Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,519 members, 7,819,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Tales Of Abigail - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales Of Abigail (68607 Views)

Tales Of An ASHEWO (18+) / Tales Of A Keke Napep Driver / Tales Of A College Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Ann2012(f): 10:40pm On May 21, 2018
harrystories:
ebonyfaf daviesblaze Oluangelkay classicladyk dotyoung Geemoni71 Chivera018 Missmossy rukidanty babyurgly1 Chris2face Ann2012 Izaray aprilwise labelle123 Godwindanielboy mikelife15 pinkie2018 Yusuf2 Donyai
Thanks for the mention Boss, keep the updates coming

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Ann2012(f): 10:42pm On May 21, 2018
harrystories:
ebonyfaf daviesblaze Oluangelkay classicladyk dotyoung Geemoni71 Chivera018 Missmossy rukidanty babyurgly1 Chris2face Ann2012 Izaray aprilwise labelle123 Godwindanielboy mikelife15 pinkie2018 Yusuf2 Donyai
Thanks for d mention, keep the updates coming

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by oluangelkay(f): 1:38am On May 22, 2018
harrystories:
ebonyfaf daviesblaze Oluangelkay classicladyk dotyoung Geemoni71 Chivera
018 Missmossy rukidanty babyurgly1 Chris2face Ann2012 Izaray aprilwise labelle123 Godwindanielboy mikelife15 pinkie2018 Yusuf2 Donyai
nice update thanks for the mention. the search for the gold continues .

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by izaray(f): 9:35am On May 22, 2018
harrystories:
Thanks for the mention and update

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Bulcqlay(m): 10:14am On May 22, 2018
wahooo, to be sincere, this story really keep my boredom today, it was indeed very interesting, more knowledge to your brain sir, well done. kudos

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Giwa80(m): 10:17am On May 22, 2018
harrystories:
smiley
This story is superb.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by isyben(m): 12:28pm On May 22, 2018
pls when is ur next update coming? i cant wait to see what Abigail[color=#006600][/color]
will do

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by timstone(m): 1:38pm On May 22, 2018
chivera018:
Nice update. Also waiting to meet john
really waiting to meet that john while I check my pot of rice on fire

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by pweetygiftofGod(f): 4:02pm On May 22, 2018
More, please!

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by timstone(m): 4:40pm On May 22, 2018
harrystories:
grin grin Segun only met John once when John came to drop Abigail home in his car. He didn't know anything about him. And that happened in the first series. smiley

As for me, grin I only heard about the gold but I nuh see am for face o grin It wasn't me ;Dyou don see where theif dey say the truth except they flug ham?

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 22, 2018
timstone:
really waiting to meet that john while I check my pot of rice on fire
lol, rice wey don burn finish

3 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 22, 2018
harrystories:
Where is Chivera018? Oya show face o cheesy
I am in sambisa forest, care to join me ? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Okuchris(f): 5:56pm On May 22, 2018
I've Been hooked up in this story since morning. its lovely and interesting.
Re: Tales Of Abigail by labelle123(f): 9:16pm On May 22, 2018
[quote author=harrystories post=67742902]ebonyfaf daviesblaze Oluangelkay classicladyk dotyoung Geemoni71 Chivera018 Missmossy rukidanty babyurgly1 Chris2face Ann2012 Izaray aprilwise labelle123 Godwindanielboy mikelife15 pinkie2018 Yusuf2 Donyai[/quote. Thanks for the mention

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 10:17pm On May 22, 2018
chivera018:
I am in sambisa forest, care to join me ? grin grin
grin grin I'm coming, let me quickly take my AK47 and my bulletproof.
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 10:30pm On May 22, 2018
Bulcqlay:
wahooo, to be sincere, this story really keep my boredom today, it was indeed very interesting, more knowledge to your brain sir, well done. kudos
Thanks dearie... God bless you. smiley
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 10:32pm On May 22, 2018
Okuchris:
I've Been hooked up in this story since morning.
its lovely and interesting.
Thanks for reading..

Enjoy. wink

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 10:36pm On May 22, 2018
Giwa80:

This story is superb.
Thanks boss.

Cheers!
Re: Tales Of Abigail by timstone(m): 12:02am On May 23, 2018
this story dey totori me oh harry may your down below never disappoint you on the daxiz of ejakulation

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by mikelife15(m): 11:13am On May 23, 2018
Nominate Your Best Nland Writer For A 5K Award

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:45pm On May 23, 2018
Chapter Twenty

All sort of noise filled the air as Bode walked through the street that was crowded with market women selling along the street. The earthy smell of vegetables competed with unpleasant smells that would make you think why people eats ponmo. He walked slowly with a small bag hung on his shoulder toward some men standing along the street asking passerby for foreign currency.

Bode counted himself lucky to have purchased the artifact from Kate, knowing she didn't know the worth of what she had sold. He left the village earlier than he had planned just in case Kate changed her mind in selling the gold. What bothered him was if it was a real gold or not, and there he was to confirm it.

"Oga, you get am for dollar?" An Hausa man approached him. "Na me I be Alhaji Musa. Me I go change am for any amount you get."

"No," Bode said. "I just want you to help me check something out."

"No problem," Alhaji took him to a corner.

"This," Bode brought out the artifact from his bag. "How real is it?"

The man grew quite still as he examined the artifact, but out of professionalism, not wariness. He looked with bright eyes of one who recognised greatness. "You I go sell am?"

"Is it a real gold?"

"This one I no be better gold, walahi," the man lied. "But me I go buy am."

Bode felt disappointed as he heard it wasn't a real gold. "How much will you pay for it."

Alhaji looked at it again and met Bode's gaze. "Me I go pay am for twenty five thousand."

"Let me have it," Bose signed. "I can't sell it for that amount, besides I need to confirm it from someone else."

"Haba, aboki na." The man said. "Walahi, walahi this one I no be real gold. I go give am for you thirty thousand, gasikia."

Bode stared at it again. "Make it fifty thousand."

"Oga, me I try, walahi."

Another man who had been watching them from the other side of the street approached them and stared at the artifact. "Wow..this is beautiful, really stunning."

Bode met his gaze with a slight smile. "Yes it is."

"Is it for sale?"

Bode nodded. "Yes."

"Haba," Alhaji said. "Me I don buy am for the thing."

The other man ignored him and stared at Bode. "How much are you willing to sell it?"

"Give me hundred thousand." Bode said.

Alhaji met Bode's gaze with annoyance. "Na me I first buy am. Me I go give am for you hundred thousand."

The other man stared at Bode. "Are you willing to do business with me? I will pay as much as five hundred thousand for this beautiful sculpture."

That's a good amount of money. "Do you have the cash with you?"

"No," he said. "But I can transfer it on my phone into your bank account."

Bode nodded. "Okay, let's do that."

Alhaji wasn't happy with the man. He stared at Bode with more seriousness. "Me I get am for cash."

"Don't worry," Bode said and followed the man to where his car was parked.

In less than three minutes, Bode received an alert of five hundred thousand on his cellphone. He smiled happily and handed the artifact to the man. "Thanks."

The man collected it with a bright smile while Bode watched him drove away.

Bode happily walked along the road, with the thought of how he was going to spend the money. I will pay my rent and add the remaining ones to my business. He smiled and pulled his eyes toward an ATM machine, then he decided to withdrawn some money, at least to enjoy himself in a bar with his friends.

He waited about five minutes on the line before his turn. He brought out his card from his wallet and slotted it into the machine, typed in his password and waited for the processing.
He widened his eyes in disbelief. How come? His account balance showed eighteen thousand naira, which had been there before. what! He quickly brought out his phone from his trouser pocket and checked the message he had received, he could see five hundred thousand been deposited to his bank account. How come it doesn't reflect?

"Bros, give someone else a chance if you're not withdrawing," a guy behind him said with a frown.

"Sorry," Bode stepped aside.

He decided to wait a few more minutes to try again. But would he received an alert if the money wasn't transferred to his account? He was felt so confused as he brought out his ringing phone from his pocket. "Hello?"

"Bode?" His mother's voice came from the other end.

"Mama?"

"Some men are here right now looking for you. Where is the gold you collected from Kate?" Her mother's voice was very harsh.

Bode was shocked. "Some men? But Kate sold the gold to me."

"Pease return the gold immediately, the men threatened to arrest me and your father if you refused to bring back the gold. It was a stolen gold."

"Stolen?" His eyes felt narrowed. "But Kate said she took it from Jessica's apartment na."

"Jessica stole it, if you want to see me and your father alive, please return the gold quick, quick.."

Bode was confused. How this is happening? "Mama I just sold it away."

His mother screamed from the other end. "Ah! You better go collect it back before you put us in trouble."

"I sold it to a stranger."

"Stranger? Find the person quick, hello? Hello?"

Bode stood still as he ended the call. He felt so confused not knowing what to make out of the situation. He approached the ATM machine again and slotted his card, but his account balance still remained the same, eighteen thousand naira.

He put his hands on his head as he realised he had be scammed. "Ah! I'm finished."

©Harry Enomamien.. 2018

3 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Ann2012(f): 8:18pm On May 23, 2018
Bode don enter one chance

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Bulcqlay(m): 11:02pm On May 23, 2018
grin hahaha bode as enter yawah... I pity the poor boy

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by 24hoursreporter: 5:12am On May 24, 2018
harrystories:
Chapter One

"I want to see the manager." Abigail told the security man.

“You have to wait till he comes out,” he said politely. “You can’t go inside.”

“Okay please tell him someone is waiting for him outside."

“Okay.” The security man went inside, while she stood outside waiting.

Few minutes later the manager walked out, staring at her. “I don’t remember knowing you.” He said.

She sighed. “Please I’m here to see Juliet, Your boss. It’s important.”

“Madam is not here.” He dipped his arm in his pocket.

“I know. I want you to help me call her on phone.”

He studied her carefully. “Who are you to madam?”

“I’m her friend. I came from the village and I don’t have anywhere else to go this night."

The young man stared at her, brought out his cell phone from his pocket, then made a call to his boss. He gave her the phone few seconds later. “Madam wants to speak with you.”

She collected the phone from him joyfully. “Hello. Juliet it’s me Abigail.”

“Abigail? Is that you?”

“Juliet it’s me. I was released this morning.” Her voice was very soft. “I’ve been here waiting for you since afternoon.”

“Really? Ehya..kpele (sorry). Give the phone back to my manager.” Juliet said while she returned the cell phone to him.

“Madam said I should bring you to her house.” The manager said, while she followed him to his car.

The sweet melody playing out from the car stereo, took her back to the last time she visited her parents. She blamed her mother for her mistakes, who doesn’t want her be to like her sister who was single at 42. She regretted the decision she took with Segun. She was desperate to get married, to have a home to call her own.

She was so blind by John’s declaration of love toward her, broke up with the love of her life, with the thought of doing better with John. She hurt Segun’s feelings to please herself, dumped him when he needed her most, even denied him forgiveness in the presence of his mother.

All that she feared over the years came upon her, at 39, no man, no kids, no home to call own. If only she knew, she wouldn’t have broke up with Segun; she wouldn’t have been to jail. Life would have been good to her.

She wiped the tears off her eyes as Juliet’s manager stopped for a traffic light. He stared at her through the review mirror. “Are you okay madam?” He asked.

“I’m Fine, I’m okay.” she said in a low tone.

Where would she start from? The thought of starting all over again breaks her heart. Will she ever be able to live happily with the pain she had known for years? To forget the past and face the world again? Once more, she wiped the tears off her eyes with the back of her arm. She couldn’t believe she survived those years in jail. It was like yesterday. Here she was, free, and alive.

She came down from the car as it rolled to a stop at the front of a neat duplex, then followed the manager toward the gate. The small gate was opened by a tall dark skin young man “I’m here to see madam.” The manager said.

The security man asked them to wait outside till he gets permission from his boss and closed the gate. Few minutes later he pulled the gate open and let them in. It was a beautiful compound. Filled with expensive cars, Juliet was very lucky to have married a multi-millionaire.

As they walked toward the front door, Juliet walked out of the house, staring at her. “Abigail?” She ran toward her and embraced her. “I’m so sorry. Kpele ore mi (sorry my friend).”

The tears she hid earlier in the day came back to her eyes. “Juliet. I’m sorry. It was all my fault. I should have listened to you.” she said soberly.

Juliet shook her head slowly. “It’s okay. I’m happy to see you again.” She held her arm. “Let’s go inside.” She said, while she followed her.

Her mouth was wide opened as she stepped into the sitting room. It was richly furnished. “Wow! You’re living in paradise.” she said while Juliet smiled. “I’m happy for you.”

“First you need to take your bath, eat and relax.” Juliet took her to the visitor’s room.

She went inside the bathroom. Took a shower, brushed her teeth, and wore a nightgown that Juliet gave to her.

Juliet opened the door. “Come let’s eat.”

She followed her out of the room. Juliet’s husband was sitting at the dining table, waiting for them to join him. “Is that your husband?” Abigail asked.

“Yes. Come.” She held her arm.

As they got to the dining table, Juliet’s husband raised his head, staring at Abigail.

Abigail's eyes widened in disbelief. She turned her gaze to Juliet and back to him. Her best friend's husband was no other but Segun, the one she dumped before she was jailed.

“Come, let’s eat.” Segun said in a soft voice.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Okuchris(f): 8:19am On May 24, 2018
there is fire on the mountain. update pls...

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by izaray(f): 10:15am On May 24, 2018
Bode is in trouble

cc SirBlunt come and enjoy urself here biko wink

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by pweetygiftofGod(f): 10:50am On May 24, 2018
I just dey pity for Bode, he's own beating ehn, he may not survive to tell the truth

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Pinkie2018(f): 11:22am On May 24, 2018
He shoud have collected the abokis own bird in hand.............................
Re: Tales Of Abigail by Pinkie2018(f): 11:24am On May 24, 2018
He shoud have collected the aboki's own a bird in hand.............................

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by daviesblaze(m): 5:03pm On May 24, 2018
i'm literally gallivanting of exhilaration.

Harrystories, Abeg give James his gold o.
to avoid story that touch grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by 24hoursreporter: 5:23pm On May 24, 2018
harrystories:
Chapter Two

"Have you called your parents to tell them you're back in town?" Juliet asked as she drove out of the compound.

"I haven't."

"The last time I called your dad, he told me your mother had a serious illness that she was getting better, though it had been long."

Abigail didn't say anything.

Juliet offered Abigail her cell phone. "Call them."

Abigail shook her head. "Not now."

"Why?"

"I will call them when the time is right."

"Abigail?" Juliet narrowed her eyes. "Do you realise how much they missed you?"

"Missed me?" Abigail said. "Do they? If it wasn't them I wouldn't have been to jail."

"You won't blame them, would you?" Juliet said. "Every parent wants the best for their children, they will always give the best advice they could give, it is left for the children to choose their part."

"Like I choose a wrong path."

"I didn't say so." Juliet said. "Imagine where you would have been if John wasn't murdered, the guy loved you so much which I remember."

Abigail stared at her silently.

"But only God knows why it all happened." Juliet paused, diverting onto another road. "When Segun heard about what happened to you, he was very sad about it. It took him months to get over it."

Abigail stared out through the car window silently. She knew how much Segun loved her back then.

"For many months, he couldn't get over it." Juliet sighed. "I've never seen a man loved a woman so much."

Abigail pulled out a long breath. That was then, not anymore. She had lost him a long ago. Did Juliet need to tell her all that?

"Few months later," Juliet continued. "Segun got employed in a big company. He was very happy. I also was very happy for him, you know he had stayed jobless for many years. And after that, he was coming to my shop after work, that was because he needed my assistance to see him through the first month, and we became so close."

All Abigail could do, was stare.

"A year later," Juliet said. "He was introduced into oil and gas by an old friend he met when he was on his way to the village for his mother's burial."

Abigail slowly slid her gaze to her "Is mama dead?"

Juliet nodded. "Last two years. She had a serious illness that took her life."

Abigail was very sad about it. The last time she saw her was when Segun brought her to her apartment to help them settle the quarrel between them. She wished she had listen to the old woman.

"After some months," Juliet said. "Segun made it very big in his new business, and when he decided to get married, he came after me," she paused as if looking for the right words. "I...I couldn't reject him, because we were very close."

Abigail was silent.

"Abigail," Juliet put her hand across her shoulder. "I'm sorry if it hurt you..but what am I supposed to do, Abigail. Segun was very rich, if I refused him, he would have married someone else."

Abigail met her gaze. "You didn't need to say all that." She said. "I'm not angry with you marrying Segun."

"I know." Juliet said. "I'm a woman, I know how you would feel about it, I'm really sorry."

Abigail shook her head. "It's okay. You need not feel guilty about it."

"I'm not. I was only worried about your feelings."

"I'm not feeling bad about it," she lied. "Why would I? I was the one that dumped him, it was all my fault not yours. Please don't let us talk about this anymore."

"Things have really changed around here," Abigail said as she stared out the car window.

"It has been long you know." Juliet said, her eyes were fixed on the road ahead "The present state government is doing a good job, Eko oni baje," Juliet laughed.

"I can see that, the governor is really trying."

"And that reminds me of Esther," Juliet said. "Hope you remember her?"

"Esther...." Abigail said thoughtfully. "Jumoke's sister?"

"Yea, you got it," Juliet smiled. "Her husband is the present governor."

"You don't mean it?"

"Very lucky girl."

"Wonderful, when did she get married?"

"About three years ago."

"Na wa o, I remember how people use to bully her, so dull and dirty."

Juliet laughed. "That didn't change her destiny."

"So happy for her, I remember how her family went through a lot of hardship."

"Now it's a different story." Juliet said, and rolled the car to a stop at the front of a ware house.

A young security guard who happens to be in his mid tweenties approached them as they got out of the car.

"Welcome ma," he directed his greetings to Juliet.

"Ade, how are you?"

"Fine madam."

"This is the security looking over here." Juliet told Abigail and pulled her gaze back to the young man. "Open the door."

"Yes ma."

Abigail watched the security man as he took out a key from a bunch of keys. She pulled her gaze to Juliet. "You own this place?"

"Yes," Juliet said. "I rented this place some months ago."

"This big place?"

Juliet laughed as they walked into the warehouse. "I intended to use it for storing goods. But last night when I was thinking of you, I decide to offer you this place to start your own business."

Abigail widened her eyes in surprise. "Oh..Juliet..I cant believe this."

"What are we friends for," Juliet smiled, showing Abigail round the warehouse.

"What business will I be doing in this big place?"
Juliet stopped and met her gaze with a soft smile. "You're going to have of the biggest supermaket in town."

Abigail smiled with excitement. "Me? oh Juliet...this not too much?"

"You don't worry, I will do my best to fill it up."

"Oh thank you..." she hugged her with joy.

Abigail was more than exited. She had thought about Juliet setting a business for her, but not as fast and big to what she had been offered. For the first time in many years, she felt so happy for a new beginning that awaits her.

The sun was shining very bright by the time they left the warehouse. They were held in a traffic and it was taking too long to get out of it. The traffic held them at the front of an event center.

Abigail's eyes were on the big signboard that screamed the names and image of the performing artists. She couldn't remember the last time she attended a show that featured top artists.

The premises was crowded, and the entrance held a long queue of people waiting to pay for the gate fee.

"This traffic is not moving," Juliet said, one hand on the steering. "It's always like this whenever they're having a show here."

Abigail was silent. Her eyes were fixed on a man standing among the long queue. She leaned forward.

"What?" Juliet asked.

"That man.."

Juliet stared out the car window. "Which man?"

"That man in white and blue jean, closer to that lady in black at the front line."

"What about him?"

Abigail met her gaze. "That's John."

Juliet narrowed her eyes in disbelief. "John? How possible? John is dead."
Re: Tales Of Abigail by Okuchris(f): 5:31pm On May 24, 2018
please update us na

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers / For A Woman "Put To Bed" As Given Birth. How Correct Is It / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.