Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

France New Visa Process - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / France New Visa Process (57922 Views)

New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States / US Announces New Visa Processing For Nigeria / Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

France New Visa Process by sashacoleman: 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
I went to the VSF Centre today to apply for my French visa, only told be told that the next available date for biometrics is the 13th of May, and that my passport will not be ready until the 23rd of May. A lot of people including myself just left. The lady actually said anyone travelling before June should try another Schengen embassy. I was just so shocked. What kind of new process is this that your visa will stay at the embassy for almost two months, all in the name of visa and the annoying thing is that, they might not even give you the visa after everything. Wetin we do French people. A times it really sucks to be Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: France New Visa Process by worry359(m): 6:12pm On Apr 04, 2013
The TRUTH
The BITTER TRUTH
So hard to accept
FRANCE DOES NOT WANT NIGERIAN PEOPLE
understand
FRANCE DOES NOT WANT NIGERIAN PEOPLE
There are so many people from ex french colonies and poor countries applying that they can not attend to them.
Nigeria is just seen as a country of criminals that are not worty of visa.

2 Likes

Re: France New Visa Process by Americanvisa: 7:50am On Apr 06, 2013
no be your brothers go kidnap their citizens for Borno state ,waiting you the expect before,a failed nation

1 Like

Re: France New Visa Process by gabrieli(m): 2:29pm On Apr 08, 2013
Due to the important increase of visa applications deposited for the Consulate of France, the deadlines of instruction of your file could set more than a month. Thank you for planning an extension being enough for putting down your application before date planned for your departure.

The above caption is from VFS website today.
Re: France New Visa Process by green24: 7:30pm On Apr 08, 2013
Forget france even if u merit d visa dey will not give u
Re: France New Visa Process by MAURI: 9:17pm On Apr 09, 2013
I went to the VSF Centre today to apply for my French visa, only told be told that the next available date for biometrics is the 13th of May, and that my passport will not be ready until the 23rd of May. A lot of people including myself just left. The lady actually said anyone travelling before June should try another Schengen embassy. I was just so shocked. What kind of new process is this that your visa will stay at the embassy for almost two months, all in the name of visa and the annoying thing is that, they might not even give you the visa after everything. Wetin we do French people. A times it really sucks to be Nigerian.

It does not suck to be Nigerian, it sucks that our government accepts/tolerates all these crap from those useless colonialists! Speak to someone who has applied for European visa in Ghana, takes only 3 days!

2 Likes

Re: France New Visa Process by NelsonNayo: 12:18am On Apr 11, 2013
13th of may to 23rd of may is just 10days sir that has been the normal duration fromtime. appointments are normally scheduled longtime ahead to give you time to prepare your docs. . I'm a student in France and i got my Visa at first attempt tho it was a hectic process, just hav all your papers ready and be straight fwd and ull get your visa. And the French in france funny enuf don't really know Nigeria, they keep mixing us with Niger. so its wrong to say they dont like Nigerians. Normally it takes 10 days, but if your VISA is positive you would get a call from the embassy telling you to come and pick up your passport like 5days after your biometrics... if you have to wait the whole 10days to go to vfs, its either your visa was denied or they couldn't reach you. plus are you applying from Abuja or LAGOS?

2 Likes

Re: France New Visa Process by nodawa(m): 11:01pm On Apr 11, 2013
Due to some changes because they are moving their biometric centre †Φ where they are submitting now And they are shipping in new biometrics machine, those are the things that caused delay for biometric.
I submitted on 27/3/13 And I was told †Φ come Fø̲̣̣я̅ biometrics on 29/4/13. So no need †Φ worry apply And U̶̲̥̅̊ will be given just have faith in him

2 Likes

Re: France New Visa Process by sashacoleman: 3:22pm On Apr 12, 2013
i think its just too long and unnecessary. Too much stress.
Re: France New Visa Process by favoredgal: 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2013
sashacoleman: I went to the VSF Centre today to apply for my French visa, only told be told that the next available date for biometrics is the 13th of May, and that my passport will not be ready until the 23rd of May. A lot of people including myself just left. The lady actually said anyone travelling before June should try another Schengen embassy. I was just so shocked. What kind of new process is this that your visa will stay at the embassy for almost two months, all in the name of visa and the annoying thing is that, they might not even give you the visa after everything. Wetin we do French people. A times it really sucks to be Nigerian.

My dear na so o! i went to submit my visa application March 25th and was told the earliest appointment i could get was for may 2nd, meanwhile i bought a ticket for April 29th thinking i had enough time, omo, i had to go back home in confusion. on the 2nd of April i went back to submit and my appointment for biometrics is now 6th of may,

TOday i just paid $250 to modify my ticket.

Its crazy

By the time i get my passport back, it wouldv spent 2 months plus with them
Re: France New Visa Process by favoredgal: 4:25pm On Apr 19, 2013
NelsonNayo: 13th of may to 23rd of may is just 10days sir that has been the normal duration fromtime. appointments are normally scheduled longtime ahead to give you time to prepare your docs. . I'm a student in France and i got my Visa at first attempt tho it was a hectic process, just hav all your papers ready and be straight fwd and ull get your visa. And the French in france funny enuf don't really know Nigeria, they keep mixing us with Niger. so its wrong to say they dont like Nigerians. Normally it takes 10 days, but if your VISA is positive you would get a call from the embassy telling you to come and pick up your passport like 5days after your biometrics... if you have to wait the whole 10days to go to vfs, its either your visa was denied or they couldn't reach you. plus are you applying from Abuja or LAGOS?

you clearly missed his point, its not the 10 days after biometrics he is lamenting about, It is the over one month from submission date to the date of biometrics
Re: France New Visa Process by dotcomnamename: 5:02pm On Apr 19, 2013
Americanvisa: no be your brothers go kidnap their citizens for Borno state ,waiting you the expect before,a failed nation

And are you not one of them? undecided

Bird of the same feather undecided

Brother calling someone brother undecided
Re: France New Visa Process by nodawa(m): 11:09pm On Apr 19, 2013
That's the new system, once you submit you have to wait for a month before biometric. I have submitted since last month but by 29th me this month i will go for biometric. May God let them give me visa and those who applied

1 Like

Re: France New Visa Process by dotcomnamename: 2:40am On Apr 20, 2013
nodawa: That's the new system, once you submit you have to wait for a month before biometric. I have submitted since last month but by 29th me this month i will go for biometric. May God let them give me visa and those who applied

I wonder O!
Re: France New Visa Process by Topsymyyear(m): 6:15pm On Apr 21, 2013
I submitd April 18, I was given June 14, for biometric. May God help us. Amen.
Re: France New Visa Process by nodawa(m): 6:18am On Apr 22, 2013
Thats too long
Re: France New Visa Process by favoredgal: 11:13am On Apr 22, 2013
Quick question house, has interviews been cancelled? Because i still see people in front of the France embassy in the mornings, who are these ones?
Re: France New Visa Process by nodawa(m): 1:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
They are there for biometric not interview .no interview for french embassy
Re: France New Visa Process by sashacoleman: 5:28pm On Apr 22, 2013
But the new system is just so unfair, na by force? I think its best to just try other embassies.
Re: France New Visa Process by nodawa(m): 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2013
My fair now is that i have submited since 27/3 which i have to do my biometric on 29/4 hope that day will not be shifted cos i have been waiting for over months now. I dey dear o
Re: France New Visa Process by habibti: 4:19am On Apr 23, 2013
@Nelson Nayo, I disagree with u, I went to vfs ten days after my biometrics and I was given my french visa ,I applied for one week holiday and I was given 3months multiple entry. Funny enough, my friend who applied the same day with me was called 5days after and was rejected, personally, I believe say everything NA GOD favor. Rule number one; don't tell people about your travel plans when applying and then pray and FAST, it works like MAGIC

8 Likes

Re: France New Visa Process by nodawa(m): 9:38am On Apr 23, 2013
@habibti what a great motivational words from you. Surely prayer is the master key. May God my prayer as He answered yours
Re: France New Visa Process by justwise(m): 10:26am On Apr 23, 2013
habibti: @Nelson Nayo, I disagree with u, I went to vfs ten days after my biometrics and I was given my french visa ,I applied for one week holiday and I was given 3months multiple entry. Funny enough, my friend who applied the same day with me was called 5days after and was rejected, personally, I believe say everything NA GOD favor. Rule number one; don't tell people about your travel plans when applying and then pray and FAST, it works like MAGIC

Why?
Re: France New Visa Process by gabrieli(m): 11:27am On Apr 23, 2013
Including your travelling agent?
Re: France New Visa Process by onatisi(m): 3:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
justwise:

Why?
Z

1 Like

Re: France New Visa Process by nodawa(m): 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
Who knows should share me an idea, are they doing interview at france embassy or only biometric?
Re: France New Visa Process by Waleabimbola(m): 4:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
nodawa: Who knows should share me an idea, are they doing interview at france embassy or only biometric?
only biometric
Re: France New Visa Process by nodawa(m): 4:34pm On Apr 23, 2013
Thanks so much because i will be there on monday for biometric.
Re: France New Visa Process by favoredgal: 8:35am On Apr 24, 2013
I have a valid uk and SA visa, i hope i get this shenghen one sha, cuz i stupidly bought my ticket in advance.
Re: France New Visa Process by nodawa(m): 9:41am On Apr 24, 2013
Hope you have submitted and done you biometric cos if not they may give you a longer date for your biometric which may affect your ticket date.
Re: France New Visa Process by favoredgal: 10:59am On Apr 24, 2013
nodawa: Hope you have submitted and done you biometric cos if not they may give you a longer date for your biometric which may affect your ticket date.

my biometrics is may 6th
Re: France New Visa Process by nodawa(m): 1:22pm On Apr 24, 2013
So your ticket should be 17th may upward

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

9 Countries With The Highest Number Of Nuclear Warheads In The World / Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa / Inside World’s First Airport For Flying Cars Unveiled In UK (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.