Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

I Pray Nigeria Doesn’t Fight Another Civil War – Gen. Gowon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Pray Nigeria Doesn’t Fight Another Civil War – Gen. Gowon (1159 Views)

Beware Of Another Civil War – Ohanaeze Ndigbo Warns Nigerians / I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai / Is Nigeria In The Brink Of Another Civil War? - Al Jazeera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Pray Nigeria Doesn’t Fight Another Civil War – Gen. Gowon by OnyeOGA(m): 10:21pm On Apr 28, 2018
Former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon has said he prays Nigeria does not go through another Civil War.
The former Head of State expressed regret over the numerous problems facing the country in recent times, especially the widespread security challenges and killings which he described as worrisome.
Gowon, who attended a special prayer summit in Yenagoa, said that he had prayed and hoped at the end of the Nigerian Civil War that the country would not go through that path again.
He spoke with journalists shortly after the special church service in Yenagoa on Sunday.
Gowon, Chairman and convener of Nigeria Prays, said the activities of militant groups, the Boko Haram and the killings perpetrated by the ‘so called Fulani herdsmen’ were of serious concern to the leaders, elders and indeed, the citizens.
He explained that the country’s leaders were having sleepless nights over the acts of brutality and wickedness across the country.
Gowon called on Nigerians to give the requisite support to those in leadership positions in the bid to address the security challenges in the country.
“This is worrisome. When I recall the end of the civil war, I had hoped and prayed that Nigeria would never go through the same experience again.
“This was what I prayed for and you can see how worrying it is.
“All these spate of crises: Is it the militants, is it the Boko Haram, is it the so called Fulani herdsmen?
“All sorts of things that are happening. Man’s inhumanity to man, that is happening through out the length and breath of Nigeria.
“Sadly, it is worrying to all Nigerians, and this is what all of us who are in leadership positions, your governor, and his assistants, as well as all the governors throughout the country.
“All of us who are leaders are concerned about it, and always aim for whatever we can do to put it under control.
“But it is not only the leaders that can do it. They need the press and support of the people so that they can deal with the problem together.
“And this is our prayer; prayer for the everyone in Nigeria and all Nigerians wherever they are. We hope for greater peace than what we have for now,” Gowon said.
http://dailypost.ng/2018/04/23/pray-nigeria-doesnt-fight-another-civil-war-gen-gowon/

cc lalasticlala Seun Obinoscopy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Pray Nigeria Doesn’t Fight Another Civil War – Gen. Gowon by OnyeOGA(m): 10:22pm On Apr 28, 2018
Immhotep lzaa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Pray Nigeria Doesn’t Fight Another Civil War – Gen. Gowon by ubongoton(m): 10:37pm On Apr 28, 2018
we will sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Pray Nigeria Doesn’t Fight Another Civil War – Gen. Gowon by lastmessenger: 10:40pm On Apr 28, 2018
Its obvious that buhari through his body language wants Nigeria to fight another civil war. A president who handed over all the security apparatus to one section of the country definitely has something he wants to achieve. Buhari has an ulterior motive but I can assure you that he will not succeed as the Almighty will give him the abacha treatment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Pray Nigeria Doesn’t Fight Another Civil War – Gen. Gowon by Donpresh95(m): 10:40pm On Apr 28, 2018
Dog. What have we gained since you fought to keep dis experiment as one. If this stupid country was divided then,we would have been far ahead what we have today leaving north behind.

Mumu, How do you think a country built on blood will seize asking for blood.

Anuofia

3 Likes

Re: I Pray Nigeria Doesn’t Fight Another Civil War – Gen. Gowon by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 28, 2018
Pa Gowon, day to talk just break now okwaya

Re: I Pray Nigeria Doesn’t Fight Another Civil War – Gen. Gowon by LZAA: 10:54pm On Apr 28, 2018
OnyeOGA:
Immhotep lzaa
we all know Nigger-Area is a fraud grin
Re: I Pray Nigeria Doesn’t Fight Another Civil War – Gen. Gowon by Roger3D(m): 11:59pm On Apr 28, 2018
If any IPOB miscreants start any trouble, they should be rest assured that they will have another war on their hands. Python dance part 2 unfolding

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Doesn’t Fight Another Civil War – Gen. Gowon by justtoodark: 1:21am On Apr 29, 2018
if it must be....it must be....
Re: I Pray Nigeria Doesn’t Fight Another Civil War – Gen. Gowon by SalamRushdie: 1:49am On Apr 29, 2018
Fulani are already waging a full fledged civil war on the Nigerian state
Re: I Pray Nigeria Doesn’t Fight Another Civil War – Gen. Gowon by gidgiddy: 2:00am On Apr 29, 2018
Gowon should shut up

He caused the civil war by refusing to keep to the agreement he signed in Ghana with Ojukwu

Now he is concerned about civil war? What a misfit

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Doesn’t Fight Another Civil War – Gen. Gowon by omowolewa: 2:01am On Apr 29, 2018
Nigeria is already at war, abi what's defination of war?
Re: I Pray Nigeria Doesn’t Fight Another Civil War – Gen. Gowon by Nobody: 2:56am On Apr 29, 2018
OnyeOGA:
Former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon has said he prays Nigeria does not go through another Civil War.
The former Head of State expressed regret over the numerous problems facing the country in recent times, especially the widespread security challenges and killings which he described as worrisome.
Gowon, who attended a special prayer summit in Yenagoa, said that he had prayed and hoped at the end of the Nigerian Civil War that the country would not go through that path again.
He spoke with journalists shortly after the special church service in Yenagoa on Sunday.
Gowon, Chairman and convener of Nigeria Prays, said the activities of militant groups, the Boko Haram and the killings perpetrated by the ‘so called Fulani herdsmen’ were of serious concern to the leaders, elders and indeed, the citizens.
He explained that the country’s leaders were having sleepless nights over the acts of brutality and wickedness across the country.
Gowon called on Nigerians to give the requisite support to those in leadership positions in the bid to address the security challenges in the country.
“This is worrisome. When I recall the end of the civil war, I had hoped and prayed that Nigeria would never go through the same experience again.
“This was what I prayed for and you can see how worrying it is.
“All these spate of crises: Is it the militants, is it the Boko Haram, is it the so called Fulani herdsmen?
“All sorts of things that are happening. Man’s inhumanity to man, that is happening through out the length and breath of Nigeria.
“Sadly, it is worrying to all Nigerians, and this is what all of us who are in leadership positions, your governor, and his assistants, as well as all the governors throughout the country.
“All of us who are leaders are concerned about it, and always aim for whatever we can do to put it under control.
“But it is not only the leaders that can do it. They need the press and support of the people so that they can deal with the problem together.
“And this is our prayer; prayer for the everyone in Nigeria and all Nigerians wherever they are. We hope for greater peace than what we have for now,” Gowon said.
http://dailypost.ng/2018/04/23/pray-nigeria-doesnt-fight-another-civil-war-gen-gowon/

cc lalasticlala Seun Obinoscopy

The grand patron of sai babarians has spoken LMAO

Lzaa onyeoga Madridguy itsmeaboki Bamoski shallysgirl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Pray Nigeria Doesn’t Fight Another Civil War – Gen. Gowon by mpianya39(m): 5:39am On Apr 29, 2018
Yakubu Gowon must see biafra cool cool

Re: I Pray Nigeria Doesn’t Fight Another Civil War – Gen. Gowon by mpianya39(m): 5:42am On Apr 29, 2018
Roger3D:
If any IPOB miscreants start any trouble, they should be rest assured that they will have another war on their hands. Python dance part 2 unfolding

Na dem skull miners undecided undecided

Re: I Pray Nigeria Doesn’t Fight Another Civil War – Gen. Gowon by adadike(f): 5:56am On Apr 29, 2018
Gowon sir, the war will be fought between your people and your Fulani masters, we go sit down for our corner they look. By the time the Tiv nation and Fulanis are through killing themselves, everyone will disintegrate peacefully.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Doesn’t Fight Another Civil War – Gen. Gowon by AAlozie(m): 6:00am On Apr 29, 2018
It's just a matter of time before the time-bomb which Nigeria sits on explodes. This time, it will be Christians Vs Hausa/Fulani
Re: I Pray Nigeria Doesn’t Fight Another Civil War – Gen. Gowon by ihitenansa: 6:20am On Apr 29, 2018
Roger3D:
Igbos have never been aggressors. shdt u be talking about ur terrorists herdsmen uncles whom gowon in his veiled write up is actually referring to..?

Terrorists dat have massacred over 50,000 nigerians, esp middlebelters within the past 5yrs

(1) (Reply)

PDP: Don’t Deceive Nigerians, Reveal Why Buhari Had ‘technical Stopover’ / Nigerians Go Get Your PVC. / Biafra Genocide Back On The Global News As IPOB Holds Genocide Exhibition Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.