Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp (2954 Views)

I Have 4k Friends On Facebook And If I Post No One See It (pics) / Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) / 5 Cool Things You Can Do On Whatsapp You Probably Didn't Know About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp by satelliteDISH(m): 1:10am On Apr 29, 2018
WHATSAPP users can now request money from other chat app users, thanks to a new feature coming to select markets around the world.

WhatsApp added the ability to transfer money within its chat app last year.
The feature is currently limited to India, one of the biggest markets for the Facebook-owned messaging app.
Until now, the functionality has allowed WhatsApp to wirelessly transfer money within the chat window via a QR code or Unified Payments Interface (UPI) ID.
However, WhatsApp recently started to test an interesting feature to the app – the ability to request money from friends.
Those running the latest beta on Android can test-out the feature now.

Users need to navigate to Settings > Payments > New Payments within the app, then tap the name of the contact who owes you money.

The software will give you a choice between either
Pay Money and Request Money.

Previously, users were only shown the option to send money to another user within the chat app.
Requests for money are only valid within the app for 24 hours, beta testers have reported.

After that time limit the requests simply expire and users will need to send a fresh request.
Users have the ability to accept or reject requests for money received within the app.

WhatsApp users can keep track of these requests by heading to Settings > Payments > Payment Requests.
This shows the status of pending requests. Declined or approved requests are found in the Payment history menu.

The news comes as WhatsApp raised the minimum age requirement to use the service to 16 years-old within the European Union, ahead of the introduction of new EU privacy laws in May.

Previously, the messaging service required users to be at least 13, but from May 25th and with the introduction of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), it will increase for those inside the EU.
The Facebook-owned service will ask users to confirm their age when prompting them to agree to new terms of service on the platform in the coming weeks.

WhatsApp said it was not asking for any new rights to collect personal information as part of the new terms.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/952142/WhatsApp-Request-Money-UK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp by MrRichmond: 1:39am On Apr 29, 2018
Thanks to Zuckerberg, Oloshos now have a new avenue to extort cash from toasters.

Chai!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp by Mutemenot(m): 1:53am On Apr 29, 2018
What type of money are we discussing here ? Who else is as confused as I am? Click like if you 're and share if no

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp by OriginalCEO: 3:10am On Apr 29, 2018
tongue tongue tongue
Mutemenot:
What type of money are we discussing here ? Who else is as confused as I am? Click like if you 're and share if no
Re: You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp by Abjay97(m): 6:45am On Apr 29, 2018
Yahoo Boys over to you

3 Likes

Re: You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp by Ejadike(m): 7:13am On Apr 29, 2018
Just India??
Re: You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp by bishop4life(m): 7:21am On Apr 29, 2018
Nice one. Wechat has been flexing this for years. No time is late.
Re: You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp by Ejadike(m): 7:27am On Apr 29, 2018
I'm seeing just India, or is it accessible for Nigerians too?
Re: You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp by 48noble(m): 7:31am On Apr 29, 2018
who would
Re: You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp by bravesoul247(m): 8:03am On Apr 29, 2018
Ejadike:
I'm seeing just India, or is it accessible for Nigerians too?
thought same too.
Re: You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 29, 2018
Mutemenot:
Na like go make you understand now.... Olodo radarada.

4 Likes

Re: You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp by ikbnice(m): 10:10am On Apr 29, 2018
I see Nigerian oloshos and G guys warming up
Re: You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp by Michelle55: 10:31am On Apr 29, 2018
k
Re: You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp by akum78: 12:00pm On Apr 29, 2018
grin
Re: You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp by Cutehector(m): 12:21pm On Apr 29, 2018
Lol.. I go just disable whatsapp
Re: You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 29, 2018
Once this happens people will be blocking people anyhow.

Me, for example.
Re: You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp by ilevic(m): 10:11pm On Apr 29, 2018
Oh Zuckerberg, wants to be giving us money?
Re: You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp by laribari(m): 10:18pm On Apr 29, 2018
MrRichmond:
Thanks to Zuckerberg, Oloshos now have a new avenue to extort cash from toasters.

Chai!!

Yahoo Boiz nkor? Those lazy youth
Re: You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp by pastormati: 10:49pm On Apr 29, 2018
check out the latest 9ja music click here to check it out http://erikstahl.com/qlAuc//Z5Honzf/765765c6eb0514e210ea328955cdc499

(1) (Reply)

You Can Make Calls Without Buying Airtime. / Could US Be Right About These Phones? / Ghost Touch On My Redmi Note 9s.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.