Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked (22426 Views)

FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ / Fani-Kayode Reacts To His Name On Looters’ List Without PMB, VP, Tinubu's Names / IPOB "Killers" In Trouble:us Rejects Nigeria’s Defence Of Immunity,sovereignty. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by divinehand2003(m): 7:15am On May 02, 2018
- Raymond Dokpesi says he was written by the US embassy telling him his visa had been revoked

- He says the embassy told him the action was because his name appeared on the looters list

- He is suing Lai Mohammed for defamation of character

A top member of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Raymond Dokpesi, has reportedly had his United States visa revoked because his name is on the looters list released by the federal government, the media mogul has said.

Dokpesi, the founder of Daar Communication which has two radio stations and the African Independent Television, has sued Lai Mohammed, the nation’s information minister, who announced the list recently.

He is now seeking payment of N5billion damages.

It was learnt that no date has been fixed for hearing of the suit filed on Monday, April 30, before the high court of the Federal Capital Territory.

The Nation reports that Dokpesi said the defendants allegedly sent his name as a looter to the United States Embassy, which in turn notified him on March 16 that his visa had been revoked.

According to him, the US Embassy said it was because his name was among a looters list submitted to it by the federal government arguing that the publication of his name as a looter was malicious since he has not been convicted by any court of competent jurisdiction.

The politician wants a retraction and apology to him to be published both in the social media and in newspapers and televisions stations.

He also wants an order compelling the defendants, including Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF), Abubakar Malami (SAN), to publish a full retraction of the defamatory publications and to apologise to him.

The report said a suit by his lawyer, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), showed Dokpesi also praying for a perpetual injunction restraining the defendants or their agents from further making any defamatory publications against him, and N50million as cost of the action.

The argument is that the publications have prejudiced his constitutionally guaranteed rights to presumption of innocence until proven guilty as well as his right to fair hearing as enshrined in the constitution.

“The defendants’ defamatory publications are malicious and calculated to overreach and prejudice my fair trial and for purposes of stampeding and cowing the court to convict me at all cost by agreeing with the defendants’ skewed position,” the plaintiff said.

https://www.naija.ng/1166941-trouble-dokpesi-us-visa-allegedly-revoked-looters-list.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by Firefire(m): 7:35am On May 02, 2018
The thief should be arrested.

Dokpesi, you sold DAAR Communication shares to Nigerians and up till now no dividends, return my money or die disgracefully.

Professional looter!

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by FabulousAutos(m): 7:36am On May 02, 2018

The argument is that the publications have prejudiced his constitutionally guaranteed rights to presumption of innocence until proven guilty as well as his right to fair hearing as enshrined in the constitution.

Well, I think he has a valid reason for the legal action considering that the case is still pending in court. This Naija sef ...I thought Lai has a legal background, he should have known better.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by omogin(f): 7:37am On May 02, 2018
APC is an unfortunate curse on Nigeria

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by Spar7tan(m): 7:37am On May 02, 2018
Lai mohamed case and loosters list.

Only God go fit settle am.

2 Likes

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by Pavore9: 7:37am On May 02, 2018
So that looters' list is that powerful! cheesy cheesy

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by dultmax(m): 7:37am On May 02, 2018
Its OK...We will work on it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by martineverest(m): 7:37am On May 02, 2018
we should be aware of consequences of our acts

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by partnerbiz4: 7:38am On May 02, 2018
Him no be looter before?

Btw where is obanikoros name

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by Naijaphobia(m): 7:38am On May 02, 2018
I for like make my name appear for that looters list, na celebrity I go immediately become, endorsement go follow, fellow looters go connect me with emotions, we go turn friends, my twitter handle go experience traffic, i go dey do short clios on yoitube with millions of liks, US go know say I exist, i go still dey waka free with my looters certificate and upper most I no go classify among the lazy youth.

2 Likes

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by shortgun(m): 7:38am On May 02, 2018
Tyranny.
When you have a tyrant as president what do u expect from his errand boys.
They all try to outdo each other in the act tyranny to impress their Head.
From Burutai committing genocide against shias to IGP of police publicly defending killer herdsmen and even calling them brothers to the army colluding with criminals.
The list goes on, Nigeria weeps.

It is the right of everyone accused to be presumed innocent until convicted by a competent court.... What is difficult to understand here?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by moyokawak: 7:39am On May 02, 2018
Oh well! Without proof or anything.

1 Like

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by Jubilancy(f): 7:39am On May 02, 2018
Every thing about politics in Nigeria looks like a ping pong game
I just can't deal.

1 Like

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by cr7rooney10(m): 7:39am On May 02, 2018
Opeeeee ooo

1 Like

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by Philinho(m): 7:40am On May 02, 2018
Without being tried by the judiciary? Naija I Hail oo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by slightlyMad(f): 7:40am On May 02, 2018
So much for the anti-corruption fight, How come he received the letter and not in jail yet?

We Nigerians do not care about your status, if you are found looting or laundering, you should end up in jail even if you are my father.
Simple.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by Kutis2030(m): 7:40am On May 02, 2018
so interesting

1 Like

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by gasparpisciotta: 7:40am On May 02, 2018
Next is ikoyi prison!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by princemillla(m): 7:40am On May 02, 2018
No rest for the wicked.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by fiercehillz(m): 7:41am On May 02, 2018
Looters list all the time...they should speed up these trials so that we can hear word abeg. Obanikoro and Mr. Raymond were on the same list some time ago...quite interesting.
Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by vedaxcool(m): 7:41am On May 02, 2018
[s]
Firefire:
the thief should be arrested.

Dokpesi, you sold DAAR Communication shares to Nigerians and up till now no dividends, return my money or die disgracefully.

Professional looter!

[/s]

grin grin grin defender of looters you must defend Raymond alleged looting of your money, you are pained because you loose your money lol but if it is Nigeria's money you will give a million reasons why it is a media trial. You are a joker.

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by laffwitmi: 7:42am On May 02, 2018
Good for our democracy...

Looters are evils

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by tesppidd: 7:42am On May 02, 2018
This Mike Ozekhome dey chop money O.

He's the lawyer to almost all the top looters in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by ntyce(m): 7:42am On May 02, 2018
He acknowledged that he collected money from Dasuki na.
Let him refund the money, simple

4 Likes

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by rusher14: 7:42am On May 02, 2018
They dared Lai Muhammad and APC now they are seeing the result.

grin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by Meajor(m): 7:43am On May 02, 2018
Okay....why you dey complain...stay for your country... Mtcheeeew

2 Likes

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by Nobody: 7:43am On May 02, 2018
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]
But it is true or do u receive any dividends?

1 Like

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by daftpikin: 7:44am On May 02, 2018
Abeg how far the 2.1B this guy was arrested for.

1 Like

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by 34webers(m): 7:45am On May 02, 2018
[s]
Firefire:
the thief should be arrested.

Professional looter!

[/s]
That is what happens when stealing is not corruption.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by MrMcJay(m): 7:45am On May 02, 2018
Lai doesn't need to reply his letter. He should just petition the EFCC to investigate and prosecute Dokpesi. That's when Dokpesi's body would calm down.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by divinehand2003(m): 7:45am On May 02, 2018
You see how negative publicity ruins the image of people in the international community? My dear youths, resists all forms of looting. A good name is forever better than a damaged reputation.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked by HtwoOw: 7:45am On May 02, 2018
Goood Move by USA

Hope other countries take the same step

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari, Osinbajo, Tinubu, Others Fail To Pay Party Levies — APC / PDP Governors Meeting: Read Communique Issued After Port Harcourt Meeting / Sheikh Gumi: Bandits, Herdsmen Should Get Their Own Ministry Like Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.