Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:01 PM

Sins Of My Parents - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sins Of My Parents (12981 Views)

My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie / The Sins Of The Son / For The Sins Of My Parents (very Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sins Of My Parents by Oyinprince(m): 9:24pm On Apr 23, 2018
Written by Tisa Phiri, writer of MAD IN LOVE

[center]SINS OF MY PARENTS[/center]

She is so sad and sorrowful. Her heart aches and gives way to the greatest kind of despair. So great is her inner pain that she picks a knife with the sweet thought of ending her life. Why?

Many years ago, Rachael, her mother who was once married to Joe, left Joe and Nathan her one day old baby because Joe was a drunk, a cheat and an irresponsible man. Three years later, Rachael met Thaobo and got married to him. God blessed Rachael and Thaobo with three children; a girl and two boys. Nora the girl grew up to become a physiotherapist. As fate would have it, the hospital Nora worked for deployed her to Joe’s house to be his personal nurse at Joe’s request. Nora and Nathan fell deeply in love with each other and in their moment of uncontrolled emotions and passions, slept with each other and decided to get married to each other. Finally, they found out about their parenthood, but there is a mystery behind Nora’s birth and all the challenges faced by both families because beyond the human eye, lies great evils spawned by ENEMIES. Find out the great mystery behind the scene as you read this mind-blowing story.

Source: http://youngicee.com/2018/04/hot-new-story-sins-parents.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sins Of My Parents by Oyinprince(m): 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2018
SINS OF MY PARENTS EPISODE 1

Rachael looks at her phone once again. It was the hundredth time she was checking time. she glanced at the empty pillow next to her. "Where are you this time of the night Joe? " she whispered in the silence of the dark room. Her husband had not returned since he told her he was going to visit some friends. That was around 16 hours and now it was 01 am her husband was no where to be seen.
She recalled the moments they spent together before they married, he was so loving and caring. He was always taking her out for dinner, some movies as well as taking walks around the township. she knew from the way he respected her and talked to her on phone most of the time that he was going to love her and be there for her always.
But now here she was a year in her marriage and he had started coming late home. she shed a tear, " It's not fair Joe that you treat me this way."
She slowly sat up from the bed careful not to hurt her baby in her womb, she was heavily pregnant with only weeks towards her due date. She went to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator, poured some cold water in a glass cup and walked to the living room with one hand holding her belly.
As she sat down she felt her baby kick and she let a smile. "what is it my Angel?" she whispered, "did I woke you too? Am sorry my baby. I know you can feel my sadness. I wish your father was always here for us, but he has chosen another kind of life that leaves the two of us out of his life." she wipped a tear forming in her eyes when she heard the door open.
Looking at the wall click, it was almost 03 am. her husband walked in with a bottle of beer. He looked at Rachael sitted on the dinning chair and shouted, "what are you doing up this time woman?, you don't know where the bedroom is?" She looked at him and shook her head." so you come this time and instead of asking how I am or your child, all you do is talk nonsense? I can't understand you anymore Joe. what has gotten over you these past months?" she scolded him as he threw himself on the couch.. " please spare me this morning with your nagging am so tired I want to sleep." closing his eyes he instantly fall asleep.
Rachael looked at him, his shirt was stained with lipstick. even his right chick had a mark of red lipstick. she felt a grip of pain in her chest and swallowed hard, with the energy she had remaining in her, she lifted herself to bed and lay down to sleep. "help me sleep God" she prayed silently as she wished she would just drown in sleep and feel the inner peace that she had not felt in a long time.
She was almost failing asleep when the loud ringing phone from the living room brought her eyes wide open again. she ignored it two more times and when it rang the 4th time she walked to the living room and found her husband still snoring. she grabbed the phone from his shirt pocket and looked at the still ringing phone. " helo !" she answered after sliding it open. It was quite for some seconds. "helo who is this?" She asked.
" helo " a feminine voice answered. "I want to talk to Joe" she responded.
" oh sorry he's sleeping " Rachael told the caller. "but I can deliver the message when he wakes up. what should I tell him? "
The voice on the other side sighed before adding, " oh just tell him I had a Great time last night and that I love him so much. I cannot wait for tomoro. "
" what?" Rachael asked her heart racing. "who are you? "
The lady on the other side let a laugh and shouted." am supposed to ask you that, are you his Secretary? "
Now Rachael was slowly pulling the chair and sitting down.she could not talk or say any more. she cut the line and silently walked back to the bed room after composing her self.
she knew her husband was cheating but for the other woman to mock her, it was too much to handle.
She felt a sharp pain in her stomac and later on her water broke. " oh my God not now please" she cried. her Labour had started even when she still had some time before her due date.
struggling , she walked back to wake her husband but all to no avail. he just turned looked at her and fall back asleep. she screamed to wake him so that he could help her go to the hospital but all efforts failed..
Struggling, she called her friend who lived two blocks away from her house. "please Monica come and drive me to the hospital. I can't drive and my husband is fast asleep he cannot woke up cause he is drunk". She begged crying as she hekd her belly in pain.
"Take it easy Rachael" her friend told her. "am coming there ASAP"
"thank you Monica" she whispered " God will bless you"
She slowly packed her bag with baby things and Walked out. Her friend drove in 5 minutes later and she went to lay in the back seat as they drove to Livingstone General hospital.
After hours of Labour, she successfully gave birth to a baby boy at exactly 10 30 in the morning. she looked at him and smilled, " thank you Jesus" she said holding him close to herself.
Monica who had stayed with her all this time had called Joe letting him know his wife was in Labour, but he didn't show up..
She looked at Rachael who's eyes were fixed on her baby and felt pity for her. her friend had changed a lot since she got married. she was always cheerful and in high spirits, but now she was all quite and thoughtful. Though she never said much about her marriage, Monica knew her friend was going through a rough time..
" Hey Rachael how are you feeling now?" she asked moving closer to the bed. Rachael smilled.. "I feel better though the doctor insists I stay here for a while so they observe me, they say I have lost a lot of blood.
"you going to be fine" Monica assured her, "the baby looks healthy we thank God.."
"Did you call your husband again?" Monica asked Rachael.. "no Monica.. what for ? If he is not here by now it means he is not interested. let him be, my friend he will come when he feels like it. I don't want to spoil this moment with thoughts of Joe so please if we can stop talking about him" she said holding her wrapped baby closer..
" sure " Monica nodded." what ever you say, let me just get you something to eat before I go home. I need to check on the kids."
"thank you so much" Rachael smiled. "what could I have done without you? " .
" Don't mention it " Monica rubbed her hand. " we are like sisters, we have been together since high school remember?"
" Yeah " she let a smile, " thank you anyways" she added
She sat upright in the hospital bed as she lay the baby down, recalling how she met her husband..
To be continued...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved.

read More here - www.youngicee.com/sins-of-my-parents

4 Likes

Re: Sins Of My Parents by Oyinprince(m): 9:30pm On Apr 23, 2018
Hello, I'm inviting you to join me here. Episodes will be at least four times a week.

HRHQueenPhil, sirblero, Ashiat39, MichaelBlake40, cyndy1000, uchihaclassiq, YINKS89, Aaaalexxx, SMARTgurUxxxxxxx, kakakoshina, Dessydemmy, hpymoment, Divepen1, Legendbeloved, Hayerh30, HayerhEmpresFIDEL30, SOPIGO, IAmXcessiz, Fshalom7,

DebbieAce , holahmihdeh
, Toluate, Mobecs , spending , ayosamlove
, EbonyQueen001 , KpagoGIN ,
Alexander15 , Tife101 , titanic1 ,
Drunkinlove , Eezohbae, Rollins777 ,
DimFemmy , itsmaoaom , Extremelygifted ,
WHIZKIDEFE , akpamma , yettielicious ,
Muzzbaba , dryakson , oluwatodimu1 ( m ), skubido
, Niwdog ( m ), stebam ( m ), Yemluvkid ,
kay29000 ( m ), menace001 , djpriopry
toyine1 , ViktorG , charityomojo ,
esOGUN , IamPopular

1 Like

Re: Sins Of My Parents by skubido(m): 11:10pm On Apr 23, 2018
Oyinprince:
Hello, I'm inviting you to join me here. Episodes will be at least four times a week.

HRHQueenPhil, sirblero, Ashiat39, MichaelBlake40, cyndy1000, uchihaclassiq, YINKS89, Aaaalexxx, SMARTgurUxxxxxxx, kakakoshina, Dessydemmy, hpymoment, Divepen1, Legendbeloved, Hayerh30, HayerhEmpresFIDEL30, SOPIGO, IAmXcessiz, Fshalom7,

DebbieAce , holahmihdeh
, Toluate, Mobecs , spending , ayosamlove
, EbonyQueen001 , KpagoGIN ,
Alexander15 , Tife101 , titanic1 ,
Drunkinlove , Eezohbae, Rollins777 ,
DimFemmy , itsmaoaom , Extremelygifted ,
WHIZKIDEFE , akpamma , yettielicious ,
Muzzbaba , dryakson , oluwatodimu1 ( m ), skubido
, Niwdog ( m ), stebam ( m ), Yemluvkid ,
kay29000 ( m ), menace001 , djpriopry
toyine1 , ViktorG , charityomojo ,
esOGUN , IamPopular

Present sir. Tanks for the calling.

Baba uno wan gri ooo, dey gbadun ur story. ride on baba

I dey follow u.
Re: Sins Of My Parents by Oyinprince(m): 2:43pm On Apr 24, 2018
SINS OF MY PARENTS EPISODE 2

She was heading home from a church service, singing some praise songs. Rachael was feeling the peace and joy that came with worshiping and praising God at the prayer meeting.
Just as she was about to turn and join the small road leading to her sisters Flats who she had gone to visit, she noticed a man standing by the side of the path. He was busy talking on his phone.
Rachael excused herself as she made an angle to avoid bumping into the man. he stopped her and greeted her. "am fine thank you" Rachael answered cheerfully. The man extended his hand. "am Joe" he said.
" oh Rachael" she responded shaking his hand. "sorry to bother you but my friend directed me to these flats but I cnt seem to locate the exact flat."
Racheal had explained the place Joe asked about.
The following day she met him again coming from the neighbour flat. They greeted each other and that was the begining of their friendship. They exchanged numbers and communicated frequently when she had gone to work as a marketing manager of ZSIC insurance company in the copperbelt.
After some time, Joe insisted she got a transfer back to livingstone where he was managing his father's company. Their love grew stronger and a year later they married with a powerful wedding ceremony.
All this time Joe had pretended he had stopped drinking and was a loving and caring man to Rachael. In her heart she was convinced he loved her and would always be there for her.
Until one day, 6 months down their marriage he came back home late and drunk, hes altitude towards his wife changed, he would scold her, come back home with his clothes stained either with women powder or lipstick. Each coming day he turned from bad to worse....
she got pregnant and hoped things might change a little, but no he didn't bend not even after knowing his wife was going to give him a son. All he did is leave Rachael money as if that was all she needed.
Back to the present....
Rachael looked at her son who had waken up and his tiny fingers struggled to push the showel covering him. she sighed and wipped a tear droping from her eyes and lifted him up. she put him close and breastfed him. it was now passed 14 hours and her husband had not shown up at the hospital..
At home Joe had received a call from Monica around 7 hours that morning and he prepared himself ready to go and see her. he loved his wife but for some reason he had fallen in the trap of Jessy. A woman he recently employed at his company. her beauty and charm had caught his attention, he found it boring being with Racheal eapecially after a night he had spent with Jessy at a hotel were they had a company conference with other business men and women.
The problem with Jessy was she was too demanding and had succesfully managed to force Joe neglect his marriage.
As he drove to the hospital He received a call from Jessy who had demanded he wanted to see her that morning.
" what is it Jessy?" he had asked her upon reaching at her apartment, of course the one he had bought for her.
"I missed you she said lurring him to join her in bed." Instead of turning her down and head to the hospital to see his wife Joe decided to stay on and spend the whole morning at Jessy's.
He looked at his watch, it was 15 hours." I have to get going" he told Jessy who was still in her small night silk dress.
she poured herself some wine as she folded her legs on the chair by the bar, " and why is that?" she said sternly looking at Joe.
" um uh i have to see my wife at the hospital. I was told she was in Labour and I have to check on her and see how it is going."he explained almost begging.
"Oh so am just to be used uh?" Jessy snapped standing up to face him.
" how many times have you promised me your time and commitment.? Now here you are talking about your stupid pregnant wife." she added angrily.
Joe sat down to reason with her. Telling her how much he loved her and promised to make up time for them, by the time he left her place heading to the hospital it was already 17 hours. he rushed to the ward as directed by the nurse he met up from the reception.
He was told his wife was discharged an hour before he went there. he felt panick and guilty he had done that to her family. He couldn't even be there to receive his baby boy . slowly he made his way to the Jaguar car he had packed outside. he grabbed his fon and dialed Racheal's line as he joined the main road driving with one hand, The phone rang for the fifth time without her picking, as he drove on he planned the story he would give his wife as an excuse for not being their when she needed him the most. He somehow felt bad he had not lived up to his promises, feeling the urge to change especially for their child..
As the wall fence to his house emmerged, he drove right to the gate, the gate man opened the gate at his first hoot. "how are you boss ?" the gate man greeted him.
" am fine" he answered not really paying any attention to him..
"where is my wife ?" Joe asked as he locked the car. " oh boss am sorry but your wife just left, she came back in a taxi some 40 minutes ago and entered the house with a baby. she later on came out with a big suit case and went out ."
" what? " Joe screamed, "what do you mean she left? how could she just leave without saying anything?"
"And boss", the gate man added " there's more to that". Joe gazed at him still trying to digest the fact of his wife leaving with bags . "what now?" he snapped.
"boss she left the baby" he added in a low voice.
Instead of answering him Joe ran to the house and banged the door open. in his bedroom he found the baby sleeping peacefully and a note besides him.
Joe,
By the time you read this. I would have gone, i cannot take it any more. i married you and trusted you because I loved you with all my heart, but you have sudenly turned Into this person I cannot cope with nor understand. I can't do this anymore. am going to start over. but I cannot do it with this child. I leave him in your care. You will take care of him as he deserves and I hope for his sake you will change for the better. I love him very much, but I can't live with a part of you. I want a complete start over and I hope to find happiness and peace once again.
Good bye.. Rachael..
Joe folded the note as his hands shook, drops of sweat fall off his forehead. "oh my God Rachael how could you?" He sat down holding his child and cried. " what have I done?" he whispered to himself.
To be continued...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved.

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/sins-of-my-parents

2 Likes

Re: Sins Of My Parents by skubido(m): 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2018
Mad man. C wetin im cuz nao,

Baba Tanks a lot 4d update ooo.God bless
Re: Sins Of My Parents by OlufemiWhit(m): 5:16pm On Apr 24, 2018
I'm gonna love this.....
Re: Sins Of My Parents by queenitee(f): 10:41pm On Apr 24, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Sins Of My Parents by emperorblog(m): 5:52am On Apr 25, 2018
great read more interesting story herr
www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: Sins Of My Parents by emperorblog(m): 5:55am On Apr 25, 2018
great read more interesting story herr
www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: Sins Of My Parents by Dessydemmy: 2:32pm On Apr 25, 2018
THANKS FOR MENTIONING MY NAME . LET US ROLL TOGETHER.
Re: Sins Of My Parents by Oyinprince(m): 1:45pm On Apr 26, 2018
SINS OF MY PARENTS EPISODE 3

Joe walked around the house.He had no idea what to do with his baby wailing.. he tried lifting him and calming him down but all to no avail.. he slowly lifted the baby and a letter addressed to Nathan fall off, Nathan was the name he and his wife Rachael had planned to name their child when they were told they were having a baby boy months before. He couldn't pay attention to the letter because Nathan was still crying. He placed the note in the chest drawer. Just then his phone rang. he checked the caller it was Jessy .
sliding the phone with one hand and held it by the neck as he tried to calm the baby..
" helo " he responded
"what's happening?" Jessy shouted on the other side. "what's with the baby crying? Can't you give it back to the mother? "
"Oh Jessy " Joe sighed.." you have no idea what is happening..my wife left leaving this new baby with me and now I have no idea what to do with it. He won't stop crying." he explained..
Jessy let a laugh," you are joking right?" She asked, "am serious Babe I really don't know what to do"
After the conversation, that was the last Joe had heard from Jessy. She ignored his calls later on. She even chased him out of the flat , the next time he went to see her.
"Am not going to be part of your baby drama " she had told him.
he struggled and managed to buy the baby milk and hired a nanny to help take care of Nathan. his mother was ill at that time so she could not help him care for the child..
As months passed by Joe had put himself together and decided to be there for his child. Even when he drunk beer, it was at home. he was there when Nathan started crawing, when he took his first steps until the time he was 3 years old.
Joe's effort to find Rachael and ask her to come back home failed, he tried to contact her relatives but it seemed no one really knew where she had gone. day and night Joe wished he had acted differently and had put his mind to his marriage. The only comfort he remained with was the smile of his fast growing son. Nathan was growing with so much energy and full of healthy. Joe's parents and friends adviced him to marry again. but he told them he wasn't ready yet..
Mean while months after Rachael left her son and husband. she refused all her mother's advice to go back and mend her home." it's God who changes pipo my dota" her mother had told her." if you trully loved your husband and child,you could have looked past your hurt and trusted God to help you. running away isn't a solution her mother councilled her". but all to no avail.
She never went back to her home and with time she was almost forgetting her husband. Especially after she left the country and went to work in south Africa with an NGO she was now working for.. even though Rachael created this cloud to cover her past and live normally like a single woman, deep down her heart she missed and longed to be with her husband and child. however she was determined to forge ahead and not to look back wards..
She was lost in thoughts and didn't realise her boss was standing in front of her well curved wooden office table talking to her.. "am sorry Sir" she apologised when he screamed her name. "Rachael!" He called her.. "did you even get a word of what I said?" He asked with a look of concern.
Mr Thabo was Racheal's boss. he was a slim and tall guy with the skin that had a smooth brown tone like that of honey .He had set his eyes on Rachael since the first time she joined the company from Zambia and he knew from what her papers said that she was single. he couldn't stop wondering how a beautiful lady was still single at 30. She was good looking and intelligent too. he had invited her a couple of times for dinner but she seemed not so interested in him..
Thabo was not however willing to give up. He vowed to crack the wall that Rachael had built around her and win her heart.
so here he was looking at her silently lost in thoughts. he had called her twice but she didn't move an inch..
"Oh am so Sorry Thabo " she stood up." I was just"
" yeah I noticed " Thabo cut her sentence.
"I was asking if you are knocking off any time soon. am heading out and I can drop you off if you don't mind, I mean since your car is still at the garage" he added
Rachael smiled at him. " thank you, you are so kind." Thabo moved closer to her and held her hand. "you know I like you am just waiting for the time you will give me a chance and let me in your heart."
Racheal sighed.. "am sorry Thabo I don't think am ready for any man right now she told him. we can just be friends nothing more."
Thabo felt a grip of disapointment but decided to play it cool. "sure he said letting her hand free. let me know when you are done I will be in my office" he told her as he walked out of her office.
Rachael watched him disappear in the passage. She shook her head and sighed.. recalling the great times with Joe. she felt pain in her heart and as the tears started forming she quickly placed a small piece of tissue under her eyes and wipped the tears before they could fall. "am done crying for you Joe" she whispered to herself,adding a little makeup on her face she stood up head high and walked with confidence to Thabo's office with a grey handbag which matched her grey skirt hanging on her left hand..
"Am ready!" she announced as she opened Thabo's office.
" okay" he responded picking up the car keys and briefcase. "let's go then"
Upon reaching her home Rachael had invited Thabo in. "what can i offer you she asked as she motioned him to sit on her cream white couch." Thabo took in the clean and nicely arranged room, he turned on the flat screen TV mounted on the wall as he waited for her.. She had disappeared to another room.
Rachael came back with a glass of water as he had requested and handed it to him. she sat down opposit where he sat and they chatted.
All the time as Thabo talked and explained about his life, Rachael nodded and smiled. She had said nothing about her past life all she had talked about was her work life in Zambia and also her family. Thabo had no idea that the woman before him had abandoned her marriage and a new born baby..
What had started as a mare friendship.. had developed into intimate relationship over the months.. Thabo proposed to Rachael and they married a year later.
Rachael didn't expect much from Thabo.. infact she accepted to marry him just to somehow get rid of all the pain she still hard from her previous marriage. however, Thabo was not as she thought he would turn out to be. He was a wonderful and caring husband, he didn't change as Rachael anticipated he would.. he genuinely loved her and was patient even when his wife showed little interest in their marriage..
Years passed and somehow Rachael slowly started falling in love with Thabo. . She woke up one night and found him praying..
"Lord please let my wife open up and love me. I dont know what has caused this wall around her but I trust you can brake it and give her back her peace and freedom"
Rachael watched him as he prayed. she felt guilty. All she had done is give the man who genuinely loved her a hard time. From that day she decided to forget about Joe and live happily with the man before her..
She knelt close to him and he looked at her when he opened his eyes. " I love you" she had whispered " and am sorry I have not been a good wife to you. I promise to be a wife you deserve."
Thabo hugged his wife with joy that was the begining of their happy marriage.

To be continued...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved.

Read more episodes here - www.youngicee.com/category/sins-of-my-parents

1 Like

Re: Sins Of My Parents by skubido(m): 2:42pm On Apr 26, 2018
Tanks a lot baba.jah bless..

More tonight plz
Re: Sins Of My Parents by izaray(f): 3:06pm On Apr 26, 2018
Nice story, weldone bro
Re: Sins Of My Parents by chii8(f): 9:33pm On Apr 26, 2018
Nice storyline
Re: Sins Of My Parents by afolabiwunmi: 12:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
So interesting, ride on.
Re: Sins Of My Parents by doyinmolah: 9:40am On Apr 28, 2018
Well done bro @oyinprince

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sins Of My Parents by Oyinprince(m): 12:57pm On Apr 28, 2018
SINS OF MY PARENTS EPISODE 4

Back in Zambia Joe's parents insisted that he took another wife. "It has been three years my son, you cannot wait for a woman who abandoned you and her son. it's time you moved on and found a woman. you need her to help you raise Nathan. " his father explained.
"I don't know dad Joe told him.. I have tried to look around but I cannot seem to find the right person. I will marry again when time comes" he had told his parents.
One day he decided to go back to Jessy, he tried getting serious and take their relationship to another level but unfortunately she was not as interested as he thought she would be. She was still making demands of money and things but when he proposed marriage to her, Jessy declined..
"Am sorry Joe " she told him..
" I can't marry you." Joe who had planned a romantic dinner at a hotel with a live band playing some music. looked at her shocked. His knees still on the floor as he extended a gold ring to her. He was shocked she declined. "but I thought you loved me " Joe complained, lifting himself from the floor and trying so hard to compose himself and conceal the shame from those watching. others with eyes wide open whilst other murmered. Joe couldn't discern whether the murmuring was for pity or disappointment.
"I can't" Jessy told him in his face. "you Joe cheated on your wife with me and now what guarantee do I have that you will not do the same to me? " She asked pausing as she finished her sentence, as though to give Joe a chance to explain himself or something. when she noticed his face bowed down, she continued .. "besides am engaged to another man, at least I love him and I know he loves me back genuinely. am sorry Joe" she added, "you are handsome and so giving and I appreciate it. but I cannot be your wife."
Joe looked at her face she was serious.
" but Jessy" he asked almost in a whisper. "I thought you loved me, you even made me neglect my marriage and contributed to my wife leaving me. how can you tell me you don't want to marry me now?"
Jessy shook her head.. " am sorry" she said again. "just find another woman" she said before standing up and grabbing her hand bag. Joe Watched her as she walked away pulling down her mini skirt which had moved up slightly, her high heels making some soft noise as she walked passed the reception and out the glass door..
That night Joe didn't even go home early, instead he went to the nearest bar and drunk his mind off, he shed a tear as he remembered his beautiful wife Rachael. The hurt he felt in his heart made him to drink even harder, fortunate enough, his friend who had gone to the same place that night grabbed him to the car park and drove him home.
I have lost it all he cried in his drunken state. I had a woman who loved me genuinely but now am even being rejected by a woman I have spent so much money and the valuable time i could have put into marriage. " oh Joe what can i tell you?" his friend told him as he helped him in bed. " just sleep and tomoro is another day. sit down and find a way of raising your son properly."
"Oh my son Joe murmered his eyes closed. He's the only blessing I reaped from my marriage with Rachael. I wasted the rest of the blessings God had given me." He cried.
His friend patted his back and walked out leaving him murmuring and groaning to himself...
2 years later, Joe had managed to remarry, unfortunately to a person he didn't love. he was just hooked to her by his mother, after she saw how her son had started running up and down drinking and sleeping with different women. she assured him Nancy was a good woman and a Christian too. Joe agreed just to ease his parent's minds, but deep down he was Still lost and couldn't find exactly what he was looking for.
Being a Christian and praying woman, Nancy , over the years successfully brought Joe back to his sanity and he started committing himself to work in his father's company as he did before. he was still drinking though better than before.
All this time Nathan his son had grown and was doing so great at school. his step mother was so good to him and raised him as her own. Infact Joe never told Nathan that Nancy wasn't his biological mother; all Nathan knew was that he was the only child of Joe and Nancy since Nancy could not have children of her own. all efforts to bore a child failed and this somehow made Joe dislike her even more.. Though he never said it he never developed any special feelings for Nancy.
10 years later , Nathan had turned 17 years old and was admitted in the university to study medicine. Efforts by his father Joe to make him do some business courses so that he could run the business after him failed..
Since his grand father had passed on the whole company now belonged to Joe and he had expanded it over the years ..
Unfortunately Nancy didn’t live to see Nathan who she had encouraged and motivated to follow his heart and become a doctor. She would always tell him. "My son, the passion you have to save people's lives is the way to go. God has blessed you with a heart to help others" she would say. "so use it and let God work through you"
So even when Nathan graduated from the school of medicine he dedicated his certificates to his late mother Nancy.He had mourned his beloved mom for years. he loved his father of course, but Nathan felt so much connected to Nancy. she was always there for him and inspired him in a good and christian way. Nathan grew up respecting women and living an honesty and decent life. even though he never had the guts to confront his father about his life of drinking and having other women besides his mother, Nathan hated the fact of his father betraying his mother Nancy and when Nancy died, Nathan had blamed his father..
"You didn't love her enough and you were always running up and down with women " he accused him.. " no wonder my mother had developed BP and died "
Joe felt ashamed but couldn't bring himself to tell Nathan Nancy wasn't his mother and that his biological mother was the only woman he had loved sincerly.
The gap between them grew as years went by, such that Nathan decided to move out of his father's house immediately he completed his course, leaving Joe all alone and back to his heavy drinking way of life.
despite the fact that his businesses was progressing, Joe's life remained stagnant. He had lost all connections to his personal life and each day that passed. He felt his inner sadiness grow, the more he drunk, the more he got even lost and the more he pushed his son away..

To be continued...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved.

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/sins-of-my-parents

1 Like

Re: Sins Of My Parents by skubido(m): 3:23pm On Apr 28, 2018
When dere eyez no go stay 1place. One day pleasure nao, e don take ham spoil all im life..

Boss tanks a lot 4d update..
Re: Sins Of My Parents by 9jagobetta: 5:58pm On Apr 28, 2018
nice story, good job, but then can we have the rest?
Re: Sins Of My Parents by Uniquechild(f): 11:06am On Apr 29, 2018
Nice story. This is a clear case of not knowing the value of what you have till you lost it. Joe continue in your drinking habit. Kudos boss

1 Like

Re: Sins Of My Parents by queenitee(f): 7:48am On May 01, 2018
So sad
Re: Sins Of My Parents by missuniverse(f): 8:31am On May 01, 2018
hmmm
Joe
Re: Sins Of My Parents by Oyinprince(m): 11:50pm On May 01, 2018
SINS OF MY PARENTS EPISODE 5

For Racheal the past 23 years in her marriage she and Thabo were doing fine. She had bore two children A girl and a boy. Racheal's sin of abandoning her son still haunted her. somehow the son she had had at least eased her pain, though he was the exact copy of Thabo.
After 5 years of their marriage, unfortunately for both Thabo and Rachael the NGO they worked for had closed and they both were left Jobless. this promtpted then to relocate to Zambia as efforts to find jobs in South Africa proved futile..
Thabo decided to start business and so he opened Some boutique shops in Lusaka city where he and his family had now settled. Unfortunately Racheal remained Jobless and become a house wife. they struggled to make ends meet, luckily the managed to educate their Children.
"Mom" the first born girl child called Racheal one day. "what is it sweety?" Rachael answered as she did her laundry in the back yard. they had bought a house in PHI when they came from South. “what is it?" she asked again when her dota pulled stool and sat close to her.
"Mom I want to apply in the private hospitals and see if i can work as nurse there since I completed my course. dad told me i can apply instead of waiting for government deployment". Racheal sighed, " am so proud of you sweety . I wish you all the best. Am certain you will do well as a physiotherapist. You truly have gifted hands" sha added. " just look at how you manage to massage me to sleep every time am stressed." her dota smiled. "Thank you mother.. I just hope to find something soon enough I can't even wait to become independent" she laughed..
"look at you " Racheal scolded her " you are just 23 and all you talk about is being independent."
" well mom am turning 24 next month remember " she chuckled...
" oh dear" Racheal sighed " it feels like yersterday when I first held you in my arms. you should have seen your father's face. he was almost bursting with joy ."
Racheal stopped smiling and her face frowned as she remembered her son. she wondered how he looked like. "he must be a man now" she thought.. "oh God let him be happy and live a better life different from his father."
"Mom!" Her daughter called her bringing her back to the moment. "what is it ? You have sudenly gone quite. Do You feel okey?"
Racheal smiled as she looked at her daughter " am fine sweety. just go inside now and prepare lunch your father and brother must be coming for lunch any time soon." She responded instead.
" sure mom" she answered.
Racheal sighed and wipped the tear that dropped from her eye and continued washing the clothes.
later on when her husband and son where back , the whole family sat at the dinning table having lunch.
Thabo spoke up.. "honey" he called his wife. "that friend of mine I told you is working in Livingstone just called me. I had asked him to help our girl find a job there and he just confirmed there is a Chinese hospital that is looking for a physiotherapist. so my dear" he added looking at his dota. "prepare yourself next week you are going to work in Livingstone."
they all thanked God and as they ate.. their dota talked about her new job and how she would work hard to impress the chineese..
Nora who had been working at a chinesse hospital for 5 months now.
one day she was called to the office of the head doctor.. " you called for me Doctor", she asked as she sat in the chair in front of his boss.
"yes," Doctor Ali answered.." we have a patient who needs your services. he was involved in an accident., it happened as he was driving home drunk a week ago and now he is paralysed from waist down. I diagnosed him and I feel with lots of therapy he might walk again."
Nora nodded all way through as she listened to his boss. he handed her the file. she looked at the the patient's name..
Joseph Miyoba. flipping through the pages as she read the records of his illnes. Nora walked to the ward to meet her new patient..
She looked at him, a handsome man probably in his Late 40s . She smiled at him as she walked closer and greeted him.. "how are you feeling Sir?" she asked him.
Joe turned to look at her " am not well nurse" he said sadly." I was told I might never walk again."
Nora smiled, " don't loose hope yet Mr Miyoba. if you are strong enough am sure God will help you walk again.
He nodded his head not really agreeing with her..
She moved to his legs and touched them, pricking his feet with a sharp needle as she observed his facial expression.. "can you feel this?" she asked him
" no " he said shaking his head. "well I will be here to help you through this sir. though it means someone has to be bringing you here everyday for therapy until you feel better."
Joe shook his head. "I stay alone at the moment my son moved out of the house.. that means I have to find someone to help me." "sure" Nora agreed. " if anything I would recommend a close relative to stay with you so they help you move around the house for the time being."
After a long talk Joe was convinced he needed someone by his side. he tried to talk to his son to come back and stay with him..
"I will see if i can get some days off dad." Nathan told his father. " I cannot promise more. just hire a nurse to stay with you " he suggested on phone..
Nathan had visted his father 4 times after the accident but he was clearly not willing to move in with his father.
The idea of hiring a live in nurse made sense and Joe requested for Nora from the hospital. even when he was highly charged Joe gladly accepted the price. he liked the way Nora encouraged and helped him the past week she was attending to him..
Nora reluctantly agreed, but she had no other option since the hospital required her to take on the job. she was told she would have her free times as well during the weekend to go out and do her own things..
"Go and work" her parents told her on phone when she called them to complain about her job. "it's just the same. only that you will have to stay with the patient for a while. he needs your help" Thabo added. "thank you mom and Dad" Nora told her parents as she hang up.
" I have to get a few things from my home" she had told Joe when the time to move came.
"The driver will drive us both to your house you get your things and then we head home." he told her..
"Thank you young lady" Joe shook her hand. "you are welcome" Nora smiled,as she pushed his wheelchair down the corridor of the hospital to the parking lot.....

Read more episodes here - www.youngicee.com/category/sins-of-my-parents

©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved.

1 Like

Re: Sins Of My Parents by skubido(m): 7:25am On May 02, 2018
Hmmmmm, here comes.

Tanks a lot for d update boss. Jah bless
Re: Sins Of My Parents by Oyinprince(m): 8:13am On May 03, 2018
SINS OF MY PARENTS EPISODE 6

When they got to Joe's house, Nora helped him to his room. "Use the room opposite the living room second door on your left" Joe directed her.
" the first one is for my son"
" you have a son?" Nora asked Smiling.
" Yeah" Joe responded, "he's a Doctor, am sure you will meet him any time soon"
" and what about your wife?" Nora asked as she rubbed some cream on his legs.
Joe was silent for a while and then he spoke up." my wife died 7 years ago.
" Oh sorry" Nora told him..
"it's okey" he responded with an expressionless face.
Nora finished massaging his legs and gave him his medication.
" let me ask the maid to prepare you something to eat " she told him before leaving the room...
She removed her things and placed them neatly in the wardrobe. she removed her shoes and put on flat slippers. Nora looked around the room, she could tell from the quality of the furniture of the house and neat display of things that Joe,though she addressed him as Mr Miyoba was wealthy. thoughts of him willed her mind and somehow she could sense the man had some sadiness in his heart . the only time she saw him smile genuinely was when she had agreed to come take care of him.. she couldn't help wonder what had transpired between Joe and his son. "if this man has such a beautiful house with servants and all. why not live together with his only son?"
Shrugging, she decided to let go of such thoughts. "am here to work and whatever is going on with this man is his business." she sighed as she lay down enjoying the comfort of the bed. she dialled some number and smilled when the other person picked..
" yes mom, I called to tell you I have moved in with the patient I told you about.."
"oh that's good Nora, Racheal responded from the other end, how is it going so far..?"
" It's good mom. I just finished unpacking my things in the room I was given."
"Thank God sweety. just take care of yourself for us okey? "
"Yes mom dear" Nora told her..
Someone knocked softly on the door as she was still talking.
" mom I will talk to you later. I have to go. give my love to dad and brother."
"sure sweety" Racheal answered cutting the call..
"Madam !" the maid told Nora as she opened the door.
" please call me Nora " she corrected her.
"okay " the maid smiled, "I came to ask if i can take the food for the boss to him now." She asked her.
" let me handle it" Nora said walking her to the kitchen..
She walked in Joe's room holding a tray of food. Joe had closed his eyes but was not sleeping. he opened his eyes when Nora walked in." hey,!" she called him " time for eating"
he smiled.. "am not hungry but not to waste your effort I will eat something.."
Nora got the small glass table and placed it on the bed and helped Joe to sit upright.
" am going out in case you need anything you just call my name" she said standing to walk out.
" no no Nora please sit, just get yourself a plate of food and join me here." Nora almost said no but when Joe insisted she grabbed her food and sat on the couch as they both eat..
"So tell me" Joe cleared his throat, "are you from around here? I mean Livingstone."
" um no. " she told him. "am from Lusaka that's where my parents are i just came here 5 months ago for work."
" oh how nice," Joe exclaimed.. "so how is Livingstone so far? "
"Mmmm it's okey " she said nodding her head. "I think I like a few nice places here and it's quite as compared to Lusaka."
Joe smiled.." so you have always wanted to be a nurse? "
Nora nodded. "yeah it is my dream come ture I love what I do " she added..
"I noticed that " the smiling Joe suported.
"you have something in common with my son Nathan he too has always wanted to help people in the hospital. despite me trying to persuade him to do some business courses and take over the company from me. my late wife always supported him. am sure she could have been proud of him" he told her
After they finished eating,the maid collected the plates. Joe's phone rang and Nora excused herself. "I will be in my room" she told him and Joe nodded as he picked the call..
"Yes Nathan. "
"hey dad how are you feeling? " Nathan asked him.
" much better sonny but I still can't feel anything from my legs. I did as you suggested, the nurse moved in today"
" oh great " Nathan sighed. " at least you have someone to help you."
" sure " Joe said.
"Well dad I think will come stay with you for some days, till next week. Unfortunately I won't be of any help." Nathan told his father.
" Your presence means a lot Sonny " Joe told his son. " I will appreciate it."
" Yeah sure" he responded hanging up.
Later that evening Nathan walked in the house. he walked direct to the father's room and talked to him for a while.
"So what did the doctor say dad ? " he asked sitting besides him. he noticed Joe had lost some weight over the weeks. his heart reached out to him. he wished his father had chosen a better path of life. His drinking habits had landed him in that bed .
" oh sonny they are not even very certain I will walk again. I don't know" he said tears forming in his eyes. " I just feel bad my life hasn't been on the right track for some time now. maybe God is purnishing me now for my sins."
Nathan looked at him and felt bad. " please dad don't talk like that am sure you walk again. I just hope you won't go back to drinking beer again. It's high time you let that kind of life in the past.
Joe sighed.." I know Nathan.. I promise to change. I need to work hard and put the company in the right track that's your inheritance and I want to leave it standing before I die" . Nathan smiled weakly.
"you don't have to worry about me father. you gave me education and for me that's enough. you don't have to kill yourself with work for me." Nathan smiled.
"you are my only son Nathan the reminder of my love." Nathan looked at his father, he wondered what he meant as far as he was concerned, his father didn't love his mother (Nancy ) but he kept it to himself..
"get some rest dad" Nathan told him. "Let me see your nurse and find out one or two things about your condition" he said standing up
"she is in the room next to yours" Joe told him.

Please drop your comments
To be continued...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved.

Read more episodes here - http://www.youngicee.com/category/sins-of-my-parents

1 Like

Re: Sins Of My Parents by bimberry1307(f): 10:03am On May 03, 2018
you're doing great man.
Re: Sins Of My Parents by skubido(m): 2:07pm On May 03, 2018
Tanks a lot for d update, jah bless
Re: Sins Of My Parents by afolabiwunmi: 3:27pm On May 03, 2018
Interesting
Re: Sins Of My Parents by itsandi(m): 3:41pm On May 03, 2018
Interesting story smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored / I Wanna Learn Pidgin English! / My Neighbor's Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.