Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (806901 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Sommylove5: 7:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
@tunlex01 please what is my possibility of getting positive assessment from vetasses. I studied estate management and valuation from Nnamdi Azikiwe University. Is a 5years course . I have 5yrs plus working experience as a manager in the firm am working. My wife has done her skill assessment with Aims .so currently she has a positive skill assessment and competent ielts result. I also have proficient ielts result as well. Waiting for my assessment outcome from Vetasses. Falls within 25 to 32 years as well
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
Sommylove5:
@tunlex01 please what is my possibility of getting positive assessment from vetasses. I studied estate management and valuation from Nnamdi Azikiwe University. Is a 5years course . I have 5yrs plus working experience as a manager in the firm am working. My wife has done her skill assessment with Aims .so currently she has a positive skill assessment and competent ielts result. I also have proficient ielts result as well. Waiting for my assessment outcome from Vetasses. Falls within 25 to 32 years as well

You didn't state the occupation you are assessing for or the occupation your spouse assessed for
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by trublu(m): 6:24am On Jan 04, 2020
@tunlex01...top of the day to you
I need insights on Australian migration
I am married with two kids
I have a bsc in accounting 12 yrs and Pgd in business management 6 years...I have been working in a multinational for over 9 years...started as sales rep currently promoted to distribution manager 3 months.
I saw a job for supply and distribution manager on the list.
Please what are my chances. I'm 37 by the way.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 9:50am On Jan 04, 2020
trublu:
@tunlex01...top of the day to you
I need insights on Australian migration
I am married with two kids
I have a bsc in accounting 12 yrs and Pgd in business management 6 years...I have been working in a multinational for over 9 years...started as sales rep currently promoted to distribution manager 3 months.
I saw a job for supply and distribution manager on the list.
Please what are my chances. I'm 37 by the way.
The information provided is not adequate.

The university for the Bsc.

You are only a manager for 3 months so that won't fly. Do you currently report to the MD?

What's your spouse profile?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tundeloves: 10:27am On Jan 04, 2020
Morning everyone. My husband has a masters degree(international relations) in a field entirely different from his present job(maintenance dept,electrical equipments)with over 10years experience.
I'm seeking the advice of the gurus in the house. Should he assess with TRA? if he does, wouldn't he need a qualification to backup? Because he doesn't have any.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by trublu(m): 12:07pm On Jan 04, 2020
tunlex01:

The information provided is not adequate.

The university for the Bsc.

You are only a manager for 3 months so that won't fly. Do you currently report to the MD?

What's your spouse profile?
Let me break it down
I started work in Nov 2010
Promoted to sales development manager 2016
Promoted to area sales manager 2018
Promoted to distributor manager 2019
My Bsc in accounting is 2007
I also have Pgd in business management in 2014
My wife is a federal road safety officer since July last 2019. Hope the information provided is sufficient.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2020
trublu:

Let me break it down
I started work in Nov 2010
Promoted to sales development manager 2016
Promoted to area sales manager 2018
Promoted to distributor manager 2019
My Bsc in accounting is 2007
I also have Pgd in business management in 2014
My wife is a federal road safety officer since July last 2019. Hope the information provided is sufficient.

My first comment was the University you got your Bsc from as well as the question asking if you report directly to your MD
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
tundeloves:
Morning everyone. My husband has a masters degree(international relations) in a field entirely different from his present job(maintenance dept,electrical equipments)with over 10years experience.
I'm seeking the advice of the gurus in the house. Should he assess with TRA? if he does, wouldn't he need a qualification to backup? Because he doesn't have any.
Thanks in anticipation.
Which occupation does he want to assess with TRA?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by trublu(m): 2:09pm On Jan 04, 2020
tunlex01:

My first comment was the University you got your Bsc from as well as the question asking if you report directly to your MD
Lagos State university for the Bsc
Federal university of technology mine PhD
I don't report directly to the MD, it's a massive multinational.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olystic: 5:26pm On Jan 04, 2020
tunlex01:

Sadly, Fitter has moved to special condition on SA list. So you need a minimum of 95 points to get 491 ITA.

Did you just get your assessment result?

You options include:
NSW 190 - with your total point of 65 for 190 visa, it won't get you ITA.
NSW 491 - you need a minimum of 5 years experience
NT 491 - minimum of IELTS 6 in each band
QLD 491 - available too
TAS 491 - at least 3 years experience.

Create EOIs for the ones you meet their requirements and check their respective websites for the nomination process.

What about if someone applied before fitter (general) was movers to special condition will the person still be considered with 75pionts.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by StarMonkey: 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2020
Pls is there anyone that has done the skills assessment for Accountant (with any of the assessing authorities)?

Pls I'll like to know how the assessment was done.
Was there exams?
Preparatory materials?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by trublu(m): 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
trublu:

@tunlex01...still waiting for your response.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mumsjoy: 8:15pm On Jan 04, 2020
StarMonkey:
Pls is there anyone that has done the skills assessment for Accountant (with any of the assessing authorities)?

Was there exams?
Preparatory materials?

Thank you.

Anyluck with the assessing authoruties for accounting pls?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by StarMonkey: 9:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
mumsjoy:

Anyluck with the assessing authoruties for accounting pls?
Hello, I don't understand your question, but CPA is one of the assessing authorities. See the link to their site https://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tundeloves: 11:43pm On Jan 04, 2020
@tunlex01 he wants to assess as automobile electrician or electronic equipment trades worker, these 2 are the closest to what he does at work.
Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:55pm On Jan 04, 2020
trublu:

With this, you can't assess for Supply or Distribution manager as you are required to be reporting to the MD. Also, you don't have a Bachelors degree as LAsu 4 year degrees are not AQF bachelors degree.

You need a Bachelors degree for all sales/marketing related roles
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:57pm On Jan 04, 2020
olystic:

What about if someone applied before fitter (general) was movers to special condition will the person still be considered with 75pionts.

Of course, your ITA is guaranteed with SA
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:59pm On Jan 04, 2020
StarMonkey:

Was there exams?
Preparatory materials?

Thank you.

Check CPA, IPA or CA websites and choose the one to go with. They basically have the same requirements except time lines and maybe fees

You need IELTS Academic or PTE for qualification assessment.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:02am On Jan 05, 2020
tundeloves:
@tunlex01 he wants to assess as automobile electrician or electronic equipment trades worker, these 2 are the closest to what he does at work.
Thanks

Is there a reason why you didn't mention the first degree?
If it's not related, don't bother with TRA. It's compulsory your degree or trade test certificates align with the occupation you are assessing with TRA.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olystic: 12:21am On Jan 05, 2020
tunlex01:

Of course, your ITA is guaranteed with SA

I applied but I am yet to make payment on their portal, should I proceed with the payment or should Just forget it about it.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:51am On Jan 05, 2020
olystic:

I applied but I am yet to make payment on their portal, should I proceed with the payment or should Just forget it about it.

You haven't applied until you pay. Don't bother to make payment if you don't meet the special condition.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by StarMonkey: 1:53am On Jan 05, 2020
tunlex01:

Check CPA, IPA or CA websites and choose the one to go with. They basically have the same requirements except time lines and maybe fees

You need IELTS Academic or PTE for qualification assessment.
Thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by trublu(m): 2:09am On Jan 05, 2020
tunlex01:

With this, you can't assess for Supply or Distribution manager as you are required to be reporting to the MD. Also, you don't have a Bachelors degree as LAsu 4 year degrees are not AQF bachelors degree.

You need a Bachelors degree for all sales/marketing related roles
Thanks bro...what do you suggest based on my profile and qualifications.?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by millykel: 2:26am On Jan 05, 2020
Hello gurus in the house ,Compliment of the season! Please I need help on which region has Agricultural Technician in the occupation list , Visa 190 and 491. I studied Agricultural Engineering Technology and my qualification is HND. Pls ogas apart from IELTS and PTE Academics can OET be used for the English proficiency test
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tundeloves: 3:40am On Jan 05, 2020
@tunlex01, thanks for the response. His first degree is same with his Masters which is international Relations.
We've not been able to find a related occupation to his qualification, that's why I was thinking of assessing with TRA,since is job is related more to this.
Thanks once again.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ihongba: 7:47am On Jan 05, 2020
tunlex01:

Chai, you dashed Vetassess A$880 just like that. Your degree was the main culprit.

You can't assess for a level 1 occupation with an Associate degree especially with Vetassess. You need a Bachelor's degree before doing that.

You can only assess for a level 2 occupation or below.

Good morning guys,

Nice work you guys are doing here.

Please is there anyone that has done his or her assessment with Vetassess as an Architectural draftperson, I want to assess for my wife so I need information please.
@ Tunlex01, bellong and others gurus in the house pls help.

Course :B.Tech Architecture
School: FUTY
Year of graduation :2016
Work experience : 3 years plus
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 8:32am On Jan 05, 2020
trublu:

There is no hope as it is cos all Sales occupations (currently being assessed) are level 1 occupations and require a BSc.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 8:32am On Jan 05, 2020
trublu:

There is no hope as it is cos all Sales occupations (currently being assessed) are level 1 occupations and require a BSc.

Have you tried Canada?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 8:41am On Jan 05, 2020
millykel:

Hello gurus in the house ,Compliment of the season! Please I need help on which region has Agricultural Technician in the occupation list , Visa 190 and 491. I studied Agricultural Engineering Technology and my qualification is HND. Pls ogas apart from IELTS and PTE Academics can OET be used for the English proficiency test

Compliments of the season to you too.

Agricultural Technician is on ROL list and as a result, can only go for 491 visa ONLY.

OET can be used ____At least B for each of the 4 test components​

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/proficient-english

Only NSW is currently nominating your occupation but you need at least 5 years approved experience from Vetassess.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 8:45am On Jan 05, 2020
tundeloves:
@tunlex01, thanks for the response. His first degree is same with his Masters which is international Relations.
We've not been able to find a related occupation to his qualification, that's why I was thinking of assessing with TRA,since is job is related more to this.
Thanks once again.

Please dont limit yourself to Australia. Try Canada.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by nanaman(m): 10:59am On Jan 05, 2020
@tunlex01, kindly guide

B.Sc International Relations (2.1) 2016 (Private University)
PGDE (Credit) 2018 ( College of Education)
Master's in Social Work (Professional) 2019 ( University of Ibadan)
Present date
IELTS.. Not yet
Occupation opting for Community Social Worker or Social Worker

Will it fly?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:39am On Jan 05, 2020
nanaman:
@tunlex01, kindly guide

B.Sc International Relations (2.1) 2016 (Private University)
PGDE (Credit) 2018 ( College of Education)
Master's in Social Work (Professional) 2019 ( University of Ibadan)
Present Job- Social Welfare Officer 2019 till date
IELTS.. Not yet
Occupation opting for Community Social Worker or Social Worker

Will it fly?

I can't say cos I'm not familiar with their respective requirements but their websites are detailed.
AASW - Social worker
There are five Criteria which must all be met for a positive assessment for migration and employment purposes:
Criterion 1: The qualification must be a specific qualification in social work.
Criterion 2: The qualification must be regarded as a professional social work qualification in the country of training.
Criterion 3: The learning outcomes of the professional social work qualification is comparable to the learning outcomes that graduates of AASW accredited social work qualifications must demonstrate.
Criterion 4: At least 980 hours of field education in at least two placements and with two contrasting practice foci, with a requirement that one placement must be in direct practice.
Criterion 5: A high level English language skill (as per the AASW English language policy) is demonstrated.
The AASW reserves the right to ask an applicant to take the Academic IELTS examination if there is uncertainty about their level of English proficiency.
NOTE: The AASW ONLY accepts Academic IELTS.

https://www.aasw.asn.au/careers-study/assessment-of-social-work-qualifications-international-or-australian-for-migration-and-or-employment-purposes

ACWA - Community worker
http://www.acwa.org.au/migration-assessment/guidelines-community-worker

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.