Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. (29421 Views)

Have You Seen This Innoson IVM 6857 Bus Before? (photos) / Design And Features Of The IVM G40 Presented To Mercy, Winner Of BBNaija / Innoson Releases Luxury IVM G80 And G40 SUV (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Sunymoore(m): 8:46am On Apr 30, 2018
So your boy wanted to hit Damaturu, Yobe State capital, yesterday.. I went to the park and I was shown where the vehicles going to Damaturu were.. Two vehicles were parked, a Sharon and 'Hiace hummer'. The Sharon guy was trying to convince me that, Sharon is fast, fills up quickly and balanced and Hiace guy told me the huge bags I carried along will not be charged, if I board his car. So naturally, I hopped into the Hiace and save #500..
The journey began and it was so smooth.. I looked into the car and saw balanced sit, balanced leg space and decent interior, I said to my self, Toyota really upgraded, 'may be na 2017 model we dey drive sef'.. I determined the speed of the vehicle using GPS and it was within 120-140 KM/H, what prompted me to check the speed was how we were busy dusting similar vehicles and even one Lexus Lx 450 ..
Overall, the car was stable, and the journey was smooth.. After hitting the state capital, I signaled the driver to drop me, which he did, when I was about getting my stuff from the vehicle, I saw IVM and made in Nigeria tag on car.. I was so amaze and felt proud as a black man.. I then got my stuffs and took my way..

Nigeria with 80Giga watts will surely see industrialization in our life time.

Favourable economic policies will encourage the likes IVM to triumph

Buy Naija to grow naija.. Enough said..

This should be the first.. Elect good leaders people...

360 Likes 21 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by dangermouse(m): 9:21am On Apr 30, 2018
True talk bro, my cousin drives one of the IVM vehicles. Was in Abuja and had to borrow his vehicle and men,I felt like discarding my present car after the smooth and enjoyable drive. It's a brand being embraced by Nigerians and beyond.

178 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Sunymoore(m): 9:53am On Apr 30, 2018
dangermouse:
True talk bro, my cousin drives one of the IVM vehicles. Was in Abuja and had to borrow his vehicle and men,I felt like discarding my present car after the smooth and enjoyable drive. It's a brand being embraced by Nigerians and beyond.
You can say that again bro.. I can't believe how smooth the ride was... Hopefully, one day, IVM will be the new Honda and Toyota in Nigeria..

155 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 30, 2018
dangermouse:

Tell me, what brand is your present car? I sure say e no go pass kia rio or elantra or any of those useless japanese bicycles. Dem no born you well make you discard your present car for IVM if na Bmw, Benz or Audi you dey drive.

The only way I can use my money to buy IVM is if the company will dash me €3Million along with the useless car. I'm sorry, but it's called "choice" bro!

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 01, 2018
Akathriel:

Tell me, what brand is your present car? I sure say e no go pass kia rio or elantra or any of those useless japanese bicycles. Dem no born you well make you discard your present car for IVM if na Bmw, Benz or Audi you dey drive.

The only way I can use my money to buy IVM is if the company will dash me €3Million along with the useless car. I'm sorry, but it's called "choice" bro!

Even if na KIA or hyundai, they were established in the 50's and are in the league of world players. IVM started not long ago and its performance thrilled the op,

Your opinion on IVM is inconsequential.

Where is Lalasticlala sef?

323 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by deathwing(m): 2:24pm On May 01, 2018
HIan. Better calm down.

Akathriel:

31 Likes

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by dangermouse(m): 3:27pm On May 01, 2018
Akathriel:

Whatever,it all boils down to choices.
What if I tell you it's one of those brands you mentioned above?
For me comfort comes above brand when iti comes to making a choice of cars.
IVM rocks wether you like it or not and there vehicles can compete very well with the brands you mentioned above.

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by sultaan(m): 8:48pm On May 01, 2018
Mod , abeg ban OP.

He broke the rules, this thread should be in the fiction and literature section, not cartalk this kind post is acceptable in romance section self .

Doing 90mph on Nigerian road is suicidal imho

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Readonee35L(m): 9:29pm On May 01, 2018
sultaan:
Mod , abeg ban OP.

He broke the rules, this thread should be in the fiction and literature section, not cartalk this kind post is acceptable in romance section self .

I guess you've not been in nigeria for a long time.
But 90mph is not a biggie in nigeria. There are places with good roads .
Nigeria is not as bad as it seems. Irrespective of the news you read on the internet.

56 Likes

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Sunymoore(m): 10:28am On May 02, 2018
sultaan:
Mod , abeg ban OP.

Da fuk you're saying? Just because where you reside is covered with death traps doesn't mean everywhere in Nigeria is the same..
FYI, Kano to Damaturu federal road is dual lane express road, so smooth you can actually do 200KM/H on...

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by diportivo: 11:40am On May 02, 2018
I don't understand what exactly this thread is supposed to portray undecided

the dude that's talking abt an IBM being smoother than his is funny tho.......a new car with new suspension parts can't be compared with it toks car that have seen beta days grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 02, 2018
iAudio:

Even if na KIA or hyundai, they were established in the 50's and are in the league of world players. IVM started not long ago and its performance thrilled the op,

Your opinion on IVM is inconsequential.

Where is Lalasticlala sef?
make una no dey use age compare,its not a solid table you can stand upon because when the shakers come,you might fall off.
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 02, 2018
dangermouse:

Whatever,it all boils down to choices.
What if I tell you it's one of those brands you mentioned above?
For me comfort comes above brand when iti comes to making a choice of cars.
IVM rocks wether you like it or not and there vehicles can compete very well with the brands you mentioned above.
compete........ everyone can compete but will you call it competition when Mercedes benz already offer adaptive suspension and other advanced technology and IVM cant?? Or will you call it competition when you have a much more superior build My brother have a rethink......the big three are not just vehicles,they are legends in the industry.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by dangermouse(m): 7:34pm On May 02, 2018
SAVEDBABA:
compete........ everyone can compete but will you call it competition when Mercedes benz already offer adaptive suspension and other advanced technology and IVM cant?? Or will you call it competition when you have a much more superior build My brother have a rethink......the big three are not just vehicles,they are legends in the industry.

The problem is am sure you have not really seen an IVM,talk more of haven driven one.
All Car manufacturers adapts to all these you noted above including IVM.
When it comes to cars,you have the liberty of choosing your specs and going for it and of course budget also comes into play.
Coming to your so called big three, I wonder why they are not even among the five highest selling brands world wide?
Do the research and maybe you will get to know that nobody cares for brands anymore. It's all about specs and budgets and IVM would go places as they seem to have keyed in on it.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Sunymoore(m): 9:23am On May 03, 2018
diportivo:

the dude that's talking abt an IBM being smoother than his is funny tho.......a new car with new suspension parts can't be compared with it toks car that have seen beta days grin
This thread is trying to portray the goodness of Nigeria owned assembled car..

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by dangermouse(m): 11:08pm On May 07, 2018
diportivo:

the dude that's talking abt an IVM being smoother than his is funny tho.......a new car with new suspension parts can't be compared with it toks car that have seen beta days grin

Don't see what's funny here. It's my car ,I drive it and I know what am talking about. My car I bought brand new,a 2003 model,and in very good repair, but my cousins IVM sport utility vehicle rocks better...

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by hisgrace090: 7:24am On May 08, 2018
dangermouse:

The problem is am sure you have not really seen an IVM,talk more of haven driven one.
All Car manufacturers adapts to all these you noted above including IVM.
When it comes to cars,you have the liberty of choosing your specs and going for it and of course budget also comes into play.
Coming to your so called big three, I wonder why they are not even among the five highest selling brands world wide?
Do the research and maybe you will get to know that nobody cares for brands anymore. It's all about specs and budgets and IVM would go places as they seem to have keyed in on it.

All inoson motor I have seen are with body as lite as paper tgwir peoduct is too inferioe. let them improve their quality first.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by diportivo: 7:35am On May 08, 2018
dangermouse:

Don't see what's funny here. It's my car ,I drive it and I know what am talking about. My car I bought brand new,a 2003 model,and in very good repair, but my cousins IVM sport utility vehicle rocks better...

a 15 year old car will never perform on the same level with a 2-3 year old car

even if you have been replacing defective parts with OEM new parts since you bought it,the regular wear and tear will have taken its toll

the same car,compared to its American/European counterparts bought the same year won't still measure up

I'm not arguing with u,heck,I don't even own a car,but claiming a car used in Nigeria for 14 years and more shld be compared to one bought new for less than 2 years is very funny

10 Likes

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Nobody: 8:50am On May 08, 2018
Sunymoore:
So your boy wanted to hit Damaturu, Yobe State capital, yesterday.. I went to the park and I was shown where the vehicles going to Damaturu were.. Two vehicles were parked, a Sharon and 'Hiace hummer'. The Sharon guy was trying to convince me that, Sharon is fast, fills up quickly and balanced and Hiace guy told me the huge bags I carried along will not be charged, if I board his car. So naturally, I hopped into the Hiace and save #500..
The journey began and it was so smooth.. I looked into the car and saw balanced sit, balanced leg space and decent interior, I said to my self, Toyota really upgraded, 'may be na 2017 model we dey drive sef'.. I determined the speed of the vehicle using GPS and it was within 120-140 KM/H, what prompted me to check the speed was how we were busy dusting similar vehicles and even one Lexus Lx 450 ..
Overall, the car was stable, and the journey was smooth.. After hitting the state capital, I signaled the driver to drop me, which he did, when I was about getting my stuff from the vehicle, I saw IVM and made in Nigeria tag on car.. I was so amaze and felt proud as a black man.. I then got my stuffs and took my way..

Nigeria with 80Giga watts will surely see industrialization in our life time.

Favourable economic policies will encourage the likes IVM to triumph

Buy Naija to grow naija.. Enough said..

This should be the first.. Elect good leaders people...

You're doing almost 90mph in basically a Chinese death trap with no airbags or seatbelts. And you're proud enough to post it?

You need hard raw data that is provided by scientific equipment to compare vehicles. Using butt-o-meter went out in the 50's.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Sunymoore(m): 9:38am On May 08, 2018
EgunMogaji:

You're doing almost 90mph in basically a Chinese death trap with no airbags or seatbelts. And you're proud enough to post it?

You need hard raw data that is provided by scientific equipment to compare vehicles. Using but-o-meter went out in the 50's.

Heh.. Actually, the car was stable of its kind.. The Toyota Hiace basically have no air bags nor seatbelts too.. So, I'm comparing apples to apples..

Yeah.. Speed comparison is outdated, but still, is a yardstick of stability

22 Likes

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Nobody: 9:55am On May 08, 2018
Sunymoore:

Heh.. Actually, the car was stable of its kind.. The Toyota Hiace basically have no air bags nor seatbelts too.. So, I'm comparing apples to apples..

Yeah.. Speed comparison is outdated, but still, is a yardstick of stability

You think you’re promoting IVM but you’re not.

An unloaded Mack truck can do the same speed but that doesn’t make it stable.

To others, if you’re ever in any of these death traps please encourage the driver to maintain the speed limit or lower.

Check the tires and continuously monitor the driver for alertness.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Sunymoore(m): 10:02am On May 08, 2018
EgunMogaji:

You think you’re promoting IVM but you’re not.

An unloaded Mack truck can do the same speed but that doesn’t make it stable.

To others, if you’re ever in any of these death traps please encourage the driver to maintain the speed limit or lower.

Check the tires and continuously monitor the driver for alertness.

Alright then.. Thanks for stopping by...

26 Likes

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by dangermouse(m): 10:16am On May 08, 2018
diportivo:

a 15 year old car will never perform on the same level with a 2-3 year old car

even if you have been replacing defective parts with OEM new parts since you bought it,the regular wear and tear will have taken its toll

the same car,compared to its American/European counterparts bought the same year won't still measure up

I'm not arguing with u,heck,I don't even own a car,but claiming a car used in Nigeria for 14 years and more shld be compared to one bought new for less than 2 years is very funny

Funny what you say. That my car is 2003 model does not mean I bought it 2003.
You obviously said it all when you said you don't own a car.
Talk as you may,you can never dissuade me on my stand that IVM vehicles rock.
The so called brands you guys are rooting for I bet ,never started like IVM. Out of nothing they made something good for Africa (mind you am not ibo, iam a NIGERIAN)
Innoson motors should be celebrated for their innovative breakthrough with regards to making affordable and world class vehicles available to Nigerians and beyond.
Looking at you I can see one of the people that doesn't wish Nigeria and Africa well. No apologies!

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by dangermouse(m): 10:24am On May 08, 2018
hisgrace090:

All inoson motor I seen are with body as light as paper, let them add quality first.

Until you have used and driven one then you can be in the position to compare and contrast.
Until then bro,peace!
As a rule I don't act on hearsay nor do I talk something I don't know or experienced.
Try to emulate that. It will do you some good. Thank me later bro

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by diportivo: 12:00pm On May 08, 2018
dangermouse:

dangermouse:

which is which really

dangermouse:

Talk as you may,you can never dissuade me on my stand that IVM vehicles rock.
The so called brands you guys are rooting for I bet ,never started like IVM. Out of nothing they made something good for Africa (mind you am not ibo, iam a NIGERIAN)
Innoson motors should be celebrated for their innovative breakthrough with regards to making affordable and world class vehicles available to Nigerians and beyond.
Looking at you I can see one of the people that doesn't wish Nigeria and Africa well. No apologies!

which did I root for?or u got the whole stuff confused just as u can't remember when and in what condition u bought ur 03 car??

when u say make(instead of assemble),and then u say affordable.....how exactly?maybe that explains why iv not seen one in Lagos this year

if u think I have a thing against ivm then that's ur conclusion....enjoy the illusion

IV seen how you have "looked" at me to deduce what I wish or don't wish....seer of the mind grin

let's assume I really don't own a car......what I know about cars is far more than u can comprehend

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 08, 2018
dangermouse:

Why put all this energy into defending IVM at all cost if you're not working for IVM?

That my first comment is now hidden shows exactly what this thread is really about - "Aggressive PR for IVM" but unfortunately for you & your supervisors, no matter how hard you try, it's German machines for me or nothing!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by InvertedHammer: 11:41am On May 10, 2018
Some people type IVM but in their minds they are thinking Igbo.

Even if Innoson builds a ferrari, it will never be good enough.

Some of them have never hitched a ride in IVM vehicles before but are quick to write them off.

It is not about the vehicles' performance fellas. Hate is the only driving force.

*/

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by deathwing(m): 12:32pm On May 10, 2018
grin grin grin
InvertedHammer:
Some people type IVM but in their minds they are thinking Igbo.

Even if Innoson builds a ferrari, it will never be good enough.

Some of them have never hitched a ride in IVM vehicles before but are quick to write them off.

It is not about the vehicles' performance fellas. Hate is the only driving force.

*/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by dangermouse(m): 9:18pm On May 11, 2018
Akathriel:

Why put all this energy into defending IVM at all cost if you're not working for IVM?

That my first comment is now hidden shows exactly what this thread is really about - "Aggressive PR for IVM" but unfortunately for you & your supervisors, no matter how hard you try, it's German machines for me or nothing!

The time has come to embrace what is ours. The accusations are baseless and the truth must be told. IVM has come to stay.
Rant as much as you want, what do you gain from running down another mans business?
Jealousy, avarice and malice can only weigh one down.
No matter how hard you try to run down another man's business, his products can and will always speak louder than you and your ilks.
I have driven an IVM and bro,it rocks!

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 11, 2018
dangermouse:

The time has come to embrace what is ours. The accusations are baseless and the truth must be told. IVM has come to stay.
Rant as much as you want, what do you gain from running down another mans business?
Jealousy, avarice and malice can only weigh one down.
No matter how hard you try to run down another man's business, his products can and will always speak louder than you and your ilks.
I have driven an IVM and bro,it rocks!

You're a brain-dead nematode not only for thinking I'm running down IVM, but also for daring to compare Chinese sub-standard products to German machines.

Maybe if Innoson had chosen to do business with Bmw, Benz & Audi instead of GAC, I just might have considered trying out his products.

No bastard can ever blackmail me into buying any fake chinese copy-cat models. If it ain't Bmw, Benz, Audi & VW - then count me out!

Picture 1: Chinese GAC G5

Picture 2: Innoson G5

Now, tell me the difference! grin cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by daamazing(m): 10:34pm On May 11, 2018
Akathriel:

You're a brain-dead nematode not only for thinking I'm running down IVM, but also for daring to compare Chinese sub-standard products to German machines.

Maybe if Innoson had chosen to do business with Bmw, Benz & Audi instead of GAC, I just might have considered trying out his products.

No bastard can ever blackmail me into buying any fake chinese copy-cat models. If it ain't Bmw, Benz, Audi & VW - then count me out!

Picture 1: Chinese GAC G5

Picture 2: Innoson G5

Now, tell me the difference! grin cheesy grin
Your previous car posts show that you trash other car brands except those 4 you listed. Not worth it✓
So other cars like Ferrari, Bugatti, Bentley, RR are trash too abi! We should count you out?

28 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Duties On Tokunbo Cars To Be Reduced - Kemi Adeosun / Are These The Weirdest Gear Shifts Ever? / Nigerian Man Spotted Using Palm Oil As Lubricant For His Motorcycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.