Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,727 members, 7,813,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? (2061 Views)

Show Evidence I Benefitted From N156m Slush Fund, Atiku Tells FG / INEC Website Shows How Buhari Benefitted From Manual Voting In 2015 / Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by oooduancalmdown: 2:03pm On May 01, 2018
Whenever you ask Nigerians what they love most about their country, you hear them mention "our diversity". But yet I don't know how this diversity has contributed to the country's growth. So I would love to ask. How has our diversity contributed to the growth of the country? How has these ethnic and cultural differences benefitted the Nigeria and her citizens?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by Obainoneandonly(m): 2:23pm On May 01, 2018
on d contrary its has been d bane of our downfall.every body in Nigeria today is tribalistic.right from buhari straight to d unborn

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by oooduancalmdown: 2:45pm On May 01, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
on d contrary its has been d bane of our downfall.every body in Nigeria today is tribalistic.right from buhari straight to d unborn
Exactly! We just like to lie to ourselves that we are united. Unfortunately, if this charade continues, our children will be the ones to to suffer for it. The world have left the black man behind. If only they know this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by Obainoneandonly(m): 2:51pm On May 01, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Exactly! We just like to lie to ourselves that we are united. Unfortunately, if this charade continues, our children will be the ones to to suffer for it. The world have left the black man behind. If only they know this
d thing has made someone like me to lose hope.we had high hopes for buhari,even d elderly and aged voted for him.then wat happens after,his tribalistic traits took hold of him and we are worse than ever before.bro,Nigeria is a lost cause and ave totally given up on it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by gidgiddy: 3:06pm On May 01, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
Whenever you ask Nigerians what they love most about their country, you hear them mention "our diversity". But yet I don't know how this diversity has contributed to the country's growth. So I would love to ask. How has our diversity contributed to the growth of the country? How has these ethnic and cultural differences benefitted the Nigeria and her citizens?

Our diversity only led to ethno-religious killings that started with the 1945 Jos massacre, the 1953 Kano massacre and the 1966 massacre that saw over 50,000 Easterners were killed for ethnic and religious bias.

This led to a civil war that cost millions of lives.

So anyone who says "our strength is in our diversity" is just an ignoramus.

Strength in diversity only means something when people are united, not when they are only kept united by the barrel of the gun.

Nigeria is a disaster and the Igbo nation will do far better when we find our selves out of Nigeria away from Yorubas and Hausa/Fulani

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by KratosCorp: 3:10pm On May 01, 2018
Nigeria's type of diversity is the single most consequential factor that makes the country an unworkable failed state.

There is absolutely zero country in the world that's as diversely complex as Nigeria. Not even the USA which is over 60% white and Christian. Yet, they are having a major diversity problem right now due to the rising antagonism from the minority groups.

In Nigeria you have multiple HUGE and unrelated nations lumped together by force as one. At least THREE of these diverse nations (not just 1 or 2) are larger than most countries in Europe. There is no other place you can find this type of unnatural mixup in the world.

Every other coutry that was as hugely diverse as Nigeria has been broken down into smaller and more homogenous nations. The only reason this has not happened in Nigeria is due to foreign interest and the general lack of concern for the welfare of the average Nigerian. The country is designed for the elites' resource extraction and that's to the detriment of the common people - nothing else.

There is no single natural unifying factor in this country. Everything (if any) that you can call an element of unity in this country was artificially created and forced on the people. So it does not work. And the painful part is that even the founding fathers knew this and made it a public knowledge during their time.

Large scale diversity does not work in nation building.

Diversity is a scam concept which the political elites use to divide the people in order to manipulate and keep them under control perpetually.

Extreme diversity - like you have in Nigeria - is a major hinderance to national progress.

oooduancalmdown:

4 Likes

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by oooduancalmdown: 3:10pm On May 01, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
d thing has made someone like me to lose hope.we had high hopes for buhari,even d elderly and aged voted for him.then wat happens after,his tribalistic traits took hold of him and we are worse than ever before.bro,Nigeria is a lost cause and ave totally given up on it
No be only you brother. We all can now see Nigeria has no future. Some are even campaigning for Atiku and that Sahara reporter guy. People that won't make progress when they get there. The truth is that nobody can change Nigeria situation. Nigeria's problem is too complex. We are too diverse and don't even like ourselves. Why then do we like deceiving ourselves? This is the same mistake their fathers and grand fathers made when they were youths. Now this generation want to follow same path. When will they accept that the country will not change and that Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba people are not compatible? These three large nations have different ideologies and way of life. Each one them will do better on his own. Afterall, they survived thousands of years before the whites created the country.

3 Likes

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by oooduancalmdown: 3:11pm On May 01, 2018
gidgiddy:

Our diversity only led to ethno-religious killings that started with the 1945 Jos massacre, the 1953 Kano massacre and the 1966 massacre that saw over 50,000 Easterners were killed for ethnic and religious bias.

Strength in diversity only means something when people are united, not when they are only kept united by the barrel of the gun.

Nigeria is a disaster and the Igbo nation will do far better when we find our selves out of Nigeria away from Yorubas and Hausa/Fulani
No be lie
Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by CodeTemplar: 3:19pm On May 01, 2018
gidgiddy:

[
You were making sense until the last paragraph.

4 Likes

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by Obainoneandonly(m): 3:19pm On May 01, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

No be only you brother. We all can now see Nigeria has no future. Some are even campaigning for Atiku and that Sahara reporter guy. People that won't make progress when they get there. The truth is that nobody can change Nigeria situation. Nigeria's problem is too complex. We are too diverse and don't even like ourselves. Why then do we like deceiving ourselves? This is the same mistake their fathers and grand fathers made when they were youths. Now this generation want to follow same path. When will they accept that the country will not change and that Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba people are not compatible? These three large nations have different ideologies and way of life. Each one them will do better on his own. Afterall, they survived thousands of years before the whites created the country.
bro its like our thinking are alike. ave said it time without number, dat d only solution to our numerals problem is for each and everyone to go his or her separate ways.its just simple,but some people are hell bent on keeping us together against our will.I bet you in d next 30 years if we are still togeda,we will still b in dis same situation.

3 Likes

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by oooduancalmdown: 3:54pm On May 01, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
bro its like our thinking are alike. ave said it time without number, dat d only solution to our numerals problem is for each and everyone to go his or her separate ways.its just simple,but some people are hell bent on keeping us together against our will.I bet you in d next 30 years if we are still togeda,we will still b in dis same situation.
Lols! In 30 years time, we won't be in this situation sef. We will be in a much more worse situation. With the way population keep proliferating with little resources( over reliance on crude oil), the country will be in deep shyte. I also don't know why some don't support Nigeria disintegration. Some are scared that we will go through war for this to happen. Some are scared for other reasons. Politicians are scared because of what they will lose after Nigeria is split. Everything is just messed up.

1 Like

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by stiyke(m): 4:37pm On May 01, 2018
OP is ignorant. Dont you know Nigeria need blood to grow, just as plants need water. The diversity spills the needed blood.

1 Like

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by oooduancalmdown: 6:40pm On May 01, 2018
KratosCorp:
Nigeria's type of diversity is the single most consequential factor that makes the country an unworkable failed state.

There is absolutely zero country in the world that's as diversely complex as Nigeria. Not even the USA which is over 60% white and Christian. Yet, they are having a major diversity problem right now due to the rising antagonism from the minority groups.

In Nigeria you have multiple HUGE and unrelated nations lumped together by force as one. At least THREE of these diverse nations (not just 1 or 2) are larger than most countries in Europe. There is no other place you can find this type of unnatural mixup in the world.

Every other coutry that was as hugely diverse as Nigeria has been broken down into smaller and more homogenous nations. The only reason this has not happened in Nigeria is due to foreign interest and the general lack of concern for the welfare of the average Nigerian. The country is designed for the elites' resource extraction and that's to the detriment of the common people - nothing else.

There is no single natural unifying factor in this country. Everything (if any) that you can call an element of unity in this country was artificially created and forced on the people. So it does not work. And the painful part is that even the founding fathers knew this and made it a public knowledge during their time.

Large scale diversity does not work in nation building.

Diversity is a scam concept which the political elites use to divide the people in order to manipulate and keep them under control perpetually.

Extreme diversity - like you have in Nigeria - is a major hinderance to national progress.

You are right. No country is as diverse as Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by fergie001: 7:06pm On May 01, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
Nice
You have attacked the Igbo race vociferously,and seeing you open this thread begs the question....what happened to you?
I am still at a loss whether someone used your password?
Please,don't go back that lane,some go provoke you,but just stay on point,if you no fit hold am,use ignore for your head..

For the topic we need strong systems...
A system that don't reward mediocrity
U know that nobody is seeing state governors,they are worse...
But they escape because of the system
When this government was coming in with all their "progressivism",one would have thought,tables will be shaken,so that this unitary constitution go fall,at least not immediately but little by little,but alas..they forgot their promises...

No matter who is President today,we won't make much progress because the system is failing....
Give strength to the units....and for any section,create checks-and-balances,
Make our elections what it should be,so that someone in authority will not take us for granted as they are doing now....
Give power to the federating units,so that some of the crimes we accuse Abuja for,we attack those in Ikeja,Oshogbo,Umuahia,Enugu,Gombe,Bauchi,Katsina and so on...

It is obvious the powers-that-be home and abroad wants us together,are we ready to go the Sudan way?
Look at Barcelona,etc.....we must devise means to make sure Nigeria works,by forcing,hitting,attacking leaders across board to attack our system....

Bless you,no abuse me ooooo,I have malaria.

3 Likes

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by Sarrakii: 7:14pm On May 01, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
Nigeria ethnic diversity has become disadvantage to the country progress because the tribes are not main to be together the tribal politics created by late Awolowo is affecting Nigeria seriously.

1 Like

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 01, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

as a Yoruba man I love kilishi and sits and no ibo man can do that better than an Hausa man. the smell of banga soup on rice can only equal thatcof wanke rice. all of the above can't be cooked perfectly by my dearest mum.

I still see no tribe that have administration prowess like the Yoruba. I haven't seen any tribe that putt more physical efforts in doing things like Hausa. I have not seen a state that loves gaming like benue people have not seen a tribe that loves cattle like fulani. have not met people who are funny and athletic like deltans I have never fuuvck a nice puffssy like a calabar own. each to her own.

the biggest problems are the Hausas that want to dominate others without consideration and the arrogant strand of DNA that's embedded in every ibos.
Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by freeze001(f): 8:15pm On May 01, 2018
stiyke:
OP is ignorant. Dont you know Nigeria need blood to grow, just as plants need water. The diversity spills the needed blood.

So where is the growth after all d bloodshed?

3 Likes

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by oooduancalmdown: 9:27pm On May 01, 2018
WinningSun:

as a Yoruba man I love kilishi and sits and no ibo man can do that better than an Hausa man. the smell of banga soup on rice can only equal thatcof wanke rice. all of the above can't be cooked perfectly by my dearest mum.

I still see no tribe that have administration prowess like the Yoruba. I haven't seen any tribe that putt more physical efforts in doing things like Hausa. I have not seen a state that loves gaming like benue people have not seen a tribe that loves cattle like fulani. have not met people who are funny and athletic like deltans I have never fuuvck a nice puffssy like a calabar own. each to her own.

the biggest problems are the Hausas that want to dominate others without consideration and the arrogant strand of DNA that's embedded in every ibos.
See this funny guy oo. All this bullshyte is what you call benefit?? This is why black people are seen as mentally inferior.
SMH!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by oooduancalmdown: 9:30pm On May 01, 2018
[s]
fergie001:

Nice
You have attacked the Igbo race vociferously,and seeing you open this thread begs the question....what happened to you?
I am still at a loss whether someone used your password?
Please,don't go back that lane,some go provoke you,but just stay on point,if you no fit hold am,use ignore for your head..

For the topic we need strong systems...
A system that don't reward mediocrity
U know that nobody is seeing state governors,they are worse...
But they escape because of the system
When this government was coming in with all their "progressivism",one would have thought,tables will be shaken,so that this unitary constitution go fall,at least not immediately but little by little,but alas..they forgot their promises...

No matter who is President today,we won't make much progress because the system is failing....
Give strength to the units....and for any section,create checks-and-balances,
Make our elections what it should be,so that someone in authority will not take us for granted as they are doing now....
Give power to the federating units,so that some of the crimes we accuse Abuja for,we attack those in Ikeja,Oshogbo,Umuahia,Enugu,Gombe,Bauchi,Katsina and so on...

It is obvious the powers-that-be home and abroad wants us together,are we ready to go the Sudan way?
Look at Barcelona,etc.....we must devise means to make sure Nigeria works,by forcing,hitting,attacking leaders across board to attack our system....

Bless you,no abuse me ooooo,I have malaria.
[/s]
Keep shut!! I attack Igbo people because they attack my tribe.

1 Like

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by oooduancalmdown: 9:31pm On May 01, 2018
Sarrakii:
Nigeria ethnic diversity has become disadvantage to the country progress because the tribes are not main to be together the tribal politics created by late Awolowo is affecting Nigeria seriously.
Awolowo did not start tribal politics

2 Likes

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 01, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

See this funny guy oo. All this bullshyte is what you call benefit?? This is why black people are seen as mentally inferior.
SMH!!!

what research was done to arrive at your conclusion or you are just trumpeting what you heard
Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by oooduancalmdown: 9:45pm On May 01, 2018
WinningSun:

what research was done to arrive at your conclusion or you are just trumpeting what you heard
I don't need to do any research. You just proved me right. What have Nigerians benefitted from their diversity is what I asked

1 Like

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by fergie001: 9:53pm On May 01, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
[s][/s]
Keep shut!! I attack Igbo people because they attack my tribe.
Noted,huncho
Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 01, 2018
Doesn't benefit us but make us backward,I always shake my head when some idiot are shouting one Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by KidsNEXTdoor: 10:39pm On May 01, 2018
Nigeria is nothing but a British mistake
It's what you get when you combine Saudi Arabia and Italy as a nation....

One region is full of hisbah police destroying alcoholic drinks..... And the other region is open for business and collecting tax from sale of alcohol and stuff...

What happens is that both regions share the revenue at the end of the day... The most funny part is that the former region collects more money than the latter grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by oooduancalmdown: 12:03am On May 02, 2018
abdelrahman:
Doesn't benefit us but make us backward,I always shake my head when some idiot are shouting one Nigeria

Exactly! Diversity is our doom. This is why the country should be split

2 Likes

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by oooduancalmdown: 12:03am On May 02, 2018
KidsNEXTdoor:
Nigeria is nothing but a British mistake
It's what you get when you combine Saudi Arabia and Italy as a nation....

One region is full of hisbah police destroying alcoholic drinks..... And the other region is open for business and collecting tax from sale of alcohol and stuff...

What happens is that both regions share the revenue at the end of the day... The most funny part is that the former region collects more money than the latter grin grin
Very painful and annoying

2 Likes

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:19am On May 02, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

I don't need to do any research. You just proved me right. What have Nigerians benefitted from their diversity is what I asked

and if you can't pick anything from my previous response. it shows how shallow and hateful you're
Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by horsepower101: 6:39am On May 02, 2018
WinningSun:

Your post is the best example why Nigeria shouldn't be one country. This is the best you could come up with after over 100 years of amalgamation. SAD

2 Likes

Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by horsepower101: 6:43am On May 02, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

You are making so much sense today. Hmm I hope it's the real owner of the account behind the keyboard.
Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:14am On May 02, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

i hate this one nigeria! We are too different.
Re: How Has Ethnic Diversity Benefitted Nigeria? by orisa37: 9:11am On May 02, 2018
Things were smooth working until Azikwe wanted to be Premier of the West, The Hausas drove away The Igbos from Kano, The Igbos provocatively invaded Ore and now a Daura man is stealthily squeezing the 9/10 of his Emirate in Niger, Chad and Cameroon into the Southern parts of Nigeria without permission or shame and using the jointly owned Nigerian Resources to carry out this nefarious maladministration. Restructure this Country and let's have P E A C E AND S E C U R I T Y from the Grassroots

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fela Durotoye Finally Releases His Manifesto / Mbappe’s Mother Confirms Player’s Fight With Neymar At PSG / CAN Is Pampering Berom Christian Terrorists- Muric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.