Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,268 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) (20238 Views)

Verification Of NIN Details / FTS 2020 MOD Apk+OBB+Data with January Transfer, Real face & Kits (Screenshots) / You Can Now Request MONEY From Your Friends On Whatsapp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by TechCapon(m): 6:47am On Aug 30, 2018
TechCapon

Instagram is now rolling out a feature that will let all Instagram users to request for their accounts to verified. A “verified account” is one that has that unique blue checkmark next to the user’s profile, signifying that Instagram has certified the account as the genuine handle of a public figure or, at least a figure “popular” enough to have a bunch of followers on Instagram. Before now, there has been no clear process for getting that small but cherished blue checkmark. And because a lot of people wants the verification so bad, coupled with the lack of transparency about how to get verification, it has led to the emergence of an Instagram verification badge black market where people pay thousands of dollars just to get verified and respected on Instagram. I have already done an article on benefits of getting verified.

Note: if this doesn’t appear for you yet, be patient! Instagram is rolling it out worldwide, so it might take a bit for you to get the feature. You can also try updating your app.

How to request for Instagram verification

Go to your profile and click on the three lines button in the top right corner >> settings >> >> Request verification

Fill out the form and upload your ID card. Your voter’s card, National ID card International passport, driver’s licence or any government issued ID card with your photo will work fine. Please note that It must show your name and date of birth.

After filling out the form, submit it and wait for Instagram to review your request, and look for a notification in your notifications tab. Instagram will deliver a notification verdict — confirm or deny — via a notification. Just because you requested for verification doesn’t mean you will get verified. The blue badge is reserved for celebrities, public figures, global brands, or entities representing the brand. You must be big or popular enough to get verified !

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/everyone-can-now-request-for-instagram-verification-of-account-see-how/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by Hanji(m): 6:55am On Aug 30, 2018
When u knw say it don dey reserved 4 public figure why u cum dey say everybody.

58 Likes

Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by TechCapon(m): 7:12am On Aug 30, 2018
Hanji:
When u knw say it don dey reserved 4 public figure why u cum dey say everybody.
everyone can request. I didn't say everyone can get verified! Besides the verification would lose its value if it becomes for everyone

6 Likes

Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by TDonald: 7:15am On Aug 30, 2018
TechCapon:
everyone can request. I didn't say everyone can get verified! Besides the verification would lose its value if it becomes for everyone

Not everyone can request.....your profile has to be able to reach a large audience to an extent before you get the option

30 Likes

Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by Offpoint: 7:19am On Aug 30, 2018
of what benefits will the verified account be? will one be paid monthly? or just for the fame?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by mrjaydee(m): 7:23am On Aug 30, 2018
After all this.. what next?
Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by TechCapon(m): 7:24am On Aug 30, 2018
TDonald:

Not everyone can request.....your profile has to be able to reach a large audience to an extent before you get the option
The process has now been opened to everyone.

3 Likes

Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by TDonald: 7:25am On Aug 30, 2018
TechCapon:
The process has now been opened to everyone.

That is incorrect

7 Likes

Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by Massdamm(m): 7:30am On Aug 30, 2018
istandwitbuhari
Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by dammieco(m): 7:30am On Aug 30, 2018
NEXT PLEASE!
Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:31am On Aug 30, 2018
reading
Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by qanda: 7:31am On Aug 30, 2018
Ok
Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by Agozie48: 7:31am On Aug 30, 2018
So does being verified add any money to the pocket Or is it just a means to brag

8 Likes

Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by OCTAVO: 7:31am On Aug 30, 2018
Good
Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by okerekeikpo: 7:32am On Aug 30, 2018
Buhari has finished this country

7 Likes

Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by legendary4luv(m): 7:33am On Aug 30, 2018
OK, next? Twitter and Facebook verification
Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by Exponental(m): 7:37am On Aug 30, 2018
Obviously boys are not smiling.
Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by Bambambiglo: 7:39am On Aug 30, 2018
You get verified and so what?

Human beings and their stupidity sef

1 Like

Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by SEONaijaExpert: 7:39am On Aug 30, 2018
I was told that button is a figure head. The process seem more detailed to be verified.
Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by obembet(f): 7:40am On Aug 30, 2018
M
Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by mantosa(m): 7:40am On Aug 30, 2018
Just IPhone users for now.
Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 30, 2018
Celebrities can cry us a river now.
Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 30, 2018
Bambambiglo:
You get verified and so what?

Human beings and their stupidity sef
There really is nothing stupid about it.

8 Likes

Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by Bambambiglo: 7:48am On Aug 30, 2018
Colourich:
There really is nothing stupid about it.

Feel free to enlighten me then.. madam professor
Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 30, 2018
Bambambiglo:

Verifying your Instagram account especially for celebrities makes their account to stand out in the midst of fake accounts created in their names.

3 Likes

Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by kennynelcon(m): 7:50am On Aug 30, 2018
Wow Big loss for people who paid for this
Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by Viking007(m): 7:52am On Aug 30, 2018
TechCapon:
Then this thread is useless as your title is misleading. Instagram only made applications for verification easier for Public figures not everyone.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by fidet1(m): 7:54am On Aug 30, 2018
It's been there for some weeks though...I requested 2 weeks ago....mad people rejected my request say I no be celeb.
Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by hustla(m): 7:54am On Aug 30, 2018
Bambambiglo:

You just want to be ignorant on purpose

Verified status means

- decreased likelihood your account will be cloned
- brands and followers trust you more
- your posts get seen more, preference is given to your content
- the above makes it easy to gain followers, thus bringing more business and money (deals and endorsement)
- posts hold more weight
- brands are more comfortable doing business with you =more money

Learn how social media works.. Tons of money to be made from being a brand influencer

Just go and watch the Rich Kids of social media and you'll understand exactly what I mean. People get paid up to $15,000/picture on IG

3 Likes

Re: Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) by omoadeleye(m): 7:55am On Aug 30, 2018
mrjaydee:
After all this.. what next?

Then you will see a page to fill your account info, so that you can be receiving money for every of your post and likes on Instagram...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please How Can I Trace Phone Number / Samsung Galaxy A32 Vs Samsung Galaxy A52 / 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.