Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Visa Ignorance: A Big Disease - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Ignorance: A Big Disease (1503 Views)

The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. / Ignorance Is Bliss..... / Qatar 5 Years Working Visa - A Deception, A Big Fraud! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visa Ignorance: A Big Disease by megastu(m): 2:34pm On May 18, 2010
I can't still believe this. Someone came to my office, cos there is an embassy in my office. He saw me at the door and told me he came to confirm if his visa was authentic. Without even looking at the passport, i took it to the consular officer, cos his secretary was not on seat. He looked at it and said that is a refusal. I went back to meet the applicant, and he said his agent applied for the visa for him after paying a deposit of N150,000.00 upon collection of the visa, he paid the balance.

Guess what the agent told him was his visa: A REFUSAL, and still collected his balance N150,000.00. Na wah oh.
Re: Visa Ignorance: A Big Disease by maedan(f): 2:40pm On May 18, 2010
megastu:

I can't still believe this. Someone came to my office, cos there is an embassy in my office. He saw me at the door and told me he came to confirm if his visa was authentic. Without even looking at the passport, i took it to the consular officer, cos his secretary was not on seat. He looked at it and said that is a refusal. I went back to meet the applicant, and he said his agent applied for the visa for him after paying a deposit of N150,000.00 upon collection of the visa, he paid the balance.

Guess what the agent told him was his visa: A REFUSAL, and still collected his balance N150,000.00. Na wah oh.

Gosh!!! I think a visa refusal will be drastically different from a granted one, how can anyone mix them up? But truly some don't really look properly at their visa. A friend's brother got to the airport only to be told that his visa was post-dated and he couldn't travel till like two weeks. The boy hadn't even checked the date of the visa but went to book a flight. Then on d day of departure arrived with all his luggage only to return home. I almost fainted laughing when I heard. So I guess anyone could make a mistake.
Re: Visa Ignorance: A Big Disease by megastu(m): 7:02am On May 20, 2010
Its really funny how gullible people can be.
Re: Visa Ignorance: A Big Disease by member65: 2:36pm On May 20, 2010
megastu:

Chei & Double Chei, if it's true,
Re: Visa Ignorance: A Big Disease by suxes2005(m): 5:15pm On May 20, 2010
@Poster, where is ur office and how come u were
chanced to meet a visa officer? Sounds somehow

As per d person, I fink he is dumb!

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: Visa Ignorance: A Big Disease by igbogolo: 7:47pm On May 20, 2010
I dont understand

the person saw a refusal stamp or a 'refusal visa' for him to come and check if its real?

1 Like

Re: Visa Ignorance: A Big Disease by megastu(m): 7:55pm On May 27, 2010
@igbogolo,

Yes oh. A refusal stamp and the agent told him it was a visa, and he fell for it and paid.
Re: Visa Ignorance: A Big Disease by megastu(m): 7:57pm On May 27, 2010
@susexx,

It doesnt sound somehow. The embassy is in my office. The consular also doubles as an employee in my office. Let me give you an instance. Do you know where dannish embassy is? it is at louis solomon; maersk house, and shares office with safmarine etc.
Re: Visa Ignorance: A Big Disease by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 29, 2010
Dumb!!!!
Re: Visa Ignorance: A Big Disease by canuck(m): 7:19pm On Jul 29, 2010
That is an average Nigerian for you!

In our bid to outsmart the system (which we loooooove to do), we usually get outsmarted! Shame.

megastu:

@susexx,

It doesnt sound somehow. The embassy is in my office. The consular also doubles as an employee in my office. Let me give you an instance. Do you know where dannish embassy is? it is at louis solomon; maersk house, and shares office with safmarine etc.

I know exactly the scenario you just described; I have seen a couple of foreign embassies with such arrangements in Lagos.
Re: Visa Ignorance: A Big Disease by canuck(m): 7:25pm On Jul 29, 2010
@megastu

With your proximity and access to a foreign embassy declared on this thread, I won't be surprised if you will be bombarded with offers of N250K per visa!  O'lboy, no chop oh!!! grin  grin  grin

1 Like

Re: Visa Ignorance: A Big Disease by Yinkaboy: 6:17pm On Aug 01, 2010
Israel modifies plans to deport migrant worker families

The shy five-year-old speaks fluent Hebrew and is already in the school system.

But she is almost oblivious to the fact that there are some people in the Israeli government who want to deport her and other children who are fully assimilated into Israeli society, because their parents are here illegally.

Israel has approved plans to deport the families of illegal migrant workers, and government spokesman Roei Lachmanovich told the BBC the plan would affect some 400 children and their parents.
Vincent Uzoma Vincent Uzoma says Israel should recognise the birthright of children born within its borders

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the move was made because the country faced increasing illegal migration, which was a threat to its Jewish character.

Eustace's father, Vincent, is originally from Nigeria but came to Israel 14 years ago on a legal tourist visa.

Having outstayed his official welcome, he settled down here and a job, got married and had children.

"It's unfair and unjust," says Vincent of the deportation plan as he carefully watches his youngest daughter on the swings.

"These children are born here and speak the language. Israel should recognise their birthright."

For years Israel encouraged foreign workers from the developing world to come here and do the poorly paid, menial jobs that Israelis did not want to do.

Now, wanting to reduce its dependence on overseas labour, Israel says many of those workers must leave even if they have children who were born here.
'Bringing disease'

Campaigners like Noa Kaufman from the organisation Israeli Children says the recent sight of immigration inspectors conducting spot checks on people in the street is tantamount to persecution.
Continue reading the main story

“Start Quote
Noa Kaufman

They live here, they have friends here but now the government wants to separate them from everything they know”

End Quote Noa Kaufman Israeli Children

"You can't simply put a child and it's mother, against their will, on a plane out of the country to somewhere the child doesn't know," says Ms Kaufman.
undecided

"They live here, they have friends here but now the government wants to separate them from everything they know."

Some Ministers in Israel's coalition, including Interior Minister Eli Yishai from the religious Shas Party, say they cannot grant more than 1,000 families permanent residency simply because their children were born in Israel.

Mr Yishai caused an outcry last year when he accused migrant workers of bringing with them "a profusion of diseases,  and drug addiction".
In need of reform

According Mr Netanyahu,

Immigration laws in Israel make it extremely hard for people to stay if they are not Jewish, but the scale of protest against these controversial proposals appears to have brought about a compromise of sorts.

Under pressure the government will now allow many children who have assimilated into Israeli society, those who go to school and speak Hebrew, to stay.

smiley

While there may be good news for five-year old Eustace and her family, others of a similar age will be sent to countries they do not know, with languages they do not understand.

By the government's own admission, Israel's immigration policy is unsatisfactory and is in need of reform.
Re: Visa Ignorance: A Big Disease by megastu(m): 9:06pm On Jul 24, 2019
Absolutely correct. I never did.

canuck:
@megastu

With your proximity and access to a foreign embassy declared on this thread, I won't be surprised if you will be bombarded with offers of N250K per visa!  O'lboy, no chop oh!!! grin  grin  grin

(1) (Reply)

Shea Butter/ori/okwuma/kadanya / Travellers!... How Do You Deal With Plane Turbulents During Flight? / For A Friend - How To Meet Nigerian Born Nigerians In UK For Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.