Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,417 members, 7,830,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings (19807 Views)

He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. / My Husband Is Cheating On Me With Our Neighbor! Hurting Real Bad / Jealousy: See How These Kids Welcome Their Newborn Siblings To The Family(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by phoenix90(m): 8:33am On May 01, 2018
Jman06:
I thought as much!

Male siblings and their selfishness... Only a few care about their siblings. I'm sure it's because of one lady you want your siblings out! All these other excuses of needing your privacy and cleaning your house are just hogwash! I know that adults are supposed to cater for themselves and all that, but don't forget we are in Nigeria where the society works differently and wise siblings carry themselves along to achieve greatness together. That is how many great families achieved greatness! Through cooperative interaction (Those in sciences might understand that term better). What have you done to help your siblings get jobs or get good education or vocational training I'm sure you have done nothing in that regard! Don't worry! Very soon that lady would start showing you pepper and then you'll realize how important your siblings are.
It seems you're squeezing a sibling out of space grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by bjnice(m): 8:35am On May 01, 2018
men, see as people dey dot out experience. me think say na only me dey face the same issue OP they experienced sha.

though i have two siblings staying with me, by God grace i have find job for them, but i still finance above 60 percent financial expenses every month. the formula i use is i have called them privately that event will soon change, so they should work towards having reasonable saves and so. Me have decide not to form our elder brother is capable to do it alone.

Op act wise, but don't use food as weapon at all, bcoz if at the end of the day, u could not achieve some of ur dreams due to overburdened from ur siblings u will have urself to blame.

happy New month folks
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by DonroxyII: 8:44am On May 01, 2018
Hidemyface:
I like my space and quiet but recently my siblings have encroach. My expenses have increased as well cause I am family oriented though still single. Right now I am intentionally leaving my fridge naked cos they've disorganized my food plan and neatness is paramount for me so I clean my apartment regularly. How do I tell them I need my peace back cos they are adults already and don't want their continued dependency as it is now affecting my ability to care for my mother the way I want to.
I just change accommodation that's all ....
At times, I maintained two accommodations, one for me and me alone .... and the second for them ....... Especially, if you are a professional student, they will disrupt your life plans and books unless they are also very serious about their school!
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by nurez305(m): 8:57am On May 01, 2018
Shynerman:
I am presently in such mess with a friend not even a sibling. All you need is patience pending the time you will get married.
same with me... Anyway I gave my friend till this coming Saturday... He only ask for just 2weeks and it is over 3month now, he doesn't want to leave.... I will never try that again

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by pedrilo: 9:05am On May 01, 2018
It's good to support your siblings but siblings should understand that you deserve some space.
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by pointblank247(m): 9:10am On May 01, 2018

I will holler gerrarah here alllll of you
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by DaCharis2016: 9:16am On May 01, 2018
Mine was that: my immediate younger one of 33 yrz wont show me respect, like washing one of my shirts when washing his. Even if I asked him to take money and buy food stuffs n cook, he will give an excuse. The annoying parts are: he tries to make himself better than me b4 my neighbours n others. He brings home girls. Is that not disrespectful? I got fed up and asked him to quit, since he was not humble.

Though I regret ever saying that to him. But I couldn't bear it anylonger since he wasn't going to change.

I hate it when someone who is supposed to show more respect is even embarrassing you b4 everyone.
I love sibblings who are wiser.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by Elderay(m): 9:20am On May 01, 2018
Hmm...my elder broda systematically forced m out of his hus Bcoz hé needed his privacy in a 3 bed room flat.w Dnt slip in d same room yet nt comfortable wit m stayin wit him but i noticed dat hé always regrets his action weneva w mit.Now i hav à room actually hé gav m 20k Wen i wanted To liv but dat was nt d ryt tym fo m .nw his power over m has really reduced hé cant control m anyhow unlike b4.I stil respect him though but God givs him d privilège to assist m Wen i needed him but hé fail Bcoz hé made m xprience so many bad thing d first few month i left his hus..Now To ur case if u send em packin Dnt think thy cant find means To survive for emslvs thy wil definitely find in a hard way but thy wil never fgiv u unless u can find à place for dem nd giv em excuse y u want To get em à plac .
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by Nobody: 9:23am On May 01, 2018
From the response here, it appears that a lot of people are inconveniencing either one of there sibling or friend...

That is why they are indirectly supporting it.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by Ceasardgreat(m): 10:06am On May 01, 2018
Ramos16:

Oh we Africans, why should it be anybody's duty to take care of another, just because they were unfortunate to be born from the same parents, don't get me wrong take care of your siblings if and when you can, but not at your expense. The only people you should take care of unconditionally, even at your own expense, are your children or wards.

Sounds selfish!
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by Ramos16(m): 10:19am On May 01, 2018
Ceasardgreat:

Sounds selfish!

Well... You are free to read meaning to my post as you wish, but it is the truth, I don't think it is selfish, and mind you, what I said is that you down own anybody any responsibility to take care of them, except the children you are taking care of. If you still think that is selfish I cannot convince you otherwise.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by krak101(m): 10:31am On May 01, 2018
Family is family. Remember that. I suggest y'all sit down and lay down some rules. Living together with family can be fun even though it's neck breaking at times. The earlier you assist em find their feet the closer you are to your much needed privacy. Good luck
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by freecocoa(f): 11:01am On May 01, 2018
Someone who keeps his fridge empty when he can afford not to, just so his siblings won't eat, isn't a kind of sibling I'll want to have, MBA biko!

I don't envy your siblings at all.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by Nobody: 11:35am On May 01, 2018
emmysoftyou:
that means ur brother do you well Na?

If not, u for just relax there and time dey go..
Naso my Yoruba friend dey complain sey him friend wey come pay visit no wan go again instead carry woman come him house.
The guy sey him go live the house for him sey him dey find apartment now.
Yeah. He was bold enough to ask when I was leaving. That's what your friend should do rather than run from his own house.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by Nobody: 11:37am On May 01, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:
i can imagine your thought that day but the truth is that sometimes we need that little push. I'm happy that today you know that the push of yesterday made your today worth it
Not just that day. Till today I still guilt trip him with it.
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by deavicky(m): 11:54am On May 01, 2018
Hidemyface:
I like my space and quiet but recently my siblings have encroach. My expenses have increased as well cause I am family oriented though still single. Right now I am intentionally leaving my fridge naked cos they've disorganized my food plan and neatness is paramount for me so I clean my apartment regularly. How do I tell them I need my peace back cos they are adults already and don't want their continued dependency as it is now affecting my ability to care for my mother the way I want to.
nonsence don't try to use ur mother as an excuse.if want them to not say with u, look for an apartment for them also try to be paying the rent. As for ur mothers nothing will be best for her than helping ur siblings. The Bible also acknowledge this. If u love me feed my flocks.
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by Hidemyface: 12:27pm On May 01, 2018
stuffs4me:

This OP is very wicked. How can you keep your siblings hungry. You deserve to be shot in a firing squad.

Come and fire me na. for being 'wicked' cheesy
But on a serious note, don't jump into conclusion. I still have half bag of rice that I bought since December last year which has not gone halfway and still struggling to eat cause I don't eat much, there is beans, oil, fresh tomatoes and pepper, condiments, a carton of noodles, potatoes, cereals, beverages and cooking gas. Nothing stops them from cooking and I restock my fridge with at least 20k for the month. Let me stop here cos I believe you get the point now.
I have never asked anyone to help me take care of any exp. As human you get tired shouldering responsibility especially when you started it at a tender age of 17. I also worked to pay my way to get a degree. Like I said earlier, I pray for more grace and money in order not to complain.
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by Hidemyface: 12:31pm On May 01, 2018
deavicky:
nonsence don't try to use ur mother as an excuse.if want them to not say with u, look for an apartment for them also try to be paying the rent. As for ur mothers nothing will be best for her than helping ur siblings. The Bible also acknowledge this. If u love me feed my flocks.

OK seh! But this your Bible quote no be for this mata and I want my mother to start enjoying the fruit of her labor.
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by CarlosTheJackal: 12:33pm On May 01, 2018
JuanitaJames:

Not just that day. Till today I still guilt trip him with it.
Madam Emotional blackmailer i dey hail #Lol
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by emmysoftyou: 12:49pm On May 01, 2018
JuanitaJames:

Yeah. He was bold enough to ask when I was leaving. That's what your friend should do rather than run from his own house.
my friend doesn't like his current place though and that's why he wants to abandon the place for the new guy who has overstayed his welcome.
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by Meklex(m): 12:50pm On May 01, 2018
@Op. The sooner the better. They should find their ways if you can't cater for them.
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by Hidemyface: 12:53pm On May 01, 2018
AgentGoat:

You should ashamed of yourself undecided
Okay, I'm ashamed. undecided
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 01, 2018
emmysoftyou:
my friend doesn't like his current place though and that's why he wants to abandon the place for the new guy who has overstayed his welcome.
That's good too. But most importantly is to avoid other people taking that advantage of him even in his new place.
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 01, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:
Madam Emotional blackmailer i dey hail #Lol
You trace me come here?
Anyway if I don't black mail him who will?
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by CarlosTheJackal: 1:30pm On May 01, 2018
JuanitaJames:

You trace me come here?
Anyway if I don't black mail him who will?
This is where i started before i checked your profile.

I like the type of your own blackmailer. #Lol.

I will tell your Bros to call your bluff because you are dancing etighi here for your EB
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by CarlosTheJackal: 1:35pm On May 01, 2018
JuanitaJames:

I remember during my University days how the guy i harboured brought in the gf and impregnate her there. I had to leave the house for them and move to a friend place. The guy was surprised and he respected me for showing him love. Today the baby is 12years old and still calls me Uncle
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 01, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:
I remember during my University days how the guy i harboured brought in the gf and impregnate her there. I had to leave the house for them and move to a friend place. The guy was surprised and he respected me for showing him love. Today the baby is 12years old and still calls me Uncle
Ndo. Belle everywhere.
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 01, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:
This is where i started before i checked your profile.

I like the type of your own blackmailer. #Lol.

I will tell your Bros to call your bluff because you are dancing etighi here for your EB
See you he recently did me well again. I am his only sibling oh. We are adult orphans. lol
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by CarlosTheJackal: 5:18pm On May 01, 2018
JuanitaJames:

See you he recently did me well again. I am his only sibling oh. We are adult orphans. lol
Can i send my account number so that you can do me well also.

Account Number

01654378 Chase Bank. Mark Stone.

But you get mouth oooooo
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by CarlosTheJackal: 5:20pm On May 01, 2018
JuanitaJames:

Account Number

But you get mouth oooooo..
Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 01, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:

Account Number

But you get mouth oooooo..
I will think about it. Send me 20 copies of your application letter and proposal stating in clear terms how you intend to utilize the money if given to you.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings by CarlosTheJackal: 5:58pm On May 01, 2018
JuanitaJames:

I will think about it. Send me 20 copies of your application letter and proposal stating in clear terms how you intend to utilize the money if given to you.
Lol. Funny gal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

She Slaps Me Anytime We Fight —husband Tells Judge / Christmas Gift For My Daughters / Things A Mom Should Tell Her Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.