Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It (32989 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala Used An Old Photo To Illustrate Social Distancing In Food Sharing / This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / Atiku Abubakar And Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Posters Flood Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by SoNature(m): 10:37am On Apr 25, 2018
Let's set the record straight: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was never dismissed. She resigned!

Obj, her boss at the time, even confirmed it that the final resignation was her third out of many occasions that she threatened to resign

On other two occasions, they begged her to stay and she did. The final one, nobody begged her.

Donald Duke is a bloody liar

She shows he's no different from other politicians
Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 25, 2018
ehissi:

This is where you are wrong.

President Olusegun obasanjo as President and National leader of the PDP set up a 12 man panel of the most politically neutral fellows alive- some of whom are Ex-generals - and gave them PDP membership forms. The purpose of this committee was to nominate a candidate that's credible for the PDP to present for presidency and gave them access to Security files from the EFCC, DSS and NSA.

The Committee came up with 2 names, Yaradua for President and Donald Duke for Vice-President.

Yaradua humbly accepted while Donald Duke vehemently refused. Why!?

His said he considered the committee/Obasanjo's actions as dictatorial in nature, since his name didnt come as a result of a democratic process and was convinced that to accept such automatically made him Obasanjo's designated puppet.

Also Duke eyes was set only for president alone and nothing else, hence he saw this committee's work as a blockade and actually tried to resist it - didnt work out, not when Obasanjo is the Head Nigga in Charge.

If he knew Yaradua wasnt going to make it, trust me Donald being the schemer that he is would have accepted the panel's offer. Those who know him well, know he regrets his refusal day and night.

It was after Duke Refused that Jonathan was invited and he accepted, with hot bone-face pressure from Obasanjo himself.

This was why Obasanjo was offended when Jonathan replied his open letter to him with boldness because as a Governor, after the exit of alameseigha, when men like Obasanjo dey talk, na ground Jonathan dey look.....

Jonathan was recommended by the committee on the basis of his conduct during his boss travail when he was still deputy governor, not once did he challenge Alameseigha, nor try to acquire political capital from Alameseigha's demise/corruption/political scandal.

Infact, the same way he withdrew himself during Yaradua dark days was the same way he did during Alameseigha's scandal.

Plus he still put a good performance as governor after Alameseigha's tenure, no blemish, no scandals...
You most likely are right. The central theme of our posts remains the same. Duke is self serving incompetent.
Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 25, 2018
wirinet:

She was SACKED. Obasanjo sacked her as finance minister and moved her to foreign affairs. She resigned as foreign affairs minister.
Obasanjo did not want to humiliate her by sacking her directly and so demoted her (foreign minister is one of the most important post in Nigeria and besides that is her area of core competence, she knows next to nothing about diplomacy ). So Obasanjo gave her the option of resignation to save face.

Goan read the definition of sack before u begin yarn dust.

She was transferred to another ministry, It's that simple. She revealed documents of OBJs illegal withdrawals to the Senate and OBJ still could sack her, All he could do was reassign her.

OBJ clearly knows that he cannot sack her, Such an idea would have created a huge scandal for Obasanjo and I will also bring internal n external condemnation.

OBJ knows that his government will lose credibility if he sacked a world bank director for no reason.

OBJ couldn't do shiit.
Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by Pataricatering(f): 10:46am On Apr 25, 2018
Firefire:
APC lying children taking after their father Alhaji Lienus Mohamed.
even when the matter does not concern APC ! Is Donald duke in APC ‘? He was in PDP at the time and is still is in PDP

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by wyt(m): 10:46am On Apr 25, 2018
it is unfortunate most Nigerians dont know who Duke is. i was in the same shoes until i spent 8 months in calabar. yes he has a good infrastructural plan and did alot for the state but he killed more people than malaria during his tenure especially his political opponents. consider Buhari's impunity as primary school stuff while Dukes' is tertiary. any one from Calabar or was in calabar as at then, will bear me witness
Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by SoNature(m): 10:56am On Apr 25, 2018
tribalmall:

r

You will be amazed to the extent a lot of these Igbos can display gross senseless. I bet you every single person that liked his comment is Igbo. So much hate for anything not Igbo yet they claim everyone is against them yet they’re the ones against everyone. Such a devilish spiteful hateful deceitful set of humans.

You lots are just unbelievable

Today, you will say Igbos hate themselves and tomorrow when they show their oneness you will tag them tribalists

It's Indeed difficult to please man

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by 35824L: 11:03am On Apr 25, 2018
NOI is a corrupt squandermaniac for the right price that's why jonathan picked her. Birds of a feather.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by Charly68: 11:09am On Apr 25, 2018
Don't mind the woman ,want us to see her as a champion when in actual fact she was doing patch patch economic management.. Cooking figures that does not translate to economic reality..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by Assassin101: 11:10am On Apr 25, 2018
at d end of the day, everyone has one skeleton or the other in his/her cupboard
Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by godwinelijah(m): 11:13am On Apr 25, 2018
Duke is many things to different people. To some, he is the best governor Nigeria has ever produce so far. While to others, he is a mafia king who deals ruthlessly with anyone who stand on his way of power. The later group draw their reference from the way he was alleged to have colluded with the State House of Assembly to impeach his then friend and deputy - Chief John Okpa in his first term.

What NOI said about him in her book is something that is very common with people from the South, especially the Akwa-Cross region who fine it difficult to support their own.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 25, 2018
wingmanII:

My name is wingmanII and if i had a decent mother i wouldn't call her a b1tch. But unfortunately my mother, is a LovePeddler, a shameless slut who goes around looking for d1ck to fvck. She also fvck's goats and camels. Shame.

In fact I'm a product of incest when my grandfather fvcked her because she begged desperately for it.

Sometimes she comes to my room too at night and I cum at her back. Yes I love my mom like that.

That's why they named me wingmanII. Because I look like a demon with wings. Don't pity me. It's what I am.
Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by morounkola(f): 11:23am On Apr 25, 2018
I thought I could have a constructive argument with you. With this comment below, I.am disappointed and what makes you think you deserve the efforts!
LordAdam16:

I'm not here to convince you. If I have to provide links for you on the widely publicized EPA EU-ECOWAS pact that all ECOWAS countries have signed except Nigeria, Gambia, and Mauritania, then you don't deserve the effort.

NOI was the Coordinating Minister of Economy. The EPA was discussed in FEC meetings, where all ministers are present and the FG came up with a response that they weren't going to give it their blessing. As the de-facto PM, she had the option to sell it directly to the President as a good deal if she was indeed a 100% IMF puppet. She had that direct line to GEJ, Aganga didn't. She had a direct line to Largarde (IMF MD), Aganga didn't.

Aganga responding to that is because of his portfolio--Minister for Industry, Trade, & Investments. NOI was higher-up the chain of command, Aganga was the spokesman/face of it. It's like YouWIN, she signed off on it; but she wasn't the face. She also signed off on the fertilizer subsidy revamp; but Adesina was the face of it. You'd know that if you read more, but you're waiting for me to spoon-feed you. Not gonna happen!

Saying "I should convince you," like how the f*ck is that my business.

-Lord
Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 25, 2018
2Ballz:

This country ain't broke...na just the way Baba dey handle am...

Oh, you probably didn't know that towards the last months of Jonathan's presidency the federal government was actually borrowing money to pay salaries of federal government workers. Something that had never happened before in the history of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 25, 2018
CofOLandOfPeace:

Please check our signature in blue below and contact us by visiting our Ikeja office. Click on the WhatsApp link to directly chat us or call the phone line.

I'll do that whenever I need to get a piece of land. Thanks.
Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by LordAdam16: 12:12pm On Apr 25, 2018
morounkola:
I thought I could have a constructive argument with you. With this comment below, I.am disappointed and what makes you think you deserve the efforts!

You're the one who thinks Iweala was more of a puppet than a patriot. I'm the one saying you're mistaken with examples.

Now you want me to convince you, when you can't do a simple research. I don't have the time nor the will to babysit anyone.

I've given you breadcrumbs. Follow them and make up your mind.

-Lord
Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by rhythyson: 12:18pm On Apr 25, 2018
SirToothBrush:
Donald Duke, the devil with a an angel's face You can't justify certain things.
Trying to pull a brother down
Trying to pull your tribesmen down
Trying to pull your kinsman down.

Its all getting clear now. I remembered when they used bullets to tear madam Ngozi Okonjo Iweala spiritual gele

Na Dora for NAFDAC OOOOO if you no gree ask google
Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by palz(m): 12:19pm On Apr 25, 2018
Nasa28:
So Donald Duke didn't know he indirectly confirmed the story.....more sales loading.

You can imagine...... He even thanked the youths for their COMCERNS. grin grin
Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 25, 2018
phemmyfour:
On point Duke. Ngozi Peperenpe was a figure head minister of finance. The govt refused to save in her tenure.

So how does that justify that magnitude of back stabbing on Jonathan? When you betray your own, you expect outsiders to trust you?
Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by 35824L: 12:40pm On Apr 25, 2018
SnowJay92:

So how does that justify that magnitude of back stabbing on Jonathan? When you betray your own, you expect outsiders to trust you?
See this one. Betrayal runs in ibo blood. If ekweme were still alive, he would have told you more about iboe betrayal.
Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by somegirl1: 12:51pm On Apr 25, 2018
walexbiz:

So you expect him to glorify NOI after she divulge a personal meeting between the two of them and then painted him black. Pls what is wrong in advising a friend not to take up an appointment that stain your image. Anyway we all can now see better that NOI is the worse finance minister that ever ruled.

Didn't know until now that a Finance Minister in Nigeria is considered to be a Ruler. Little wonder NOI keeps getting blamed for past governments' failure when she really could only advise but the ultimate decision wasn't hers. I get it now.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by CONFAMA: 12:52pm On Apr 25, 2018
hucienda:
Most important thing is he confirmed what is in Dr NOI's book as true that he indeed met her. The other part of his tweet is his opinion and depends on the political divide of the individual reading the tweet. He is indirectly showing his true colours to the public.

At times, I wondered then in 2010, whether there was any element of truth in reports that many governors and leaders in President Jonathan's geopolitical region were not in support of his [bid for the] presidency. The answer now keeps getting clearer day by day.

Any idea where one can get that book? At least one of the person's talked about in the book just confirmed that the part on him is true.

Things are about to get messy.

But the dumbo neglected the South West which was about the only Geo political region who came all out to support his candidature and vote for him during the turai yaradua cabal debacle.

Well, karma came back to bite him in the ass.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by hucienda: 12:52pm On Apr 25, 2018

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by morounkola(f): 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
You must be so full of yourself! Sir, go back and read my initial comment. You will realise you have been arguing out of point.

You do not need to babysit me. I am an adult. Please keep your breadcrumbs to yourself. This gal got no need for them!

LordAdam16:

You're the one who thinks Iweala was more of a puppet than a patriot. I'm the one saying you're mistaken with examples.

Now you want me to convince you, when you can't do a simple research. I don't have the time nor the will to babysit anyone.

I've given you breadcrumbs. Follow them and make up your mind.

-Lord
Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by pelumi67(m): 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2018
deji17:
Donald Duke respond to Ngozi Okonjo Iweala

https://twitter.com/Donald_Duke/status/988939561412808704

when you learn how to spell concern,you can come to complain @duke
Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by farem: 3:21pm On Apr 25, 2018
buhariguy:
firefire is an old man, even in this forum.

He is just intellectually lazy

He may have grown in days and stature but I tell you the intellect is stunted.
Maturity is not about age

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by Firefire(m): 3:22pm On Apr 25, 2018
farem:

He may have grown in days and stature but I tell you the intellect is stunted.
Maturity is not about age

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 25, 2018
35824L:
See this one. Betrayal runs in ibo blood. If ekweme were still alive, he would have told you more about iboe betrayal.

Neither Donald Duke nor President Goodluck are Igbos, and there's no word like "ekweme" in Igbo language, then I don't know what ibo or iboe means, finally, you sound really silly,
Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by LordAdam16: 3:47pm On Apr 25, 2018
morounkola:
You must be so full of yourself! Sir, go back and read my initial comment. You will realise you have been arguing out of point.

You do not need to babysit me. I am an adult. Please keep your breadcrumbs to yourself. This gal got no need for them!

Read this

morounkola:
You are not alone. I kept wondering where her interests were all through her tenure - IMF or Nigeria!
l

Keep "wondering!"

The breadcrumbs are out there. It's a public forum. If you're not going to use it, someone else would.

Mtcheww! Entitled a$$. I should convince you... The guts!

-Lord
Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by LordAdam16: 3:53pm On Apr 25, 2018
CONFAMA:

But the dumbo neglected the South West which was about the only Geo political region who came all out to support his candidature and vote for him during the turai yaradua cabal debacle.

Well, karma came back to bite him in the ass.

"About the only?"

Oga take it easy with the lies.

SS and SE were just sitting back eating Owo/Starch and Abacha/Ugba ba?

-Lord
Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by omotisa: 9:44pm On Apr 25, 2018
Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by morounkola(f): 6:34am On Apr 26, 2018
I took your advice. I did some research. Apart from learning new things, I also discovered that you gave all you had -'breadcrumbs'

LordAdam16:

Read this

Keep "wondering!"

The breadcrumbs are out there. It's a public forum. If you're not going to use it, someone else would.

Mtcheww! Entitled a$$. I should convince you... The guts!

-Lord
Re: Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It by Nonaira1: 6:45am On Apr 26, 2018
NOI made the economy worse than when she met it to ironically the shithole economy was the fastest growing economy in Africa when she handled try according to MULTIPLE sources. Infact if I remember correctly wasn't there a time within her administration when that shithole had the highest GDP in Africa. A task you've retrogressed since she left.

Only in this poor excuse of a "country" do you repeatedly hear such stupidity. Abi the rest of the world dey lie when they ranked the economy positively sitting her adminstration. Tufiakwa!!!!!
I'm extremely glad she got herself out of that shithole fast. Everything about that place is disgusting to say the least. Crab in a box mentality is ridiculously high there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Member Of Tinubu Campaign Council Accused Innoson Of Selling Subpar Vehicles (P / Jonathan, PDP Under Fire Over Buhari ‘death Threat’ / Nigeria Delegation At UN Gen Assembly In New York (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.