Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

The "Laws Of Tithes" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The "Laws Of Tithes" (449 Views)

No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? / The Four Types Of Tithes As Mentioned in The Bible / OAP Freeze's Biblical Misinformation On Collection Of Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The "Laws Of Tithes" by djoguns: 7:22pm On May 01, 2018
The "laws of tithes" like several other commandments and ritualistic covenant regulations imposed upon the Israelites, till the time of reformation (Hebrews 9:10, when all things are made throughly right), which were instituted under the Old Testament have been cancelled. When I write that it is out of place to operate Christianity under the law of tithes and all other laws of the Old Testament that have been abolished, I am not saying so because I do not believe in biblical giving, philanthropy or because I am some stingy, tight-fisted, parsimonious person.

Truth of the word or truth according to the gospel of Christ, which is the hub of bible message is that the laws of tithes and all other Old Testament laws have been cancelled, annulled, abrogated, dis-annulled and discarded. The Old Testament is useless, annihilated, no longer operational, and conveys no possible benefits anymore to anyone, anywhere in anyway on this earth, both Jews and Gentiles.

For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. For the law made nothing perfect , but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God (Heb. 7:18-19). This is not descriptive of some laws, but all of the old test regulations and stipulated commandments.

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh (Romans 8:3-4). How do we conclude that this same son is complementary to the laws that have been abolished. The former regulation has been set aside, described as old, antiquated, destroyed, removed, and invalidated (Hebrews 8:13).

By Jesus all that believe are justified from all things from which they could not be justified by the laws of Moses (Acts 13:39). If Abraham hath whereof to boast, because he was justified by works on some grounds, NOT BEFORE GOD (Rom. 4:2). The law is of sin, because it is not of faith (Romans 10:5; Romans 14:23).

Do you not hear the law, ye that desire to be under the law, the law has been cast out (Galatians 4:21-31), and there is no more law to keep or that is operational under the Old Testament, for till this day, even when the Old Testament is read, a veil covers their blinded minds, for until this day, remains the same veil untaken away in the reading of the Old Testament, which veil is done away in Christ (2 Corinthians 3:13-15).

The Old Testament is no longer workable, because not only are the two testaments mutually exclusive, also, the New Testament invalidates, repudiates and cancels the Old Testament, for if the Old Testament is still operational to the tiniest degree of possibility, then the New Testament is false. If tithers have any special benefits attached to tithing, which they spiritually derive outside of the non-tithes sensitive earthly principle of 'sowing and reaping', (Genesis 8:22, 2 Corinthians 9:6, Galatians 6:7), then the New Testament is a lie, a hoax or a fluke, useful only for miracle mongers, that many church handlers have turned into today.

I met a number of people read some portion of psalms into water, for drinking to get a miracle-healing...hogwash, nonsense. I want you to be cautious, for what David at psalms describes as deliverance is not New Testament deliverance, and what David calls 'enemies round about' is not the same as it is today. What David calls 'salvation' is not New Testament salvation, many times. The bible is absolute in its clear Christocentricity, and you had better read the bible in the Christ's message. Search the scriptures, for in them you think that you have eternal life, but these are the words which speak about Christ, the message of God, in whom we have life (John 5:39).

On the possibility of a free will rejection of Jesus after that the Christian is probably convinced otherwise; this would have been reasonable if accepting the finished work on the cross, by faith in Christ's death and resurrection left us ordinary, without any trace of divine transformation.

The process of salvation is however divinely supernatural and irreversible, for it would take a literal second suffering of death on the cross for the glorified Son of God to reverse salvation. If you cannot get Christ back to the cross like he went the first time, you CANNOT REVERSE SALVATION, OR LOSE IT.[color=#000000]

(1) (Reply)

See What The Wise Do Every Day I Am Greatly Amazed / The Exploit Of Endovelicus / Church Grieves As Pastor Admits To Sexually Immoral Acts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.