Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Qur’anic Verse Of The Day - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Qur’anic Verse Of The Day (7790 Views)

Let Ponder Over The Last Verse Of Surah Al Mulk / Post Your Fav Verse Of The Glorious Quran / A Leadership Seminar In One Verse of the Quran by Tbaba1234 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 8:26am On Nov 22, 2010
Al-kahf, The CAVE.

Chapter18- verse 99,

{ وَتَرَكْنَا بَعْضَهُمْ يَوْمَئِذٍ يَمُوجُ فِي بَعْضٍ وَنُفِخَ فِي ٱلصُّورِ فَجَمَعْنَاهُمْ جَمْعاً }

And on that day, the day of their coming forth, We shall let some of them surge against others, mixing with one another, on account of their multitude, and the Trumpet, namely, the Horn signalling the Resurrection, shall be blown and We shall gather them, namely, creatures, in one place, on the Day of Resurrection, a [single] gathering.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 1:56pm On Nov 23, 2010
Al-kahf, The CAVE.

Chapter18- verse 100,

{ وَعَرَضْنَا جَهَنَّمَ يَوْمَئِذٍ لِّلْكَافِرِينَ عَرْضاً }

And on that day We shall present, We shall bring close, Hell to the disbelievers, plain to view,
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 11:12am On Nov 25, 2010
Al-kahf, The CAVE.

Chapter18- verse 101,

{ ٱلَّذِينَ كَانَتْ أَعْيُنُهُمْ فِي غِطَآءٍ عَن ذِكْرِي وَكَانُواْ لاَ يَسْتَطِيعُونَ سَمْعاً }

those [disbelievers] whose eyes (alladhīna kānat a‘yunuhum substitutes for al-kāfirīna, ‘the disbelievers’) were masked from My remembrance, namely, the Qur’ān, such that they were blind, unable to be guided thereby, and who could not [bear to] hear, that is to say, they were unable to listen to what the Prophet used to recite to them, out of spite for him, and so they did not believe therein.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 1:23pm On Nov 26, 2010
Al-kahf, The CAVE.

Chapter18- verse 102,

{ أَفَحَسِبَ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوۤاْ أَن يَتَّخِذُواْ عِبَادِي مِن دُونِيۤ أَوْلِيَآءَ إِنَّآ أَعْتَدْنَا جَهَنَّمَ لِلْكَافِرِينَ نُزُلاً }

Do the disbelievers reckon that they can take My servants, namely, My angels, [as well as] Jesus and Ezra, as patrons, as lords, beside Me? (awliyā’a, ‘as patrons’, constitutes the second [direct] object of [the verb] yattakhidhū, ‘that they can take’; the second direct object of [the verb] hasiba, ‘reckon’, has been omitted). The meaning is: do they suppose that the mentioned ‘taking [as patrons]’ will not incur My wrath and that I will not punish them for this? No! Truly We have prepared Hell for the disbelievers, these [the ones mentioned above] and others, as [a place of] hospitality, in other words, it has been prepared for them just as a house is prepared for a guest.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:50pm On Nov 29, 2010
Al-kahf, The CAVE.

Chapter18- verse 103,

{ قُلْ هَلْ نُنَبِّئُكُم بِٱلأَخْسَرِينَ أَعْمَالاً }

Say: ‘Shall We inform you who will be the greatest losers in [regard to] their works? (al-akhsarīna a‘mālan, a specification that happens to correspond to that which is specifically meant); and these [losers] are described in His words [as being]:
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 8:54am On Nov 30, 2010
Al-kahf, The CAVE.

Chapter18- verse 104,

{ ٱلَّذِينَ ضَلَّ سَعْيُهُمْ فِي ٱلْحَيَاةِ ٱلدُّنْيَا وَهُمْ يَحْسَبُونَ أَنَّهُمْ يُحْسِنُونَ صُنْعاً }

Those whose effort goes astray in the life of this world, [those] whose deeds are invalid, while they reckon, they think, that they are doing good work, [good] deeds for which they will be rewarded.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2010
Al-kahf, The CAVE.

Chapter18- verse 105,

{ أُوْلَـٰئِكَ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ بِآيَاتِ رَبِّهِمْ وَلِقَائِهِ فَحَبِطَتْ أَعْمَالُهُمْ فَلاَ نُقِيمُ لَهُمْ يَوْمَ ٱلْقِيَامَةِ وَزْناً }

Those are they who disbelieve in the signs of their Lord, in the proofs of His Oneness, [proofs] such as the Qur’ān and otherwise, and the encounter with Him’, that is, and [who disbelieve] in resurrection, reckoning, reward and punishment. So their works have failed, they are invalid, and on the Day of Resurrection We shall not assign any weight to them, in other words, We shall not accord them any value.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 4:56pm On Dec 02, 2010
Al-kahf,   The CAVE.

Chapter18- verse 106,

{ ذَلِكَ جَزَآؤُهُمْ جَهَنَّمُ بِمَا كَفَرُواْ وَٱتَّخَذُوۤاْ آيَاتِي وَرُسُلِي هُزُواً }

That, namely, the matter which I [God] have mentioned concerning the failure of their deeds and so on (dhālika, ‘that’, constitutes the subject) is their requital — Hell — because they disbelieved and took My signs and My messengers in mockery, that is to say, [taking] both of them as something to be derided.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 1:14pm On Dec 03, 2010
Al-kahf, The CAVE.

Chapter18- verse 107,

{ إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَعَمِلُواْ ٱلصَّالِحَاتِ كَانَتْ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتُ ٱلْفِرْدَوْسِ نُزُلاً }

Truly those who believe and perform righteous deeds — theirs will be, according to God’s prescience, the gardens of Firdaws, which are at the centre of Paradise and [at] its highest part (the annexation thereto [of firdaws to jannāt, ‘gardens’] is explicative) as [a place of] hospitality, as an abode;
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 1:11pm On Dec 06, 2010
Al-kahf, The CAVE.

Chapter18- verse 108,

{ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا لاَ يَبْغُونَ عَنْهَا حِوَلاً }

wherein they will abide, with no desire, demand, to be removed from them, to be transferred to some other [gardens].
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:22pm On Dec 08, 2010
Al-kahf, The CAVE.

Chapter18- verse 109,

{ قُل لَّوْ كَانَ ٱلْبَحْرُ مِدَاداً لِّكَلِمَاتِ رَبِّي لَنَفِدَ ٱلْبَحْرُ قَبْلَ أَن تَنفَدَ كَلِمَاتُ رَبِّي وَلَوْ جِئْنَا بِمِثْلِهِ مَدَداً }

Say: ‘If the sea, in other words, [if] its waters, were ink (midād is what one writes with) for the Words of my Lord, [Words] that testify to His laws and His marvels, such that these [Words] are written with it, the sea would be spent, in recording them, before the Words of my Lord were spent (read as tanfada or yanfada) even though We brought the like of it, namely, [the like of] the sea, as replenishment’, in order to add it to the other [sea], it would [also] be spent, while they [God’s Words] would not be exhausted (madadan, ‘as replenishment’, in the accusative because it is a specification).
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 1:36pm On Dec 09, 2010
Al-kahf, The CAVE.

Chapter18- verse 110,

{ قُلْ إِنَّمَآ أَنَاْ بَشَرٌ مِّثْلُكُمْ يُوحَىٰ إِلَيَّ أَنَّمَآ إِلَـٰهُكُمْ إِلَـٰهٌ وَاحِدٌ فَمَن كَانَ يَرْجُواْ لِقَآءَ رَبِّهِ فَلْيَعْمَلْ عَمَلاً صَالِحاً وَلاَ يُشْرِكْ بِعِبَادَةِ رَبِّهِ أَحَدَاً }

Say: ‘I am only a human being, a son of Adam, like you; it has been revealed to me that your God is only One God (annamā, the anna assimilated with the mā retains [its function of referring to] the verbal noun), in other words, the Oneness of the Divine is [what is being] revealed to me. So whoever hopes to encounter his Lord, through the Resurrection and the Requital, let him do righteous work and not associate with the worship of his Lord, that is to say, [let him not commit idolatry] in [performing] it by feigning [faith] before, anyone’.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 8:47am On Dec 10, 2010
I have end the Chapter above Successfuly and, In-Sha Allah i have to move to the next chapter which is Surah Maryam soon.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 9:07am On Dec 14, 2010
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 1,

{ كۤهيعۤصۤ }

Kāf hā yā ‘ayn sād: God knows best what He means by these [letters].
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 2:29pm On Dec 15, 2010
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 2,

{ ذِكْرُ رَحْمَتِ رَبِّكَ عَبْدَهُ زَكَرِيَّآ }

This is, a mention of your Lord’s mercy to His servant (‘abdahu, a direct object of rahma, ‘mercy’) Zachariah (an explication of it [the direct object]),
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 6:00pm On Dec 16, 2010
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 3,

{ إِذْ نَادَىٰ رَبَّهُ نِدَآءً خَفِيّاً }

when (idh is semantically connected to rahma, ‘mercy’) he called out to his Lord a call, entailing a supplication, in secret, in the middle of the night, because this [time of the night] invites a faster response [to one’s supplication].
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 3:26pm On Dec 17, 2010
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 4,

{ قَالَ رَبِّ إِنَّي وَهَنَ ٱلْعَظْمُ مِنِّي وَٱشْتَعَلَ ٱلرَّأْسُ شَيْباً وَلَمْ أَكُنْ بِدُعَآئِكَ رَبِّ شَقِيّاً }

He said, ‘My Lord, truly the bones, all [the bones], within me have become feeble, weak, and my head is alight with grey hair (shayban, a specification derived from the subject of the verb in other words, hoariness has spread throughout his hairs just as a spark of fire spreads through firewood) and I wish to supplicate to you, and I have never been in my supplications to You, my Lord, unsuccessful, that is, [I have never been] disappointed, in the past, so do not disappoint me in what follows.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2010
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 5,

{ وَإِنِّي خِفْتُ ٱلْمَوَالِيَ مِن وَرَآءِى وَكَانَتِ ٱمْرَأَتِي عَاقِراً فَهَبْ لِي مِن لَّدُنْكَ وَلِيّاً }

And truly I fear my kinsfolk, namely, those who will succeed me [as closest after me] in kinship, such as [my] paternal cousins, after me, that is, after my death, [I fear] for the religion, lest they forsake it, as You have witnessed in the case of the Children of Israel, in the way that they changed [their] religion, and my wife is barren, she does not conceive. So grant me from Yourself a successor, a son,
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2010
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 6,

{ يَرِثُنِي وَيَرِثُ مِنْ آلِ يَعْقُوبَ وَٱجْعَلْهُ رَبِّ رَضِيّاً }

who may inherit from me (read yarithnī in apocopated form as a response to the imperative statement [fa-hab lī, ‘grant me’], or read yarithunī as an adjectival qualification of waliyyan, ‘a successor’) and inherit (also read in both ways [mentioned]), from the House of Jacob, my forefather, [inherit] knowledge and prophethood, and make him, my Lord, acceptable’, that is, pleasing to you.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 4:28pm On Dec 22, 2010
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 7,

{ يٰزَكَرِيَّآ إِنَّا نُبَشِّرُكَ بِغُلاَمٍ ٱسْمُهُ يَحْيَىٰ لَمْ نَجْعَل لَّهُ مِن قَبْلُ سَمِيّاً }

God, exalted be He, in responding to his request for a son that will be the incarnation of His mercy, says: ‘O Zachariah! Indeed We give you good tidings of a boy, who will inherit in the way that you have requested — whose name is John. Never before have We made anyone his namesake’, that is, [never has there been] anyone with the name
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:25pm On Dec 23, 2010
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 8,

{ قَالَ رَبِّ أَنَّىٰ يَكُونُ لِي غُلاَمٌ وَكَانَتِ ٱمْرَأَتِي عَاقِراً وَقَدْ بَلَغْتُ مِنَ ٱلْكِبَرِ عِتِيّاً }

He said, ‘My Lord, how shall I have a son when my wife is barren and I have reached infirm old age?’ (‘itiyyan, [derives] from [the verb] ‘atā, ‘it became withered’) in other words, [he had reached] extreme old age, 120 years; and his wife had reached the age of 98 (‘atiya in terms of its root derives from ‘utuwwun, but the tā’ is vowelled as -ti-, to soften it, the first wāw [vowel] is changed into a yā’ to be in harmony with the –ti- vowelling, while the second [wāw letter] is changed into a yā’ so that the [previous] yā’ can be assimilated with it).
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 10:09am On Dec 24, 2010
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 9,

{ قَالَ كَذٰلِكَ قَالَ رَبُّكَ هُوَ عَلَيَّ هَيِّنٌ وَقَدْ خَلَقْتُكَ مِن قَبْلُ وَلَمْ تَكُ شَيْئاً }

He said, ‘It, the matter [in question], of creating a boy from both of you, shall be so! Your Lord says, “It is easy for Me, namely, to restore your sexual potency and tear open your wife’s womb [in preparation] for conception, for I certainly created you before when you were nothing”’, [you were nothing] before your created form became manifest. As God wished to manifest this great power, He inspired him [the form of] the question, in order for him to receive the response that will indicate it [this power]. And when his soul yearned for the prompt arrival of that whereof he had been given good tidings:
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2010
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 10,

{ قَالَ رَبِّ ٱجْعَل لِيۤ آيَةً قَالَ آيَتُكَ أَلاَّ تُكَلِّمَ ٱلنَّاسَ ثَلاَثَ لَيَالٍ سَوِيّاً }

He said, ‘Lord, appoint for me some sign’, namely, some indication of my wife’s becoming pregnant. Said He, ‘Your sign, for this, is that you shall not speak to people, that is, that you [should] refrain from speaking to them, but not [from speaking] the remembrance of God, exalted be He, for three nights, that is, together with the days thereof, as [stated] in [sūrat] Āl ‘Imrān, ‘for three days’ [Q. 3:41], while [you are] in sound health’ (sawiyyan, a circumstantial qualifier referring to the subject of the verb tukallima, ‘you shall [not] speak’) in other words, despite there being no defect [in you].
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 10:33am On Dec 30, 2010
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 11,

{ فَخَرَجَ عَلَىٰ قَوْمِهِ مِنَ ٱلْمِحْرَابِ فَأَوْحَىٰ إِلَيْهِمْ أَن سَبِّحُواْ بُكْرَةً وَعَشِيّاً }

So he emerged before his people from the sanctuary, that is, from the temple — they had been waiting for him to open it in order to perform [their] prayers therein after his command, as was the custom — and signalled, indicated, to them, ‘Make glorifications, perform prayers, at morning and evening’, at the beginning of the day and [at] its end, as per usual. He then realised, upon his being prevented from speaking to them, that she was pregnant with John.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 9:34am On Dec 31, 2010
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 12,

{ يٰيَحْيَىٰ خُذِ ٱلْكِتَابَ بِقُوَّةٍ وَآتَيْنَاهُ ٱلْحُكْمَ صَبِيّاً }

And two years after his birth, God, exalted be He, said to him: ‘O John! Hold on to the Scripture, namely, the Torah, firmly’, earnestly. And We gave him judgement, prophethood, while still a child, a three-year old;
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 9:33am On Jan 04, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 13,

{ وَحَنَاناً مِّن لَّدُنَّا وَزَكَاةً وَكَانَ تَقِيّاً }

and compassion, a mercy for mankind, from Us, from Our presence, and purity, a charity for them, and he was God-fearing — it is related that he never committed a sin, nor contemplated [committing] one;
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 9:02am On Jan 05, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 14,

{ وَبَرّاً بِوَالِدَيْهِ وَلَمْ يَكُن جَبَّاراً عَصِيّاً }

and dutiful to his parents, that is, virtuous towards them. And he was not arrogant or rebellious, disobedient to his Lord.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by muhsin(m): 6:11pm On Jan 05, 2011
Keep the ball rolling, bros. May Allah bless you for everything. May He guide us all to the right path, amin.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 9:06am On Jan 06, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 15,

{ وَسَلاَمٌ عَلَيْهِ يَوْمَ وُلِدَ وَيَوْمَ يَمُوتُ وَيَوْمَ يُبْعَثُ حَياً }

‘And peace, from Us, be upon him, the day he was born, and the day he dies, and the day he shall be raised alive!’, that is, [on] those fearful days in which he sees what he will never have seen before — in these he will be given security [from fear].
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 16,

{ وَٱذْكُرْ فِي ٱلْكِتَابِ مَرْيَمَ إِذِ ٱنتَبَذَتْ مِنْ أَهْلِهَا مَكَاناً شَرْقِياً }

And mention in the Book, [in] the Qur’ān, Mary, that is, [mention] her tale, when she withdrew from her family to an easterly place, that is, [when] she secluded herself in a place on the east side of [her] home.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by ifyalways(f): 10:45am On Jan 08, 2011
wow.Just seeing this thread.
Chakula,u are doing a good job,Im reading from page 1,wud probably take some time for me to catch up with u.
Salam.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 9:08am On Jan 10, 2011
@Sister ifyalways,

You should keep fallowing the thread insha Allah you would find it beneficial.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Islamic Way To Raise The Children / Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy / Puff Daddy Embraced Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.