Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts (33208 Views)

Osinbajo Postpones National Economic Council Meeting As APC NEC Holds Thursday / Saraki Hosts Senate Minority Leaders To Closed-door Meeting (photos) / Buhari's EFCC Nominees: Senate In Rowdy Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by mikejimm: 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2018
MXrap:
The only thing i want to hear is the impeachment of Bubu.

I thought about that few minutes back. This man should be impeached if this democracy should last!

2 Likes

Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by izaray(f): 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2018
philtex:

What' just came to mind.

They might all be dead

Including that Sanda_Agway from Daura grin
Ahh...Jeezu cheesy

Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by chigoziri2403(m): 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2018
shhhh, keep quiet, Dino is in the studio, remixing his hit track
Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by mikejimm: 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
2016v2017:

that's the only way peace will reign in Nigeria , else buhari and his men will continue wasting blood in Nigeria

God bless!

1 Like

Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by Ayobami7(m): 4:11pm On Apr 24, 2018
Noted
Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by Turantula(m): 4:11pm On Apr 24, 2018
madridguy:
Wish the long meeting is about the killings in Benue State. Weeping for my beloved country.
I thought you supported the killings?

1 Like

Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2018
The way politicians are going about I am not sure if there's going to be an election next year.

Desperation everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by tolulope1990(m): 4:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
Buhari straight to Daura

1 Like

Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:22pm On Apr 24, 2018
What are they meeting for....criminals who collect huge sums for nothing...pass budget no...sometimes democracy is a useless system especially in Africa...we need the Chinese model with a benevolent dictator...

1 Like

Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by mabea: 4:25pm On Apr 24, 2018
If Nigeria were a serious country the killings in Benue and Taraba are enough to impeach the president or pressure him to resign

6 Likes

Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by Xisnin(m): 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2018
Turantula:

I thought you supported the killings?
This is politics!

1 Like

Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by enlady(f): 4:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
Why is the commander in chief insensitive on the mindless killings in Benue and Zamfara?

2 Likes

Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by mbos: 4:32pm On Apr 24, 2018
CaptJeffry:
Impeach Buhari. These embarrassments are too much for the supposedly super power of Africa.

super power wey Cameron defeat for bakassi
Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by wyt(m): 4:33pm On Apr 24, 2018
Are they still in the meeting?
Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by Provalker: 4:35pm On Apr 24, 2018
NonFarmPayrol:
Impeach Buhari

Let there be peace

undecided
I was about to say the same thing. Yes impeach him now.

1 Like

Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:37pm On Apr 24, 2018
buhari and his APC led govt has started the clamped down of opposition members to their quest for 2019 elections.....the Senate needs to be firm now....either they get it right now or regret later

2 Likes

Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by BetaThings: 4:37pm On Apr 24, 2018
sanpipita:

Is the Senate in charge of security forces? what happened to your Messiah president

gurunlocker:

What is your daddy Buhari doing about it? The last time I checked, he is the GCFR.

Ok, is the meeting about 2018 budget? We are in the last week of April
Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by isahsalee: 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2018
Some people think through their anus, Apology please.

Have we forgotten that, same senate invited several executive members including IGP and they honored the house by coming to Senate as demanded by senate?.

Dino was severally invited by Nigerian Police to clear some allegations leveled against him, he blatantly refused to honor the police invitation because, he feels he is a Nigerian senator, so he is above the law.

This is just the beginning, the child that says his parents would not sleep at night, he will not sleep too.

1 Like

Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by sanpipita(m): 4:44pm On Apr 24, 2018
BetaThings:

Ok, is the meeting about 2018 budget? We are in the last week of April

Their meeting could have been about many things, nobody knows, and for sure it can't be bad to discuss about recent happenings in the Senate

1 Like

Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by BetaThings: 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The senate has sadly realized that we are back to the days of Military dictatorship.

valentineuwakwe:
buhari and his APC led govt has started the clamped down of opposition members to their quest for 2019 elections.....the Senate needs to be firm now....either they get it right now or regret later

NonFarmPayrol:
Impeach Buhari

Let there be peace undecided

SalamRushdie:
Impeach the incompetent Tyrant Now!!!!!!

Military dictatorship and tyranny?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-30129630
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/police-take-nass-tear-gas-lawmakers/

http://thenationonlineng.net/soldiers-impound-distribution-vehicles-newspapers-ibadan/
http://thestreetjournal.org/2014/06/soldiers-impound-copies-of-leadership-newspaper-in-kaduna/
Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by Rastamann: 4:47pm On Apr 24, 2018
What useless meeting are they holding, they should do the right thing jare!

1 Like

Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by BetaThings: 4:56pm On Apr 24, 2018
isahsalee:
Some people think through their anus, Apology please.

Have we forgotten that, same senate has invited several executive members including IGP and they honored the house by coming to Senate demanded by senate?.

Dino was severally invited by Nigerian Police to clear some allegations leveled against him, he blatantly refused to honor the police invitation because, he feels he is a Nigerian senator, so he is above the law.

This is just the beginning, the child that says his parents would not sleep at night, he will not sleep too.

They once threatened to impeach Buhari - that is a constitutional and valid process
When Kogi people tried to recall Dino which is also a valid and constitutional process, NASS leadership said the move was dead on arrival

So NASS members can invoke the constitutional powers to impeach but they don't recognise the constitutional powers to recall NASS members
Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by Meritocracy: 5:00pm On Apr 24, 2018
What is so special about 3hr meeting that you regarded as longest closed door meeting. Do they have any other job than meeting.

1 Like

Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by Icon79(m): 5:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
Gang thieves. They all need to be in jail!

O pari

stephanie11:
The Nigerian Senate is currently having a closed-door meeting. The meeting which started at about 10:53 am was still ongoing at about 1:20 pm on Tuesday as lawmakers were still locked in the chamber holding the meeting.

It was reported earlier today that heavy security was seen around the national assembly. Details of the meeting are still unknown but finding by PoliticsNGR indicate that it might be related to the recent harassment of some serving senators.

The meeting is being presided over by Bukola Saraki, the Senate president.
https://politicsngr.com/impeachment-rumours-senate-longest-closed-door-meeting-tension-mounts/

Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by stilluptrying: 5:43pm On Apr 24, 2018
CaptJeffry:
Impeach Buhari. These embarrassments are too much for the supposedly super power of Africa.
Nigeria has never been a super power of Africa! yes , supposedly ! it is a failed state.
Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by authority2006(m): 6:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The senate has sadly realized that we are back to the days of Military dictatorship.

Even though no one is behind the bars. Nigeria opposition members and sensationalism are like 5 and 6.
Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by authority2006(m): 6:13pm On Apr 24, 2018
mikejimm:

I thought about that few minutes back. This man should be impeached if this democracy should last!

Now, Buhari is a threat to democracy? Exaggeration and sensationalism. I thought madam piss would be taking food to her husband in the prison just like she prophesied in 2015. But as you can see my friend, Buhari is at the moment a democrat.
Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by slimdamatrix1(m): 6:16pm On Apr 24, 2018
It is not about holding a long senseless, meaningless meeting that does no good to the people. It is about being decisive and tackling this ridiculous APC lead government where it matters most.

I’d clap for them if they reach an agreement on impeaching Buhari. Anything else is just drama- senseless drama.
Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by Sunnynwa: 6:18pm On Apr 24, 2018
madridguy:
Wish the long meeting is about the killings in Benue State. Weeping for my beloved country.

How's your partner omenka aka omenkalives.

1 Like

Re: Senate In Longest Closed-door Meeting As Tension Mounts by Heffalump(m): 6:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
MXrap:
The only thing i want to hear is the impeachment of Bubu.

Long overdue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dapo Abiodun Meets Tinubu In Paris (Photo) / Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette / Keyamo Blasts Politicians Against Buhari's Appointments Pattern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.