to trace. In order not to take responsibility and have to refund customers money back, they simply accuse you or waste you time till you get tired. To make matters worse, Interswitch does not have a clue on how to secure the card system better and being a monopoly, they simply don't care.

Till today, a year has gone by and the letters have never gotten to their destination. I have also not gotten any money back. It's really sad and I weep for Nigeria to see so much being stolen from people trying to make a living and yet, CBN is nowhere to be found.

By the way, you people calling others stupid for releasing PIN, just wait till it is your turn. My ATM card never left my pocket.
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by Ife007(m): 10:38pm On Jun 05, 2010
After carefully read the Whole posts here,
I'm thinking of saving my money under my pillow rather than put in Banks.
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by iice(f): 4:42am On Jun 06, 2010
Ife007:

After carefully read the Whole posts here,
I'm thinking of saving my money under my pillow rather than put in Banks.

lol for real oo grin
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by pak: 6:27am On Jun 06, 2010
@OP

Am sorry to barge in on your thread but I have a similar case and I'll need advice on what to do because this GTB guys are really dissapointing me and making me angry.

Over two weeks ago I tried to withdraw N60, 000 from my account from an Oceanic Quickcash ATM at an airport using my GTB mastercard.
Only N20, 000 got dispensed but 60, 000 was deducted from my account. I made a complaint at GTB and thats where am really losing my cool. They have been so lackadaisical about my complaints, The ATM officer just told me she has sent the request (for over two weeks) and the response is pending, no confirmation of my partial dispense, no refund, no promise of refund, nothing just pending and am really losing it. Infact the ATM officer told me point blank that there is nothing I can do about it, I asked her what other steps she (or her bank) can take and she just said nothing

Though I hate to go through this stress for 'just 40k' but its my money for crying out loud.
I intend to escalate my pursuit of this case next week and I already have some course of action in mind
but am still open to advice from informed Nland members or people who have gone thru such an ordeal before with GTB (or any bank for that matter) on how to handle this issue
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by tundekas(m): 9:22am On Jun 06, 2010
In this kind of senario, it doesnt take more than two weeks before the money is refunded. i had the same experience with first bank. in my own case, my account was debited wit N4.000 and no money was dispatch. i went straight to the bank manager. she told me i should have patience for a day or two that the money will return. i told her i needed the money urgently if their is anything she could do to help. she told me nothing.i went to the main branch where i opend the account.report the case.they had to send letter to the branch of first bank where my money is being deductd. believe me i waited for two weeks before it was refunded.i suggest u report the case to the branch u open the account.
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by neuro: 11:20am On Jun 06, 2010
@Pak
@tundekas
pak, ur case is different, ur prob ws incorrectly dispensed cash, & dt happens quite freqly.I hv had several of dt as well, and d last i hd ws at a UBA bank using my Skye bank card. i jst got a refund last month, and d incident happened last year july!! Dnt be scared though,i wsnt in d country 2 push strongly. i hd 2 do everythn by correspondence
however I ASSURE u,u will get ur money back. Pls b patient though, cos it takes some time. and u DON"T need a court action,its nt so difficult.d prob is d 2 banks hv 2 communicate, then d bank dt owns d ATM machine wld literally rewind their books to locate d undispensed money, and coupled wt admin bureaucracies, time is inevitably lost. try to be patient.
in my case,somebody actually used an ATM card to withdraw money frm my acct while my card ws still wt me,i got to knw only when i met an empty acct wen i went to make a withdrawal.
Totally different man
regards
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by pak: 3:19pm On Jun 06, 2010
@Tundekas
Thanks for sharing about your case, quite encouraging
but the issue is, mine was an inter bank transaction i.e. used a GTB card on an oceanic quickcash ATM
and its already over 3 weeks and I've definitely been to the branch where my account was opened.

@nuero
Thanks for your response
but am quite suprised at your take on my post

You opened the thread and threatened fire(legal action) against GTB
I have just complained about a problem with the same bank, though not exactly same as yours but
still involves being deprived of ones hard earned cash, and you are advising (and infact pleading with) me not take
a legal recourse.
You were infact 'ASSURING' me and telling me i 'DONT' need court action in caps.
Are you a staff of GTB or CBN or EFCC or NIPPS or what ? How come you are bold enough to
give such assurances, something does not smell right here.

If my case goes as yours, that means I will be denied of value for my money for 11 months.
Can you imagine if perhaps I become a multi millonaire by that time, then the value of 40k will no longer
be the same to me and I would have lost the value I could have enjoyed on it now forever.
Or If God forbid, I need money so much very soon and I have to borrow 40k, will they agree
to pay the interest on my loan then ?

My major problem is even their lackasaidical attitude, just telling me 'pending' and nothing more
I work in IT and I know it takes less than a day to get responses from Interswitch as regards transaction details.

Am not angry neuro just a bit taken aback by your angle.

however am still open to advice as regards my next course of action
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by neuro: 8:00pm On Jun 07, 2010
pak:

@Tundekas
Thanks for sharing about your case, quite encouraging
but the issue is, mine was an inter bank transaction i.e. used a GTB card on an oceanic quickcash ATM
and its already over 3 weeks and I've definitely been to the branch where my account was opened.

@nuero
Thanks for your response
but am quite suprised at your take on my post

You opened the thread and threatened fire(legal action) against GTB
I have just complained about a problem with the same bank, though not exactly same as yours but
still involves being deprived of ones hard earned cash, and you are advising (and infact pleading with) me not take
a legal recourse.
You were infact 'ASSURING' me and telling me i 'DONT' need court action in caps.
Are you a staff of GTB or CBN or EFCC or NIPPS or what ? How come you are bold enough to
give such assurances, something does not smell right here.

If my case goes as yours, that means I will be denied of value for my money for 11 months.
Can you imagine if perhaps I become a multi millonaire by that time, then the value of 40k will no longer
be the same to me and I would have lost the value I could have enjoyed on it now forever.
Or If God forbid, I need money so much very soon and I have to borrow 40k, will they agree
to pay the interest on my loan then ?

My major problem is even their lackasaidical attitude, just telling me 'pending' and nothing more
I work in IT and I know it takes less than a day to get responses from Interswitch as regards transaction details.

Am not angry neuro just a bit taken aback by your angle.

however am still open to advice as regards my next course of action

@Pak, well it's ok bt ,like u, i also feel u did nt really ustand my position.i guess d feeling is mutual somehow, howbeit nt accurate.
No i dnt work for GTB, neither do i hv a family member dt works there, i'm a man of the research laboratory with absolutely no inclination 2wards commerce-related careers.
If u read my initial post again, i DID NOT THREATEN legal action against gtb, no. i said i was CONSIDERING it as an option, dt ws why i asked for inputs anyway.little shades of semantics cd mean a lot. I'm considering dt cos in my case d bank is saying im guilty of carelessnes, which im nt. This is 1 area where urs is different. Yes i understand d bank is passive abt it bt d bank hs nt said to u "no, we cnt do anythn abt ur lost money" i thnk the 2 are different.in my case they said dt!!(well maybe they said dt bt u hv nt told us dt)
I capitalised my words in d context of logical reasoning and personal experience and d experiences of many others dt i know. It's d same as somebody saying "ur father WILL NOT kill u, i ASSURE u", dt doesnt mean fathers never kill there children, bt within d limits of reason, considering d odds for and against, a person might issue such assurance. Wen i said dt im simply saying dt u hv a case, d bank knows, d bank hs nt outrightly said no u dnt hv a case, many people hv experienced d same thn & they hv resolved it without going to court(I hv done 1, at least), u will waste time & money & ultimately kill a mosquito wt a scud missile, so i concluded it ws nt necessary
wanna hear d truth? banks are never serious, all banks r neva in a hurry to attend to ur complaints,all banks show apathy, lassitude and passivity when relating 2 customers, in naija !!
Understand dt in my case i ws nt ard d country to give proper follow up.so urs doesnt hv to take dt long. though when i showed up it still didnt move as i expected. But some peole hv rsolved theirs in few weeks. Injustice of any kind makes my blood boil, while im angry at such a system dt deprives u of ur hard-earned money, im also realistic enough to know dt such things happen in a country like ours. Its dis thot dt takes d pressure out of u and makes u pursue ur money. I ustand dt its nt very nice while u r waiting and going round to talk to some people who thnk they r doing u a favour by being ur bank. See dis is nigeria!!thns dnt happen as fast as u thnk they shld. And to be fair to d system, inter-bank stuffs , expectedly, may take some time. In my own case, when my wife was threatening fire and brimstone, and she felt i was too understanding, i took her to d bank manager who graphically painted d difficulty of tracing such money, while also admitting their own laxity and irresponsibility.
If ur bank , for example, can push things fast, cn they go and push d other bank? Im only saying u might need to be patient cos experience hs shown dt u will win.
However if u still feel dt im holding briefs for d bank, please feel free to institute legal action o!!!!! bt , if my statistics was right as at january 2010, u wld be d first person to sue a bank over non-dispensing, and wrong debiting by a money machine. of course ther's no prob wt dt .
I was taught dt d shortest distance between any 2 points is a straight line. bt of course even a trapezoid itinerary wld lead there, after some time
So dis is my story o, nothing personal here, jst advising like a friend, pls excuse my, whatever u see it as, bt i mean absolutely well.
I share ur pain, im going thru mine quietly also, and believe me im still using gentle diplomacy with d bank now despite d fact dt d lost money ws part of wt i ws supposed 2 use during d christening of my child!! i knw if i push dem too hard and too rough and threaten court action, they will say fine lets go, and i will spend millions to look for thousands.dt doesnt mean iv ruled out legal action bt its my last resort.
opinions are like noses, everybody has one, if u feel differently, i ustand, no prob at all at all o!!!!!!!
sorry for writing a volume
i rest my case
Good luck man
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by jaynuj: 2:09pm On Jun 08, 2010
dear poster,urs is pathetic.losing such an amount.first and foremost,ensure that you fill a complaint form at gtb so they could ascertain if cash was dispensed.atimes,d cash withdrawls could be unsuccessful and you,d be debited.its a network thing that could be easily reversed.
secondly,if withdrawal was made,i,m sorry u dont have a case with the bank.like someone said earlier,atimes pple use their cards in crowded places or even enter their pin in full glare of pple standing bye.they also forget to pick their receipt which contains d card no.thats all d criminal needs to withdraw.he clones an exact replica of ur card with the card no and use d pin he sighted.u might be surprised to be in ph and cash is being withdrawn at the same time in lagos with same card no.pls ensure dat card is blocked immediately.also ensure u get a visa or verve card as approved recently by cbn if u dnt hAve one.they cant be cloned easily.if u make a case with d bank,chances of winning is 10-20% cos it,ll be termed as negligence.also be careful abt using ur card in public atm.cbn has instructed dey be dismantled.these thieves have a device dey slot in(cant remember what its called again)which captures all ur details d moment u slot in ur card.there,s nothing wrong with atm.ve had mine for yrs without a single prob.al u need is to be careful and stay informed.finally,pls dont divulge ur details to any one or organisation dat asks 4 ur pin esp.via mail or sms claiming ur card needs upgrade!
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by agitator: 8:49am On Jun 11, 2010
neuro:

embarassed @ Knotty , @ Agitator, I thank u for at least contributing bt i mst tell u i am highly incensed by your comments suggesting dt dis post is jst an attempt @ publicity or advertisement. OMG!!! hw cd u thnk like dt? Now for d records and for d sake of others who may toll your lines of thnkn hear dis
I dnt knw any of d people u talked abt.
2. I dnt even live in nigeria!!! check my ip address if u cn , u will see i'm communicating frm Italy!! The incident happened last year while I was in d country.
3. The acct is domiciled at GTB Ilupeju, u cn go and find out
im tryn nt 2 get angry bt im compelled to hate dis nonsense! Many people hv said things dt r nt exactly complimentary bt suggesting a publicity stunt is jst an opinion carried too far for God's sake
check my profile and u will see dt i joined NL a couple of weeks ago, I dnt sell books, I am a doctoral student in an italian lab
type my real name Oyadeyi A.S on Google and you will see some of my scientific publications and d fact that I work for a Nigerian University as well
I am angry , very angry

So, how many have you sold? tongue
Re: Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? by lashane: 12:25am On Jun 26, 2010
need to state here that i am very convinced at this point that GT BANK has gotten bad eggs in their work force.In march my broda was praying in d mosque when he recieved series of tx mess.He had been defrauded to d tune of 300,000k.After a proctracted wait,they eventually sent a third letter yesterday stating that they are not liable for the loss. Its so painful,i bliv d staffs maintaining their database are prime suspect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bernard Madoff: The Man Who Ran The World's Largest Ponzi Scheme Dies / BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price / How Do You Make Your Own Money Online? Internet Marketers Lets Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.