Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,352 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Tales Of Abigail - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales Of Abigail (68458 Views)

Tales Of An ASHEWO (18+) / Tales Of A Keke Napep Driver / Tales Of A College Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Geemoni71(m): 9:24am On May 03, 2018
wow..dis is luvly..continue pls
Re: Tales Of Abigail by dotyoung(m): 9:32am On May 03, 2018
Nice story
Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 9:38am On May 03, 2018
Hello. I design ebook covers for only one hundred naira ₦100. PM me or check my signature. https:///2348027329239

I will design your cover in 12 hours flat or it's free. Satisfaction guaranteed.

I can design covers for the following:
•Amazon
•Barnes and Noble
•Kobo
•Apple Store
•Draft2digital
•SmashWords
•Okadabooks
•Inkitt
•Blurb

https:///2348027329239

Payment can be made through any of the following:
•Bank transfer.
•Airtime credit. VTU and pin
•Payoneer
•Skrill
•Neteller
•Perfect Money
•Bitcoin or any crypto currency of any kind.

If you would like to see my portfolio, check my nairaland thread on my signature. If you want to chat on WhatsApp, my number is in my signature. https:///2348027329239

You can also quote me.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 10:38am On May 03, 2018
chivera018:
you made it to front page, more readers for you.
Yea! Thanks dearie....
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 10:40am On May 03, 2018
Geemoni71:
wow..dis is luvly..continue pls
Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 10:41am On May 03, 2018
dotyoung:
Nice story
Thanks for dropping by.
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 10:44am On May 03, 2018
Freebiez:
Hello. I design ebook covers for only one hundred naira ₦100. PM me or check my signature.

Okay thanks.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by ebonyfaf(f): 10:49am On May 03, 2018
I am an ardent follower. Please continue...
Re: Tales Of Abigail by daviesblaze(m): 10:50am On May 03, 2018
harrystories:
daviesblaze ndy87
just can't stop loving this
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 12:27pm On May 03, 2018
classicladyk:
ride on
Alright ma.
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 12:29pm On May 03, 2018
oluangelkay:
Wow! continue. am already crying. Wow! continue. am already crying.
grin Thanks for reading.
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 12:30pm On May 03, 2018
daviesblaze:
just can't stop loving this
Thanks smiley
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 12:33pm On May 03, 2018
ebonyfaf:
I am an ardent follower. Please continue...
Thanks for reading.

Enjoy smiley
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 1:14pm On May 03, 2018
Chapter Five

A Story Of Harry Enomamien

Abigail got home late and tired. She settled in her room thinking of how to carry out her plan. She had made up her mind to find John's killer. With the thought of what Andrew had said, she needed evidence to nail the killer, but she had no idea on how to go about it.

She thought of something, then picked up her phone to browse through the internet. Logging on to Facebook, she went straight to John's profile and clicked on his friends list, in search of the face of Lola.

She narrowed her eyes as she saw the name Lola Aderibigbe. Under her was another Lola Ogunbiyi. She let out a soft breath and leaned her head against the chair. She came across up to four different Lola on John's friends list, wondering which of them is the Lola Andrew had talked about.

She dialed Andrew's phone number and Andrew picked on the first ring.

"Hello."

"Hi, it's Abigail."

"Oh dear," Andrew said from the other end. "Any news?"

"I came across different Lola on John's friends list," she said. "I don't know which of them you're talking about, do you know her surname?"

Silence fell from the other end of the cell phone. "I don't know her surname." Andrew said.

"But you would recognise her, won't you?"

"Sure, if she hadn't changed so much."

"Could you do that for me?"

"What?"

"Go through John's friends list on facebook and point her out."

"Well....I would try to do that if I'm less busy."

"Thanks." She ended the call and pulled herself up.

A knock on the door caught her attention. "Come in."

The door was opened to review Juliet holding a tray of food. "How was your day?" Juliet asked as she walked in

"Juliet, my day was good and you?"

"Great," Juliet said. "I brought your food."

"Thanks dear."

"How did you go about it?" Juliet asked, dropping the tray on the table. "Any information?"

"Yea, that person we saw wasn't John," Abigail said slowly. "It was his twin brother."

"Oh, he had a twin brother? You see, I told you." Juliet smiled. "I believe you would forget about John now and face your life."

Abigail met her gaze. "I have another plan."

Juliet lifted an eye brow, encouraging her to expand her words. "What plan?"

"To find his killer."

Her words landed in Juliet's ears with a thud that she didn't bother to analyze. She narrowed her eyes in disbelief. "Abigail?"

"I wont let her go free, she must pay for every pain I had suffered." Abigail said. "No one else would do it if I don't."

"You this woman," Juliet said in pity. "You just got out of jail not up to a week and you've started hunting for John's killer, are you alright?"

"Am I supposed to be? The years I spent in jail had changed the person I am." Abigail said. "Now my mind is filled with nothing but revenge."

Juliet shook her head in disgust. "That's crazy. You want to get yourself into another trouble."

"I got my mind made up." Abigail said with more confidence than she felt.

"Nonsense," annoyance bubbled in Juliet. "I won't let you get yourself into another hell of trouble, not under my roof."

Abigail sat down slowly. "I can't live with the thought that John's killer might never be found. I would do all I could, I don't mind if it cost me my life."

"It won't bring John back to life," Juliet said in so much annoyance. "You will still have to live without him for the rest of your life, what's the use?"

"I know."

"Do you even know why he was murdered at the first place? Look Abigail, I won't let you walk through this part you have chosen." Juliet shook her head. "Abigail's wakeup."

"I need to know how this happened, I need to know who killed him and see the person punished. I have to."

"Damn it," Juliet voice was stronger than what Abigail had expected. "You know nothing about John, about his business, about his past life, besides what made you so sure that he was truly murdered by his girlfriend?"

As tired as Abigail seemed, the gaze she fixed on her friend was clear, focused, and intent. "The police confirmed it."

"And you believe that?" Juliet voice was low and almost shaking with anger.

"What am I suppose to believe."

Juliet shot her a wounded look. "Even if he was murdered by his girlfriend, do you know the reason why? Do you know what he had got himself involved in?"

"I won't change my mind. Not now, not in future."

Juliet stared at her for few seconds. Her warning didn't change Abigail's mind. She collapsed on her kneels next to her. "Promise me you won't walk on this part."

Abigail pulled out a long breath. She doesn't want to lie to her best friend. It was better not to diassapoint her. "No, I can't promise you that, I just have to, I'm sorry." She ended with a lazy note in her voice.

Juliet cast her pitying look, as if she was someone not worth wasting her time with. She got to her feet silently, then walked out of Abigail's room.

Abigail let out a breath, leaned her head against the chair. If she couldn't find John's killer, then who will do it. She's not going to give up, she thought.

Lola held her daughter's hand as they both walked out of her daughter's school company toward the car park. She opened the door to the back seat and let her daughter in before turning to the driver side.

Two men sat inside a white Lexus jeep at the opposite side of the road, watching Lola driving out of the place. "She's coming, get ready." One of them said into a cell phone he held to his ear.

A dark slim lady about five feet tall stood along the street, ten blocks away from the school building. She wore a black office sult and held a small handbag, waving at Lola's car as it approached her.

"Good afternoon madam," the lady said. "sorry to bother you, could you please help me to the bus-stop so I could get a taxi."

"Oh sure." Lola said with a perfect smile. "Come in."

The lady opened the front door of the car with a beautiful smile and got inside. "Thanks."

"You're welcome,"

"I'm Sarah."

Lola glanced at her. "Good to meet you Sarah, I'm Lola."

Sarah smiled. "Who doesn't know Lola Daniels, the famous TV presenter."

Lola face light up with a smile. "I never thought you would recognised me," she pulled out a soft laugh. "Most people don't usually recognise me outside."

"But I do, 'cause I'm a great fan of your program."

"Oh, really," Lola glanced at her with a beautiful smile. "That's really intresting."

Sarah stared back at Lola's daughter who was busy playing game on her mother's phone. "You're blessed with a beautiful daughter."

"Thanks,"

"I'm sorry, I wish we never met this way." she pulled out a pistol from her handbag. "You just have to do as I say."

Lola widened her eyes in fear as she met the greatest surprise of her life. She wanted to scream but her voice was not responding. The car was on a high speed. She wanted to slow down, shivering in fear. "Please...don't.."

"Don't stop," Sarah placed the gun at Lola's right side. "Keep moving."

Lola speed up. "Please,"

"Don't worry, I won't harm you as long as keep your cool." Sarah's voice was cool. "This way."

Lola quickly diverted onto another road. "What do you want?" She said. "I would pay you any amount you want, please."

"Just keep going, if you should stop this car, I'm going to shoot your daughter and you." Sarah said with a wicked smile. "Don't worry about me, I would escape, my guys are behind us."

Lola stared through her review mirror to see a white Luxus jeep following them. She shivered in fear, not knowing what to do at the moment, whether to stop the car and scream to alert the passersby or to just do as Sarah had said. She would not let anything happen to her daughter. "Please leave my daughter out of this," she pleaded.

"I swear I won't harm your daughter if you obey my words, I would take her home safely."

"What have I done? Please tell me," Lola asked.

"It's not something we can talk about now, and I'm not in position to tell you, I'm only playing my part. Stop the car."

Lola rolled the car to a stop beside the road. There was nobody around the place, only moving vehicles, going and coming. She stared through her review mirror to notice the jeep stopping behind her car.

"You have to go into that other car parking behind us while I take your daughter home,". Sarah said. "If you love your daughter do it now."

Before Lola could reply, one of the two men in the other car was already standing at the driver side door of Lola's car. She stared at her daughter who was too little to understand what was going on. Tears welled in her eyes. She met Sarah's gaze. "Promise me you would take my daughter home?" She said.

"You're wasting my time woman, the more time delay the more your daughter's life would be at risk." Sarah said.

"No I can't leave my daughter, please.."

"You have no choice," Sarah drew the little girl closer from the back seat and put the gun to her head while the girl cried.

"Please don't," Lola pleaded in tears.

"Get out of the car now before I do something stupid."

Lola quickly got out of the car and met the eyes of the man who was standing in front of her. "Please don't harm my daughter. I beg you."

"Don't worry," the man said. "We just need to ask you a few questions. your daughter is save with her. Please come with me."

Lola stared around. What would she do to save herself and her daughter? Where are they taking her to? She was scared of her life but more scared of her daughter's life. She knew any silly mistake could cost her daughter's life. She shook her head slowly and followed the man into the jeep. As the jeep rolled forward, Lola stared back to see Sarah coming behind them in her car.

3 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 1:24pm On May 03, 2018
ebonyfaf daviesblaze Oluangelkay classicladyk dotyoung Geemoni71 Chivera018
Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 03, 2018
Well done sir.

I don't want Abigail in prison again, let her beta behave.

3 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by daviesblaze(m): 2:27pm On May 03, 2018
diligently trailing cool cool
Re: Tales Of Abigail by daviesblaze(m): 2:31pm On May 03, 2018
diligently trailing cool
Re: Tales Of Abigail by itsandi(m): 3:52pm On May 03, 2018
Interesting story smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Tales Of Abigail by Missmossy(f): 4:22pm On May 03, 2018
Keep it coming, this is highly intriguing kudos to the writer!!
Re: Tales Of Abigail by ebonyfaf(f): 4:28pm On May 03, 2018
Right here...

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 8:49pm On May 03, 2018
emperorblog:

harrystories pls chat me on,my mail

aayanpoju@gmail.com
Okay, thanks
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 8:51pm On May 03, 2018
chivera018:
Well done sir.

I don't want Abigail in prison again, let her beta behave.
grin Thanks dearie...

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 8:54pm On May 03, 2018
Missmossy:
Keep it coming, this is highly intriguing kudos to the writer!!
Thanks madam.

Enjoy reading. smiley
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 8:56pm On May 03, 2018
daviesblaze:
diligently trailing cool
Thanks smiley
Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 03, 2018
Abigail get plenty pepper body.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 03, 2018
harrystories:
grin Thanks dearie...
You are welcome.

3 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 10:45pm On May 03, 2018
Chapter Six

Abigail lifted a glass of water to her lips before picking her ringing phone off the table. She was in a restaurant with Andrew. "Hello."

"We've got her," came the voice from the other end.

"Good job," Abigail said with a smile. "Put the camera in place I will be there in the next 30 minutes." She ended the call and met Andrew's gaze. "They've got her."

"So fast," Andrew said in surprise. "How did you do that."

Abigail smiled. "I have guys working for me."

"Are you sure this is not going to backfire, due to her personality," Andrew asked.

"Don't worry about that, I have my plan."

"What are you going to do to her?"

"To make her confess."

"And you think she would do that?"

"I told you I have a plan."

"What if she's innocent?" Andrew lifted his glass of soft drink.

"I would let her go."

"She would report the case to the police,"

"The guys I'm working with are police officers."

Andrew's face light up with a smile. "Really? That's quite interesting, how did you manage to get them involved."

"After pointing her out, on facebook, I went to an old friend of mine, a female police officer. After explaining to her, she helped me made the arrangement."

Andrew nodded. "That's brilliant, I just hope she's the killer."

Abigail pulled herself up. "I have to leave."

"I'll go with you."

"Not necessary, I'll talk to you on phone."

"Alright," Andrew got to his feet.

They both walked out of the restaurant to where Andrew's car was parked. "Where do you suggest I drop you?"

"Taxi park."

Lola was locked up in a room somewhere away from the city. She paced the room silently feeling worried about the situation. She wasn't surprised about her kidnapping because it wasn't the first time a celebrity like her would be kidnapped. The thought of her friend that was kidnapped some years back flashed through her mind, how her family paid ransom to get her freedom from the hands of kidnappers. She knew her case won't be different, her husband is going to pay a lot of money to get her out of there because she's rich and famous.

What was bothering her most was her 3 years old daughter. Did Sarah really take her home as she had promised, or was it just some sort of plan to get her comply? She was so worried pacing the empty room.

The sound of the door caught her attention as it opened to review Abigail and Sarah walking into the room. Lola stared at them with a frown, then turned her back against them, staring at the wall. "Instead of keeping me here, just name your price and let me settle you guys so I could get out here." She said, then turned to meet Sarah's gaze. "Where is my daughter?"

"Your daughter is very safe," Sarah said.

"You promised to take her home. Didn't you?"

Sarah didn't reply.

Abigail stared at Lola for few seconds before she spoke. "Do you know this person?" She handed her a photograph.

Lola looked at the photo, surprised. "This person is dead."

"Who was he to you before his death?" Abigail asked.

Lola stared at Abigail thoughtfully before meeting the eyes of Sarah, then back to the picture once again. "Why all this questions?"

"Just answer," Sarah said.

Lola stared at the picture again. "His name is John. He was my boyfriend before his death, though we had broke up before he was murdered. Was this the reason why you guys kept me here? To ask me questions about a dead man?"

Abigail collected the picture from her. "I want to know the reason why he was killed."

"How am I supposed to know?" Lola said with a frown.

"Because you murdered him." Abigail's voice was harsh.

"What?" Lola said. "That's not true, if you think I murdered John then you're dealing with the wrong person."

"Don't lie to me," Abigail yelled in anger. "Do you think you can get away with it?"

"Enough," Lola yelled back. "Why would I kill him? For what reason?"

"Because he dumped you for another lady," Abigail said. "Wasn't that the reason?"

"Yes he dumped me, but that is not enough reason for me to kill a man I once loved."

"Then tell us the reason why you have killed him?" Sarah said.

"Why are you bringing this on me?" Lola was boiling mad. "Didn't you know he was murdered by his girlfriend, John confirmed it himself before he died, and the lady was arrested and jailed."

"That's not true," Abigail said in annoyance. "I was framed."

"Oh," Lola narrowed her eyes toward her. "So it was you, and why did you think I killed him?"

"Because he said so, he told the police he was shot by his girlfriend," Abigail took a step forward. "If not you then tell me who killed him? If I had killed him I won't be here."

"I didn't know anything about his death," Lola was angry. "I swear I know nothing."

Abigail nodded. "I know you won't confess that easy. If you don't tell me the truth, I will kill you right here."

Lola eyes went cold. "Go ahead, kill me if that would give you peace, but I'm telling you I know nothing about John's death."

"Not only you," Abigail said. "I would also kill your daughter."

"My daughter.."

"Bring her daughter in," Abigail directed her words to Sarah.

Sarah walked out of the room and came back with Lola's daughter, the little girl run to her mother.

"My baby," Lola held her daughter in tears while the little girl held her mother tight, sobbing. "Please leave my daughter out of this, I swear I know nothing about John's death."

"I'm giving you ten seconds to save your daughter's life."

Lola held her daughter tight, she had no doubt Abigail could do it. "Please believe me."

"I'm asking you for the last time," Abigail said. "Tell me why you have killed John?"

"I'm saying the truth," Lola was in tears.

Abigail met Sarah's eyes. "Kill them."

Sarah smiled and brought out her gun.

"No you can't do this to me." Lola pleaded. "Please believe me."

Sarah raised her gun and pointed it toward Lola and her daughter.

"Wait," Lola pleaded. "Please don't shoot. I will explain. Please."

Abigail met her eyes. "Now talk."

Lola held her crying daughter closed and shook her head slowly. Where would she start from? She met Abigail's eyes. "The day I saw you with John, I was shocked, I couldn't stand on my feet. I felt betrayed, and heart broken. For many days I wept for losing John. I tried to talk to him on phone but he just wouldn't pick my calls, and he stopped calling me. I knew it was the new love he had found in you." She pause, cleaning her tears.

"One morning I paid him a visit, he was still in bed when I got there. He opened the door after many minutes of knocking. After he let me in, I asked him about our relationship, and he told me it was all over between us. I held his shirt and shook him, asking him what have I done to deserve that from him. He said he cannot marry a cheat like me."

Abigail let out a soft breath, and folded her hands over her chest.

"I was ashamed of myself," Lola continued. "I thought he didn't know about my secret affair with another man, because he always stays out of the country. He yelled at me in annoyance and asked me to leave his house. I denied it, but I never knew he had someone spying on me, he walked into his room and back with a picture of me with the man I was dating. Three different types in different locations."

"And you killed him." Abigail said.

"I walked out of his house silently and wept bitterly, knowing I could never have him back."

"How did you kill him?" Sarah asked.

"It was all my fault, because if I didn't cheat on him, he wouldn't have dumped me. Though I pleaded with him for many weeks, but he never look back at me. I had to let go. Two Months later, I heard he was murdered."

Abigail stared in annoyance but said nothing.

"I cried for many days, blaming myself for his death," tears rolled down Lola's face as she spoke. "It was all my fault. If I never cheated on him, he wouldn't have fallen into a wrong hand that murdered him. I almost killed myself. When I heard that the killer was given a light jail sentence, I was mad, I wasn't pleased. She ought to die, so I made a deal with a prison officer and paid him a lot of money to help me poisoned her, but I later heard she survived it."

Abigail narrowed her eyes in disbelief. She got poisoned few weeks after she was jailed, but luckily for her, she was quickly rushed down to the hospital, and it took her many weeks to recovered from it. "So you did that?"

Lola nodded. "I was sad you survived it, and the prison staff was not ready to help anymore, so I made a vow to kill you as soon as you're released from jail, and asked another prison officer to get me informed whenever you're released, and I promised to pay him 500 thousand for the information."

Abigail stared at her silently for many minutes. She remembered a prison officer warning her about the danger that awaits her outside on the day she was released out of jail. She pulled a long hard breath, and turned her back against Lola. With what Lola had said, she could tell she wasn't the one that killed John. Then who murdered John? She turned to face Lola. "Now you know I didn't killed John."

"Now you also know I didn't killed him," Lola said.

Abigail let out a long hard breath and met Lola's gaze. "I'm sorry for taking you through all this, there was no other way I could get the truth. It's so painful to spend years in jail for a crime I knew nothing about."

Lola met her gaze. "Please let me go, I promise nobody would know what has happened here."

Abigail stared at her silently for few seconds. "For the man you once loved, will help me in finding his killer?"

Lola stared at her thoughtfully for a long moment. "What do you want me to do?"

2 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 10:46pm On May 03, 2018
ndy87:
Abigail get plenty pepper body.
Abi grin
Re: Tales Of Abigail by aprilwise(m): 11:42pm On May 03, 2018
Bravo. such a wonderful masterpiece. the killer of John might be within. even nearer than they thought. thanks

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by empress101(f): 6:56am On May 04, 2018
I suspect Andrew...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers / For A Woman "Put To Bed" As Given Birth. How Correct Is It / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.