Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Ballack Out Of World Cup - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ballack Out Of World Cup (3417 Views)

Incredible World Cup Art / Evidence Of Match-fixing In Champions League & World Cup Qualifiers / Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 19, 2010
A-40:

@Eastbay
Abeg no dey compare England to Germany on any levels them no be mate. Barber l'oba clipper.

3 Euro's 3 World Cups
3 times Euro runner up and 4 time World Cup runner up
Let us check out England:
1 world cup pere (1966)

How is England better than Spain,Holland or Portugal?? So why the fuss over those average Joes

Even France and Argentina are higher in the footie hierarchy. At least France have two Euros and a WC to their name

The likes of Germany should only be mentioned with the Brazil's and the Italy's
Never said anything in that light.
All I'm saying is this Germany thing is over-rated.In fact Germany in recent times is better than Naija cheesy

Like I said,Germany haven't done anything for 14 years.Second-place finishes dont count.

Like I said,England's record in finals is 100% cheesy

The records speak for themselves.I would only be a fool to argue against the facts on ground.But the way DK is spnning this thing is out of hand.
My only reference of England was in relation to their ties with GErmany.And in recent times,England seem to get the better of Germany.I never said anything to the efect that England are better than Germany on the world game.
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 3:57pm On May 19, 2010
A-40:

How is England better than Spain,Holland or Portugal?? So why the fuss over those average Joes
That is pretty easy to be quite honest.
Have those aforementioned countries won any worldcup? undecided
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 4:55pm On May 19, 2010
Never said anything in that light.
All I'm saying is this Germany thing is over-rated.In fact Germany in recent times is better than Naija

Overrated is a country who has 3 world cup and 3 Euro cup? Then what do we call England?

Like I said,Germany haven't done anything for 14 years.Second-place finishes dont count.

I dont remeber England having done anything in your lifetime cos I am sure you are under 44yrs of age. In my lifetime, I have seen Germany lift trophies in my lifetime but England?

Like I said,England's record in finals is 100%

I can also say Senegals record against France is 100%

The records speak for themselves.I would only be a fool to argue against the facts on ground.But the way DK is spnning this thing is out of hand.
My only reference of England was in relation to their ties with GErmany.

I have seen the 3 rats miss out on major tournaments twice already something thats unthinkable for a German team.

And in recent times,England seem to get the better of Germany.I never said anything to the efect that England are better than Germany on the world game

What does getting the better of mean? Tell me in the last 40 years how many tournaments England has surpassed Germany.
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by A40(m): 4:59pm On May 19, 2010
@Eastbay
England has not crossed the quarter finals of any competition since the Euros they hosted in 96 and guess who won? That's right the Mannschaft

2nd place in 02 and 3rd place in 06 with another 2nd place in 08 counts it builds pedigree and that is why they rarely exit tournaments early that is why they don't perenially crumble when shoot outs come calling! That is why England would not get to Germany's level in our lifetime! Germany has a better past and present than England so i don't see the basis for juxtaposing em! I have listed the countries we can compare to England in my previous post

@Chic2pimp
Spain,Holland and England have only ever won 1 international title in their history so whats their difference? 99% of posters where not born when England won their only title! Infact Goodluck Jonathan was still shittin his pampers when England last won something! I'd tell you the difference between Spain,Holland and England. . . Spain and Holland have won something in my life time
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:03pm On May 19, 2010
@Eastbay
England has not crossed the quarter finals of any competition since the Euros they hosted in 96 and guess who won? That's right the Mannschaft
2nd place in 02 and 3rd place in 06 with another 2nd place in 08 counts it builds pedigree and that is why they rarely exit tournaments early that is why they don't perenially crumble when shoot outs come calling! That is why England would not get to Germany's level in our lifetime! Germany has a better past and present than England so i don't see the basis for juxtaposing em! I have listed the countries we can compare to England in my previous post
@Chic2pimp
Spain,Holland and England have only ever won 1 international title in their history so whats their difference? 99% of posters where not born when England won their only title! Infact Goodluck Jonathan was still shittin his pampers when England last won something! I'd tell you the difference between Spain,Holland and England. . . Spain and Holland have won something in my life time

Ichro, wa shere, Chop knuckle.

Go and collect 4 shots of shekpe Plus Alomo butters from Sikira ask her to bill me for it.

Jgirl don enter one chance tonight
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 5:07pm On May 19, 2010
A-40:

@Chic2pimp
Spain has actually won two tournamnents(1964 and 08)
That notwithstanding they along with the other teams you mentioned have failed to win the big one 'The Worldcup' unlike England. That automatically puts england above em'.
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:12pm On May 19, 2010
Spain has actually won two tournamnents(1964 and 08)
That notwithstanding they along with the other teams you mentioned have failed to win the big one 'The Worldcup' unlike England. That automatically puts england above em'.

The big one that was won when they were playing football with pyjamas and using brown ball?

When a ball that didnt cross the line was given as a goal?

Anything won before `970 shouldnt count. Thats probably why Uruaguay, England and Hungary are probably not regarded as football powers because they have done nought since the days Barrack Obama started elementary school
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by A40(m): 5:23pm On May 19, 2010
@Dayokanu
I can't stand that overrated,overhyped and buncha divas and drama queens that are the Three Lions they have not won enough to generate such hype! Footiewise they are a Third World country and the sooner they accept that the sooner their fortunes would change

@Chic2pimp
Please what has England won in ya lifetime? England have no Euros either and they even have better records compared to England in major tournaments take it or leave it England are a third world country. Phockit England is not better than Greece!!
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 5:31pm On May 19, 2010
dayokanu:

The big one that was won when they were playing football with pyjamas and using brown ball?

When a ball that didnt cross the line was given as a goal?

Anything won before `970 shouldnt count. Thats probably why Uruaguay, England and Hungary are probably not regarded as football powers because they have done nought since the days Barrack Obama started elementary school
Should not count ma backside.
Accept it England won the Worldcup.

P:S The ball did cross the line.

A-40:

@Chic2pimp
Please what has England won in ya lifetime? England have no Euros either and they even have better records compared to England in major tournaments take it or leave it England are a third world country. Phockit England is not better than Greece!!
This is absurd. England and greece, why not eyimba and barcelona? undecided
England have no Euros but neither do the other countries you mentioned have worldcup winners medals.
I definitely know which one I'll rather have.
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:35pm On May 19, 2010
@Chic2pimp

Pls dont insult Greece. I saw Theodore Zagorakis lift the Euro cup in 2004. I have never seen any Enghlish Captain lift any trophy in my life time. even Obama cant remember seeing any English captain lifting a trophy

P:S The ball did cross the line.

Which line?

England have no Euros but neither do the other countries you mentioned have worldcup winners medals.
I definitely know which one I'll rather have.

I bet you would rather be Uruguay than Holland, You would rather be Hungary than be Czech republic,
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 5:49pm On May 19, 2010
dayokanu:

Which line?
Ibeere?

dayokanu:

I bet you would rather be Uruguay than Holland, You would rather be Hungary than be Czech republic,
2 Worldcup Winners Medal vs 1 European Champs Winners Medal.

Hell Yeah, You Bet!!!
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by A40(m): 5:49pm On May 19, 2010
@Chic2pimp
No on a serious note how is England better than Greece? Both of them have only ever been to one major final and have only one major title to their name! Some peeps would even argue that the Euros is tougher than the WC. It is inferiority complex that always makes England want to rub shoulders with Germany and other superpowers. . Like Jigga said on 'Money ain't a thing' "Willie's wanna rub shoulders your money too young"
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by tkb417(m): 5:50pm On May 19, 2010
and when since your lifetime become the terms of reference in football?

football has been b4 and will be after your lifetime

England has a world cup, spain and co dont!

how many UCL titles did Bayern win in your lifetime?
1 out of 4 so does that mean Bayern arent as successful as UTD who has won 2 UCL trophies in your lifetime?
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 6:02pm On May 19, 2010
tkb417:

and when since your lifetime become the terms of reference in football?

football has been b4 and will be after your lifetime
I tire ooo undecided.
Since my 3 Year old nephew did not witness Italy's triumph 4 years ago, should we therefore discount their victory? undecided

A-40:

@Chic2pimp
No on a serious note how is England better than Greece? Both of them have only ever been to one major final and have only one major title to their name! Some peeps would even argue that the Euros is tougher than the WC. It is inferiority complex that always makes England want to rub shoulders with Germany and other superpowers. . Like Jigga said on 'Money ain't a thing' "Willie's wanna rub shoulders your money too young"

How makes England Better than Greece? Uncle A40 is that you asking that question or did someone hack into your account? grin
Okay, Since Greece and Holland have won the same amount of trophes should we also lump em' into the same bracket?
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 6:15pm On May 19, 2010
Simple question, What makes England better than Uruguay, Greece, Holland and Spain.
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by tkb417(m): 6:17pm On May 19, 2010
England havent been spectacular but i doubt Germany are better than them presently

Spain, Holland and Brasil will always beat England tho
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 6:21pm On May 19, 2010
England havent been spectacular but i doubt Germany are better than them presently

Germany are undoubtedly better than England at every point for most of 40 years. Germany was in the final of a major tournament 2 years ago when England didnt even qualify
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by tkb417(m): 6:23pm On May 19, 2010
dayokanu:

Germany are undoubtedly better than England at every point for most of 40 years. Germany was in the final of a major tournament 2 years ago when England didnt even qualify
doesnt mean England cannot beat them if they play today

whats the scoreline the last time they played?

Dont rule out the Capello factor
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 6:33pm On May 19, 2010
Surely Togo can beat Brazil, but does that mean Togo would outperform Brazil in a tournament?
Norway beat Brazil 4-2 before France 98 while Brazil played the finals, Norway crashed out.
Cameroun even beat Diego Maradona's Argentina while the Argies got to the finals of the same tourney.
In Tournoi de France England won the tournament and they had the worst performance at the mundial of all the participants. Brazil, Italy, France.
Its something to win Emirates and Amsterdam cup, Its another thing to win league and CL
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by tkb417(m): 6:39pm On May 19, 2010
warreva. . . .

Germany and England will not win the World Cup this year so i dont know how Germany are superior to England as at today
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by A40(m): 6:45pm On May 19, 2010
@Chic2pimp
England ain't $hit!! Lemme give you the world footie order for the past, present and future

Tier 1
Brazil,Germany,Italy

Tier 2
Argentina, France

Tier 3
Holland,Spain,England,Greece,Denmark,Uruguay

Tier 4
Portugal,Czech Republic,Sweden e.t.c

Now you know the teams you should be lumping England with. Abi you fit convocate before you matriculate?? I have told you why England are not better than Greece. . . How else can i say it i don't speak no other languages
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 6:56pm On May 19, 2010
^^^^^ I'll put Argentina in Tier 1.
Also I am not having Greece and Denmark in Tier 3.
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by A40(m): 7:03pm On May 19, 2010
Naah dawg based on recent performances in world football and their finals appearance Argentina stays in Tier 2! Do you agree though that England are in the 3rd Tier?? Shoulda been lower sef and with just one major title and final appearance they have no right to be higher than the Danes! Not with 2 semis in 43 years
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 7:18pm On May 19, 2010
Tbh, My list would look like so

Tier 1
Brazil,Italy,Germany,Argentina

Tier 2
France,England,Holland and Spain(possibly Uruguay)

Tier 3
Portugal,Denmark,Greece,Czech Republic
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 7:35pm On May 19, 2010
Why is England in tier and Uruguay is probably?

WHy is England ahead of Denmark and Greece if I may ask
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by slimshay(m): 7:46pm On May 19, 2010
A-40 na here u dey, based on recent performances I'm not sure frnace will be on any of those seats. And Spain belongs in Tier 1.
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by A40(m): 7:52pm On May 19, 2010
@Chic2pimp
Did you smoke Reggie Miller?? How can England and France be in the same tier? 2 Euros and 1 WC to just a paltry 1 WC? Nigga please
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 9:06pm On May 19, 2010
dayokanu:

Why is England in tier and Uruguay is probably?

By the virtue of them having won the big one plus the fact they have performed quite admirably in tournaments(2 semis and numerous quarterfinals) unlike greece who fluked one tournament and performed poorly in other major competitions or Denmark who won a tourney they shouldn't have entered in the first place.

P:S Uruguay is in Tier 2

A-40:

@Chic2pimp
Did you smoke Reggie Miller?? How can England and France be in the same tier? 2 Euros and 1 WC to just a paltry 1 WC? Nigga please
No I smoked D Wade grin. Going by your logic then Uruguay 2 worldcups should be higher than France 1 worldcup
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 9:37pm On May 19, 2010

By the virtue of them having won the big one plus the fact they have performed quite admirably in tournaments(2 semis and numerous quarterfinals) unlike greece who fluked one tournament and performed poorly in other major competitions or Denmark who won a tourney they shouldn't have entered in the first place.

P:S Uruguay is in Tier 2

By this reasoning Czech should be on the same level as Holland, And Hungary higher than Portugal
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by A40(m): 10:22pm On May 19, 2010
@Chic2pimp
Ohh i see its past working hours so your comprehension of English language must have closed for business today. Did you miss where i said i based the ratings on a mix of final appearances and recent performances in Int'l competitions? So 2 semis in 44years is enough to move England to the level of France and Argentina? Abeg stick to juju analysing football is not by force
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 10:29pm On May 19, 2010
England is just the equivalent of South Africa in the African continent. They dominate the media and feed us with bull like Heskey is the Black Klinsmann and David Seaman and James are equals of Oliver Kahn and Sepp Maier
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 8:03am On May 20, 2010
@A-40,DK,
My emphasis is on RECENT times.
In recent times,Germany ain't s.hit.That's what I'm about.I never sang any praises of England.All i said jokingly was England had a 100% history in finals played.

Again,A-40,I won't be as daft as to compare the histories of England and Germany.
And England got to the semi-finals in Euro 96.Lost to Germany in a one-sided tie over 120 mins via a penalt y shoot-out.
I asked a question:in international competition,when was the last time Germany beat England inside 90 or 120 minutes?Still no answers.
My point is:it's only a matter of time before Germany's luck in these tournaments runs out against England.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Goal Single Prediction / FA Cup Semi: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sat, 10th April 2010 / Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.