Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

The Unbeatable Spirit Of Faith, Part 1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Unbeatable Spirit Of Faith, Part 1 (430 Views)

The Actual Need Or Purpose Of Faith .part 1 / "Spirit Of Beersheba Sent Me To Seduce Catholic Priests In Amaruru, Imo" (VIDEO) / The Unbeatable Spirit Of Faith, Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unbeatable Spirit Of Faith, Part 1 by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 4:55pm On Apr 26, 2018
The Unbeatable Spirit of Faith, Part 1

Open The Window.

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen:

for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

The first and most fundamental fact these verses reveal about the spirit of faith is that it believes.

What does it believe? The Word of God.

What’s more, faith believes God’s Word just because God said it—whether natural circumstances seem to agree or not.

That means if you want to maintain a spirit of faith in the area of healing, for example, you must start by getting your Bible and finding out what God has said about healing.

Then you must choose to receive that Word as the truth. Don’t shut your heart to it by saying, “Well, that’s not the way my church teaches it,” or, “That’s not what my grandmother taught me.”

Just say, “The Word says healing belongs to me and I believe it!”

Then keep putting the Word in your heart day after day until faith rises up within you and your body begins to line up with that Word.

“Well, Gloria, I tried that one time and it didn’t work for me. I guess I just don’t have as much faith as you do.”

Certainly you do! Romans 12:3 says, “...God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.”

Since that scripture was written to born-again people, you can be sure that if you’ve made Jesus the Lord of your life, you have faith within you.

You may not be acting on it. You may not be speaking it. But it’s in there and the more you hear the Word of God, the more it will develop and grow, because “faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17).

Why is it so important to develop your faith? Because faith is what connects you to the blessings of God. It’s the force that gives those blessings substance in your life (see Hebrews 11:1).

And besides all that, faith pleases God (Hebrews 11:6).

It’s faith that reaches into the realm of the spirit, grasps the promises of God and brings forth a tangible, physical fulfillment of those promises.

It brings spiritual blessings. It brings the car you need, or healing for your body. Faith brings action in this earth.

Romans 5:2 says we have access by faith into the grace of God. Therefore, if you want grace for the new birth, you must receive it by faith.

If you want God’s grace for healing, you must receive it by faith. If you want God’s grace in your finances or any other area of your life, you must get it by faith.

I like to think of it this way: When you believe the Word of God, you open the window of your life to give God the opportunity to move there.

Oddly enough, that bothers some
people. They can’t understand why God needs an opportunity. After all, He is God.

Can’t He do anything He wants to?
Yes, He can. And He wants to respond to our faith.

You see, He is not like the devil. He doesn’t force Himself on you. He waits for you to give Him an opening by believing His Word.

Excerpts from, The unbeatable Spirit of Faith by Gloria Copeland.

Please share❤

We are the Liberation army!

Contact us on 08126401351
Re: The Unbeatable Spirit Of Faith, Part 1 by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 12:10am On Apr 27, 2018
Stay tuned for Part 2 later today. It will be more insightful...
Re: The Unbeatable Spirit Of Faith, Part 1 by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 4:59pm On Apr 27, 2018
Re: The Unbeatable Spirit Of Faith, Part 1 by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 10:45pm On Apr 27, 2018
This series continues tomorrow. Stay tuned...
Re: The Unbeatable Spirit Of Faith, Part 1 by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2018

(1) (Reply)

There May Be No Nigeria Or General Elections In 2019 – Adeboye / welcome to Nairaland super Sunday morning / About 68 Persons Gave Their Lives To Christ Instantly, After A Dead Man...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.