Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,264 members, 7,846,242 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F (3455 Views)

Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures / A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos / FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by deomelllo: 3:01pm On Apr 28, 2018
SalamRushdie:

And who told you the Tucano is not a jet ? You clearly know nothing about aircrafts or jet engines ... Nigeria doesnt have any air superiority aircraft to conveniently intercept for and defend our air space with so I would have expected the govt to use that money and buy a squadron of flankers and use the change to buy a curtain of decent two seater attack helicopters that will put an end to Boko Haram forces territorial movt in the North East.. the Tucano is no doubt great asset to provide close support with for advancing ground troops similar where it can be used to attack advancing armored columns and breaking up defensive positions just like what the great A10 warthog did for US forces but unfortunately Boko Haram rag tag insurgency doesnt and never uses any complex offensive strategy...The best was to take out Boko Haram type of forces is with attack helicopters and not a fix wing aircraft .

ipob yoot, the A-29 “Super Tucano” is not a jet, it's a turboprop aircraft

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by deomelllo: 3:05pm On Apr 28, 2018
How the Tucano became the A-29 Super Tucano

The A-29 “Super Tucano” turboprop aircraft looks like a Latin spin throwback to the World War II era of iconic American fighters- but make no mistake this aircraft is a modern hybrid of low tech and high tech fit to fight current threats.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/09/01/seals-tucano-planes-and-more-than-3300-pounds-weapons.html

Also, do you mind explaining to us why they call them Turborprop aircrafts instead of Fighter jets?

Stick to your engine rubbish and call them what they really are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by deomelllo: 3:11pm On Apr 28, 2018
With more than 3,300 pounds of weapons, the fierce Super Tucano can swoop in to unleash hefty firepower from above and save lives of warfighters on the ground.

Super Tucano carries an array of weapons that no enemy would want to see heading their way.

In fact, five hard points under the wing and fuselage allow the aircraft to bring more than 3,300 pounds of weapons to a fight.

In addition to two internal machine guns, it can bring two .50" machine guns in the wings, with each unleashing 200 rounds for powerful close support of ground forces.

Rocket launchers like the LAU-68 and bombs like the Mk 81 or Mk 82 equipped with guidance kits are two other sorts of firepower it can unload to defeat enemy forces.

If the Super Tucano is under attack from an enemy plane, then it can unleash short-range air-air missiles like the AIM-9 Sidewinders – just like jets.

Underestimate the A-29 Super Tucano at your own risk..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by SalamRushdie: 3:22pm On Apr 28, 2018
deomelllo:

ipob yoot, the A-29 “Super Tucano” is not a jet, it's a turboprop aircraft

A turbo prop is a jet engine if you dont know ..go school go school una no gree dey follow one Dullard up and down ..Okay now I have schooled you that a turbo prop is actually a type of jet engine ..
Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by SalamRushdie: 3:25pm On Apr 28, 2018
GodFreyinNORSE:

We already have two Mi 35M attacking helicopter and more are still coming. The Tucano is more needed here

Mi 35 is to noisy and bulky for the sort of operation I am taking about ..we at least 12 quick to get of the ground light two seaters very flexible and quiet attack copters ? There are many of them in the market ,do you know how many minutes it takes to call just pre flight check list of the Mi 35 talkers of of ground checks , at that time a Boko Haram convoy would have disappeared into thin air
Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by deomelllo: 3:38pm On Apr 28, 2018
[s]
SalamRushdie:

A turbo prop is a jet engine if you dont know ..go school go school una no gree dey follow one Dullard up and down ..Okay now I have schooled you that a turbo prop is actually a type of jet engine ..
[/s]

Stop bothering me with your ipob ignorance.

The fact that they have a variation of jet engine doesn't mean they are jet places and there's a clear difference between turboprop planes and Jet planes.

Tucanos are turboprops, not jets regardless what kind of engines they put in them? They call Tucanos turboprop air crafts instead of jet planes for a reason.

Olodo, you beta go and school your fellow ignorant and unintelligent village Igbos...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by SalamRushdie: 3:45pm On Apr 28, 2018
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

Stop bothering me with your ipob ignorance.

The fact that they have a variation of jet engine doesn't mean they are jet places and there's a clear difference between turboprop planes and Jet planes.

Tucanos are turboprops, not jets regardless what kind of engines they put in them? They call Tucanos turboprop air crafts instead of jet planes for a reason.

Olodo, you beta go and school your fellow ignorant and unintelligent village Igbos...

Turboprop is the Name of a jet engine variation and not a type of aircraft..Can you call a piston driven propeller planar a turboprop ? No ..receive sense , don't come to a place where you brain grade can't offer anything to argue ..yiu think this is PDP APC crap... I have mastered jet engine /rocket tech since I was 8 years old so you can't argue this field with me ..its my passion
Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by deomelllo: 3:54pm On Apr 28, 2018
[s]
SalamRushdie:

Turboprop is the Name of a jet engine variation and not a type of aircraft..Can you call a piston driven propeller planar a turboprop ? No ..receive sense , don't come to a place where you brain grade can't offer anything to argue ..yiu think this is PDP APC crap... I have mastered jet engine /rocket tech since I was 8 years old so you can't argue this field with me ..its my passion
[/s]

The Tucano is a Turboprop aircraft, not a Jet or fighter jet regardless the kind of engine they put in them.

If your argument is " Tucanos have jet engines", then maybe you have a point, but they don't call them jets, they call them turboprops.

This topic is not about a fighter jet, it's about the A-29 Super Tucano turboprop aircraft so stop mixing up the discussion or trying to confuse people just because of engine variations.

Tucano is a Turboprop aircaraft, not a Jet and they don't call them jets, they call them Turboprops.

lol @ I have mastered jet engine /rocket tech since I was 8 years old so you can't argue this field with me ..its my passion....these village Igbos won't kill pesin with lafta sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by SalamRushdie: 4:16pm On Apr 28, 2018
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

The Tucano is a Turboprop aircraft, not a Jet or fighter jet regardless the kind of engine they put in them.

If your argument is " Tucanos have jet engines", then maybe you have a point, but they don't call them jets, they call them turboprops.

This topic is not about a fighter jet, it's about the A-29 Super Tucano turboprop aircraft so stop mixing up the discussion or trying to confuse people just because of engine variations.

Tucano is a Turboprop aircaraft, not a Jet and they don't call them jets, they call them Turboprops.

lol @ I have mastered jet engine /rocket tech since I was 8 years old so you can't argue this field with me ..its my passion....these village Igbos won't kill pesin with lafta sha

A jet in aircraft classification is any fixed winged aircraft utilizing any variation of jet engine technology as it's power plant but you seem seem to make it sound like the word " jet " in jet fighter classifies an airframe solution of some sort grin ..Oga if I mount a jet power plant on any fixed wing aircraft that plane immediately becomes a jet powered aircraft , you have clearly brainwashed your self into think Jet is an airframe design instead of propulsion .. Do you even know what a Jet engine is? Can you even tell the difference between a jet engine an a rocket ... Have you ever wondered why rocket powered planes or crafts are not called jets?
Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by deomelllo: 4:22pm On Apr 28, 2018
[s]
SalamRushdie:

A jet in aircraft classification is any fixed winged aircraft utilizing any variation of jet engine technology as it's power plant but you seem seem to make it sound like the word " jet " in jet fighter classifies an airframe solution of some sort grin ..Oga if I mount a jet power plant on any fixed wing aircraft that plane immediately becomes a jet powered aircraft , you have clearly brainwashed your self into think Jet is an airframe design instead of propulsion .. Do you even know what a Jet engine is? Can you even tell the difference between a jet engine an a rocket ... Have you ever wondered why rocket powered planes or crafts are not called jets?
[/s]

Is the Tucano a Turboprop aircraft or a Fighter Jet?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by freeze001(f): 4:25pm On Apr 28, 2018
GodFreyinNORSE:

The Tucano plane is the best flying weapon for counter insurgency. You don't fight insurgents with jet. America and many tech advance countries owns it. Get your fact right.

The one I don't understand is the fact that the jets will not be delivered until 2020. Does it mean insurgency will not be quelled before then? We'll keep wallowing in the insecurity that had persistently plagued the country until 2020 when the jets will arrive abd then be deployed into the war against terrorists? Why d hurry to buy weapons that will not be available for use whilst the problem those weapons are supposed to solve are upon us?
Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by 400billionman: 4:26pm On Apr 28, 2018
Any deal done in a hurry is dubious. fraudulent and lacks Transparency. Even 419 is done in a hurry and deadline once the fraudster knows he is dealing with a naive or illiterate fellow who would fall for it.
Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by SalamRushdie: 4:29pm On Apr 28, 2018
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

The classification " fighter jet " is a military role classification.. Embrear markets the Tucano as a ground support attack aircraft but if any military decides to use it in an air superiority role then it automatically can be designated as jet fighter by that military which would be a bad decision because lacks the speed and manuveurability to out class aircraft purposeful designed for this role ...to close out I will say the Tucano is not a fighter jet but it's a jet aircraft
Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by deomelllo: 4:31pm On Apr 28, 2018
freeze001:

The one I don't understand is the fact that the jets will not be delivered until 2020. Does it mean insurgency will not be quelled before then? We'll keep wallowing in the insecurity that had persistently plagued the country until 2020 when the jets will arrive abd then be deployed into the war against terrorists? Why d hurry to buy weapons that will not be available for use whilst the problem those weapons are supposed to solve are upon us?

They have other platforms like helicopters,, jets, drones and manpower to keep fighting BH with for now.
Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by 400billionman: 4:33pm On Apr 28, 2018
GodFreyinNORSE:
The negotiation for this plane started since the last regime. Unfortunately, the GEJ administration couldn't strike a deal with the erstwhile US regime wjo slammed Nigeria Military with Human Abuse. However, Buhari administration continued on the negotiation and has successfully strike a deal. The deal is not just a plane but comes with support, training and maintenance.

Firstly, the market price of the plane cost $10m. That is just the price of a single unit. We have not added the configurations, the cost of training personnels, spare parts, maintenance, bombs and rockets. From what I heard, this plane is coming with thousands of bombs and rockets, this is coming at a cost.

The warplane is not guguru and epa which you buy and simply eat. Nigeria is not technologically buoyant enough to maintain or fabricate spare parts for planes. We do not have the skills of building our own bombs or rockets. We do not have the the talents that can fly warplane without proper trainings from the manufacturer. These are what added to the cost.

Think about it... You want to buy a phone that worth $100 from Aliexpress, this phone can arrive at $200 when we add more more ram, rom, tscard, screen guide, mouse, touch pen, mode of delivery (dhl, fedex and destination), system upgrade and modification of system. This will add more to the initial cost.

So we all need to throw sentiment away and ask questions. The senate are angry because they do not have pay cuts. And Government is paying directly to US Government for the planes without intermediaries unlike what was obtained in previous government.
So if it's your money you will buy one at 40m dollars instead of the open market price of 10m dollars? because it will carry bomb as big as your head?
Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by deomelllo: 4:39pm On Apr 28, 2018
SalamRushdie:

The classification " fighter jet " is a military role classification.. Embrear markets the Tucano as a ground support attack aircraft but if any military decides to use it in an air superiority role then it automatically can be designated as jet fighter by that military which would be a bad decision because lacks the speed and manuveurability to out class aircraft purposeful designed for this role ...to close out I will say the Tucano is not a fighter jet but it's a jet aircraft

Super Tucano - EMBRAER | Defense & Security.

www.embraerds.com/super_tucano.html

Embraer's Super Tucano - a single-engine, stepped-tandem, multi-purpose military turboprop - delivers both training and operational effectiveness at low acquisition and operating costs. It offers advanced solutions for basic to early advanced and weapons familiarization training, such as in-flight virtual training

Abeg keep your lies and ignorance to yourself and quit spinning tales, EMBRAER markets the Tucano as a Multi-purpose military turboprop

Answer my question

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by deomelllo: 4:41pm On Apr 28, 2018
400billionman:
So if it's your money you will buy one at 40m dollars instead of the open market price of 10m dollars? because it will carry bomb as big as your head?

lmao...Igbos no dey carry last with their laughable ignorant rubbish.....

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by freeze001(f): 4:47pm On Apr 28, 2018
deomelllo:

They have other platforms like helicopters,, jets, drones and manpower to keep fighting BH with for now.

My point is, why not go for weapons that can be put to immediate use rather than breach the constitution for something that is of no immediate use? In other words the government is telling us that there is no end in sight to the madness going on so what was the basis of his campaign that he'd end boko haram in 3 months of his coming to power? Did they campaign with tuscano jets?
Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by SalamRushdie: 4:52pm On Apr 28, 2018
deomelllo:

Abeg keep your lies and ignorance to yourself and quit spinning tales, EMBRAER markets the Tucano as a Multi-purpose military turboprop

Answer my question

If they actually market it as a multi role military aircraft then any military that put it into an interceptor or air superiority role can designate it a fighter jet but that's not for me to call , the basis of my submissions here is to clarify the wrong notion a lot of people have about turbo props and I hope I have corrected that
Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by deomelllo: 4:55pm On Apr 28, 2018
[s]
freeze001:

My point is, why not go for weapons that can be put to immediate use rather than breach the constitution for something that is of no immediate use? In other words the government is telling us that there is no end in sight to the madness going on so what was the basis of his campaign that he'd end boko haram in 3 months of his coming to power? Did they campaign with tuscano jets?
[/s]

Sorry I quoted you, I don't feel like going back and forth with another rambling anti PMB and anti Nigerian ipob because you are just going to keep coming up with rubbish after rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by GodFreyinNORSE: 4:55pm On Apr 28, 2018
freeze001:

We have Mi 35M attack helicopter. More deliveries is expected this year.
Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by GodFreyinNORSE: 4:56pm On Apr 28, 2018
400billionman:

You are not making sense
Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by Enice(m): 4:57pm On Apr 28, 2018
GodFreyinNORSE:
The negotiation for this plane started since the last regime. Unfortunately, the GEJ administration couldn't strike a deal with the erstwhile US regime wjo slammed Nigeria Military with Human Abuse. However, Buhari administration continued on the negotiation and has successfully strike a deal. The deal is not just a plane but comes with support, training and maintenance.

Firstly, the market price of the plane cost $10m. That is just the price of a single unit. We have not added the configurations, the cost of training personnels, spare parts, maintenance, bombs and rockets. From what I heard, this plane is coming with thousands of bombs and rockets, this is coming at a cost.

The warplane is not guguru and epa which you buy and simply eat. Nigeria is not technologically buoyant enough to maintain or fabricate spare parts for planes. We do not have the skills of building our own bombs or rockets. We do not have the the talents that can fly warplane without proper trainings from the manufacturer. These are what added to the cost.

Think about it... You want to buy a phone that worth $100 from Aliexpress, this phone can arrive at $200 when we add more more ram, rom, tscard, screen guide, mouse, touch pen, mode of delivery (dhl, fedex and destination), system upgrade and modification of system. This will add more to the initial cost.

So we all need to throw sentiment away and ask questions. The senate are angry because they do not have pay cuts. And Government is paying directly to US Government for the planes without intermediaries unlike what was obtained in previous government.
thanks for this expose educating these lazy dullard yoots.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by deomelllo: 5:05pm On Apr 28, 2018
[s]
SalamRushdie:

If they actually market it as a multi role military aircraft then any military that put it into an interceptor or air superiority role can designate it a fighter jet but that's not for me to call , the basis of my submissions here is to clarify the wrong notion a lot of people have about turbo props and I hope I have corrected that
[/s]

Super Tucano - EMBRAER | Defense & Security.

www.embraerds.com/super_tucano.html

Embraer's Super Tucano - a single-engine, stepped-tandem, multi-purpose military turboprop - delivers both training and operational effectiveness at low acquisition and operating costs. It offers advanced solutions for basic to early advanced and weapons familiarization training, such as in-flight virtual training

Answer my question

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by deomelllo: 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2018
GodFreyinNORSE:

You are not making sense

I saw his silly and senseless argument and quickly left him alone. I know his type

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by SalamRushdie: 5:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

Answer my question

What's the difference between " multi role " and multi purpose ...well I have always said one must have an IQ of 50 and below to be able to support Buhari for whatever reason . SMH
Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by deomelllo: 5:25pm On Apr 28, 2018
[s]
SalamRushdie:

What's the difference between " multi role " and multi purpose ...well I have always said one must have an IQ of 50 and below to be able to support Buhari for whatever reason . SMH
[/s]

I'm not interested in your goal shifting multi role and ignorant and unintelligent ipob rubbish.

Answer my question or keep quiet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by rusher14: 5:52pm On Apr 28, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Busy bought a propeller driven plane more expensive than an SU 29 flanker..SMH

Can you even make the propeller alone?

Mtcheeew!
Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by SalamRushdie: 5:55pm On Apr 28, 2018
rusher14:

Can you even make the propeller alone?

Mtcheeew!

abeg take you 50 IQ away from my mention , go look for your brain grade to play with ..This is genius zone and I have nothing to talk about with you sir
Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by rusher14: 5:57pm On Apr 28, 2018
SalamRushdie:

abeg take you 50 IQ away from my mention , go look for your brain grade to play with ..This is genius zone and I have nothing to talk about with you sir

Genius receiving 25k from Dino to post against his own nation?
grin

Some idiots think highly of themselves.
Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by SalamRushdie: 6:02pm On Apr 28, 2018
rusher14:

Genius receiving 25k from Dino to post against his own nation?
grin

Some idiots think highly of themselves.

I am Genius in reality , in test scores and by all standards so you can go hug a powerline for all I care.

I dont post against my nation but against the evil of the man called Buhari who is the actual enemy of the nation.
Re: Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F by rusher14: 6:06pm On Apr 28, 2018
SalamRushdie:

I am Genius in reality , in test scores and by all standards so you can go hug a powerline for all I care.

I dont post against my nation but against the evil of the man called Buhari who is the actual enemy of the nation.

25K genius.

grin

Go play with sand.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Throwback:See What Obasanjo Said Abt Atiku In His Book 'My Watch' On Pages 31-32 / ELECTION: HONOURABLE OGHENE EGOH WINS HOUSE OF REP PDP AMUWO ODOFIN LAGOS / Video Of Unknown Gunmen Casually Walking On The Streets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.