Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (806919 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by nanaman(m): 11:51am On Jan 05, 2020
tunlex01:

I can't say cos I'm not familiar with their respective requirements but their websites are detailed.
AASW - Social worker
There are five Criteria which must all be met for a positive assessment for migration and employment purposes:
Criterion 1: The qualification must be a specific qualification in social work.
Criterion 2: The qualification must be regarded as a professional social work qualification in the country of training.
Criterion 3: The learning outcomes of the professional social work qualification is comparable to the learning outcomes that graduates of AASW accredited social work qualifications must demonstrate.
Criterion 4: At least 980 hours of field education in at least two placements and with two contrasting practice foci, with a requirement that one placement must be in direct practice.
Criterion 5: A high level English language skill (as per the AASW English language policy) is demonstrated.
The AASW reserves the right to ask an applicant to take the Academic IELTS examination if there is uncertainty about their level of English proficiency.
NOTE: The AASW ONLY accepts Academic IELTS.

https://www.aasw.asn.au/careers-study/assessment-of-social-work-qualifications-international-or-australian-for-migration-and-or-employment-purposes

ACWA - Community worker
http://www.acwa.org.au/migration-assessment/guidelines-community-worker

Thank you so much for this especially the IELTS type. Seems I have all the criteria. I'd peruse the site and do the needful. Appreciate bro.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by trublu(m): 11:54am On Jan 05, 2020
tunlex01:

There is no hope as it is cos all Sales occupations (currently being assessed) are level 1 occupations and require a BSc.

Have you tried Canada?
what if I have a MBA in marketing qualifications...and also can I explore the possibility of enrolling for masters for my wife and I in Australia as a means for migrating...thanks for your patience.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:10pm On Jan 05, 2020
trublu:
what if I have a MBA in marketing qualifications...and also can I explore the possibility of enrolling for masters for my wife and I in Australia as a means for migrating...thanks for your patience.

If you have MBA, it would have been better but just to let you know that Vetassess only considers experience after qualification. SO all the experience prior to the MBA will not be recognised.

It's possible to assess with MBA but you will still need at least 1 year experience post qualification experience to assess with Vetassess.

Even though you will get a post study visa if you studied in Australia (depending on the study period), you will get extra point for Australian study requirement but the snag will be not getting a job in a sales role during your post study visa to allow you assess with Vetassess but if you get one, you will be fine.

@bellong can also provide more insight.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by trublu(m): 12:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
tunlex01:

If you have MBA, it would have been better but just to let you know that Vetassess only considers experience after qualification. SO all the experience prior to the MBA will not be recognised.

It's possible to assess with MBA but you will still need at least 1 year experience post qualification experience to assess with Vetassess.

Even though you will get a post study visa if you studied in Australia (depending on the study period), you will get extra point for Australian study requirement but the snag will be not getting a job in a sales role during your post study visa to allow you assess with Vetassess but if you get one, you will be fine.

@bellong can also provide more insight.
God bless you tunlex01...Much appreciated @bellong, please throw more insight on this...I want apply for masters for my wife and I with our 2 sons, what are the chances of using it as a means to migration.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by obainojazz(m): 12:46pm On Jan 05, 2020
trublu:

God bless you tunlex01...Much appreciated @bellong, please throw more insight on this...I want apply for masters for my wife and I with our 2 sons, what are the chances of using it as a means to migration.
As long as its on the skilled list... It's a good start and you'll get more points.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by millykel: 1:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
tunlex01:

Compliments of the season to you too.

Agricultural Technician is on ROL list and as a result, can only go for 491 visa ONLY.

OET can be used ____At least B for each of the 4 test components​

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/proficient-english

Only NSW is currently nominating your occupation but you need at least 5 years approved experience from Vetassess.
Thanks so much for ur prompt reply.
Please Bros,can my one year industrial training experience plus one year Nysc experience plus three years experience all in Agricultural related field and career episodes based on my ND and HND final year projects make up the five years experience.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by itwillendinprai: 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2020
Good day everyone and a Blessed year to us all.

I've been following this thread for quite a while and would like to take a bold step. Please I need some advice/guidance, here's my profile.

I Studied Project Management Technology, FUTO, 2009

Over 5 years building/construction experience, but salary was paid in cash.
Hubby studied Banking and finance with over 7years experience, his salary is also being paid in cash.
We're both within age brackets of 35 to 37. None of us have written IELTS but I plan to register soon, and hopefully smash it(by God's Grace)

Now, here's the issue, hubby wants me to be the principal applicant as he dosnt have interest in the migration thing and may not really do so well in the IELTS exam. I'd like to go for program/Project administrator, what are our chances please.
@bellong
@tunlex01
@anyone who can guide me please�
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by blackbriar: 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2020
please my question is regard Police certificate

while checking the process for the 189 visa, it states to gather documents after submiting EOI
so i was hoping on applying for the police certificate document but however on getting to the police website ; it states and i quote
" you need to provide a document that confirms your neccesity of the police certificate ; for example , a letter from the authority stating the requirement to submit it"

how do i go about this please?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ihongba: 3:38pm On Jan 05, 2020
Good morning guys,

Nice work you guys are doing here.

Please is there anyone that has done his or her assessment with Vetassess as an Architectural draftperson, I want to assess for my wife so I need information please.
@ Tunlex01, bellong and others gurus in the house pls help.

Course :B.Tech Architecture
School: FUTY
Year of graduation :2016
Work experience : 3 years plus
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by lusco(f): 7:56pm On Jan 05, 2020
@tunlex01 and @bellong help a sister
Happy new year n tanks for all u are doing here.

Am a graduate of mass communication from Madonna university 4years course

Worked as a customer care rep for 1year

Sales/ marketing rep for 8years in a real estate firm and married. Currently sales/unit manger. I intend moving with my spouse n he is not a graduate.

Wat are my chances n do u think I can apply for sales or marketing even when my degree is not related. Or wat are ur tot.....tanks... Pls reply me
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by kooolkunlex: 10:14pm On Jan 05, 2020
I salute you all. Keep up the good work. Please question is know my chances of getting a possible PR.
I’m a graduate of industrial chemistry from Covenant University, with 5 relevant working experience, working as a scientific officer at state civil service. I am 30years old and I am single. IELTS 6.5 (6,6,7.5,7). Gurus in the house please help a brother.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:47am On Jan 06, 2020
millykel:

Thanks so much for ur prompt reply.
Please Bros,can my one year industrial training experience plus one year Nysc experience plus three years experience all in Agricultural related field and career episodes based on my ND and HND final year projects make up the five years experience.
Industrial training - No
NYSC - Yes
3 years experience in Agricultural technician role only.
You don't need career episodes for Vetassess. Vetassess will also deduct at least 1 year from your submotted years of experience.

Positive assessment is the most important, other states may be open when you have your assessment and English test result.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:54am On Jan 06, 2020
itwillendinprai:
Good day everyone and a Blessed year to us all.

I've been following this thread for quite a while and would like to take a bold step. Please I need some advice/guidance, here's my profile.

I Studied Project Management Technology, FUTO, 2009

Over 5 years building/construction experience, but salary was paid in cash.
Hubby studied Banking and finance with over 7years experience, his salary is also being paid in cash.
We're both within age brackets of 35 to 37. None of us have written IELTS but I plan to register soon, and hopefully smash it(by God's Grace)

Now, here's the issue, hubby wants me to be the principal applicant as he dosnt have interest in the migration thing and may not really do so well in the IELTS exam. I'd like to go for program/Project administrator, what are our chances please.
@bellong
@tunlex01
@anyone who can guide me please�

Was tax or pension paid? Do you both have payslip?
What's your hubby 7 years experience in? You will need his score and if possible assessment to get a very good score. He may even be better off the PA than you.

As it is with the new point system, married folks need to work together (competent English and positive assessment) to have a cometitive edge with the singles who have an automatic 10 points. So your spouse needs to be interested to help you push through.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:56am On Jan 06, 2020
blackbriar:
please my question is regard Police certificate

while checking the process for the 189 visa, it states to gather documents after submiting EOI
so i was hoping on applying for the police certificate document but however on getting to the police website ; it states and i quote
" you need to provide a document that confirms your neccesity of the police certificate ; for example , a letter from the authority stating the requirement to submit it"

how do i go about this please?

Have you gotten 189 or any ITA at all?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:59am On Jan 06, 2020
ihongba:

Good morning guys,

Please is there anyone that has done his or her assessment with Vetassess as an Architectural draftperson, I want to assess for my wife so I need information please.
@ Tunlex01, bellong and others gurus in the house pls help.

Course :B.Tech Architecture
School: FUTY
Year of graduation :2016
Work experience : 3 years plus
None that I know of.

You should visit Vetassess website and read all the requirements for Architectural draftsperson.
Thereafter, visit seek.com.au or indeed.com.au as well as Vetassess to check the job descriptions of an Architectural draftsperson role. Use those to put together your job description and assess thereafter.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:02am On Jan 06, 2020
lusco:
@tunlex01 and @bellong help a sister
Happy new year n tanks for all u are doing here.

Am a graduate of mass communication from Madonna university 4years course

Worked as a customer care rep for 1year

Sales/ marketing rep for 8years in a real estate firm and married. Currently sales/unit manger. I intend moving with my spouse n he is not a graduate.

Wat are my chances n do u think I can apply for sales or marketing even when my degree is not related. Or wat are ur tot.....tanks... Pls reply me
Apart from the degree, the University too won't help cos sales/marketing roles require Bachelors degree which Madonna Mass comm degree is not equivalent.
So I'd advise you process student visa, Canada or Australia.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:05am On Jan 06, 2020
kooolkunlex:
I salute you all. Keep up the good work. Please question is know my chances of getting a possible PR.
I’m a graduate of industrial chemistry from Covenant University, with 5 relevant working experience, working as a scientific officer at state civil service. I am 30years old and I am single. IELTS 6.5 (6,6,7.5,7). Gurus in the house please help a brother.

I don't know what a scientific officer does, so I'd push you to visit Www.anzscosearch.com to check the occupation list to see the occupation you can nominate.

Click the Hamburger sign and select 'List'
Go through the 3 lists MLTSSL, STSOL and ROL
Click any of the occupations that best relate to what you do.
When you click the occupation, scroll down to 'Anzsco code' and scroll to 'Tasks'
Check if the tasks relate to the occupation you have selected.
Revert here with occupation(s) you deem relate to what you do and we will take it up from there
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ihongba: 1:17am On Jan 06, 2020
tunlex01:

None that I know of.

You should visit Vetassess website and read all the requirements for Architectural draftsperson.
Thereafter, visit seek.com.au or indeed.com.au as well as Vetassess to check the job descriptions of an Architectural draftsperson role. Use those to put together your job description and assess thereafter.

Thank you so much Tunlex01.

God continue to bless you and everyone on this platform.

Regards
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by blackbriar: 1:54am On Jan 06, 2020
tunlex01:

Have you gotten 189 or any ITA at all?

Not yet
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:02am On Jan 06, 2020
blackbriar:

Not yet
You don't need police report until after you have gotten ITA and about to pay ofr visa. You can even upload it weeks or months after visa application.

I guess you have your assessment, English test result ready and have applied for nomination.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 2:36am On Jan 06, 2020
trublu:

What is your wife's occupation?

What are you intending to study?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 2:46am On Jan 06, 2020
kooolkunlex:

How many years of study is your degree? If it is a 4 year course, you may likely not get a positive assessment because all the possible occupation you can assess are Skill level 1. However, if you assess as a chemistry technician, you may likely get a positive assessment.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 2:52am On Jan 06, 2020
@itwillendinprai,

Check Construction project manager or Project Administrator to see what aligns better with your experience.

I want to believe your course was 5 years so you shouldn't have issue with qualification assessment.

Your company can swear an affidavit that you are paid in cash and you should provide tax certificate as evidence that tax was paid.

Read through the thread for further information.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 2:58am On Jan 06, 2020
ihongba:

Good morning guys,

Contact @abby2443
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by beatmonster(m): 3:19am On Jan 06, 2020
Good morning beautiful people in the house. I checked the pr points calculator and I saw additional 10 points for STEM graduate and another additional 10points for singles. Does it mean that single and STEM graduate now have higher chances?

After selecting the option I got 85 points. Can 85points give me nomination?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by lusco(f): 5:16am On Jan 06, 2020
OK...tanks @Tunlex01but please which course do u advise for My MSc considering my first degree n experience n secondly course that will give me a better chance of qualication. Tanks as I await ur quick response.
Tanks again.
tunlex01:

Apart from the degree, the University too won't help cos sales/marketing roles require Bachelors degree which Madonna Mass comm degree is not equivalent.
So I'd advise you process student visa, Canada or Australia.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by blackbriar: 6:29am On Jan 06, 2020
tunlex01:

You don't need police report until after you have gotten ITA and about to pay ofr visa. You can even upload it weeks or months after visa application.

I guess you have your assessment, English test result ready and have applied for nomination.

yes i have done all that except nominatin, targeting 189 visa
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 9:08am On Jan 06, 2020
beatmonster:
Good morning beautiful people in the house. I checked the pr points calculator and I saw additional 10 points for STEM graduate and another additional 10points for singles. Does it mean that single and STEM graduate now have higher chances?

After selecting the option I got 85 points. Can 85points give me nomination?

STEM points is for applicants who studied in STEM courses in Australia.

Singles get 10 points automatically. It depends on other circumstances. If your spouse has competent English and a positive assessment, you also get the 10 points too.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 9:11am On Jan 06, 2020
lusco:
OK...tanks @Tunlex01but please which course do u advise for My MSc considering my first degree n experience n secondly course that will give me a better chance of qualication. Tanks as I await ur quick response.
Tanks again.

I'm not vast in that aspect. You can ask on the Australian and Canada student visa threads.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 9:12am On Jan 06, 2020
blackbriar:

yes i have done all that except nominatin, targeting 189 visa
Good...what's your points now? is it above 90?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by beatmonster(m): 9:45am On Jan 06, 2020
tunlex01:

STEM points is for applicants who studied in STEM courses in Australia.

Singles get 10 points automatically. It depends on other circumstances. If your spouse has competent English and a positive assessment, you also get the 10 points too.

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate

Pls under additional point on this page https://myimmitracker.com/en/au/points SC491 has 15 points and SC190 has 5pts can you throw more light on this sir
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:09am On Jan 06, 2020
beatmonster:

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate

Pls under additional point on this page https://myimmitracker.com/en/au/points SC491 has 15 points and SC190 has 5pts can you throw more light on this sir

The minimum score for ITA is 65, however states and DHA have different requirements for each occupation. While some occupations will get ITA with 65 points, some occupations would need over 85 or 90 to get ITA either from the state or the federal (DHA).

If you are applying for a 491 nomination, you will get 15 points in addition to your calculated points while 190 applicants with a successful nomination gets 5 points.

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.