Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" (28932 Views)

US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu / Zainab Bagudu Stops Convoy To Meet Fulani Girls (Photos) / Kebbi State Government Disregards Aisha Bagudu As The First Lady - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by WotzupNG: 10:38am On Apr 27, 2018
Kebbi First Lady Slams Chimamanda Adichie, Calls Her Tribal And Stereotyped

Kebbi state’s first lady, Dr. Aisha Bagudu has reacted to a rebuttal written by Chimamanda Adichie concerning reactions she got on her interview with former US first lady and presidential aspirant, Hillary Clinton.

Kebbi first lady slams Chimamanda Adichie, calls her tribal and stereotyped

Reacting to Chimamanda Adichie, Dr. Aisha Bagudu slammed her stating that she ”sounds angry and reactive….Almost like a jilted girlfriend and not the beautiful intelligent wife and mother she is”.

She wrote:

Chimamanda Adichie, Hilary Clinton and Abeng Blessing.
Those who know me know that I am not a huge fan of @chimamanda_adichie. I often find her views tribal, stereotyped and based on the “one sided story” she speaks of so much. But I don’t know her story; so I don’t judge her. But simply being labeled a feminist swings her to one side. In actual fact, I have read most of her books and I am proud that she is an internationally acclaimed “FEMALE NIGERIAN AND DARNED GOOD AUTHOR”. But I don’t like labels. I don’t like titles. I don’t need them. Particularly those bestowed on one remotely. Labels can be so transient and they limit ones growth. We are ALL bigger than a label or title. Abeng in her letter to Chimmanda quotes from Eli Pope in the series #scandal as follows: if you have to say how powerful you are, you have no power. Real power is silent, hidden, there all along. It can’t be gained nor lost. It is not a commodity. It is who you are.

So for the most I am with @ms_einsteinettein the Mrs Hilary debate. Even more so because Chimamanda Adichie sounds angry and ''reactive''….Almost like a jilted girlfriend and not the beautiful intelligent wife and mother she is.
If you love someone, you love them, warts and all, up and down and you don’t mind shouting it out to the world. Like Hilary does; you bear the Mrs, support them however bad their behaviour, you stand by them and you don’t drag them with the world. Like she did during the Monica Lewinsky saga. Having said all that, I want to borrow Chimamanda’s ending. I don’t expect everyone to understand it, but it’s so apt for #currentsituation.
She says “Try understanding things in context before you reveal your ignorant misogyny to the word. Try reading a whole book. Or two. And please keep talking. Keep speaking. Don’t ever shut up. – #chroniclesofdrzsb''.

https://www.wotzup.ng/kebbi-first-lady-chimamanda-adichie/

17 Likes

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by Donpresh95(m): 10:41am On Apr 27, 2018
Ndị awusa ndị anya ufu

111 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by Uyiii: 10:43am On Apr 27, 2018
Okay, deliberating on this chimamanda's outrageous hogwash is enough.
Like we've bisected and dissected her soul already and she's quietly succumbed to the fact that she's an idiot for the nonsense identity she was tryna promulgate.

so Madame kebbi first lady, please stfu and don't use chimamanda's recent public foolishness to appeal your personal loathe for her, seeking for a useless public relevance.

Madame kebbi first lady, chimamanda adichie and all nonsensical feminism advocates are all very mad.
Thank you and cheers.

104 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by Mariangeles(f): 10:46am On Apr 27, 2018
Chimamanda's worldwide recognition got to her head!
From her reply, you can sense some know-it-all attitude...

She can say whatever she wants, but fact is she invaded on the privacy of another woman in front of the whole world!
Whether she admits it or not, all she did was make Mrs Clinton look weak in front of the whole world!

127 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by WotzupNG: 5:07pm On Apr 27, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by owomida1: 8:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
She get husband so?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by Boyooosa(m): 8:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
Udonmeanit?
Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by favourbaby: 8:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
How would these deliberations stop the fulanis from invading Benue state again under the watchful eyes but idle hands of the Nigerian security operatives?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by yomalex(m): 8:36pm On Apr 27, 2018
na wa o
Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by flokii: 8:36pm On Apr 27, 2018
Na yeye feminist she be.. Chimamanda my black ass

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by Giddymoney(m): 8:37pm On Apr 27, 2018
This woman children go hear am o

especially the girls

1 Like

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by kaen1317: 8:37pm On Apr 27, 2018
She's a lazy Nigerian youth that has made a success of herself with zero federal govt input. For whatever it is worth, she deserves son accolades!!

53 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by lilmax(m): 8:37pm On Apr 27, 2018
if there's something I learnt from Chimamanda is being intelligent and manipulative

intelligent in a way to control these whites,they just prove how dumb they are

15 Likes

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by dataking: 8:37pm On Apr 27, 2018
She is simply being pawned. Chiamanda is acting a script. Silly ass

13 Likes

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by GeneralOjukwu: 8:38pm On Apr 27, 2018
War loading...grin

Aboki vs IPOB

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by jerflakes(m): 8:38pm On Apr 27, 2018
Mariangeles:

She can say whatever she wants, but fact is she invaded on the privacy of another woman in front of the whole world!
Whether she admits it or not, all she did was make Mrs Clinton look weak in front of the whole world!

Word

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 27, 2018
I go with this woman, Chimamanda is becoming more stupid these days.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by wurabecca(f): 8:39pm On Apr 27, 2018
I seriously did not read the poo written up there.

Chi is Hundred billion better than this attention seeking opportunist.

Even with Chi Chronic Feminism, she has imparted thousands of Lifes.

Madam Kebbi, What have you done with your First lady status?.

Just free the young girl biko.

All this Women won carry Chi blow.

You have grace Nairaland front page, can you swerve now?

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by oyetunder(m): 8:39pm On Apr 27, 2018
when a white man enjoyed the beer...and the black cook who never tasted the beer is the one behaving drunk.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by flokii: 8:40pm On Apr 27, 2018
CaptJeffry:
I go with this woman, Chimamanda is becoming more stupid these days.

Super stupid sef..

She's lost touch with good dicking in her misearble life

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by CSTR1003: 8:40pm On Apr 27, 2018
So abokiis too have joined the fray?

What do those ones know about civilisation?

Will you go back to the other room before I spank you. Yeye alhaja.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by midolian(m): 8:40pm On Apr 27, 2018
Mariangeles:

On point like a full-stop

7 Likes

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by Macgreat(m): 8:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
grin

Tittle and Label I don't like too.

I like this woman.

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by Arijude(m): 8:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
I'm not supporting chimammanda, but who is this classless hausa woman?

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by martineverest(m): 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2018
madam first lady ,u are just stupid,simple......madam Clinton has rectified what chichi said...who are u to opinionated?

common gold digger

the truth is that most Nigerian youths especially social media warlords and those on nairaland are too dull to decode the message Clinton and chichi were passing across

both women were acting on a script written for them.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by pocohantas(f): 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2018
Mariangeles:

...which in fact, goes against what she stands for.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by oooppp2(m): 8:43pm On Apr 27, 2018
undecided
Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by RonJeremy: 8:43pm On Apr 27, 2018
Chimamanda Is a lazy Nigerian Youth...... Mrs Bagudu the First Lady but not first or only wife of Mr Governor, I hope you are now happy?

1 Like

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by wurabecca(f): 8:44pm On Apr 27, 2018
kaen1317:
She's a lazy Nigerian youth that has made a success of herself with zero federal govt input. For whatever it is worth, she deserves son accolades!!

Son ko

Daughter ni

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by flokii: 8:44pm On Apr 27, 2018
lilmax:
if there's something I learnt from Chimamanda is being intelligent and manipulative

intelligent in a way to control these whites,they just prove how dumb they are

Let's hear word jare..

She exhibits pride and the domineering nature common with her people.

Who is she and what good has she offered her people like Hillary if I may ask.. Nothing!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" by budusky05(m): 8:44pm On Apr 27, 2018
Na waooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? / Is GEJ Insinuating Obasanjo Killed Murtala Mohammed? / Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.