Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise (39703 Views)

Female Imo Corper Dies In Accident On Her Way To Kwara On Relocation / NYSC: Man O War And A Female Corper While Drilling / Fortune Ihe: Corper Dies In Sokoto NYSC Camp Due To 'Negligence' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by Horllaittan(f): 1:32pm On Apr 28, 2018
Reason why i took exeat from camp the day it was my platoons turn for the drilling when i heard from other platoon's member that all were forced to participate.
Rip girl......
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by chrisxxx(m): 1:34pm On Apr 28, 2018
In 2008 April an Ikwerre corps member serving in Oyin or so in Kwara died. Ten years later another Ikwerre corps member serving in Kwara has died again. I hope all is well? I served in Ilorin in 2008.
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by santos012(m): 1:40pm On Apr 28, 2018
me that was carrying my doctors report upandan in case they want to subject me to unnecessary exercise. Am glad I was with that report. You need to See the way people were fainting that year for nassarawa camp for inside sun.
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by Tenshades(m): 1:52pm On Apr 28, 2018
Last year, one useless man o' war lady in mangu camp in plateau state was tryna lure guys to drilling by telling us we wud b scored and it wud affect our posting...na so i tell madam say na village i wan even go serve sef, say i no go climb sh!t or jump like vector game, go break bones. Who NYSC epp.
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by Vickram: 1:54pm On Apr 28, 2018
Buhari !!!!!!!!, waiting dis man go cause at the end of his tenure na only God knows o. RIP to d dead
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by Elbizzcklinz(m): 2:19pm On Apr 28, 2018
maximunimpact:
A female National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member serving in Kwara State has lost her life. She died at the NYSC camp in Yikpata, Edu local government area.

The deceased, Amadi Eva Ichechukwu with registration number KW/18A/0135, Batch A, from Rivers State, was said to have died due to injuries she sustained during a “Man-O-War” drilling exercise at the ongoing orientation camp.

The deceased who studied Oil and Gas at University of Port Harcourt, it was gathered, was said to have been full of life before her mobilisation for the one year mandatory service to father land.

Investigations revealed that the deceased was said to have fallen off the string in the course of Man-O-War drilling exercise at the orientation camp.

A source said after falling off the string, she was hurriedly rushed to the NYSC clinic at the camp for medical attention where she was attended to by medical personnel who are also corps members.

However, it was also gathered that when the deceased condition worsened, NYSC management rushed her to General Hospital in Ilorin for further medical attention where she reportedly died.

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2018/04/28/nysc-corps-member-dies-during-man-o-war-exercise-in-kwara-state/

It's so heart breaking.

Rip Eva

(Picture below)

Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by madgoat(m): 3:01pm On Apr 28, 2018
TIDDOLL:
General hospital...
Wey staffs they on Strike undecided

Just Imagine... undecided
Shut up, they are not on strike. undecided
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by Zinny25(f): 4:02pm On Apr 28, 2018
I have noticed that in every NYSC batch, a corper must die... God, your children are in your hands
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by teemy(m): 4:45pm On Apr 28, 2018
I remember during my time when a soldier warned those whose minds were not in it not to risk doing the exercises as anything could be life threatening. There are no marks for it and if you fall or rope hooks your neck or whatever, life would continue for the living. All being said, I wish the family the fortitude to bear her loss.
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by YaksonFCA(m): 4:56pm On Apr 28, 2018
RIP
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by electropiz(m): 6:16pm On Apr 28, 2018
I was there too,
malware:
The girl died of "Chacharikita I Do Like This, I balance well" dance ni?

During my time in 2011, I was so skeptical about that life-threatening rope climbing
cheesy
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by okalo(m): 6:16pm On Apr 28, 2018
Yikpata¶
Yikpata¶
Nor b place 4 lazy man¶
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by ariesbull: 6:31pm On Apr 28, 2018
That's how one died during my time of service
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by dennisworld1(m): 7:24pm On Apr 28, 2018
I remember ecomog deadly hall close to mami market full of snakes and scorpions at Yikpata. That camp is the worst camp in Nigeria
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by smile4excel(f): 8:11pm On Apr 28, 2018
Lies!!! A friend of mine in the camp told me he met the girl in the clinic when he went for cough syrup, he told me that the girl was chatting with her friends that day, just a dislocation in the leg o
Her friend was even the one that got the bandage the used to hold the leg. Just ordinary dislocation not that she fainted. She could chat very well. Then later, they told them that the girl asked a nurse there to help her to the toilet for her to urinate which immediately when they got there, she started shivering and died immediately cos she was taken out immediately to the General hospital close and also teaching hospital Ilorin were she was announced dead on arrival.
Something happened which I'm sure of although the autopsy will tell
Maybe IM drugs were given by IV which kills immediately, my own thoughts though.
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by placeofallure(f): 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2018
Hmmmn! Gosh! That bridge-like string! I remember when I got on it halfway and looked down I was scared and was shouting "I no do again" they said, "For where, you must do!" the thing is there were safety officers around to help prevent falls or injuries. However, I remember a slayer lady fell and was seriously injured, Why? She went alone to climb when everyone was in the hall for another activity. She wanted to take pictures and she paid dearly for that act. God gives and God takes, comfort to her family for the painful loss.
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by akum78: 9:09pm On Apr 28, 2018
RIP
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by Coolgent(m): 12:36am On Apr 29, 2018
Yikpata camp! Hmmm i nearly die there lipsrsealed.
Its the worse NYSC camp in 9ja.
Re: Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
RIP, my dear. The same drills we went through.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Female Imo Corper Dies In Accident On Her Way To Kwara On Relocation / Marry Yourselves – DG Advises NYSC Members / How NYSC Camp Showed Me 'shege'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.