Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,611 members, 7,851,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:09 PM

Nigeria Failed System.. By Faithful Don - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Failed System.. By Faithful Don (274 Views)

Nigeria Failed African Development Bank / Victim Of A Failed System A Story About 2 Great Nigerians / The Nigeria Failed System...the Story Of My Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Failed System.. By Faithful Don by faithfuldon7(m): 6:35pm On Apr 26, 2018
THINK AND OBSERVE CRITICALLY!
THEN PUT YOUR TAKE PLS!!!

I was one time just making this calculation when I sat-down, when U spent many years in the university and Obtained your Degree certificate in (B.Eds, B.Engr or Bsc). You went for the Service and after, U also spent some years looking for Job every-where.
Luckily enough you get the Job with Federal Ministry @ Level 08/1.
Your take home salary is = N50,000 monthly, meanwhile N600,000 annually.
You then posted to Abuja, Lagos or any capital city in Nigeria especially the one that have expensive life standard, while the challenges are as follows:-
1. Transportation and
2. Accommodation which both are suppose to be paid as 28days in office allowance but you may spend 10years in ministry without meeting anyone who has collected this money.
So, from there U start thinking of someone you know who can squat you.
Is a known practiced and adopted culture within the ministry that you won't start getting paid until after 10months to one year.
While at current inflation rate u have to meet the following demands;

1. Daily transport to office is N1000 = N30,000. Monthly.
2. Feeding everyday N1500 = N45,000. Monthly.
3. Self maintenance cloths, calls say N20,000. Monthly.
4. Rent, one room N350,000. Annually.
5. Electric bill N5000. Monthly.
6. Water bills N3000. Monthly.
7. GoTv or Star times recharge N2000. Monthly.

Sub-total = N1,610,000. Annually.

Back to home, your wife and children or a girl friend you have. Parent and siblings all expecting some help from you

8. Parents and siblings say N10,000. Monthly
9. Wife and children maintenance N30,000. Monthly.
10. Children school fees N150,000. Annually.
11. Taking your children to school N10,000. Monthly
11. Coming home for week ends N10,000. Monthly
12. Other contingencies N10,000. Monthly
Sub- Total = 990,000

Grand Total = N2,600,000 - N600,000
Total Deficit per annum = N2,000,000

Observation:
U need a monthly take home of = N216,000 at level 08/1 but unfortunately this is the take home of Deputy Director in any Ministry even Finance and Works.

By civil service rules, you cannot do any other job or business if you are in Government service. Therefore, u are completely tie down by law.
So If I call this person Mr. A.

Questions:
1. Did i over cost any item on the list?
2. Is there any item Mr. A can avoid on the list?
3. From where will Mr. A get the 2million Naira deficit annually if he has to leave with the minimum standard I mentioned above?
4. Can Mr. A be a patriotic Citizen knowing fully that a senator takehome is N35million monthly?
5. Do u think even with death sentencing Mr. A can be stopped from stealing or corruption?
6. With his degree and a federal job, is Mr. A, happy man?
7. Is Government Job worth dying for?
8. Is the Problem of corruption in this country really attitudinal or system?

WAY OUT!
- With this weaknesses of the system of our government, I always ask my self, shall I join civil service or I should be established with my own business for survival and a happier life?

LOUDLY SPEAKING!
This is one of the weaknesses of our system (Constitution) in Nigeria, which must be critically examined by our government on how to brings about change and justice.

#Copied and edited#

By;

Faithful Don

(1) (Reply)

Killings: Fed Govt Stops Movement Of Herdsmen / Nigerians, Lets Rise Up. Enough Is Enough, Enough Of Insecurity, Bad Leadership / Yobe Govt. Places N1,000 Price On Every Tree Planted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.