Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Speaking In Tongues. A Sign Of COLONIAL Madness. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues. A Sign Of COLONIAL Madness. (1000 Views)

Speaking In Tongues- A must for all believers. / Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaking In Tongues. A Sign Of COLONIAL Madness. by Martinez19(m): 6:03pm On Apr 25, 2018
The act of speaking in tongues amongst christians is known to many of us. From my experience as a christian, I can confidently tell you that speaking in tongues is nothing but mere gibberish. The believer is asked by the clergy if they want to speak in tongues and if they say yes, they are asked to say anything that comes to their mind. If they do, the clergy or staff of the church encourages them to continue that they are on the right track.

Obviously what they say is gibberish but the clergy men convinces them otherwise saying :

1) You have the Holy spirit therefore it's in you to speak in tongues.
2) Take the step of faith and speak in tongues.
3) Just say what's in your mind.
4) It might sound senseless but remember you and anyone can't understand except yahweh and the Holy Spirit. It's not the language of men.

This is how the believer begins to speak in tongues. They are convinced that because they are christians therefore the gibberish they speak is an innate ability and it has a special meaning that only yahweh and the Holy Spirit can understand. What cope out! What defence of gibberish! If you were to approach a christian speaking in tongues and tell him that he is saying rubbish, they will counter with "christians surely can speak in tongues and what we say is only understandable to yahweh and his spirit."

Well, the same case can be made for the flying spaghetti monster. A pastafarian could be muttering gibberish if the pastafarian clergy convinces him in a similar way and he can use the defence "pastafarians can surely speak in tongues and it's only understandable to the fsm and his spirit" when confronted. BLW, harvesters and many new generational churches are guilty of this. I all these from experience.

Truth is speaking in tongues are gibberishes. If you are looking for those who can truly speak in tongues, see a linguist.

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues. A Sign Of COLONIAL Madness. by Martinez19(m): 6:04pm On Apr 25, 2018
HopefulLandord, HardMirror, hahn, Johnydon22, 1Sharon, 0temSapien, Nilfeim, proudgorgeousga, Tozara aka Tohzara, 1stSonOfLucifer, dalaman aka dalamama aka dalam0n, Ladyhippolyta88, Seun, Mynd44, segunojo866 and my followers.
Re: Speaking In Tongues. A Sign Of COLONIAL Madness. by hopefulLandlord: 6:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
its a terrible mental issue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaking In Tongues. A Sign Of COLONIAL Madness. by paxonel(m): 7:16pm On Apr 25, 2018
If you don't speak in tongues you are not a christian

-pastor Chris oyakhilome.

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues. A Sign Of COLONIAL Madness. by Butterflyleo: 7:43pm On Apr 25, 2018
Martinez19:
The act of speaking in tongues amongst christians is known to many of us. From my experience as a christian, I can confidently tell you that speaking in tongues is nothing but mere gibberish. The believer is asked by the clergy if they want to speak in tongues and if they say yes, they are asked to say anything that comes to their mind. If they do, the clergy or staff of the church encourages them to continue that they are on the right track.

Obviously what they say is gibberish but the clergy men convinces them otherwise saying :

4) It might sound senseless but remember you and anyone can't understand except yahweh and the Holy Spirit. It's not the language of men.

This is how the believer begins to speak in tongues. They are convinced that because they are christians therefore the gibberish they speak is an innate ability and it has a special meaning that only yahweh and the Holy Spirit can understand. What cope out! What defence of gibberish! If you were to approach a christian speaking in tongues and tell him that he is saying rubbish, they will counter with "christians surely can speak in tongues and what we say is only understandable to yahweh and his spirit."

Well, the same case can be made for the flying spaghetti monster. A pastafarian could be muttering gibberish if the pastafarian clergy convinces him in a similar way and he can use the defence "pastafarians can surely speak in tongues and it's only understandable to the fsm and his spirit" when confronted. BLW, harvesters and many new generational churches are guilty of this. I all these from experience.

Truth is speaking in tongues are gibberishes. If you are looking for those who can truly speak in tongues, see a linguist.

This is one of those dumb posts you always make.

I am sure your idea of speaking in tongues looks like this

Any Christian who regards speaking in tongues as gibberish then needs his head examined. You obviously never had any real experiences as a christian when you were one. You were obviously a robotic follow follow person and never had any relationship with the holy spirit.

For that reason I need to toss you and your thread out the door for being stupid enough to post misleading and empty information on what you have no knowledge about.

GET OUT OF HERE.

3 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues. A Sign Of COLONIAL Madness. by MuttleyLaff: 7:46pm On Apr 25, 2018
Martinez19:
The act of speaking in tongues amongst christians is known to many of us.
From my experience as a christian, I can confidently tell you that speaking in tongues is nothing but mere gibberish.
The believer is asked by the clergy if they want to speak in tongues
and if they say yes, they are asked to say anything that comes to their mind.
If they do, the clergy or staff of the church encourages them to continue that they are on the right track.

4) It might sound senseless but remember you and anyone can't understand except yahweh and the Holy Spirit.
It's not the language of men.

This is how the believer begins to speak in tongues.
They are convinced that because they are christians therefore the gibberish they speak is an innate ability
and it has a special meaning that only yahweh and the Holy Spirit can understand.

What cope out! What defence of gibberish!
If you were to approach a christian speaking in tongues and tell him that he is saying rubbish,
they will counter with "christians surely can speak in tongues and what we say is only understandable to yahweh and his spirit."

Well, the same case can be made for the flying spaghetti monster.
A pastafarian could be muttering gibberish if the pastafarian clergy convinces him in a similar way
and he can use the defence "pastafarians can surely speak in tongues
and it's only understandable to the fsm and his spirit" when confronted.
BLW, harvesters and many new generational churches are guilty of this. I all these from experience.

Truth is speaking in tongues are gibberishes.
If you are looking for those who can truly speak in tongues, see a linguist.

Martinez19:
HopefulLandord, HardMirror, hahn, Johnydon22, 1Sharon, 0temSapien, Nilfeim, proudgorgeousga, Tozara aka Tohzara, 1stSonOfLucifer, dalaman aka dalamama aka dalam0n, Ladyhippolyta88, Seun, Mynd44, segunojo866 and my followers.
This is a johnny-just-come-lately overflogged "speaking in tongue(s)" topic
and looks like Satan is about having a party with this thread for the gullible, exploited, misinformed, misguided and misled

Hell too, will soon be empty, as all the devils will mark register here on this thread

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues. A Sign Of COLONIAL Madness. by Butterflyleo: 7:57pm On Apr 25, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

and looks like Satan is about having a party with this thread for the gullible, exploited, misinformed, misguided and mislead

Hell too, will soon be empty, as all the devils will mark register here on this thread

Somebody will just wake up, flex his fingers and start typing away rubbish without even realising they have no idea about what they are even typing.

Indeed this is misinforming, misguided and misleading as well as totally vacuous.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues. A Sign Of COLONIAL Madness. by Dalamama: 8:44pm On Apr 25, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

and looks like Satan is about having a party with this thread for the gullible, exploited, misinformed, misguided and misled

Even Christians dis agree strongly on speaking in tongues. Are you saying that Christians that disagree are also agents of this your imaginary devil?
Re: Speaking In Tongues. A Sign Of COLONIAL Madness. by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:51pm On Apr 25, 2018
Dalamama:

Even Christians dis agree strongly on speaking in tongues. Are you saying that Christians that disagree are also agents of this your imaginary devil?

Of course that is what he's saying. In the world of the various Christian cults, only like-minded believers have the reeeal truth, even though all Christian groups claim to be guided by the Spirit. Seems this spirit must be an author of confusion. grin

Speaking in tongues is nothing but gibberish mass delusion. I remember this classmate and friend of mine in UNN who got me attending his student fellowship, Christian Union, in my first year. Members often broke into a session of tongues during prayers and as my mind often wandered trying to process the bizarre charade unfolding infront of me and how I could possibly get myself into doing it, I noted that my pal who I always sat next to (he later became VP of the fellowship in our 3rd year) usually uttered the same piffle with a roughly consistent syntax of the same scrambled gibberish. How people don't feel ridiculous doing that shiit is beyond me.
Even when I was a committed Christian, thirsting for the redemptive message of the Gospel, it was probably the one thing in the Pentecostal canon that I couldn't being myself to do, cos it felt like self-deception.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Speaking In Tongues. A Sign Of COLONIAL Madness. by Dalamama: 10:01pm On Apr 25, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Even when I was a committed Christian, thirsting for the redemptive message of the Gospel, it was probably the one thing in the Pentecostal canon that I couldn't being myself to do, cos it felt like self-deception.

Same with me. Even the bible authors are confused about speaking in tongues.
Re: Speaking In Tongues. A Sign Of COLONIAL Madness. by Idango(m): 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2018
How can somebody who is still finding it difficult to beleive the existence of God be able to understand what it is to speak in tongues.
Stop discussing what you know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues. A Sign Of COLONIAL Madness. by Dalamama: 10:03pm On Apr 25, 2018
Idango:
How can somebody who is still finding it difficult to beleive the existence of God be able to understand what it is to speak in tongues.
Stop discussing what you know nothing about.

Tell that to the various Christians that disagree totally on speaking in tongues.
Re: Speaking In Tongues. A Sign Of COLONIAL Madness. by greenmonk: 12:19am On Apr 26, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Of course that is what he's saying. In the world of the various Christian cults, only like-minded believers have the reeeal truth, even though all Christian groups claim to be guided by the Spirit. Seems this spirit must be an author of confusion. grin

Speaking in tongues is nothing but gibberish mass delusion. I remember this classmate and friend of mine in UNN who got me attending his student fellowship, Christian Union, in my first year. Members often broke into a session of tongues during prayers and as my mind often wandered trying to process the bizarre charade unfolding infront of me and how I could possibly get myself into doing it, I noted that my pal who I always sat next to (he later became VP of the fellowship in our 3rd year) usually uttered the same piffle with a roughly consistent syntax of the same scrambled gibberish. How people don't feel ridiculous doing that shiit is beyond me.
You ve just said the simple truth. I just wonder why professed christian encourage and accept falsehood.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues. A Sign Of COLONIAL Madness. by paxonel(m): 7:04am On Apr 26, 2018
Dalamama:

Same with me. Even the bible authors are confused about speaking in tongues.
speaking in tongues in bible days is not different from babalawo doing some verbal incantation before prophesying the future.

This days christians are faking.

They don't even prophesy
They just speak like one of my current best gospel jamz.

Araba raba raba e!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Interpret This Dream For Me, It's Really Baffling Me... / Explosion Of Divine Favour And Breakthroughs Via Thanksgiving Prayers / Are You An Accidental Satanist? (by Truthunedited)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.