Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? (16988 Views)

Yahaya Bello, Role Model To Nigerian Youths In Good Governance– Fanwo / 'You Have Been An Excellent Role Model' - Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates President / Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by homebase(m): 10:14am On Jul 07, 2018
Babatunde Raji Fashola ( SAN )

This man changed my perception about politics and politicians in Nigeria.

Fashola raised the bar of good governance in Nigeria via Lagos so much even the oppositions in
National Assembly then were making reference to him in the floor of the house saying " see what Fashola is doing in Lagos state "

I keep him telling people that any governor that come after Fashola must perform or else he/she will be easily
expose.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by innocential3032(m): 10:16am On Jul 07, 2018
ALHAJI MUSA YAR' ADUA
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by stubbornman(m): 10:21am On Jul 07, 2018
Saka
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by Ndonu101: 10:34am On Jul 07, 2018
The able statesman Nnia Nwodo, President General of Ohaneze Ndigbo

He always talks sense, I love to listen to Nwodo speak

I love Senator Enyinaya Abaribe, he is courageous and upright and embodies the republican nature of the Igboman

In terms of 2019, I think Saraki or Atiku will serve Nigeria well.

Kingsley Muoghalu will also be a great leader who can help redesign Naija into a modern state but the complex politics of Nigeria will not let him get to office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OgS-rAUlX4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4KedaUmn70
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by searchlight: 10:34am On Jul 07, 2018
buhariguy:
The lazy idiotic pigs of biafra don't have any political leader to follow,

their own is anyhow belly face
i thought this clown has died in the plateau killings. why dont you just die and sanitize the world once and for all?
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by dokiOloye(m): 10:38am On Jul 07, 2018
EmekusTHEgreat:
I like Peter Obi for the fact that he is a critical thinker and unlike many others isn't vain, while governor his resolve was always one to admire likewise his spending habits.

I also commend Shehu Sani, his stance on political issues always seem logical, he seems to be a rare breed in context of Northern politics.

As a former resident of Kaduna state, I have a bit of experience with Ahmed Markarfi, and I admire his de-tribalised nature, during his tenure Southern Kaduna indigenes were relatively contempt.

Donald Duke is a man that I would vote for if he were to contest, he is president Nigeria needs, but we all know that he will have to wait for almost 20years before the zoning system favours the SS again.

The last on my list, but top of my preference is Mal. Nuhu Ribadu, I don't understand why Nigerians threw away a golden opportunity in the last decade to truly experience an incorruptible president. I can only imagine how the country would be if he had won. The truth in Nigeria, parties win elections, not people.

There we go, when we talk about politics, these are the few men that I admire
I know that all politician are likely corrupt. But certain traits from these men show me that the there exist potential for better Nigerian leaders
Nice list, with the exception of Nuhu Ribadu.
Remember d way Obasanjo used him to declare everyone opposed to his 3rd term agenda as corrupt?
He has been tested and did not acquit himself.
Another sound person from the North is Rtd Col Abubakar Dangiwa Umar.Very sound and detribalised man and long time critic of the northern feudal kleptocrats.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by frankIzuchukwu(m): 10:45am On Jul 07, 2018
jabirsuleiman:
my Political Role Model Is Governor Dankwambo
Yes
BSC
PGD
MSC
PHD
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by 8stargeneral: 10:50am On Jul 07, 2018
Obj grin cheesy grin
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by akdjr(m): 10:55am On Jul 07, 2018
Taiwo Akerele. The preasent Chief of Staff to Edo state Governor.
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by koolguy88(m): 10:55am On Jul 07, 2018
dankwambo is the man, any time, any day.
He is an emerging Leader (President) of this country.
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by Ejiason: 11:06am On Jul 07, 2018
With the present set of politicians in Nigeria today it is misleading for one to say" this is my role model".
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by Ejiason: 11:10am On Jul 07, 2018
With the present set of politicians in Nigeria today it is misleading for one to say" this is my role model". [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by Worldbest281: 11:11am On Jul 07, 2018
Tinubu
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by GMbuharii: 11:19am On Jul 07, 2018
It's easy to know the role model of koneheads and sophisticated morons grin
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by newoffer: 11:22am On Jul 07, 2018
None. All of them are ponzi scheme
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by Badb0y4lyf(m): 11:23am On Jul 07, 2018
IF you give me the indulgence of time Patric Obahiagbon would be my political mentor very articulate and direct.

Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by Mrshocker(m): 11:32am On Jul 07, 2018
The Politician that invested in Human Resources
The leader of leaders
The only politician that know how to look away when necessary and knows when to strike.
The only politician that have made some common average men Leaders and icons in today’s politics.
The short tiny man with brain of Solomon.
The father that will fight for the progress of the men he built even when they ain’t loyal to him anymore. (Not that leader who pulled Down the whole house he suffered to build just because a tenant wasn’t as loyal as he wanted him to be)
The Leader whom other leaders envy the most but have to seek
The leader that all political party want to align with
The man of many titles.

ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU (Long Live Jagaban)
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by sexdoll: 11:46am On Jul 07, 2018
biznesstime:

Am not kidneying you

After GEJ, my next role model is Patience Ebele Jonathan aka Mama Peace

chai, you have just succeeded in removing all my kidneys. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 11:58am On Jul 07, 2018
Abaribe
Shehu sani
Ben Bruce
Dino
Akapbio
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by romenna: 11:59am On Jul 07, 2018
GEJ
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:03pm On Jul 07, 2018
adetoroamos:
none I repeat. even the sowore guy and fela durutoye will still change when they taste power. I have a Prof for my side that am loyal to, the man even show me the senatorial slot they give him and he said he's not interested because politics is a dirty game
now he is not even a floor member, who his cowardice epp?
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:06pm On Jul 07, 2018
Lonestar124:
Do we have unfounded/unnoticed persons in this furum assertively and convincingly ready to exude his/her charisma in the field of politics in Nigeria today or in future

How do you set and concoct your political aspiration?, what are your convictions and determinations for this nation Nigeria?. It grieves me a lot and gives me sleepless night seeing and hearing unfortunate stories entailing Nigeria, the unwarranted killings of our innocent brothers and sisters, how people die of starvation and inadequacy of health equipments, the massive unabated corruption prompt by the citizens, the officers and conspicuously our the government officials, weak security system, unstable electricity, inferior educational system, economic destabilization and to fight against religion,tribe,cultural discrimination in Nigeria

Only people that has leaves the shores of Nigeria will attest with me that Nigeria needs improvement in all conventional development strategies.

Let me hear from you, who do likened to cast your vote as well a role model to you among all politicians in Nigeria.....please this thread is for focused ones and persons that built this country in their heart...Thanks

Nigeria, adedibu for his understanding of human psychology
and fayose same
and anenih for being relevant without being electedand fashola for his patient loyalty aka AWO for his maverick headstand implementation

international,kagame and Mugabe for doing what needed to be done
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:08pm On Jul 07, 2018
Lonestar124:
I expect this response from you, but listen KANU is just a freedom fighter not even a religious leader as you politically entails it.

Sad you can't differentiate democracy and people clamouring for actualization and simultaneously threatening the country at large.

Which governmental position has he run in Nigeria? What are his political antecedents?.....or are you telling me his penchant of drawing attention automatically brand him a politician?
there is partisan and non partisan politics Mr man
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by theDEVILisHERE: 12:09pm On Jul 07, 2018
Lonestar124:
In the midst of bad people they're always good person....so you mean their is no political icon you find respectful in Nigeria?

Every politician is a criminal by default

A criminal is not a good person
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by deanmartins(m): 12:12pm On Jul 07, 2018
Late chief chuba okadigbo
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by redsun(m): 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2018
Lonestar124:
In the midst of bad people they're always good person....so you mean their is no political icon you find respectful in Nigeria?

Who could that be? They are all thieves, one way or the other.Big thieves, medium thieves and small thieve-federal,state and local government.
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:24pm On Jul 07, 2018
redsun:

Who could that be? They are all thieves, one way or the other.Big thieves, medium thieves and small thieve-federal,state and local government.
Robin Hood was a good thief
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2018
Almunjid:

None of them is a good person. As soon as they joined politics they seize to be good. They are like pigs... Have u seen clean pigs that eat clean foods and stay in clean environment?.
Politics is like a dirty environment, when u enter it u get dirty.
all pigs eat and live clean if they have a choice. if you wipe 38 million leave foolish 13 million to decide for you then don't complain
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:34pm On Jul 07, 2018
milemimi93:

Politics is not a dirty game, it's the African politicians that are dirty and make politics a 'Do or Die'.

Go to US and see how politics is bin played
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
learner
have you lived in US BEFORE
OR YOU THINK CNN INTERNATIONAL IS SOMETHING CNN AMERICA OR THEIR LOCAL CHANNELS

USA has the dirtiest politics ever
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by milemimi93(m): 12:41pm On Jul 07, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
learner
have you lived in US BEFORE
OR YOU THINK CNN INTERNATIONAL IS SOMETHING CNN AMERICA OR THEIR LOCAL CHANNELS

USA has the dirtiest politics ever

Do US politicians killed? Like go to babalawo get charm for an appointment?

Jus here to learn
Re: Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? by Segchenko2000: 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2018
Yar'adua

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Know He Is Dead Aisha Buhari Cries In BBC News / Jos Jailbreak: More Names, Photos Of Escaped Prisoners Declared Wanted (pics) / Fake EFCC Official Arrested At Adamawa State House Of Assembly (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.