Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise (39705 Views)

Female Imo Corper Dies In Accident On Her Way To Kwara On Relocation / NYSC: Man O War And A Female Corper While Drilling / Fortune Ihe: Corper Dies In Sokoto NYSC Camp Due To 'Negligence' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 28, 2018
Nigeria is dead

Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by mrmattolanrewaju(m): 10:59am On Apr 28, 2018
so sad!
death everywhere everyday. I'm tired typing RIP all the time.

may God continue to protect me, my family and all nairalanders in Jesus'. Amen

RIP TO THE DEAD sad
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by asawanathegreat(m): 11:00am On Apr 28, 2018
Eyah so sorry RIP to her
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by victrick105: 11:01am On Apr 28, 2018
pls can someone just skip this NYSC shit...i see no gain in serving in a shithole country with shithole leaders and shithole military.
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by thesmallgod(m): 11:01am On Apr 28, 2018
Oil and Gas is now a course. op you well sooo
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:02am On Apr 28, 2018
So sad. RIP. My condolences to her family and friendship.
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by firo08(m): 11:02am On Apr 28, 2018
This is sad...
I pity the deceased family in this trying time.
Rip young lady.
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by nwibubasaalex(m): 11:04am On Apr 28, 2018
sleep on Eva......You will always b in our hearts�.

Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by mvem(m): 11:04am On Apr 28, 2018
Oye0404:
That's so sad, she didn't die during her 5years in d uni only to die at d latter stage of everything, may d Lord console her family..
But i still don't know the essence of this yeye drill,,,,
...the drill is not compulsory and her death sef is not clear....no one forces u to climb rope or do parade or whatever as far as u don't want too or have a legitimate reason...and moreover dey ask for medical fitness before u report to camp
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by adslipps: 11:06am On Apr 28, 2018
This was how a corps member died of snake bite in that same Yikpata camp in 2010 batch A orientation exercise. For all I knw there is nothing in the camp clinic.
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 28, 2018
o ma se o cryo ma se o
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by balosunky(m): 11:07am On Apr 28, 2018
Am yet to see a major advantage of NYSC to the graduates and society as large
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by Engrmustyboss(m): 11:11am On Apr 28, 2018
Something most kil a man!!! Rip young lady
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by MYHUBBY: 11:17am On Apr 28, 2018
I dey pity those people wey dey climb anything in camps when they won't give me anything, I didn't do any of this than climbing rope

she don't have strength and liver to do that yet she force herself to it but why?

this is going to be a sad news to her parent after 4yrs of lecturers harassment, night reading, struggling to fetch water

may her soul rip, may God guide all batch A'18 corps till the end of their service year

Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by DonPikko: 11:25am On Apr 28, 2018
Rip to her, I didn't climb that rope In camp o, infact i skipped those useless meaningless early morning excercise, that 3weeks is just to pass time, don't go and form Bruce lee there, Nysc no send you

1 Like

Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by OriginalCEO: 11:27am On Apr 28, 2018
kristonium:
So sad!
All NYSC camps are poorly equipped medically!
This is a wake-up call!

my broda it is evn worst in dat yikpata, it wl tke 2hrs plus to gt to ilorin 4rm dere... make she jst RIP
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by mechanics(m): 11:27am On Apr 28, 2018
eyah too bad.
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by LZAA: 11:28am On Apr 28, 2018
maximunimpact:
A female National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member serving in Kwara State has lost her life. She died at the NYSC camp in Yikpata, Edu local government area.

The deceased, Amadi Eva Ichechukwu with registration number KW/18A/0135, Batch A, from Rivers State, was said to have died due to injuries she sustained during a “Man-O-War” drilling exercise at the ongoing orientation camp.

The deceased who studied Oil and Gas at University of Port Harcourt, it was gathered, was said to have been full of life before her mobilisation for the one year mandatory service to father land.

Investigations revealed that the deceased was said to have fallen off the string in the course of Man-O-War drilling exercise at the orientation camp.

A source said after falling off the string, she was hurriedly rushed to the NYSC clinic at the camp for medical attention where she was attended to by medical personnel who are also corps members.

However, it was also gathered that when the deceased condition worsened, NYSC management rushed her to General Hospital in Ilorin for further medical attention where she reportedly died.

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2018/04/28/nysc-corps-member-dies-during-man-o-war-exercise-in-kwara-state/

Yikpata man!
so many memories
this sadly na just accident and d babe for form sick
RIP nwanne

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by OriginalCEO: 11:31am On Apr 28, 2018
mrmattolanrewaju:
so sad! death everywhere everyday. I'm tired typing RIP all the time.
(
make evrifn jst end, b4 Seun (nairaland) go put RIP emoji...
Just tired of dis failed Nation
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by DreamSonInlaw(m): 11:32am On Apr 28, 2018
malware:
The girl died of "Chacharikita I Do Like This, I balance well" dance ni?

During my time in 2011, I was so skeptical about that life-threatening rope climbing
cheesy

Chop akara dey go... Moi Moi no dey *2
Abi Na waiyo bege bege
Ah camp songs

During my time as I hear you don't get punished or marks I just go sitdon
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by obinoral1179(m): 11:37am On Apr 28, 2018
I doubt this news, Man o war drills comes after you must have spent 2 weeks in camp excluding the early morning moral by the man o war.... The first three days is use to learn basic marching skills from the army which will be needed for the swearing in..... Rest in peace to the dead.
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by Snow02: 11:41am On Apr 28, 2018
why the. man o war guy grab her azz like that?? LMAO rip though this is not funny
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by DonPikko: 11:54am On Apr 28, 2018
obinoral1179:
I doubt this news, Man o war drills comes after you must have spent 2 weeks in camp excluding the early morning moral by the man o war.... The first three days is use to learn basic marching skills from the army which will be needed for the swearing in..... Rest in peace to the dead.
Man O war drills is according to platoon, maybe hers was the first or second
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by obainojazz(m): 11:56am On Apr 28, 2018
malware:

During my time in 2011, I was so skeptical about that life-threatening rope climbing
cheesy
I did that stuff, scary mhen.
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by sujexy(m): 12:13pm On Apr 28, 2018
I didn't do man o war drills oo
I escaped jareh, my daily hideout na NCCF chapel@ hilltop..Yikpata !!!
R.I.P to the girl tho
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by spencekat(m): 12:23pm On Apr 28, 2018
thesmallgod:
Oil and Gas is now a course. op you well sooo
Gas Engineering.Op made a mistake.
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by alsudaes1(m): 12:34pm On Apr 28, 2018
malware:

cheesy

I didn't even make any attempt to climb that stuff, anything beyond normal walking exercise, my hands no dey
I wasn't happy with the nysc posting, so nothing there got my interest
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by justtoodark: 12:58pm On Apr 28, 2018
ekems2017:
Rip. But it would have been avoided. Its not compulsory to climb those robe

dont do it if cant....sad story....
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by ogbiwa: 1:01pm On Apr 28, 2018
Wow. Sad one. During our time at Yikpata years back I remember some corpers that refused to do some drills and they weren't forced. Then again I'm sure it must have been a slip on her part while climbing not necessarily any one's fault really. Meanwhile, the siting of some of our orientation camps DO NOT take medical emergencies into consideration to be honest. Yikpata to Ilorin is a minimum 4-5 hours journey I remember and the road is hell and there's no other well equipped hospital inbetween. Imagine trying to 'rush' someone hanging on to life by a thread all the way to Ilorin! Sad
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by talk2percy(m): 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2018
Just negodu how this useless youth service nonsense wasted the life of this lady?? They should do away with this useless compulsory one year service!
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:29pm On Apr 28, 2018
kpaofame:
shocked shocked cry cry cry cry

If you know u are not capable of doing something, dont do it...in my time not all corp members participated in the drills, they are also different drills, some skipped some and did others...

Really sad event for the family of this departed corp member,
RIP to her
and Now her watch is ended

Her Watch is ended... cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Female Imo Corper Dies In Accident On Her Way To Kwara On Relocation / Marry Yourselves – DG Advises NYSC Members / How NYSC Camp Showed Me 'shege'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.