Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Quick Solutions To Prevent Your Infinix Phone From Overheating - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Quick Solutions To Prevent Your Infinix Phone From Overheating (2743 Views)

5 Ways To Prevent Your Phone From Getting Stolen At A Nigerian Wedding / How To Force Enable 4G Only Mode On Your Infinix Note 4 And Other Android Phones / See Why Your Infinix Phone Is Not Charging/ Not Charging Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quick Solutions To Prevent Your Infinix Phone From Overheating by Kalapizim(m): 9:13am On May 02, 2018
Why does my smart phone get hot unusually?

Why does my smart phone get hot and drain my battery?[b/]

[b] Why does my phone get hot while charging?

Why does my phone get hot while I am not using it?

Have you ever found yourself asking this question?

One of the most peculiar issues faced by smartphone users is the problem of overheating during usage. This problem can vary depending on how you use your phone, because while some users complain of this problem, others testify that the don’t experience this problem with their device.

And if you do have these challenges with your device, here are reasons why your device gets overheated as well as solutions to them.

Too Many Tasks Running

Just Like PC, smartphones are compiled with processes and applications running in background. Things on a smartphone are like things in life... They can certainly pile-up overtime and at times seem overwhelming, and then overheating heating follows up.

Solution

The effective solution is to have a working task manager, most phones come inbuilt with task managers; You can as well get/download a more reliable one on the device's app store, check and close the apps and processes which you no longer use at that moment. This will not only save your device from over working and heating, it will save the battery and improve its efficiency.

Low/Shortage of Ram

Smartphones, especially Androids are awesome! No doubt about that, and what makes them so awesome are things you can do with them, things like - Gaming, Streaming, playing music/videos, sending your mails, Surfing the net, Looking at your photos albums.

What makes an android so awesome is that you can run all this at the same time, but it kills your RAM and thus sets your phone on fire

Solution

Like i said, smartphones are awesome at minimizing/multitasking, you can eventually run almost all your apps at the same. Only run apps compatible with your phone - the ones your phone can contain and handle. Clear old apps and give space for new ones. Give your phone that rest too.

Heavy Gaming

Using your phone for heavy gaming is far from a good idea. No doubt the App store has a wide collection of pretty games, ranging from fun, entertainment, abstract, action, etc. The higher the size of the game, the more complex it becomes and sucks up your battery juice and ram by heating up.

Solution

Download compatible games with your phone, some of you may not like the sound of this but don't play for too long. Last time i checked, it was called a Smartphone and not a game console...

Heavy Streaming

Another way a smartphone can be amazingly awesome is in using it as a home cinema. There's nothing actually bad in practicing this, but you just be mindful that you can't stream well with a poor signal, therefore requiring a strong 3G/4G network connectivity. The longer your Data connection, the shorter your battery life, at the same time, your phone is heating up like a heater.

Solution

Aside from your device not only heating up as well as battery loss, if you don't want plan to miss a call or text message with loads of Data consumption then you wouldn't want to stream for long. Do learn to give your phone a rest.

Ventilation

Related to the question

- Why does my phone get hot in my pocket while am not using it? Possible reasons why it gets hot in your pocket are:

- You left your Wifi network ON and automatically, it's searching for available Hotspot to connect to, therefore it is on a task.

- Small or no size of air penetrating in and out.

- Data was left ON and the phone is connected to the internet.

Solution

Give your phone that space for air. You could keep it in a backpack, locker, or hidden in a protective case on your waist, it might just give your phone what it needs to breath and cool off a bit. And also remember to turn off Data/Wifi services if you're leaving it in your pocket for long.

Bad Battery
This is as a result of charging on heavy usage. When your battery gets old and weak, malfunctioning starts, phone batteries are always located at the back-cover area of a smart phone. If your battery does not sit flat on a flat service then there is a really good chance that it’s defective and should be replaced.

Solution
You should replace your battery to a new one.

Water Damage

This is majorly a hardware issue. Water/liquid can also damage a smart phone to the extent of making it heat always. This accidentally happens when you listen to music with your phone while bathing, or by rain/moisture exposure.

Solution

Locate the LDI (Liquid Damage Indicator) sticker(s) on your phone to make sure your cell phone is not experiencing any side effects of moisture or liquid damage. Your phone might have moisture damage and you might not even know.

No Rest

Your smart phone is your best friend and companion whenever you suddenly become bored. But like humans who work, and rest, they also need to rest. When was the last time you allowed your smart phone to get a rest for some minutes? Does your phone remain turned on constantly throughout the day, again remains on and plugged into a charger all night?

I doubt if you have ever used the “Scheduled power on and off” feature on your phone.

It is recommended to regularly power off your phone.This will help cool the CPU down significantly. You can do this while going to bed.

You can set up your phone to turn off automatically using the Scheduled power on & off feature on your phone. To do this, go to to Settings>>Scheduled power on & off and set the timing. It might just need to be powered off to rest for a little bit you know.

Other Hardware Issues

Much like the possibility of liquid or moisture damage, if a piece of the phone has become damaged then that piece may need to be repaired or replaced in order for your cell phone to function properly again, so your cell phone to stop overheating.
So, you see, overheating in device is pretty much caused by users themselves.

Are you experiencing overheating ? DO THE FOLLOWING ! and follow http://www.infinix.club/forum/196/381922 for more

Re: Quick Solutions To Prevent Your Infinix Phone From Overheating by felasey1(m): 11:31am On May 02, 2018
This an eye opener, alot of people dont allow their device rest.
Re: Quick Solutions To Prevent Your Infinix Phone From Overheating by Kalapizim(m): 5:20pm On May 02, 2018
felasey1:
This an eye opener, alot of people dont allow their device rest.
vthis.ery true, i am also guilty of

(1) (Reply)

Five Common Mistakes You Make While Charging Your Phones / Is This Usage Time Fair With A 4000mah Battery Capacity / Beware! Visafone Has Changed Tariff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.