Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

U.s. Approves New Visa Process For Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.s. Approves New Visa Process For Nigeria (4683 Views)

New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States / US Announces New Visa Processing For Nigeria / France New Visa Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.s. Approves New Visa Process For Nigeria by supereagle(m): 12:43pm On May 18, 2010
United States government has approved a new simplified visa application process for Nigerians applying for non immigration visa to the United States beginning from March 1.
This was disclosed by the Consular Coordinator for the U.S. Mission in Nigeria, Mr. Richard Walsh, in a media briefing held yesterday at the United States Public Affairs office in Lagos.
According to Mr Walsh, starting from March 1, all applications for non-immigration visa would be submitted online via the Internet as applicants were required to complete a new application form called the DS-160.
He explained that the DS-160 form was an interactive online form that replaces all past application forms as the non-immigration visa applicants would just print a confirmation sheet to bring to their interviews.
The Consular Coordinator reminded applicants that providing accurate and complete information when filling the online DS-160 application was important. “Incorrect or missing information will cause delay in completing your interview. Applicants should save an electronic copy of their DS-160 application in case changes are necessary,” he added.
Analysing the new simplified visa process, the Non-Immigration Visa Chief at the U.S. Consulate General in Nigeria, Mr. Ian Hillman, said it involves six steps namely; opening the website at https://ceac.state.gov/GENNIV; choose where you desire to be interviewed; fill in the form; reviewing the DS-160 application for errors; submit the application and finally print the confirmation page.
Mr. Hillman said the new visa application process reduces paperwork, saves time and increases the number of visa applications processed and that only the visa form and the way applicants submit it had changed as all other eligibility and documentary evidence for visas remained unchanged.
The U.S. government introduced the new visa application process as a worldwide effort at using the new technologies to improve the efficiency and accuracy of visa application process.
It has been in use in selected U.S. embassies across the world but will become the standard visa issuing process by April 2010. Currently, the old visa application and submission process can be used alongside the new simplified online process until February 28 when DS-160 becomes mandatory.
[url]http://www.champion.com.ng/index.php?news=28161
[/url]
Re: U.s. Approves New Visa Process For Nigeria by Pittbaby(f): 8:17pm On May 19, 2010
this went into effect in april, people have been using this system for a while now.

I predict a new industry , touts agents  helping people to fill and submit form online. Nigeria and Helep me culture
Re: U.s. Approves New Visa Process For Nigeria by member65: 2:43pm On May 20, 2010
^^^^^
I don't think perfoming genuine services for folks is necessarily a bad thing. Some folks could fix their cars themselves, others pay mechanics to do it.
Re: U.s. Approves New Visa Process For Nigeria by Pittbaby(f): 4:22pm On May 20, 2010
are you one of them ?
Re: U.s. Approves New Visa Process For Nigeria by member65: 7:08pm On May 21, 2010
Pittbaby:

are you one of them ?
One of whom? As I said, there's nothing wrong in performing genuine services and getting paid for it. Some folks may not know how to fill the forms or answer the questions. There might be those who can do such thereby filling a need and getting paid for it even though others could do it for free. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Re: U.s. Approves New Visa Process For Nigeria by Pittbaby(f): 8:28pm On May 21, 2010
i see your point, nothing wrong . As long as no one is guaranteeing a visa from helping fill out the form
Re: U.s. Approves New Visa Process For Nigeria by suxes2005(m): 9:10pm On May 21, 2010
^^^^^^

At time, i wonder why someone who is going to
usa cant fill form themselves,

SHALOM
Re: U.s. Approves New Visa Process For Nigeria by member65: 4:39pm On May 22, 2010
^^^^^^
Some folks are uneducated parents/siblings who are going to visit their children/grandchildren nieces/nephews. What should they do then?  And of course there are forms and there are "forms". Filing a form wrongly could produce a negative response. Life is not always black white. If that's the case there'd be no need for immigration lawyers. Why I'm I even preaching to the choir, isn't that what you're supposedly doing for folks "helping" them to get Schegen and USA student visas?
Re: U.s. Approves New Visa Process For Nigeria by babatunde977: 5:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
Just wanted to point something out regarding this topic. I was refused an entry visa to attend an important award for working for humanity but I was refused an entry visas and i received a lot of complains from my colleagues that I should have consulted a travel agent that they are in the best position to put me through years after I consultant an agent and fill my details including my academic qualifications and work experience but was refused on the two occassions but found out of recent that he change my qualification and fill the schools i never attended and the places i never worked and i some other application mixed both but i will love to know how he signed for me online without my presence though he did not give me a copy of the application as i thought he used my information i filled and i will really want to know how he submitted the D-160 US application form and signed it
Re: U.s. Approves New Visa Process For Nigeria by ibrahimfashanu: 7:03am On Jan 02, 2015
@ babatunde977 I really feel your trouble and it has happened to my friend as well. Travel Agent can fill the US Application form for you online and it easier because he will just click yes to agree and submit as if It was you and the reason he filled out different higher qualifications for you or work experience was because he thinks the consular can Issue out visa for you regarding that not knowing the consular can ask you the name of your school or where you work ann then you answer wrongly and your visa is being denied but you wont know because the agent will not give you the information he filled in your application online sorry bro! shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: U.s. Approves New Visa Process For Nigeria by okeykalu: 8:40pm On Jan 02, 2015
Ha-ha ha dem do carry you for local[color=#990000][/color] agent just dey interested for your money mehhn and since you now aware agent fill wrong info for you just call embassy or send email to them or else if you continue to apply for us consulate you will be denied

(1) (Reply)

My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband / Africans Being Killed In Morocco While Trying To Cross Over To Europe(graphic) / South African Girl Caught With 1.5kg Of Cocaine In Her Dreadlocks In Thailand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.