Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security (45002 Views)

Eid-el Kabir: Police Beef Up Security, Ram Sellers Decry Low Patronage / Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Police Beef Up Security Ahead Of Tomorrow / Matthew Urhoghide & Chikwuka Utazi, Senators Who Moved For Buhari's Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by Upritman(m): 8:05pm On Apr 28, 2018
@Suanu's Blog

The Edo State Police Command has provided additional security at the Benin home of Senator Matthew Urhoghide who moved the motion for the impeachment of President Muhammadu Buhari on the floor of the Senate.

This follows an attack on the embattled Senator by angry supporters of the president who nearly lynched him on arrival at the airport in Benin, the Edo State Capital. This resulted in a clash between supporters of the APC and PDP before the intervention of security agents.

Expressing dismay at the unfortunate humiliation melted on Him, Sen.Urhoghide accused the Chief of Staff to Governor Obaseki, Mr. Taiwo Akerele , as being responsible for the mobilisation of thugs that attacked him.

While threatening to seek legal redress, Sen.Urhoghide however said he does not have any regret for what he said at the floor of the Senate.

According to Him, “They have promised to deal with me. If not for the state Commissioner of Police. I obeyed the Police Commissioner. I remained where I was until the Governor came. We were walking side by side talking when a boy hit my head and the Governor walked away. Before I left Abuja, I knew what was happening and the person responsible for it. I called him to tell him that it was unnecessary but he didn’t pick his calls.

“It would be cowardice for me to abort the journey. I want to see what will happened and they displayed their thuggery, I am not cowed by it. I will represent my constituency and do whatever I want to do. Those who beat the PDP State Youth leader were not arrested but he was arrested

“If this game is not played along the direction that some people want it, then they see you as a deviant. That is what you saw yesterday, asking a riffraff, a boy of no consequence to lay his hands on me, an elected representative of the people, a serving Senator, it is a shame on this country.

“They should realised I am a PDP senator. I am in the opposition, I am not a member of the APC. I am liberty to say anything against the APC government. I am just being objective.

“They had ample time to bring the requests but they didn’t. We could have said more aircraft should be bought. What they have done is rumble jumble. The President has violated the constitution, that is the truth. If anybody is pretending that nothing has been done, the person should go to a mental home. Section 80 has been violated.

“Couldn’t I have spoken? That is what miscreants have misunderstood. I don’t have any regret for what I said. I stand on it. Where did I embarrass the President? Because of selfish interest here and they want to show to the President that everybody could be cowed in Edo.

“This is not a war I want to fight on partisan basis. I have immunity on what I said at the floor of the Senate. I am being crucified outside for what I said during plenary. I am going to report back to the Senate. All the security agencies must see the threat I am subjected to because I performed my duty as a Senator.”

Suanu's Blog gathered that about two police hill vans were stationed outside the Benin home of the Senator while heavily armed policemen were seen outside.

Source: http://www.suanusblog.com/2018/04/police-beefs-up-security-at-home-of.html?m=1

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by NaijaMutant(f): 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2018
grin

Click LIKE to impeach buhari undecided

605 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by CilicMarin: 8:07pm On Apr 28, 2018
This follows an attack on the embattled Senator by angry supporters of the president who nearly lynched him on arrival at the airport in Benin, the Edo State Capital.

Big lesson to those corrupt Northern Senators following that useless Saraki. grin

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by stefanweeks: 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2018
The truth is bitter my dear senator.

You have said the truth and no manner of attacks or intimidation can change that.

238 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by NaijaMutant(f): 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2018
CilicMarin:

Big lesson to those corrupt Northern Senators following that useless Saraki. grin

Click LIKE to give him some sense undecided

295 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by CilicMarin: 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2018

1 Like

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by Roger3D(m): 8:26pm On Apr 28, 2018
Someone should beat some sense into that PDP senator who dared to move the motion for Buhari's impeachment. Buhari can only be pushed out by Nigerians and not through some backdoor arrangement.

16 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by Yeligray(m): 8:28pm On Apr 28, 2018
That man should be impeached before he sinks this country the more

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by Talknochip(m): 8:29pm On Apr 28, 2018
APC wit dia Hopeless and shameless supporters!.... Very ungodly party wit hypnotised,brainwashed,cow manure empty brain fellows!... Common sense suppose tell dem say d man na opposition party im dey.... Stewpid nonsense

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by CilicMarin: 8:29pm On Apr 28, 2018
Roger3D:
Someone should beat some sense into that PDP senator who dared to move the motion for Buhari's impeachment. Buhari can only be pushed out by Nigerians and not through some backdoor arrangement.

The useless man, may not be this lucky next time. Many thanks to the compassionate governor who came to his rescue. grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by Roger3D(m): 8:32pm On Apr 28, 2018
CilicMarin:

The useless man, may not be this lucky next time. Many thanks to the compassionate governor who came to his rescue. grin
Exactly. Dem wan take backdoor commot Buhari. Dem never born dem fathers. Let them try it

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by CilicMarin: 8:34pm On Apr 28, 2018
Roger3D:
Exactly. Dem wan take backdoor commot Buhari. Dem never born dem fathers. Let them try it

Most of their supporters online, are just frustrated Nnamdi Cowunu followers, they are directionless, hate-filled, embittered and brainless.

2019 will finally reset their brains for good.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by Roger3D(m): 8:44pm On Apr 28, 2018
CilicMarin:

Most of their supporters online, are just frustrated Nnamdi Cowunu followers, they are directionless, hate-filled, embittered and brainless.

2019 will finally reset their brains for good.
We dealt mercilessly with CowNu and we will not hesitate to ruthlessly deal with any of his IPOB miscreant supporters if they try nonsense

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by presidential: 8:46pm On Apr 28, 2018
The attack on the Senator is condemnable and outrightly barbaric. He has a right as a representative of his people to support or oppose any cause he deemed fit.

In a growing democracy, we must learn to accommodate all forms of voices and opinions, no matter how we may feel about them.
The tout and their backers who perpetrated this act of embarrassment and assault on a senator of the federal Republic must be brought to quick justice, if this Nation must truly get to the level of development we all want.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by Odegbami1(m): 8:47pm On Apr 28, 2018
BE SINCERE: IF YOU WERE IN THIS SITUATION, WHAT WOULD U DO??��
Laugh laugh laugh ���������������������
A police officer stopped you, entered your car and demanded for your papers and after perusing, he said, "Oga! Your papers don expire.

You begged him but he won't let you go and after wasting an hour of your time, he insist you settle him with 2500. You pleaded that he should take 1,500 cos the exact 2,500 is all you had. But he insisted on the 2,500 or you go to station.

To avoid further delay, you gave him the 2,500 and he alighted from your car.

You zoomed off in anger and just about 5 minutes drive from the scene, a phone rang in your car.

Behold, it was an "iPhone 7" seated gracefully on the passenger seat beside you. You picked the call, lo & behold the harsh policeman said in a very sombre tone:

"Oga, sori wen I sit inside ur car my fone don fall inside your car. Na me, the police man wey arrest you just now. Abeg help me return am".

What will be your response and reaction??����
Comment below and also share to friends and see funny replies ���

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by NwaAmaikpe: 8:48pm On Apr 28, 2018
shocked

He should sleep inside a matchbox.
Before herdsmen come for him from Ovia North.

Now that's a senator I respect in Edo state.
Not Alimikhena the dozing asslicker.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by johnaruson(m): 8:49pm On Apr 28, 2018
Let's hear from Dino Melaye, please. God bless you.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 28, 2018
Another Dino loading

Tomorrow now that senator will be a sponsor of political thug and he will be wanted by EFCC or Army

2 Likes

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by BafanaBafana: 8:51pm On Apr 28, 2018
That's serious
Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by Franchise21(m): 8:51pm On Apr 28, 2018
Hmm
Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by Zinny25(f): 8:52pm On Apr 28, 2018
I don't know why they keep coming for senators who are brave enough to speak the truth

24 Likes

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by anibirelawal(m): 8:52pm On Apr 28, 2018
Well done sir!
Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 28, 2018
The Nigerian Senate can't do shit. They know, they are being caged by their own sin/crime.

1 Like

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by chesterlee(m): 8:54pm On Apr 28, 2018
Buhari has succeded in bastardizing this nation

No matter How Tired or Stressed I am...
Seeing Buhari on TV gives Me Energy to stand up and Turn off the TV

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by MYHUBBY: 8:54pm On Apr 28, 2018
CilicMarin:

my parents have mental problem. angry

we know, don't advertise their insanity online

can you state any reason why you like buhari? is it because he enroll u on npower of 30k?

state any reason why you think buhari should be reelected

touch your heart and beat your conscience that the killing going in Benue can't be stop if the president is serious? where is the IGP he told to relocated to Benue

I don't think any sane person can support buhari with his leadership negligence

anyone that criticize him, is been hunt, are we in military regime

I'm waiting for your reasons lost soul

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by youngRx(m): 8:55pm On Apr 28, 2018
that some people would even raise a hand in support of the president after such a colossal failure wrapped in disaster with a side dish of bad, sends cold shivers down my spine and makes me wonder why the gods would torment me so by having me share the same country with these savages.

and people wonder how PMB will win the comming election. SMH

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 28, 2018
This country sef
Re: Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security by Otono4real(m): 8:57pm On Apr 28, 2018
I just hate that party called APC

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rescheduled Primaries: Uche Nwosu Gets 4,815 Votes. Hope Uzodinma, Zero / High Court Sacks Okezie Ikpeazu From Office / Inside A Boko Haram Refugee Camp In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.