Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (807038 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 3:15am On Jun 06, 2018
ANY MEDICAL RADIOGRAPHER CURRENTLY WORKING IN AUSTRALIA, PLEASE CAN WE CHAT PRIVATELY..

I WANT TO KNOW THE PROCEDURE, ON HOW TO PRACTICE IN AUSTRALIA..
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by junebaby: 5:05am On Jun 06, 2018
Good morning all, a friend needs advice on EOR for ielts.
Have a score of 9887. I adviced he should consider a remark for the writing. My questions:
1) can the remark ever turn to lower scores?
2) can the remark jump up to 8?

Thanks in adv
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by steph6: 5:22am On Jun 06, 2018
If u mean my bsc degree it was a 4year degree..would it be a problem?
bellong:

I hope your course is a five year program?

Provided you are able to supply evidence of being paid, you can use the nysc year.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by chebyshev(m): 9:00am On Jun 06, 2018
@bellong and other gurus in the house. Please I need your candid advise as per my friends cases.

The profile of the first reads: age is 34, Bsc Chemical Engineering, 2 years work experience as a sales consultant with Phillips consulting and 6 years work experience as trade marketing consultant for MTN. Her husband studied Electrical Engineering and he is into business. I advised her not to nominate Chemical Engineering as the highest point she can score is 65 point, that is with partners score included. Please what occupation can she nominate based on her profile.

As for the second, He is also a Chemical Engineer. He is 32 years old presently but will turn 33 by October this year. He has approximately 4 verifiable years of work experience as a logistics officer in a transport company but does not have any verifiable work experience in engineering. His wife is a Chemist and she just concluded her NYSC. The highest point he can get is 65 point if he nominate Chemical Engineer without point from partner, and only if he is able to complete assessment and get ITA before October this year. His first question is can his partner add to his point because he is afraid that their occupation is not in the same occupational list or something like that? Can he nominate logistics? If he can, which will fetch more point between logistics and Chemical Engineer.

Please I need your urgent response

Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Gaijin2018(m): 12:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
chebyshev:
@bellong and other gurus in the house. Please I need your candid advise as per my friends cases.

The profile of the first reads: age is 34, Bsc Chemical Engineering, 2 years work experience as a sales consultant with Phillips consulting and 6 years work experience as trade marketing consultant for MTN. Her husband studied Electrical Engineering and he is into business. I advised her not to nominate Chemical Engineering as the highest point she can score is 65 point, that is with partners score included. Please what occupation can she nominate based on her profile.

As for the second, He is also a Chemical Engineer. He is 32 years old presently but will turn 33 by October this year. He has approximately 4 verifiable years of work experience as a logistics officer in a transport company but does not have any verifiable work experience in engineering. His wife is a Chemist and she just concluded her NYSC. The highest point he can get is 65 point if he nominate Chemical Engineer without point from partner, and only if he is able to complete assessment and get ITA before October this year. His first question is can his partner add to his point because he is afraid that their occupation is not in the same occupational list or something like that? Can he nominate logistics? If he can, which will fetch more point between logistics and Chemical Engineer.

Thanks

First of all, l really think your friends need to join the thread themselves and read up from the beginning if they're serious about immigrating. Secondly, l can't remember seeing Logistics in the eligible occupation list. Still a newbie here though. I'm sure the old hands will give you more info.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Joyce2020: 12:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
Please Accountants in the house ,what chance do I have of being evaluated positively with only a bsc degree from a state university without any certification from ACCA or Ican?

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 12:54pm On Jun 06, 2018
Hello house, is there anyway someone can obtain the yellow fever vaccine card and polio, other than from port health?.

Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mamajaz(f): 1:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
chebyshev:

Thanks
Where have you been bro? How far with your migration, I've tried hard to remember this moniker and ask what's cooking.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Godisgracious: 1:43pm On Jun 06, 2018
@ Bellong, mamajaz and all the gurus in the house, please don't jump my post. Here is my profile:

Bsc accounting Unn
Married
worked as an accountant in a company ie one man business, for 5yrs and in a bank as Customer service rep for 2yrs
Please can only my bsc fly and also how do I claim points for customer service experience.
I don't have Ican or acca.
And below is my husband profile
Bsc accounting unn
Over 10yrs worked experience as sales rep
Nysc 1yr accountant
Please help a sister
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by flgd: 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2018
Hello house,

Can a physics BSC graduate apply for this?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bornlegend: 2:54pm On Jun 06, 2018
jayooh:
Hello house, is there anyway someone can obtain the yellow fever vaccine card and polio, other than from port health?.

Thanks
Yes. For Lagos residents, during medicals at Fatayi Williams Clinic

8A Adetokunbo Ademola Street,

Victoria Island,

Lagos.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by odundimple: 5:21pm On Jun 06, 2018
Hello house, I need help with PTE materials, I have written IELTS before and had 10points, I want to work towards upgrading to 20points, so the need for PTE exam, pls who can help?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Joyce2020: 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
Questions are hardly answered on this thread even when they can't be found on page 0. sad
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 06, 2018
junebaby:
Have a score of 9887. I adviced he should consider a remark for the writing. My questions:

Thanks in adv

1. No it can't.
2. Yes it can.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 06, 2018
chebyshev:

Thanks

For case one seems it will be best if she assesses as an engineer without experience.
Her experiences isn't on any sol skill list.
She can check of any start is sponsoring it but that may limit her chances compared to engineering.

If she nominates chemical engineering plus partners point she can apply for 190 or 489.

2.Is logistics on 189 or is any state sponsoring it?
If no chemical engineering is his best choice plus he can always go for 190 and 489.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
Joyce2020:
Questions are hardly answered on this thread even when they can't be found on page 0. sad

I understand how you feel but Patience is a virtue on this journey smiley

Some people may not answer because they ain't knowledgeable in the field you are assessing whilst some are actually busy.

I'm sure when they are free and come online they'll answer.

Remember you need a truck load of patience on this journey.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2018
odundimple:
Pls house, For someone planning to assess with ACS, do they accept career episodes based on experience from IT/SIWES period, school projects? If Yes, are there samples anyone can share with me. Pls help a sister here. Thanks

Do you want to assess via RPL?
What did you study?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Joyce2020: 10:25pm On Jun 06, 2018
OK thank you. I pray I get answers soon. I am trying to send my documents to CAANZ for accounting assessment and one of the documents required is a copy of my syllabus for each course . pls did anyone send something like this ?

wapu:

I understand how you feel but Patience is a virtue on this journey smiley

Some people may not answer because they ain't knowledgeable in the field you are assessing whilst some are actually busy.

I'm sure when they are free and come online they'll answer.

Remember you need a truck load of patience on this journey.

Cheers.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by flgd: 5:27am On Jun 07, 2018
flgd:
Hello house,

Can a physics BSC graduate apply for this?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by toslad: 5:45am On Jun 07, 2018
Good morning @joyce2020, we all (accountants) had to send syllabuses of our degree studies to CAANZ.

Joyce2020:
OK thank you. I pray I get answers soon. I am trying to send my documents to CAANZ for accounting assessment and one of the documents required is a copy of my syllabus for each course . pls did anyone send something like this ?

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by toslad: 6:01am On Jun 07, 2018
Hello Godisgracious,

I feel you should be the principal applicant though you can also get points from partners' assessment since both of you are accountants.

You can use your 5 years experience from your previous employer if you can get reference letter or get a statutory declaration of employment. Your bsc alone should fly if your syllabus covers all required areas. Please check the CAANZ or CPA sites. I assessed with CAANZ.

[quote author=Godisgracious post=68232425]@ Bellong, mamajaz and all the gurus in the house, please don't jump my post. Here is my profile:

Bsc accounting Unn
Married
worked as an accountant in a company ie one man business, for 5yrs and in a bank as Customer service rl

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by toslad: 6:06am On Jun 07, 2018
Your chances are 'high' if your syllabus covered the required areas by the assessing bodies. Please go to their site and check if the courses you studied are in sync with what they required.

I know people without ICAN or ACCA who got positive assessment outcomes but I recently read of someone who got negative. So please go through the sites - CAANZ, CPA or IPA thoroughly.

Joyce2020:
Please Accountants in the house ,what chance do I have of being evaluated positively with only a bsc degree from a state university without any certification from ACCA or Ican?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Joyce2020: 6:28am On Jun 07, 2018
Thanks for you response @toslad. By positive assessment do mean the equivalent of an Australian bachelors degree? Because I saw on caanz website that the minimum qualification to get a work assessment is to have the equivalent of an Australian bachelors degree. So what I really want to know is if a degree from a state university can be assessed as equivalent of an Australian degree.

toslad:
Your chances are 'high' if your syllabus covered the required areas by the assessing bodies. Please go to their site and check if the courses you studied are in sync with what they required.

I know people without ICAN or ACCA who got positive assessment outcomes but I recently read of someone who got negative. So please go through the sites - CAANZ, CPA or IPA thoroughly.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by chebyshev(m): 8:42am On Jun 07, 2018
mamajaz:

Where have you been bro? How far with your migration, I've tried hard to remember this moniker and ask what's cooking.

Hello mamajaz. Like I told you, I lost my job, so I am having a challenge financing my migration to Australia. I still need to write PTE or IELTS to increase my point. But, my financial situation is getting better gradually by God's grace so I am currently working on it.

@ Wapu, it is only NSW that is nominating Chemical Engineer for 189. I have not seen any other region or state nominating the occupation for 489 or 189.If you know of any please kindly inform me about this.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Godisgracious: 10:03am On Jun 07, 2018
Thank you very much.

toslad:
Hello Godisgracious,

I feel you should be the principal applicant though you can also get points from partners' assessment since both of you are accountants.

You can use your 5 years experience from your previous employer if you can get reference letter or get a statutory declaration of employment. Your bsc alone should fly if your syllabus covers all required areas. Please check the CAANZ or CPA sites. I assessed with CAANZ.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by piusford: 10:19am On Jun 07, 2018
You need to read the first few pages of this thread. The Radio guys I know don't come on this thread again.

Your need to write IELTS Academic and score 7 bands and above in each module.
get your transcript and visit ASMIRT site to checkout the required documents and then apply for assessment.
After you get your assessment, you can apply for visa if you have accumulated more than 60 points.
Or you can approach states for nomination. The last time i checked, there are many states nominating Medical Radiographers.

Key: 7 in each module of IELTS.

OBYNOWEST12:
ANY MEDICAL RADIOGRAPHER CURRENTLY WORKING IN AUSTRALIA, PLEASE CAN WE CHAT PRIVATELY..

I WANT TO KNOW THE PROCEDURE, ON HOW TO PRACTICE IN AUSTRALIA..

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by piusford: 10:23am On Jun 07, 2018
Let your friend go ahead with the remark. Points won't go down .
You will get your money back if it increased.
My own was increased by 1 mark after 11 weeks of waiting game.

junebaby:

Thanks in adv

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by odundimple: 11:19am On Jun 07, 2018
wapu:

Do you want to assess via RPL?
What did you study?
I really don't know about RPL, which link can I read that up on? I only know of ACS which is to body that assesses ICT business Analyst.
I studied computer science with Economics from OAU
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by oladeleadebayo1: 11:21am On Jun 07, 2018
Hello house, Pls what are the documents that I will be needing to apply for Australia states/provinces nomination for skill worker and the procedure to go about the applications.I will really appreciate it if I can have the links to the nominating states/provinces websites. Thanks very much.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by odundimple: 11:25am On Jun 07, 2018
odundimple:
Hello house, I need help with PTE materials, I have written IELTS before and had 10points, I want to work towards upgrading to 20points, so the need for PTE exam, pls who can help?
Pls don't forget me here ooo,pls someone help a sister here oooo
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Rapture07: 11:55am On Jun 07, 2018
oladeleadebayo1:
Hello house, Pls what are the documents that I will be needing to apply for Australia states/provinces nomination for skill worker and the procedure to go about the applications.I will really appreciate it if I can have the links to the nominating states/provinces websites. Thanks very much.

Read from page 0
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by inno4u: 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2018
@BADNEAT, blackbriar, Akachukwu123,Tlontin, pdlibra

Please I need a sample of CDR, I intend assessing with EA as a Civil Engineer.
I will appreciate Anyone response, Thank you all for the great JOB you guys are doing here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.