Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. (29520 Views)

Have You Seen This Innoson IVM 6857 Bus Before? (photos) / Design And Features Of The IVM G40 Presented To Mercy, Winner Of BBNaija / Innoson Releases Luxury IVM G80 And G40 SUV (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Cameroonglass(m): 6:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
just 90? my guy u no be traveller
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:01pm On Aug 21, 2018
sonnie10:
I live in US. We don't have IVM here.

chaiiiiiiiiiiiii..... and u are probably driving a Lexus or an Audi........

chai..
saboteurs
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Lexusgs430: 7:04pm On Aug 21, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

I should read ur own comment in the mirror abi after substituting........

done.......

now u read it, I've done the typing for u.....

read it slow and see if it has any relationship with the discussion

if u love it so much and u r not in the country then how come u know so much about the brand.... that means u r talking from mere hearsay and sentiments? not even facts and figures that other manufacturers dish out in quantum... duly uploaded online for everyone to see..... just hearsay...... my friend told me?

Kai, I need to be more like lexusgs430 and pick my debates wisely......

chaiiiiiiiii

aru eme!

Oga, I want to be like you when I grow up.....
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:05pm On Aug 21, 2018
next contestant please..... bring facts to the table, let's thrash this out....

one major requirement.... u must own an IVM vehicle....... duly owned oh.....

not my brothers friend said, or I travelled or the vehicle sped past my golf 4 and as I tried to overtake the IVM there was a Benz parked on the speed lane.... with its hazards lights flashing and no c-caution.... then I swerved cos I tot I was a driving a sweet angel eyed beemer...then everything went blank....

then I confirmed the IVM
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:11pm On Aug 21, 2018
sonnie10:

I live in US. We don't have IVM here.

The part of your comment that says "either way you lose"

yes na, u lost cos u dont own and have probably never owned the vehicle that u r so passionate about.... heck u might have never seen it talk more of driving it sef .... and unfortunately there are no specs online from reputable websites for the ivm.... I'd have said OK the specs are online......

and u gave me so much trouble cos of the brands unique selling point.... "I'm made/assembled in Nigeria, buy me"

so in other words u are typing strictly from the mountain of sentiments .

I hope u r a Nigerian and have plans to get an IVM
cos all other contestants here either have cars that r not innoson or they don't have cars or they are not in the country also
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:12pm On Aug 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Oga, I want to be like you when I grow up.....

uncle na una we dey look up to oh...... abeg u get any IVM wey u no dey use again?
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by sonnie10: 7:30pm On Aug 21, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

yes na, u lost cos u dont own and have probably never owned the vehicle that u r so passionate about.... heck u might have never seen it talk more of driving it sef .... and unfortunately there are no specs online from reputable websites for the ivm.... I'd have said OK the specs are online......

and u gave me so much trouble cos of the brands unique selling point.... "I'm made/assembled in Nigeria, buy me"

so in other words u are typing strictly from the mountain of sentiments .

I hope u r a Nigerian and have plans to get an IVM
cos all other contestants here either have cars that r not innoson or they don't have cars or they are not in the country also

If you were the CEO of IVM, what would you do to win over potential customers like you who still need to be convinced about IVM quality and reliability.
Let's forget affordability because good cars are expensive. Blame the government for not creating and environment were jobs and credit ratings is all you need to drive home any car of your choice.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Lexusgs430: 7:30pm On Aug 21, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

uncle na una we dey look up to oh...... abeg u get any IVM wey u no dey use again?

I don use all the eggs finish, you fit try your luck now.... I am assuming you meant In Vitro Maturation, right?
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by texazzpete(m): 7:42pm On Aug 21, 2018
udemzyudex:

The way some people jump into conclusion without understanding what they read.

Where in the post did you read that the bus is brand new?

If na your pikin no understand now you go flog am, now who go flog you for posting this nonsense?

‘Relatively new’ is the phrase I used.
If you don’t know the meaning of the word ‘relatively’, I can appeal to my mum to fish out the copy of Queen Primer I used in Primary School so many years ago. It will serve you well indeed.
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by thebigkendo(m): 7:43pm On Aug 21, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

so if I get u correctly, the technology in a Nigerian Kia is different from the American Kia?

Nigerian 2010 Kia with obd 1? Abi na the wan without airbag? grin grin grin
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by texazzpete(m): 7:43pm On Aug 21, 2018
Corrinthians:
I agree. I don't drive one at the moment, maybe because I find them a bit more expensive.

But the government can encourage them by making it MANDATORY for public officials to use them as official vehicles. In this regard, such agencies like the FRSC and the Army has done quite well. But they need to do more.

Why should the Govt mandate that taxpayer funds MUST be spent to prop up a private enterprise?
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by comodo: 7:45pm On Aug 21, 2018
Akathriel:

You're a brain-dead nematode not only for thinking I'm running down IVM, but also for daring to compare Chinese sub-standard products to German machines.

Maybe if Innoson had chosen to do business with Bmw, Benz & Audi instead of GAC, I just might have considered trying out his products.

No bastard can ever blackmail me into buying any fake chinese copy-cat models. If it ain't Bmw, Benz, Audi & VW - then count me out!

Picture 1: Chinese GAC G5

Picture 2: Innoson G5

Now, tell me the difference! grin cheesy grin
I bet when u see Land wind X7. & Chinese Bentley's. U will understand that its no longer a new thing to Copycat.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by udemzyudex(m): 7:46pm On Aug 21, 2018
texazzpete:

If you don’t know the meaning of the word ‘relatively’, I can appeal to my mum to fish out the copy of Queen Primer I used in Primary School so many years ago. It will serve you well indeed.

Where in the post did the op said the bus was relatively new or new? Mr English.
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by comodo: 7:46pm On Aug 21, 2018
texazzpete:

Why should the Govt mandate that taxpayer funds MUST be spent to prop up a private enterprise?
What's the difference between this & the cattle colonies & ranches we are proposing. I just asked a question.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by sonnie10: 7:49pm On Aug 21, 2018
texazzpete:

Because it's not good to talk with both sides of the mouth. You can't preach "buy nija to grow nija" and then you go buying a Mercedes or kia.
Other than Ford and Chevrolet I have hardly seen other makes of vehicles in US government fleets.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by nurey(m): 8:22pm On Aug 21, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

so if I get u correctly, the technology in a Nigerian Kia is different from the American Kia?

correct?

uncle nurey, is this true?

that a company say based in US will intentionally dish out a different technology to their subsidiary producing the same product in Nigeria cos they want to hoard technology...... I'm not aware of this oh

I tot they have same technology only detailed to meet specific state laws and requirements.... eg the California based exhaust system and the US (other states) based exhaust in the Toyota Camry 02-06.
ULEV and the sort.... same technology only that one is fine tuned to produce lesser emission than the other to meet with state regulations and also to cater for the specific needs of that particular environment. not to hoard technology....

the patent law only prohibits other companies in the same industry from copying the tech..... like what ivm is doing with those Chinese coys.... creating copycats..... they can do better with their imagination.
ivm can only do that cos the patent covers them

same with rhd and lhd.

it is true nah, the Nigerian made kia Rio I went to check has its engine made of wood. grin

we have no standard in Nigeria and its not only cars, we have other issues with other goods like phones, car batteries even as small as razor blade and cotton wool.
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:27pm On Aug 21, 2018
sonnie10:

If you were the CEO of IVM, what would you do to win over potential customers like you who still need to be convinced about IVM quality and reliability.
Let's forget affordability because good cars are expensive. Blame the government for not creating and environment were jobs and credit ratings is all you need to drive home any car of your choice.

yes the government is bad, but do we continue in sin so grace may abound? nay!!

good quality cars..... yes...... let them make good quality affordable cars like the picanto and the likes and USP should be mpgs and availability of original spare parts and see if Nigerians will not patronize them..... rather they decided to select the government as a target market..... thinking, if I peg my cars at N1bn the Govt will still buy as long as I have my legs, ears and hands in the right places.....

they need to start from affordability, that's the only unique selling point they can start with.

IVM Shakara.
1.4ltr engine
4speed manumatic/steptronic gear system
120hp
Fabric seats
Bland interior
Factory fitted AC
all the basic features, no extra extra

2m with 2years warranty, comes with free OBD scanner etc

labour is cheap in Nigeria to a large extent, esp unskilled labour, use that to their advantage employ more unskilled personnel for the manual greasy part and licensed, certified, trained personnel as supervisors, bring in experts as quality control /assurance officers and reward/compensate erring staff and likewise compliant staff..... do not bring in the brother or village person to act as ED or exco member unless he merits it..... simple do's and dont's

once in a while, invite professionals to act as mystery shoppers and do the needful by rewarding everyone according to their deeds irrespective of family background, relationship, status, degree, pedigree, or influence. give ur marketing and business team unrealistic targets to make sure none of them meets and exceeds.... anyone who manages to.... reward the person handsomely....

these are quite simple innit?

but the average Nigerian cannot even do 30percent of these things.... by the time his own personal vehicle breaks down and the fault is traced to one lousy fellow.... and the fellow is his wife's brother..... that ends the investigation, with a small quarrel @ home

it's difficult I know but we can do it.....

I mean,,,,,,,urmmmm.... if bjmotors can start posting Vin stamp of vehicle and chibecanglobal can become humble, there is nothing we cannot achieve when we have one mind and one vision

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
nurey:

it is true nah, the Nigerian made kia Rio I went to check has its engine made of wood. grin

we have no standard in Nigeria and its not only cars, we have other issues with other goods like phones, car batteries even as small as razor blade and cotton wool.

so its even worse than I imagined..... Nigerian made Kia has wooden engine talk more of Nigerian owned IVM

SMH, if they can be bribing the control officers and importing below standard parts to assemble in Nigeria to diminish the already established name of a big company like Kia, tell me what they won't do in the ivm? I even heard its the Nigerian made oyel that they use in the innoson as startup oil for an engine just birthed...... and I am supposed to close my account to buy it oh and drive to owerri every weekend....... for the next 5yrs before I resell it at least than half the price(if I even will) and that other person will drive for 5yrs and pass it to another person....

this particular ivm I see is not worth it shikena. it's glossy and clean and nice when it's fresh, 4yrs down the line nko? except they will do a makeover of their entire structure and start with affordable cars aimed at the average - middle class individuals.... then we can revisit this talk
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:43pm On Aug 21, 2018
thebigkendo:

Nigerian 2010 Kia with obd 1? Abi na the wan without airbag? grin grin grin

are u serious? without airbag? obd1

does uber accept it?

nurey said it all, we have no standards in Nigeria so like minded people like myself (majority both Pharisees and hypocrites....and me) will choose to utilize standards by other organized countries and patronize them cos I get value for my money.

and now I ask again

is there anyone here for ivm that has owned and is still owning the vehicle up til date? do we have ivm supporters that own Cars that are not Ivm products.....

after 5 more responses without valid proof, we will call it a day.... so if u r a car owner and u love ivm and their current products, and u still don't own one..... u r a stark hypocrite except u r not in the country.
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by thebigkendo(m): 8:52pm On Aug 21, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

are u serious? without airbag? obd1

does uber accept it?

nurey said it all, we have no standards in Nigeria so like minded people like myself (majority both Pharisees and hypocrites....and me) will choose to utilize standards by other organized countries and patronize them cos I get value for my money.

and now I ask again

is there anyone here for ivm that has owned and is still owning the vehicle up til date? do we have ivm supporters that own Cars that are not Ivm products.....

after 5 more responses without valid proof, we will call it a day.... so if u r a car owner and u love ivm and their current products, and u still don't own one..... u r a stark hypocrite except u r not in the country.

Uber does not discriminate grin grin
how many salvage corollas on Uber get functional SRS systems..
Mak i bust your head.. Some naija spec corollas (bank type) also don't have airbags..
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:54pm On Aug 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

I don use all the eggs finish, you fit try your luck now.... I am assuming you meant In Vitro Maturation, right?

lolz, it's an injection used in both the veins and muscles

IntraVeinous&Muscle
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:59pm On Aug 21, 2018
thebigkendo:

Uber does not discriminate grin grin
how many salvage corollas on Uber get functional SRS systems..
Mak i bust your head.. Some naija spec corollas (bank type) also don't have airbags..

haaaaaaaaaa, it is finished..... it is totally finished

cc dancok please come and help me tell these guys that "it is finished"

in Nigeria anything goes, that is why it is sad... and this is why we will continue to buy salvage from copart and iaai.... their standards are standard! and even then, their condemned is our OSHA prapra.... what Nigeria condemns, no man can use

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by toprealman: 9:00pm On Aug 21, 2018
Sunymoore:

Yeah bro.. Sometimes when the road is good, you'll not know your driving that fast
That's why you have a speedometer in the dashboard chief.....again I say to thee, safety first!
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Sunymoore(m): 9:32pm On Aug 21, 2018
toprealman:
That's why you have a speedometer in the dashboard chief.....again I say to thee, safety first!
You're right.
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by dabossman(m): 9:55pm On Aug 21, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

wrong, one can easily criticize any brand when the specs are available and consumer reviews are also accessible....

have u driven a Porsche cayenne before, but u can go online and see specs and compare with other cars in its category to enable one make informed decisions and arguments........

I Ask again.

what is the unique selling point of the IVM? let someone who feels he is authoritative in that field just bring it to the table for analysis!

someone said government officials should be banned from driving foreign cars.......

we don't need to ban them or force them or anything if the brand can comfortably compete with others in its class.

even the ivm vehicles I see politicians use in the south, the durability isn't there......

bring a 10yr old foreign vehicle and a 1yr old ivm, park them in a parking lot and lock it..... come back 2yrs after and check the extent of degradation both must have undergone...... or u look @ consumer reviews for data... and when I mean reviews I don't mean PR or paid reviews... I mean valid consumer reviews.....

have u ever heard of IVM recall? is it that they don't encounter manufacturer spec defects? but there is a salient Nigerian factor in the production process that ensures this kind of structure does not come to fruition

At the end of the day, your criticism is still subjective. It is based on the assessment of others. I could end up buying the Porsche cayenne and end up not liking it for something seemingly insignificant that wasn't mentioned in the review. There's a reason for the expression "the taste of the pudding is in the eating. We all have different tastes and choices. What is a perfect fit for you may not be for the next man.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:04pm On Aug 21, 2018
dabossman:

At the end of the day, your criticism is still subjective. It is based on the assessment of others. I could end up buying the Porsche cayenne and end up not liking it for something seemingly insignificant that wasn't mentioned in the review. There's a reason for the expression "the taste of the pudding is in the eating. We all have different tastes and choices. What is a perfect fit for you may not be for the next man.

5 quotes and not one person owns an IVM vehicle.....

all ye hypocrites.... repent for the time is at hand....

when men shall persecute u how shall ye persevere?
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by thebigkendo(m): 10:07pm On Aug 21, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

haaaaaaaaaa, it is finished..... it is totally finished

cc Dan.cok please come and help me tell these guys that "it is finished"

in Nigeria anything goes, that is why it is sad... and this is why we will continue to buy salvage from copart and iaai.... their standards are standard! and even then, their condemned is our OSHA prapra.... what Nigeria condemns, no man can use

Hahaha we actually get standard I think minimum safety feature is seat belt, base trims models did not come with airbags.. Airbags were available on higher trims, which you pay extra for, trust out naija people to go for the cheapest option since na God dey protect us grin grin.
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2018
thebigkendo:

Hahaha we actually get standard I think minimum safety feature is seat belt, base trims models did not come with airbags.. Airbags were available on higher trims, which you pay extra for, trust out naija people to go for the cheapest option since na God dey protect us grin grin.

we really need to up our game and I need to get me an ivm vehicle for test driving
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Nobody: 1:48am On Aug 22, 2018
Akathriel:

Tell me, what brand is your present car? I sure say e no go pass kia rio or elantra or any of those useless japanese bicycles. Dem no born you well make you discard your present car for IVM if na Bmw, Benz or Audi you dey drive.

The only way I can use my money to buy IVM is if the company will dash me €3Million along with the useless car. I'm sorry, but it's called "choice" bro!

mtchew

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by texazzpete(m): 7:16am On Aug 22, 2018
udemzyudex:

Where in the post did the op said the bus was relatively new or new? Mr English.

It's simple deduction. IVM vehicles saw mass adoption with transporters in the past few years. So looking at the 2014 - 2018 window.

Compared to the ancient Toyota buses that transporters have been using for ages, this is relatively new.

I once again urge you to work harder at comprehending written English. Cheers.
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by udemzyudex(m): 7:51am On Aug 22, 2018
texazzpete:

It's simple deduction. IVM vehicles saw mass adoption with transporters in the past few years. So looking at the 2014 - 2018 window.

Compared to the ancient Toyota buses that transporters have been using for ages, this is relatively new.

I once again urge you to work harder at comprehending written English. Cheers.

Stop jumping into conclusion, that's my word for you, keep your logic to yourself.
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Dabss(m): 10:51am On Aug 22, 2018
texazzpete:

what has queen primer got to do with knowing the meaning of a frickin word? SMH.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

All 2019 Bentley Models Will Come With Centenary Badges To Mark Its 100 Years / What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? / Photos From A Ghastly Accident Between A Fuel Tanker And Trailer On Ikorodu Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.